(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: So A Fox, A Rabbit, & Knuckles Walk Into A Bar - Advance 2 - Neon Genesis Evangelion 2

Post by AUS »

other than tiny chao garden and its compatibility with the adventure games, the bosses are my favorite part of this game

so this video was hard
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: So A Fox, A Rabbit, & Knuckles Walk Into A Bar - Advance 2 - Neon Genesis Evangelion 2

Post by raocow »

I mean hey, we're all different people. it's alright if we think don't agree !
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
helucard

Post by helucard »

raocow's All the Sonics 443 vid description wrote: so what's the fandom's take on cream anyways. Like everyone like the classic trio, amy is a hard sell, originally nobody liked big but I feel he's a lot more accepted now, shadow was a smash success. what about the rabbit ?
I can't speak for the community at large as I've never been particularly involved in it.
However, I personally really like this little bunny, got a lot of guts for a kid. The IDW comics recently produced a rather grim atmosphere that she had to tough through, and despite having legitimate reason to be absolutely furious, she keeps her composure very well.

For specifics, IDW comic spoilers btw,

Cream's mother contracts the metal virus and turns into a robot, and then in a later edition, while standing next to Whisper, who's pointing a wisp-gun at Eggman, she gets in her way and talks her down from it, because despite knowing he's responsible, she understands that he's the only realistic way they can reverse it.

Clever kid.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

cream is kind of like easy mode, and therefore i love her
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

I love how

they basically did nothing to nerf Cream in Advance 3 except by making her only available if you clear Zone 6 Act 3 as Sonic, thus she's only available for THE LAST THREE LEVELS OF THE GAME + last two bosses.

Cream is hilarious with how well she can cheese (hurr) the bosses. They go down so fast it's like they're not there.

By the way, fun fact: the Leaf Forest boss, while called Egg Hammer Tank Mk.2, is TECHNICALLY Mk.3, with Sonic Advance 1's Egg Hammer Tank is technically Mk.2, since Sonic Pocket Adventure had an Egg Hammer Tank as its first boss, though it acted more like Sonic 2's first boss. Still was a hammer tank!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I know I'm late on this but my internet had been out for several days and I only just got it back-

I think the extreme lack of information on how or why Knuckles was tricked into fighting Sonic makes the whole thing hilarious.
helucard

Post by helucard »

AuraLancer wrote: I know I'm late on this but my internet had been out for several days and I only just got it back-

I think the extreme lack of information on how or why Knuckles was tricked into fighting Sonic makes the whole thing hilarious.
You know, even in Sonic 3 without any dialogue.... You start the game, and he's just like... uppercutting you out of super form, then runs off with the emeralds. Then later, he sees Eggman taking the master emerald, gets flung away and is like "Aight, we cool for now blue dude. Follow me." There's no "how" involved, but Eggman's reason being to keep him occupied while he snagged the master emerald is clearly obvious.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

knuckles, cheese, cream and tails all die and go to chao hell :partygator:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Wait I just realized, do we not have a way to play these? https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Cafe Cause we're past the point of them existing by now.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Someone was taking care of that for him, though I don't know what the status of that is.

It's my understanding a large number weren't preserved or otherwise un-emulatable.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I wonder if you're actually learning anything about these levels if all repetitions are just going to take you down the same paths

The 7-Ring-Run is gonna be fun~~
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

nope, not really :U
Nast

Post by Nast »

Man, can't wait for the triple boss rush
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Since you asked in one of the first two vids about Cream as a character in the series, I'm pretty much indifferent to her since she's almost always the easy mode/boss destroyer choice. Honestly think any problems I have with her are because of the voice direction she has in future games than anything gameplay-wise. Basically, the 2D gameplay characters are always going to win over the 3D ones for me since the games are (mostly) just more fun to play.
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago Wait I just realized, do we not have a way to play these? https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Cafe Cause we're past the point of them existing by now.
Most of the earlier games on there are either lost to time, or the versions that actually made it to the US are remakes of sorts. I gave raocow a big list of research I did on them and (hopefully) enough info for him to decide what different versions are worth considering a "later" release and what's just "We released it again with a new logo font" or "It's the exact same but in English" situations.

I do wonder if anyone in Japan has these backed up somewhere, or if they're even playable without someone doing major research on Japanese phone emulation. I swear someone got the data for the two Japan-only Mega Man Battle Network phone games, but those are RPGs with story, perhaps "Pet a 3D Chao" was not quite as high priority.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i understand why you're doing this this way but i have to say it's significantly less interesting to watch than watching full character playthroughs that go through all the levels

thankfully i don't think there will ever be any other opportunity to play a sonic game like this aga- SONIC HEROES GOD DAMMIT NO
(i don't think it's feasible to play sonic heroes this way though considering how long the levels in that game get)
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow

Post by raocow »

oh no yeah sonic heroes will basically have multiple full playthroughs. the levels slightly change too so it's technically justified.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

shadow the hedgehog i imagine you'll be going for "show all the levels once at least, maybe three endings"

which isn't 100% of course. 100% requires like 200 full playthroughs and you get nothing for doing it except it keeps track in a menu somewhere i think
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

You can "100%" all the content (and should) without naming every route. the route thing is getting in peoples way of thinking about this game
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

The Shadow thing is really silly, it's basically a meme at this point. The game is dumb and bad enough to make just seeing all the levels/endings a chore, it's a real (and obvious) joke to try and get all routes. It's like saying "uh-oh, Halo has an Achievement for getting 10.000 kills in multiplayer, guess I'll be here the next year!!!!!"
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Sonic Heroes is going to be fine, y'all. All the in-level dialogue is different for each team, so it'll feel fresh and new every time! :DDD

Also re: opinions on Cream: can't wait for sonic battle
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Paragraph wrote: 3 years ago The Shadow thing is really silly, it's basically a meme at this point.
to me the "definitive" Shadow playthrough is "do Expert mode"then "do the bosses" then "do Last Story".
although that does skip the horror of horrors that is

mad matrix dark mission

i guess it's not quite possible to do all missions in only 10 laps anyway though

raocow

Post by raocow »

oooh boy playing the late game three times in a session is a thing
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

(no actual spoilers, just talking about sonic battle which is a bit off topic)
Blivsey wrote: 3 years ago Also re: opinions on Cream: can't wait for sonic battle
god i love sonic battle. it's literally the only sonic game with a story that i take seriously. the gameplay is repetitive and shallow but the systems made it feel big and expansive for kid me. ooh i cant wait
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Nast

Post by Nast »

From recent experience (aka like two days ago) I'd say Ice Paradise Act

is a pretty easy stage to get the dagadons