(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Shuffle Eats Mario & Savant - Can't Wake Up

Post by Grounder »

This is the wrong room.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S@nics - Shuffle Eats Mario & Savant - you (can't) wake up

Post by Awoo »

>low-key
>1 hour 18+ minute running time

Yeah maybe later. In the meantime imma sleep.

Je fais qu'est ce que je veux.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

OH YEAH
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

My thoughts on some of these minigames, spoilered for a bit of length:
In SonicCola, I always had the strat of taking the far left soda, with the logic that robonik couldn't reach that far. It worked about 80% of the time!

Psychic Sonic is...possible! I don't know how to play to be honest. I can never tell what card it is, I just don't see it. But my brother was amazing at it, somehow, and always got the right card quickly. The money you earn per card increases as you combo and get some right in a row, so he made a KILLING if that game showed up. I'm talking it wouldn't be out of the ordinay for him to earn like 150 rings. Had to just pray that game didn't show up when we played...

Egg and the Chicken is definately game you can learn to a degree. Not 100%, the bomb can surprise anyone, but often is more predicatable than it seems.

Fun fun sonic is INSANELY profitable if you aim for the trampolines that are near red anyway. You made 53 going in a row--if you only went for ones that were yellow or later, you's make a fortune.

Over the rainbow I was GOOD at. Unfortunately, so was my brother. So many times the two of us would spend literal mintues jumping there while our other friends just had to wait. Good times.

Number jump is weird. Just press A at a nice rhythm and you win. You're meant to wait until there's a open panel with the next number, but there usually just...is. So, no real challenge.

Tractor Beam Tag seems random regarding who gets kicked out. I'm not sure if it is, but I don't like that game cause of it.

On Bomb Relay you can totally aim for the red HEY, the timing is always the same, so it's not a reaction thing, just a timing thing.

Manic Maze is kinda possible to lose if you're playing against humans who are good, but if you take advantage of the ball you can usually be fine, it's true.

Sonic DJ is the best, when you're the guy. Don't overheat and you make BANK. You made +2, but I counted--you lost 100 that whole time. If you went a bit slower, you might not have made a full 102, but that's not an unreasonable score for that game at all.
VGjoe

Post by VGjoe »

Emerald Coast - 23
Emerald Coast: tiredcow edition - 462

Fire Bird - 81

Nature Zone - 76

Riot Train - 257

Fourth Dimension Space - 219

Minigame/event session
Sonic Slot - 0
Sonic Darts - 0
Sonic Hi Lo - 0

Thru the Tunnel - 25
Ring Lasso - 29
Rapid Climb - 46
Sky Bridge - 3
Croc-Attack - 20
Ring of Fire - 32
Sonic Parasol - 63
Ring Tide - 54
Final Frontier - 67

Void Battle - 77
Stop the Train - 46
Sky Diving - 53
Earth Quake - 32
Sonic Surfing - 0

Sonicola - 20
Stop and Go - 0
Over the Bridge - 0
Sonic Gun Slinger - 34
Sonic Live - 34
Psychic Sonic - 10
Sonic Tag - 0
Shadow Tag - 18
Frosty Rumble - 46
Great Escape - 10
Egg & the Chicken - 0
Sonic Tank - 50
Fun Fun Sonic - 73
Jump the Snake - 30
Zero G Snap Shot - 0
Thor's Hammer - 0
Over the Rainbow - 0
Twister - 46
Number Jump - 0
Egg in Space - 0
Tractor Beam Tag - 24

Sonic the Thief - 0
Shoddy Work - 20
Bucket-o-Rings - 19
Bomb Relay - 20

Wrong Way Climb - 30
Bungee Jump - 5
Manic Maze - 15
Sonicooking - 15
Gargantua - 0
Eggbot's Attack! - 30
Sonic DJ - 2

Total Rings collected in Sonic Shuffle: 2206
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

As much as I love Mike Pollock as Eggman, the Eggman in Sonic Shuffle sounds like he's been possessed by Satan himself with that "OH YEAH?!" voice clip.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Okay. You know what, you win, raocow. I will not finish an episode of all the sonics. You have bested me
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

My best guess for the lily pad game being called Over the Rainbow is Kermit the Frog sings about rainbows i guess? I don't know, but Kermit would probably make a good Sonic character.

Some of these mini-games seem to be hampered by wonky hitboxes, which is probably hard to avoid when you have to program interactions for so many different games in the time crunch of doing one game. It also appears to be exacerbated by the computer reacting to where the hitbox is actually programmed and not to the visuals, like some of the tag games where it is frustratingly easy for the computer to make contact while you do what looks like the same thing to no avail.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Since raocow has commented a couple of times about the voice acting in the Dreamcast games, I'm just going to throw out this thing that I read online a while back, and cannot actually provide a source for (so take with a couple of grains of salt, but it makes sense considering Sega's general situation at the time):

Apparently Sega of America couldn't really, like, afford an ADR director for their English dubs during the Dreamcast days? What I read was essentially that the English voice actors for Sega games at the time were just put into a recording booth with their lines and told to read them without really being given any direction or context as to what was actually happening in a given scene.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 4 years ago Since raocow has commented a couple of times about the voice acting in the Dreamcast games, I'm just going to throw out this thing that I read online a while back, and cannot actually provide a source for (so take with a couple of grains of salt, but it makes sense considering Sega's general situation at the time):

Apparently Sega of America couldn't really, like, afford an ADR director for their English dubs during the Dreamcast days? What I read was essentially that the English voice actors for Sega games at the time were just put into a recording booth with their lines and told to read them without really being given any direction or context as to what was actually happening in a given scene.
I'm pretty sure this is how we got "Watch out! You're gonna crash! Ahh!"
Grounder

Re: All The E.G.G.M.E.N. - Adventure 2 - HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT, OBAMA?!

