(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2006) - It Sounds Like Being A Princess Isn't That Easy!

Post by Grounder »

"Kaizo Sonic" is an idea that SEGA apparently had. :monstrosity:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Re: All The S@nics - SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2006) - It Sounds Like Being A Princess Isn't That Easy!

Post by strongbadman »

I wamt to see shadow and silver's first levels before I commit to anything, but I think it would be fun to see at least all of Sonic's levels.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

late to commenting on the end of 06 (plotwise), but the facts that this game 1. is a reboot to the sonic franchise, and 2. overwrites its own plot, together mean that the plot of the sonic series as of sonic 06 is:

Sonic the Hedgehog runs by a festival once.

that's everything that has ever happened in sonic history

also dang they really didn't know what to do with the terrifying new weapon of dlc, did they. not even any reskins! everyone loves reskins. i wanna play as green knuckles
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

not sure where this "re boot" idea is coming from
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Leet wrote: 2 years ago not sure where this "re boot" idea is coming from
the title

Anyway I managed to get the DLC running, thanks mysterious benefactor whomst've I will not name so they don't get begged endlessly!!! I'll play all this shit and then watch the videos! Can't believe there's unspoiled 06 Content to enjoy, what a world
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i didn't know the title of the game was Sonic the Hedgehog: The One Where Nothing Previous Ever Happened, but that does supersede events of previous games (shadow working for gun, omega being made to restrain him, blaze's fate) being mentioned...
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I was being pithy; I don't necessarily agree that the game is supposed to be a continuity reboot, though I am not versed in Sonic Lore at all. But I think most of where the idea is coming from is because it's Sonic The Hedgehog No Subtitle. It's definitely meant to be the start of a new era. If it was supposed to literally be "nothing happened before" or just "we're in HD now!" is impossible to tell now, because the game failed.

Consider the Tomb Raider [no subtitle] reboot from 2013: that got two sequels and it's what Tomb Raider is now, it's a new continuity. If it had failed, maybe they'd have tried again or only done weird sidegames or made the next one Tomb Raider 7: Apologies for Angel of Darkness, who knows.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Paragraph wrote: 2 years agoAnyway I managed to get the DLC running, thanks mysterious benefactor whomst've I will not name so they don't get begged endlessly!!!
i have my doubts
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

The question is how many people are REALLY
a) capable of running Xenia in the first place
b) jonesying extremely hard to try Sonic 06 out
c) not only that, but after they did it, are insane enough to also want to play the DLC
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Hey, raocow. You actually got a recommendation in this thread for all the stuff you've done over the years. They also appreciate your open mind approach to the way you've been going through the Sonic games. Have to say that I agree with them.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-p ... t-70707429
helucard

Post by helucard »

ooooh.... On the note of doing very hard mode, I'd like to ask our talkhaus mods...
Would now be a good time to say:
Wave Ocean is probably the level that got the most of a repolish for VHard Mode? And the rest don't come nearly as close? Like, there's definitely changes here and there, but out of ones that actually feel substantial? ... Further spoiler.
-- Dusty Desert is Elise-less with a few geometry changes. It's ultimately the same level but no shield and a few more hazards.
-- White Acropolis is basically White Acropolis Take 2.
-- Crisis City has a longer and more stressful debris ride segment, and some more carnage going on in its final segment.
-- Flame Core switched its areas order.
-- Radical Train is Radical Train Take 2.
-- Tropical Jungle is "hey, remember those springy vines? What if we chained them together" as well as actually pretty interesting and substantial changes with using the turtles in the second half followed by probably the scariest enemy encounter this game is capable of delivering right at the end.
-- Kingdom Valley gets a couple of interesting Wind Rail setups particularly near the end of the 3rd segment... but is otherwise just Kingdom Valley Take 2. In fact the mach speed segment there feels EASIER...
-- Aquatic Base has... more lasers, making for a scarier Giant Bubble segment and a few cool patterns in corridors. There's also a vertical bubble section.

Is it worthwhile? Or should rao be at least made aware that Wave Ocean is not a good indicator for the amount of differences he'll see here? That's for the mods to decide, I'm just... yeah.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
moogy

Post by moogy »

The part in Wave Ocean Very Hard that gave raocow so much trouble slows down on real hardware, letting Sonic get well ahead of the whales. raocow's difficulties seem to have stemmed mostly from emulation.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

dang it it's donkey kong 64 all over again
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

May I make a suggestion? When you get to the super hard mode, can you do the stories in reverse order (EG Shadow, Silver, then end with Sonic)? My reasoning is that I feel like sonic will be the most interesting.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Two things to keep in mind for Silver to maybe make your future endeavours a little easier:
- you can lift yourself up when standing on boxes; it was required (unless I missed a hidden spring?) exactly once before, so the game might expect it. You could have skipped a kill segment with this trick
- you don't have to keep holding R2 on ground targets for telekinesis. Just push it once and start dodgin' if you're under fire. Note: does not apply for steel bars, lily pads etc., just for platforms that get lifted up

