(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Paragraph

Re: All the S@nics - Unleashed (PS360) - Moon Revenge

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 1 year ago Hey, those big guys with the clubs? They're the worst enemy in the game. There is one obtuse way to not get comboed with their jump attack spam, but I want to see if you can figure it out first. And yeah, this not America part of the game is very filler-y.
They're really bad tho tbh I hate the bees more, at least the big dudes you can hit. Unleash and clobber them down and then finish and they cannot do much. Until

there's two of them ofc

QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

Hey, who wrote "Skyscraper"?
I found a song or two from the time by somebody called Skyscraper, but nothing by that name from that year.
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

tiddey

the thing is I don't believe the song itself was from 2008 but was included in a compilation
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, it's not just the precision you need on those spiked balance beams, it's wondering when the camera will suddenly shift direction for you that makes moving on the collapsing ones so tough. Not very fun hot dog missions back in the day to do. Think I dreaded this stage because of that.

Also, you found out the secret of how to avoid getting comboed by that big dude on your victory run right at the end, so I can say it without the spoiler box. Just stay down. For whatever reason, the next shockwave won't hit you if you don't try getting up. If you mash that button out of impatience to get to your feet, you're guaranteed to get hit and probably go flying right off the building again. That's not a fun thing to deal with if you don't know the game mechanics, kind of like how you hold the button to grab ledges/poles at all times instead of trying to tap the button like most players would.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

this is a trick I learned while playing Furi!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Cool. Now if you can just get better at the QTE stuff, you'd be all set until the final stage!
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So a heads up regarding future flagship games: Lost World has Wii U-exclusive DLC. And it's very much Wii U-exclusive, since it's a couple Nintendo crossover zones. While you can certainly play the main game on Steam (along with the non-exclusive DLC that is a NiGHTS crossover), you will have to at least partially play it on emulator to cover the DLC there, at least based on the current scope of work.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

People are giving you shit for dying to boosting, but imo this is very much the intended experience and/or Just How It Goes - you blast through some of those straightaways and it's great, you go fast on the rails, you do get that ramp shortcut, and then you die because the level surprises you with a "don't don't boost here pls" zone. Levels in general are getting harder, so if you were going slow, you might have just died anyway to something you just boosted by, but it would have taken you twice as long and it wouldn't have been as much fun.

Dying to a bad boost is hilarious imo and then you can try to take another route. Sometimes you boost into what seems like oblivion and discover a speedrun shortcut, like today. It's cool to boost and just eat the deaths, whatever.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago So a heads up regarding future flagship games: Lost World has Wii U-exclusive DLC. And it's very much Wii U-exclusive, since it's a couple Nintendo crossover zones. While you can certainly play the main game on Steam (along with the non-exclusive DLC that is a NiGHTS crossover), you will have to at least partially play it on emulator to cover the DLC there, at least based on the current scope of work.
Nope, power of modding.

Will still have to do it for one of those dang Mario minigame fests, though.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Given that raocow has been a stickler for playing the game in its original form as much as possible, what makes you think he'll use this mod instead of playing the DLC on emulator?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

thatguyif wrote: 1 year ago
Given that raocow has been a stickler for playing the game in its original form as much as possible, what makes you think he'll use this mod instead of playing the DLC on emulator?
slightly less hassle to record
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow

Post by raocow »

yeah like I like to go as 'original' as possible but 'ease of recording' defeats all
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

102 orange mesas unjuiced.png
102 orange mesas unjuiced.png (178.64 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
YouTube is really craving orange juice for today's set of thumbnails.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
raocow

Post by raocow »

I'm embarassed to admit it took me a second to notice
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That one random room with wave after wave of wizards, bees, and the porcupine/groundhog dudes is literally just there as an experience grind, the one medal, and the extra life. No wonder that level took fifty minutes. Oy.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 1 year ago That one random room with wave after wave of wizards, bees, and the porcupine/groundhog dudes is literally just there as an experience grind, the one medal, and the extra life. No wonder that level took fifty minutes. Oy.
it's also there to make you realize that sometimes, the combat and the game are both Bad
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Maybe on the game being bad. I think it's more a case that they put the padding on the wrong element of the game. Anyhoo, a forgettable boss down. You could've pulled the boxes, too, but whatever. It's an afterthought and was more important to grab those medals anyway.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Apotos - 1 day stage, 1 night stage
Mazuri - 2 day stages, 1 night stage
Spagonia - 2 day stages
Holoska - 1 day stage
Chun-nan - 1 day stage, Done on the night stages - You did Act 2 for each half already.
Shamar - 1 day stage
Empire City - 1 day stage
Adabat - We'll cross that bridge when you get to finishing both main levels.

I don't know the medal requirements for every level and a couple are somewhat annoying to find, but there you go. There are not a lot of night stages left which is kind of a bummer since Sun Medals are the thing you need more of at this point. Still, the town hubs at night will probably get you close to that 120 mark for the Adabat main day stage.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

less werehog in my sonic is always a good thing
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i love the werehog's character design and i want to make a werehog sona once i level up at art and character design but jesus god fucking christ the werehog's gameplay is incredibly ass and tarnishes an otherwise solid game
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Feels like you get a break with the loop here other than the exploration vids.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I know it's not exciting, but I'm going to recommend maybe going for one more Life and Strength level up while on this grand tour. Combat's cool, but the other two stats mesh well with your playstyle! Especially since, yes, enemies do get stronger the further you go into the game as you pointed out during the missions tonight.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Bean wrote: 1 year ago I know it's not exciting, but I'm going to recommend maybe going for one more Life and Strength level up while on this grand tour. Combat's cool, but the other two stats mesh well with your playstyle! Especially since, yes, enemies do get stronger the further you go into the game as you pointed out during the missions tonight.
the move he unlocked today looks really goofy and is even quite strong but without checking the move list, no way it'll happen naturally

(it's triangle x4, then hammer square)
raocow

Post by raocow »

haha, jokes on you now I know how to do it anyways!!