(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: All Of Sh@d@w - SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2006) - Don't Touch It!

Post by Leet »

i think the writing in most video games is good. "most video games are bad and unsophisticated and theres only a few Advanced ones" really only seems true if people keep playing only the most popular ones, but talking on sheer quantity, those are like, a few games a year, which is not "most"
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Yeah, I don't buy Omega as written in any era willingly capturing and sealing Shadow.

Whether or not the feeling is mutual, Omega sees Shadow as a friend, something that is very rare for the guy.

Mephiles is lying through his non-existent teeth here.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I think that the writers are presuming that Omega can have a secret dormant order activated or re-programmed or whatever later on down the line with no issues or pushback from Omega himself, which doesn't square very well with him being an android with free will(and pretty explicitly a rogue android that does not follow orders)

so I don't think mephiles is lying, I just think this bit is poorly written. perhaps not thinking of Omega as a free willed creature bled over into the even-more-robotic-than-usual direction of the character in cutscenes, who knows.
Leet

Post by Leet »

I thought it was referring to how Omega's original purpose was to guard a sealed Shadow (in Heroes)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

I think one of the differences between 06 Omega and previous iterations, is that 06 here is more neutral, and less aggressive. In Heroes and Shadow, Omega had much more tension in his voice and went on about how other machines are INFERIOR CONSUMER MODELS and MUST BE DESTROYED. In 06 Omega just isn't as raw.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Typical Sh!Wave Ocean experience, imo. The hover part is ludicrously unclear as to what you have to do.

I assumed you could never get out of the vehicle (because you can't here). Took me a while to attempt it in Kingdom Valley when I started looking for Medals. Very strange. Also, we finally see just how jank the hovercraft is. Yay?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I like how no matter whoever is in Wave Ocean or where you are in the plot when you get there, the whole thing feels like filler. Tails, Blaze, Shadow, Omega, even Sonic. It just doesn't matter. Nothing happens there. I guess with Sonic, it makes more sense due to the fact that it's his first level, but every other return trip is completely pointless.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 2 years ago I like how no matter whoever is in Wave Ocean or where you are in the plot when you get there, the whole thing feels like filler. Tails, Blaze, Shadow, Omega, even Sonic. It just doesn't matter. Nothing happens there. I guess with Sonic, it makes more sense due to the fact that it's his first level, but every other return trip is completely pointless.
robot needs his tan
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

(timestamped)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

"the regularity at which I'm not playing sonic at a hundreds episode is pretty funny"

the good news is that's coming to an end pretty soon

the bad news is that's coming to an end pretty soon
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Miffed that they remembered the swing bars exist

The confidence with which raocow casually destroys enemies in mid-air over a pit with Omega is astounding. This could have gone much worse, but it didn't.

Still went pretty badly. All the pure platforming segments are j a n k in this level.

EDIT: forgot to mention that my first time around, I also missed the statue gimmick entirely
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

^ lol

Shadow doesn't have a huge punch n kick AOE; however, his auto-combo hitbox, for some reason* extends infinitely to the front in about a straight line following your homing attack trajectory.

I too have never quite understood how mad mode homing attack works and keep fucking up enemy chains when it's on.

Speaking of mad mode: you can keep pressing R2 to increase the mad level now that you've bought all the memory shards. It changes your chaos spear to deal damage or something. It's completely worthless imo.

Are you gonna take a look at hard mode stages, raocow?

*the reason is bad programming
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

In our first example of the anime bleeding into the games, the power limiter rings were established there.

Eventually Iizuka is going to mistake Sonic X for canon in not so many words, leading to the infamous Two Worlds canon I refuse to shut up about. :honk:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Paragraph wrote: 2 years ago Are you gonna take a look at hard mode stages, raocow?
please god no
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
helucard

Post by helucard »

Grounder wrote: 2 years ago In our first example of the anime bleeding into the games, the power limiter rings were established there.

Eventually Iizuka is going to mistake Sonic X for canon in not so many words, leading to the infamous Two Worlds canon I refuse to shut up about. :honk:
I gotta ask, what's your opinion of Ian Flynn saying "Forget about two worlds... I can't specify why, just, don't worry about it anymore."

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

There is nothing functionally different about the Hard Mode stages other than more enemies or different setups. It's not exactly Sonic Adventure 2 mission stuff here, so I hope not. Besides, it's the End of the World as we know it. Almost wonder if tonight's just going to be all the freaking cutscenes and then tomorrow's the actual gameplay or if he slogged through the whole thing in one day.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

mephiles returns in sonic adventure 3 voiced by richard epcar "drown in darkness submit submit submit"

guest starring his two other selves xephiles and xnorhedgehog, voiced by leomon and doc brown
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

helucard wrote: 2 years ago
Grounder wrote: 2 years ago In our first example of the anime bleeding into the games, the power limiter rings were established there.

I gotta ask, what's your opinion of Ian Flynn saying "Forget about two worlds... I can't specify why, just, don't worry about it anymore."

praying it's 100% dead for good
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Re: A World Without Color - SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2006) - Die

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Even though the game was met with much criticism, the soundtrack to Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was rather well received. Featured tracks included the surprising and all too brief return of Dreams Come True to the Sonic scene. Teaming up with R&B artist Akon, the group revisited SWEET SWEET SWEET, the melody of which had been used previously in the ending moments of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Insight into the development of the game's stories, as well as select concept art, were leaked to the Internet before the game released in the file "SONICNEXT_allscript" (one of three scripts, the others are for the ps3 and the unreleased wii version). As an internal document saved in XSL format, it was originally obtained by an anonymous UK tester who gave it to the Sonic fansite Sonic Cult, featuring interesting tidbits, such as how Princess Elise's original name was Princess Oliga (based on the Russian singer Origa).
Leet

Post by Leet »

bad document
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

I feel like a final level where you play through corrupted versions of previous levels would have had more impact if you didn't have to play through the game three times to get there.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

"I feel sonic's presence in the wind" - Princess Elise

Does this game foreshadow the Black Knight??
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Since raocow asked. There was an amusing visual glitch that lasted for a frame.