Anyway, great job as usual. This level IS pretty similar to the original, but there's one big difference: Blaze's erasure seems to have stuck, so Silver now has to play through her section as well.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

imo, this level is easily the best Shadow level we've seen so far, and is another testament of how this game could have been really good. Let's count the improvements of the usual fare:
- only a single LOADING transition separating a clear Act 1 and Act 2; there's even extra content connecting parts that were never connected before! The level ends up much more coherent as a result
- the snowball section is much more playable than with Sonic (big duh considering the snowboard physics), but also Shadow is way easier to control here than Blaze is
- there's a lot more enemy setups where you can wipe out the entire group by identifying and taking out the leader. Mostly that's the invisible enemies, making them have a lot more reason to exist: you're rewarded for spotting them in the first place, and then prioritizing them
- Rouge gets a LOT to do instead of just existing to float over a single pit, and the key collecting is used to its fullest
- no idea if that's just my imagination, but exploding the horizontal ice covering the ditches in the searchlight part is much easier here than in the normal version
- all three members contribute
- as raocow mentioned, the final vehicle section is ALSO a lot more coherent, guides you way better, and feels far better to play just from how it's set up

And some random comments:
- the song has always been in the first "Act", it's just much shorter usually (just skateboarding for Sonic/Blaze's anemic part/Shadow until he warps away to the Rouge part directly). I really like it
- you did play the opening exactly like this as Shadow, you just forgot. Because Blaze plays the exact same thing? Because it's just a repeat of Sonic's snowboarding section?
- interestingly, the Hard Mode version does already feature key collection (albeit only once). It also has the rude 1Up in the pit
- you do actually have to destroy the searchlights to make one key spawn for each set
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Interesting enough. Felt more like the old school kind of hard mode Sonic stage where there are more enemies yet with some slight level changes.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Dreamcast Adventure DLC - Holly Jolly Secrets Pt. 1

Post by Grounder »

It just won't stay dead! :rao:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Re: All The S@nics - Dreamcast Adventure DLC - Islands Part 5: Hide and Seek

Post by Catabo »

"These cards can be used nationwide"

HEDGEHOG FACT: did you know? The societal construct of the nation-state exists within the Sonic world! Yes, we've seen at least the United Federation and Soleanna as different countries, but this is the real juicy information that allows us the presumption that Soleanna actually exercises sovereignty and is not a mere province of the UF (although they do at least seem to have a treaty that allows GUN to operate freely within Soleanna's borders). The next question that this really leads us to is Angel Island, which I don't believe ever gets high enough in the sky to be protected by common-heritage-of-mankind treaties as an object in space. Does Knuckles claim sovereignty over it? Is he considered an interim president because he merely protects the emeralds? Is it a theocracy that considers Chaos its leader? I'm pretty sure we haven't even had the first appearance of [ispoiler]the Eggman Empire[/ispoiler] (yes, Eggman's already tried to take over the world but not yet as the named political entity, unless you count Eggmanland which sounds more like a theme park than a country) and already the political landscape of this world is an enigma that defies all analysis...ADDITIONALLY, we must consider the situation of the trains in Station Square, because someone's got to keep them running on time and it's actually part of the plot that the station workers go on strike at one point. How powerful is the labour movement of Station Square? Does this hint at a workers' revolution in an autonomous city-state, or does the UF have jurisdiction here? Since this particular movement never comes up again, to my knowledge, was GUN sent in to put them down? Because we never see GUN in Sonic Adventure 1, I can only assume they are exempt from the treaty that the UF and Soleanna are party to. Too many questions, not enough answers... The speculation is endless! Moreover...

Shout-out to the transition at ~2:40 for seamlessly blending together the screaming in the music!
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
TiKi

Re: All The S@nics - Dreamcast Adventure DLC - Islands Part 5: Hide and Seek

Post by TiKi »

the plot thickens when you realize that this precedes sonic adventure 2 and sonic 06 meaning that this is the first mention of geopolitics unless you count the colonialism seen in tails' adventure

speaking of which like... do you ever wonder how flickies feel? they're smart enough to talk in tails' adventure, right? the same game with humanoid birds? are they jealous of the humanoid animals for getting to build an argicultural/technological society, or, like cats and dolphins, are they laughing at us this whole time for our fruitless application of hylist ideals to try and derive a meaning from existence?
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Dreamcast Adventure DLC - Diamonds And Lemons

Post by Grounder »

which brings us to today's sponsor: raid shadow the hedgehog legends
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

"Telecom companies are going to be forever, and eventually take over the universe."
You can tell raocow's Canadian; this one sentence sums up the country's national conscious.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

Oh, wow. With tonight's video, the labour movement in Station Square has a lot more context. The capitalism, it's everywhere!

The only safe place? The sovereign nation of Angel Island. No one knew why President Knuckles was so preoccupied with legislation to regulate advertising until that fateful day...
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
konaa
ultimate poser

Post by konaa »

raocow's mention of sonic riders today made my brain sizzle:

raocow being forced to use a kinect to play sonic free riders like 2 years from now
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: All The S@nics - Dreamcast Adventure DLC - Holly Jolly Secrets Pt. 2

Post by Crow »

I think that game is on the official "can't be played" list unfortunately
i've honestly never played a video game in my life