Post by Grounder »

The story begins
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Aw yeah, it's my favourite Sonic game, here at last! Also, for a while I thought this was my first sonic game, but then when raocow played Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Sonic R, I remembered that I had played those when I was really young. However this is the first Sonic game that I put real effort into playing. I've also played this game several times, to the point that even though it has been a long time since I last played it I still remember things really well. Anyway, I could probably say a lot more here, but as raocow said this will last a while, so I'll just hold onto my can of hot dogs and wait for the next video.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

after replaying it just last month i might call this my favorite sonic game as well
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

*looks at thread title*

Why you got hot sauce on your head, cuz? What's wrong?
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

This is by most accounts the best story in the series, and of course I can attribute this to its true embrace of the storytelling of the turn of the millennium. Government coverups! Secret military weapons! Religious names! Shadow literally just fought a Metal Gear!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

After the release of the first Sonic Adventure, many fans assumed that, with a fancy new redesign for the cast and an incredible leap into the 3D world, a sequel was well on its way to production. While they would turn out to be right, there were some major surprises in store on the road to Sonic Adventure 2.

During production, a portion of Sonic Team, led by the director of Sonic Adventure, Takashi Iizuka, flew to the United States and set up shop in Sega of America's home base, San Francisco, California. Standing in the city that housed the ashes of the once thriving Sega Technical Institute, they took the name "Sonic Team USA," and got to work localizing Sonic Adventure for its USA debut, mostly by cleaning up a massive amount of bugs and fixing some animation errors.

What many didn't realize at the time, however, was that this split in the ranks of Sonic Team was done mostly to keep Yuji Naka pacified, letting him and his handpicked team work on new projects like the soon-to-be-famous Phantasy Star Online while the American-based team could focus on all things Sonic. Indeed, after the launch of the Dreamcast in the west and the release of Sonic Adventure International to Japanese gamers, Sonic Team USA got to work on their big project, Sonic Adventure 2.

Fun Level Fact!

Big the Cat is hidden in Iron Gate! He's hanging on the wall below the bridge leading to the Level 2 Door.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Blivsey wrote: *looks at thread title*

I was about to ask the same thing

I think he's part of that duder's personality cult, since he's mentioned him a couple times in previous parts of the thread :P
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

One option would be to alternate between the two stories. Play one episode of Team Villain, then one episode of Team Sonic.

Also. Image runs on Diesel.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

if anyone who's seen the whole game doesn't know what's up with the "scene not a lot of people see because they start with hero" that raocow mentioned:
the hero and dark stories both have an fmv "promotional video" for the other that plays following the story's credits, but the second story you beat will always end with a video for the final story instead, so most people miss the video for the hero story because they beat the hero story first
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Zummorr wrote: 4 years ago One option would be to alternate between the two stories. Play one episode of Team Villain, then one episode of Team Sonic.
Part of me feels like this would be the best option because you get to see the levels and story beats in parallel, and then part of me feels like it wouldn't be because you'd end up seeing a lot of the same shit twice. I dunno
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

My First Sponic Gaem was probably either this - the GC port - or Sonic Advance, I don't actually remember, but the fact this was one of my first means I didn't know how much of a tonal shift it represented from the previous games. I mean there are kind of hints of it in the Chao-based Massacre of the Innocents in SA1, but not nearly to the same degree.

And yes, Shadow's hover shoes are the best thing about this game. Which, despite obvious flaws, is still pretty good. The hover shoes just rule that much.
moogy

Post by moogy »

SA2 is a legitimately great game and easily my favorite game in the Sonic series. The level design is surprisingly tight across the board (especially compared to SA1), and the score/ranking system encourages mastery in an organic way. The soundtrack is also incredible from beginning to end; it's even more impressive if you consider that the game came out in 2001, when live/vocal music in games was still in its infancy.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of the Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge stages in this game, but I think they're rewarding if you put in the time to learn them and go for the A ranks. In general, I'd say getting all of the A ranks is actually a pretty worthwhile endeavor, since the game is just fun in general. 180 emblems is a bit more suspect though since it requires a bunch of Chao breeding nonsense and I was never a fan of that.

Note that getting 180 emblems actually does unlock unique content, so if raocow really wants to show off absolutely everything in the game we will be here for a while.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

thatguyif wrote: 4 years ago

I think he's part of that duder's personality cult, since he's mentioned him a couple times in previous parts of the thread :P
It's a reference to a meme.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/c ... _emeralds/
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 4 years ago

sonic adventure 2 real-time fandub
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 4 years ago

sonic adventure 2 real-time fandub
Specifically "Dr. Eggman has an Announcement to Make".
Extremely explicit language, spoilers for SA2:

There's also a high-quality audio version.