(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Half The Chaotix - Friends Are There (I Don't Care) (4/5)

Post by raocow »

Grounder wrote: 3 years ago
i understand not trusting your own safe return, though
basically exactly that
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

BEE BEE BEE

CHARMY BEE
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I like how you can get so many rings with Team Chaotix's team blast that the icons go off screen. One time I even got so many that some of them appeared over top of the other ones. Anyway, this enemy gauntlet actually has a unique segment where you use a cannon to play some Space Invaders. I ended up dying here after only two people got in the cannon one time for some reason, resulting in me firing myself into the pit. After that I decided to see if you could cheese it by just flying over the pit as Charmy and using thunder shoot. You can, and it's way faster than the intended way, which resulted in me getting the A rank really easily.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Apropos of nothing but I wanted to thank you for reminding me that The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing exists

One of my closer internet acquaintances* made a StepMania simfile for that song back in my StepMania heyday and it was a lot of fun but I probably haven't thought about that song since roughly 2006 (how appropriate for an All the Sonics thread)

The trip down Memory Lane was genuinely appreciated

*This acquaintance once told another forum user to "Go staple your face to a bus" and for some reason that insult has stuck with me to this day; certainly I think about it with far more frequency than any Joe Satriani song title
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

The development of Sonic Heroes almost managed to kill a man. This unfortunate soul was director Takashi Iizuka himself, who would later call Sonic Heroes 'the most stressful project of his career'.

The entirety of Sonic Heroes level design was handled by only two people on the team, one designer, and Iizuka himself. That designer fell ill only partway through production, and for reasons no one at SEGA could ever explain, no one was hired on to replace them. This meant that Iizuka, in addition to directing a team that had key members split between Japan and America, did all level design by himself.

Combined with extreme mismanagement by SEGA, this forced so much additional work onto him that Iizuka was unable to sleep or eat properly for about three months, to the point that he lost 22 pounds, and in his own mind, was on the verge of dying before the game shipped.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

man, team chaotix is competent for being comedic relief

not that heroes is very serious itself, but still
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 3 years ago Fun Sonic Facts!

The development of Sonic Heroes almost managed to kill a man. This unfortunate soul was director Takashi Iizuka himself, who would later call Sonic Heroes 'the most stressful project of his career'.
wow. you would think Sega would have learned after the disaster that was X-Treme's development cycle but. wow. is there a mainline Sonic game that didn't go through development hell by this point?
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

I don't know why, of all the good quotable things in this game, only two things have really stuck themselves in my head all these years, both uttered by a bee. My head will never let me forget "You mean potato chips?" and "Armada! Armada!" And now we've heard both.

I guess there's one more line that's in my head forever, but we won't get to that one for quite some time. A certain evil robot that's totally still a spoiler says it, in passing, during one attack.

Anyways, I never quite understood this mission. Why can't you be detected? Chaotix's precence on the ship was noticed and mentioned in the opening cutscene, so it's not like they're sneaking aboard...
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I don't know how raocow never got noticed by the enemies when he got hit. In my experience with this mission type in the second mission of earlier levels getting hit would typically result in instant failure. I guess maybe they wanted to make this one easy because its part of the main story. Or maybe raocow just plain got lucky. The second mission doesn't make things much harder; it gives you a 6 minute time limit, but as long as you don't take your time it's easy to finish with plenty of time to spare.

One thing that wasn't shown in the video that I find a bit interesting is that there's a capsule to charge your team blast right at the end of the stage, clearly intended to use against that last enemy, and there's even a bit of a puzzle to get it (well as much of a puzzle you can have in this game anyway; it's basically just "find the hidden switch" with extra steps). Inside the metal boxes on one of the corners of the platform is a switch that opens a container inside the gigantic cannon containing the team blast capsule. This is all well and good, except that if you get through the stage without dying you'll probably have your team blast already charged at this point, rendering this entire setup pointless.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

"Is this Eggman's armada?"

WAS THIS PLACE UNDERWATER?

