(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Wii) - Todokete

Post by Catabo »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year agoI actually found a Spaniard? made DOS Sonic fangame from 2000 while trying to research Larax and Zaco (an Italian DOS game that I memoryholed the name and the name alone until I found a video on YouTube). Granted it could also be the other way around?
I'm glad i stuck with the video for longer than the bog-standard Green Hill first level. That was something.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
Grounder

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Wii) - Todokete

Post by Grounder »

👻cum balloon👻
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago I'm glad i stuck with the video for longer than the bog-standard Green Hill first level. That was something.
that is specifically why i showed it, one of my fave amateur/indie dos games, still need to actually download it
Grounder wrote: 1 year ago 👻cum balloon👻
hrothgar make cum balloon (Image)
cozyduck wrote: 1 year ago pepenga pengo
yo dude you do not know how much i love japan exclusive megadrive games. i need to play more pengo, fun shit, haven't played it in decades (i spotted him dw)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
VGjoe

Post by VGjoe »

Individual Large Hill - 0
Downhill - 0

Skeleton - 0
Dream Alpine - 19
Downhill - 0

Individual Large Hill - 0
Speed Skating 500m - 0

Snowboard Cross - 0
Skeleton - 0
Speed Skating 500m - 0

Figure Skating - 0
Downhill - 0
Snowboard Cross - 0

Short Track 1000m - 0
Giant Slalom - 20
Dream Ski Jumping - 0

Speed Skating 500m - 0
Figure Skating - 0
Dream Snowball Fight - 0
Skeleton - 0

Short Track 1000m - 0
Giant Slalom - 0
Ice Hockey - 0

Ski Cross - 0
Curling - 0
Dream Gliding - 0
Figure Skating - 0

Moguls - 0
Snowboard Cross - 0
Dream Short Track - 14

Ski Cross - 0
Figure Skating - 0
Halfpipe - 0
Giant Slalom - 0

Ice Hockey - 0
Moguls - 0
Curling - 0
Ski Cross - 0

Halfpipe - 0
Dream Figure Skating - 0
Dream Snowboard Cross - 26

Ice Hockey - 0

Team Large Hill - 0
Bobsleigh - 0

Dream Figure Skating - 0
Dream Curling - 0

Dream Ice Hockey - 0
Dream Bobsleigh - 0
Dream Ski Cross - 0

Downhill - 0
Dream Snowboard Cross - 13
Figure Skating - 0

Ski Cross - 0
Downhill - 0
Snowboard Cross - 0
Dream Gliding - 0

Dream Short Track - 18
Downhill - 0
Speed Skating 500m - 0

Total Rings collected in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii): 110
Grounder

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (DS) - Setsuna sa ne wa

Post by Grounder »

eggman has his own gravitational field!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (DS) - Setsuna sa ne wa

Post by Grounder »

really, a juvenile turtle winning any kind of race would have been the bigger shock here
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Grounder wrote: 1 year ago really, a juvenile turtle winning any kind of race would have been the bigger shock here
I'm about to blow your mind because there's this real famous story I gotta tell you, and you're gonna love it, it's got a hare in it and everything
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

Hey raocow, who wrote "Richmond?"
The lyrics turned up nothing, and my searches turned up multiple songs with that name from that year alone.
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 1 year ago
Grounder wrote: 1 year ago really, a juvenile turtle winning any kind of race would have been the bigger shock here
I'm about to blow your mind because there's this real famous story I gotta tell you, and you're gonna love it, it's got a hare in it and everything
counterpoint:

falling asleep long enough to let a turtle get ahead of you should be considered an illegitimate loss
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

liam grundy
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

wii skiis - Cool and Good

ds skiis -
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

genuine semantic question: would using the toothbrush on a pair of dentures/fake teeth to trick it into progressing thru the game without a raocow mouth reveal count as "emulation" of the gameplay
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

alright since there are consequences for failure, just use the best character for the job

which would probably be anyone but sonic right now
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Wosha
Moff
First name: Melia
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Wosha »

Alright so I gave the ski jump minigame a shot myself and turns out it's not just raocow not gelling well with touch controls, it's just the minigame being super finicky. If you don't nail the jump part flawlessly, you just have no shot at getting a score in balancing at all.

I made a video on DraStic, hopefully the visual cues from me touching my phone screen can help a little bit.

Took me like 10 attempts to get a recording that was acceptable also, this stuff is just goodn't.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

well that's a bit of a relief :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

I wonder how much of this is just DS emulation not being good with touch controls? Like, even on a phone situation as described by Wosha, I doubt the screen is going to be tuned to whatever tactile sensitivity the DS screen was. Not to say that touch screen on the (3)DS was great...but then, that kind of drives my theory further, for the simple reason that emulation is not likely to capture that part of the functionality accurately at this time.

Just something to think about...
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Officially on the third post now!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago I wonder how much of this is just DS emulation not being good with touch controls? Like, even on a phone situation as described by Wosha, I doubt the screen is going to be tuned to whatever tactile sensitivity the DS screen was. Not to say that touch screen on the (3)DS was great...but then, that kind of drives my theory further, for the simple reason that emulation is not likely to capture that part of the functionality accurately at this time.

the tactile sensitivity on the ds screen is like "is something touching it"??? then its activating the screen thingy. the stylus is just a hunk of plastic.

i have a 3ds since like 2013, i can testify to this
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Wosha
Moff

Post by Wosha »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago I wonder how much of this is just DS emulation not being good with touch controls? Like, even on a phone situation as described by Wosha, I doubt the screen is going to be tuned to whatever tactile sensitivity the DS screen was. Not to say that touch screen on the (3)DS was great...but then, that kind of drives my theory further, for the simple reason that emulation is not likely to capture that part of the functionality accurately at this time.

There's realistically nothing to think about here, the DS and 3DS have resistive touch screens, which means that, as long as something gets in contact with it, it's recognized as an input without any kind of sensitivity involved. It's not like phones or tables that have capacitive screens and where pressure matters.
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

yeah, gotta remember, this was technology from 2004, and wasn't exactly trailblazing even then--Nintendo's philosophy has always been about applying older electronics in new ways.
(also holy fuck there are people of drinking age in parts of Eurasia who are younger than the ds oh god my back)
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

camwoodstock wrote: 1 year ago
genuine semantic question: would using the toothbrush on a pair of dentures/fake teeth to trick it into progressing thru the game without a raocow mouth reveal count as "emulation" of the gameplay
raocow would miss out on the sincere emotional experience of being congratulated by sonic for brushing his teeth. what kind of monster would suggest for raocow to PRETEND to brush his teeth and get undeserved praise from sonic for seven days in a row. count them. seven days of waking up and immediately lying to sonic the hedgehog.
Wosha
Moff

Post by Wosha »

Finally I can post one of my favourite out of context videogame screenshots of all times.
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

TiKi wrote: 1 year ago raocow would miss out on the sincere emotional experience of being congratulated by sonic for brushing his teeth. what kind of monster would suggest for raocow to PRETEND to brush his teeth and get undeserved praise from sonic for seven days in a row. count them. seven days of waking up and immediately lying to sonic the hedgehog.
what if he lied to sonic the hedgehog with a toblerone instead of dentures,
Wosha wrote: 1 year ago Finally I can post one of my favourite out of context videogame screenshots of all times.
&: Truly, a Classics of Image.
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner