(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: All the S@nics - Unleashed (Mobile) - Three Wolves Howling At The Moon T-Shirt But Sonic's There Doing Yoga, Too

Post by Grounder »

i'll come up with a thread title and update the op later today
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Wii) - Todokete

Post by Bean »

A part of me wishes you'll be able to get that timing down right with your setup before the real deal, but that would involve more practice which I know ain't happening. Good luck anyway. Other than that, yeah, the way they do the events here compared to the previous title is smarter. Throw it all in one mode and play them all!
Grounder

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Wii) - Todokete

Post by Grounder »

Yes, this is when the games stop being quite as haphazard, though still misguided from basic premise.

The DS version has a straight-up story mode!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

im putting grounder in the waste bin for using todokete in the year of our luigi 2023
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

That was some real fast foreshadowing.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

what the fuck is sega world sydney even. everything surrounding that entire theme park is an absolute cryptid. i love it so much

looking forward to updating mame
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year ago what the fuck is sega world sydney even. everything surrounding that entire theme park is an absolute cryptid. i love it so much
official sally acorn mascot suit
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 1 year ago official sally acorn mascot suit
im not the biggest fan of sally acorn's original designs because she looks way too much like some 40 year olds fursona (no offense to the cool gen x furries) but it's this bizarre understanding of the relationship of canon and extra-canon that attracts me to weird shit like this

japanese canon for life btw
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year ago japanese canon for life btw
fleetway represent
TiKi

Re: All the S@nics - Unleashed (Mobile) - Three Wolves Howling At The Moon T-Shirt But Sonic's There Doing Yoga, Too

Post by TiKi »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago This is incredible for a tie-in mobile game. In 2009!, they're still getting mileage out of what i assume are the Sonic Advance sprites used as a base for these ones. Were people already putting their Sonic OCs on sprite sheets by this time? The idea of these assets still being officially used so long after the GBA is mind-boggling.
Don't quote me but I heard that the sprites for the Mega Man 2 iPod port (like, the one from 2009 or so?) were taken from Sprites Inc.
camwoodstock wrote: 1 year ago
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 1 year ago
Catabo wrote: 1 year ago Were people already putting their Sonic OCs on sprite sheets by this time?
people were doing that in 2003, if not earlier yet still! RIP fireball20xl.
oh people have been putting sprites onto things for a loooong time. bob and george began on april 1st, 2000 and in specific, the specific debuts of the sprite incarnations of the titular characters began on (insert roughly 5 minutes to represent us flipping through the early parts of the bob and george archives, we don't recommend that) november 30th, 2000. unless you count the sprite representation of the comic's author, then that was a bit earlier on (insert another minute) may 1st, 2000. unless you just count having a sprite comic at all as basically being fair game, then april 1st 2000 it is.

we do kind of doubt bob and george being the first instance of "sprite comic containing fan characters" but it was definitely the one that codified that as being a huge thing and a valid subgenre of webcomic.

anyways, uh. sonic unleashed on mobile
The first Mega Man 7 OC edit I can find is from... 1999. And she's in a fuckin' full-fledged game, too! Programmed from scratch, even!

Also, two 1991 dollars per ride? Oh honey nooo
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

imagine losing to wario in a race

imagine losing to wario in a race where sonic the hedgehog got first place

imagine being metal sonic losing to wario and you both lost to sonic
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

I love how the CPU made the most feminine team possible:
olympics.png
olympics.png (26.55 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

found it

(not on YouTube, but still)
and yeah, i know bandcamp says 2010, but discogs says 2009
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm catching up on this, and I'm still surprised that you skip the instructions for those Dream Events. It makes for an entertaining vid, just not for the right reasons. Ha-ha.

Also used this chance to edit and add in the last week's worth of vids or so to the list here. Got your back there, Grounder!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

err, thanks
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

can't believe nobody talks about that time chaos interrupted the 2010 winter olympics skating by emerging from the rink and immediately froze over but still kept attacking the athletes. like nobody on wikipedia even mentions it. it's a little fucked
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It's probably not the first time this has happened, but I'm amused by the fact that tonight's thumbnail has zero Sonic characters in it.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

Hey raocow, who wrote "Hockey?"
All my searches turned up the band Hockey, when they turned up anything at all.
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the haddonfields
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

Can't believe Bowser died in the 15th day of the Olympics and had to be revived by a necromancer.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

yeah, aside from the verbotten rpgs, mario doesn't have much story to ice skate to

pulling from the bob hoskins movie would have been hilarious, though
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and that's the last of anything chronicles in the games

kinda

i'll extrapolate when it finally becomes relevant
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

Always important to remember Sonic Eats a Hamburger when you're getting the other events out of the way in preparation for Olympic competitive burger-eating.

... What do you mean, there's no competitive burger-eating?!?! The President will hear of this... (this is from Shadow's point of view; GUN sent him on a "mission" to compete in the Olympics to keep him busy during peacetime)
TiKi wrote: 1 year agoThe first Mega Man 7 OC edit I can find is from... 1999. And she's in a fuckin' full-fledged game, too! Programmed from scratch, even!
I haven't been reading this thread because i haven't been watching much Sonic lately, but holy crap, i just noticed this is a DOS game. That is truly incredible. And the whole video's an experience, from the innocence of the game to the weird watermark with way too much effort put into it covering up the game's text. Thank you for sharing.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Catabo wrote: 1 year ago
TiKi wrote: 1 year agoThe first Mega Man 7 OC edit I can find is from... 1999. And she's in a fuckin' full-fledged game, too! Programmed from scratch, even!
I haven't been reading this thread because i haven't been watching much Sonic lately, but holy crap, i just noticed this is a DOS game. That is truly incredible. And the whole video's an experience, from the innocence of the game to the weird watermark with way too much effort put into it covering up the game's text. Thank you for sharing.
I actually found a Spaniard? made DOS Sonic fangame from 2000 while trying to research Larax and Zaco (an Italian DOS game that I memoryholed the name and the name alone until I found a video on YouTube). Granted it could also be the other way around?

Image Image