(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Who Knows How Much of Who in the Omni-Catcher - Chaotix - Two Rings to Rule Them All

Post by Bean »

A random level select thing in a game like this is kind of silly when you think about it. So are mid-bosses where you have to hit the thing in its head a certain number of times or let the time limit run out depending on which act you're in.
strongbadman

Re: Who Knows How Much of Who in the Omni-Catcher - Chaotix - Two Rings to Rule Them All

Post by strongbadman »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago A random level select thing in a game like this is kind of silly when you think about it. So are mid-bosses where you have to hit the thing in its head a certain number of times or let the time limit run out depending on which act you're in.
Especially since apparently time of day affects enemy and boss behavior.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago a game like this is kind of silly
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

game silly

I feel like this game might expect you to use the HOLD more?
ImageImage
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Throughout human history clothes have been used as a status symbol both officially and unofficially.
In ancient Rome only certain high ranking people, like senators, were allowed to wear purple stripes on their clothes.
Movements such as dandyism and la sape use clothes as a display of their ideology.
It can be imagined that in a society where the only article of clothing most people wear are shoes, and maybe gloves, people would spend a lot of time acquiring and maintaining very very nice shoes.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

please use heavy once

he's the only one who hasn't been shown off
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I'm starting to get the creeping suspicion that this game takes place in the infamous parallel universe where Sonic just eats bees all day but isn't immune to their stings. This might also explain why Charmy has lying low for most of this playthrough, cautiously emerging only for brief, fleeting moments when raocow hits a character switch monitor.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

today in marina madness, we pay the ring toll over one of robotnik's deadly speed traps and we fight rouge's one polygon
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Chaotix Connections - Title Something Omnibus

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago please use heavy once

Charmy + Heavy is a surprisingly good combo. You're basically a mobile wrecking ball

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations

Ok, so I looked it up and couldn't find a match for any type of barcode that would fit the one in the stage name screen. I can't suspend my disbelief if they can't get that right.
ImageImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

1) Bomb honestly seems like a good partner, in the sense that every time you've had him he has done nothing, which is useful

2) Ramiel joek here (in seriousness 3D elements in 2D games like this, or the coffins in castlevania sotn, look really awesome imo)

3) Even though they're not spheres this is clearly yet another variation on the "boss with rotating spheres" archetype yup
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Anyone else find the non-Chaos Ring end-level transitions weird

Like it's missing something
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Chaotix Connections - Title Something Omnibus

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
Grounder wrote: 4 years ago please use heavy once

Charmy + Heavy is a surprisingly good combo. You're basically a mobile wrecking ball

actually my go-to team as a kid, hilarious
TehRealSalt
ring racers programmer
First name: sally

Post by TehRealSalt »

The "decoy" partners are actually more like double edged swords

- Bomb is actually incredibly fast, light, and has high jumps. When he gets hit he explodes though, which can damage enemies... AND yourself.
- Heavy is the direct opposite, he's totally invulnerable but his heaviness means you're more likely to be dragged around by him. Charmy is the lightest playable character so that's why he pairs incredibly well :p
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

A level with a highly probable Robotnik plant=okemojihandwhichembedswaytoobig

A level with a tiny little bee boy=

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Man, I am so glad you went with this multiple levels per day deal for this series. It's just so painfully boring and a visual mess on top of that. I remembered thinking it was close to okay back in the day, but nah, it's one of the worst ones you've played so far. Don't worry though, there are plenty of challengers on the way!
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Okay, so far we've had one boss that actually used the mechanics of the game in a meaningful way. Two if you count the weird midboss in Amazing Arena that looked like it wanted you to throw your partner. On the flipside, that boss (I think botanic base) looked like a mess that was hard to control, so I guess I know why it's the only one.

This game feels extremely like a tech demo that time crunch forced the team to ship as a game.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

charmy the bee flies instead of jumping, making him an awkward as all get out partner that can do some neat stuff ( see: the upwards glide ) but overall just ends up being annoying to manage because he just does not control like any other character, which is annoying when you're any other character and you're bound to charmy the bee

charmy the bee flies instead of jumping, making him a venerable god of death as a player character that can utterly obliterate every single level while ignoring almost every awkward bit of chaotix's partner system. absolutely nothing can stand in charmy the bee's way, much less eggman, who is utterly dominated when his opposition can ignore gravity to avoid his attacks and continuously ram into his weak point. charmy the bee does utterly gross things to chaotix, so gross that it could probably be made into a doujin. involving ntr, somehow
Piesonscreations

Knuckles Jr. in the flesh
Here comes the Hero Squad
*Blue Sphere theme plays*

Can't believe raocow unlocked Chrome Knuckles.
Also, I don't want to think of charmy bee ntr.
ImageImage
The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Post by The Hero Hartmut »

In Sonic the Comic (the UK-based Fleetway production), Charmy was always the Chaotix Crew member who ended up resolving whatever conflict they encountered. Not that this did anything for his standing with his colleagues, who all regarded him as an irritating annoyance that they just have to put up with.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

strongbadman wrote: 4 years ago This game feels extremely like a tech demo that time crunch forced the team to ship as a game.
More like "Guys, this bad idea for hardware is tanking, please save it"
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

strongbadman wrote: 4 years ago This game feels extremely like a tech demo that time crunch forced the team to ship as a game.
Interesting you say that
(...)former Sega of America CEO Tom Kalinske recalled in a July 2011 interview that Knuckles' Chaotix had been intended for release on the Genesis' successor, the Sega Saturn, as a mainline Sonic game. According to Kalinske, development moved to the 32X when it became clear that the game was not going to be ready for the Saturn in time, saying "it was too big, it was taking too long, it was over budgeted, it was behind schedule". Because Sega needed new 32X games, "the decision was made to cut it into parts and introduce it quickly on 32X".
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Leet

Post by Leet »

(raocow sees the bulky metal robot) Bomb (raocow sees the robot that is just a bomb with legs) Heavy
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

this game has such heavy style and such a unique mechanic to it, it's a shame it's just through and through Completely Mediocre And A Chore
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago (raocow sees the bulky metal robot) Bomb (raocow sees the robot that is just a bomb with legs) Heavy
*seeing the fox with two tails* knuckle
*seeing the bee* tail
i've honestly never played a video game in my life