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

T-A-C wrote: 3 years ago
Heavy Sigh wrote: 3 years ago Fun Sonic Facts!

wow. you would think Sega would have learned after the disaster that was X-Treme's development cycle but. wow. is there a mainline Sonic game that didn't go through development hell by this point?
everything good about sonic seems to be in spite of sega and not because of it
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

well

this is going to be the most awkward cleanup episode to date in a couple weeks
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

After some levels that require you to find all the things it seems strange to go back to a level where you only need to find half of the things, but that's exactly what happens here. Although some of the last few keys seem to be the kind that if you mess up you have to go through the entire stage again for another chance, so it's probably a good thing you only need half of them for the first mission. Also, if you do have to go through the stage again you'll find that the falling platforms don't come back, although fortunately it seems like you can make it through without them.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Yeah I remember the extra mission for this level being brutal too
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I took a bit longer than raocow to beat this boss (I probably could have beaten it faster if I just used flight formation, but when else am I going to have a chance to have a crocodile throw his friends at a giant robot?), and I had a really close call when leaving the second arena area, where I went on the ramp a bit too quickly and almost flew right into the boss. Right after that I finished it off with a team blast while standing right under it, and discovered that you can be damaged by the boss during its defeat animation. Fortunately I had rings, because I would not be surprised if the game made you start the fight over if you died in such a scenario.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Once upon a time, you could be a bad guy
And you'd live to see another day
But now you'd never manage
Boy, you'd be brain damaged
Just to think that you could get away

The power has arrived in a dream team
A force where one and one makes three
And when the trail's gone cold
And the lies have been told
This crew will find what you can't see

Yeah, danger hides when the hyper bee flies
And the ninja stars fly too
The muscle is Vector, the karma collector
And he's sworn to fight for you

Team Chaotix!
They're detectives you want on your side
Team Chaotix!
Their directive's tracking down your crime
Come along for the ride
Truth can run but not hide for long
The game is on now

Remember when stealin' used to be a good deal
And the crooked life would always pay
Well, now that the team's in town that's all gone underground
But it's a worry to this very day

A challenge has been issued by the Eggman
This mission's going to need them all
And though his hopes grow thin and the outlook is grim
These three are going to heed his call

Yeah, Charmy's thing is dishing out first sting
And the green one cheers them on
Espio is clearly ready to go
Run down who'd do you wrong

Team Chaotix!
They're detectives you want on your side
Team Chaotix!
Their directive's tracking down your crime

Come along for the ride
(Team Chaotix!)
Truth can run but not hide for long
The game is on

Team Chaotix!
Sonic Heroes, what your problem needs
Team Chaotix!
Watch those three go make the outlaws bleed
There's no way you can win (Team Chaotix!)
If it's trouble you're in
They're gonna kick your [GONG NOISE]!

Team Chaotix!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

Regarding Mission Mode, I think it's worth at least doing the Chaotix ones when they add an additional requirement beyond "collect all of the things instead of half of them". So, for instance, I'm pretty sure that while Seaside Hill is simply finding all of the hidden hermit crabs, Ocean Palace becomes a stealth mission to reach the Chao without getting caught.

Out of curiosity, does anybody have a save file to send raocow that already has Super Hard Mode unlocked? That could be worth a play-through as long as we're not waiting for raocow to 100% Mission Mode in order to unlock it. (Plus at that point, we could probably go with Zone-length videos rather than Act-length, to get through the last run a bit faster.)

I mean, we've gone through how much extra stuff for the two Adventure games? At this point, we might as well show off all the unique content if we're not already going for 100%.

By the way, on an unrelated note, how far into "All the Sonics" would you say we are at this point? Halfway? One-Third? I'm still dying to see a Part 2 for "All the MegaMans", since raocow skipped all of my favorites in the initial marathon. (Legends 1 and 2, Battle Network and Star Force. Network Transmission doesn't count, and raocow was missing all the context for that one anyways.)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

What cool characters the Chaotix were, I can't wait to play through stories as them many more times in the future
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago What cool characters the Chaotix were, I can't wait to play through stories as them many more times in the future
Sorry all of Sonic's friends are bad and their presence, not SEGA giving stringent deadlines*, is what has lead to the Sonic franchise's notorious lack of quality.

*Except Forces. I... don't even know what happened there.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I miss Team Chaotix almost as much as I miss Team Dark. I know they all still 'show up' in the franchise, but it's not the same as playing as them and using their unique abilities!

Also, I think doing Mission Mode, even for just the Chaotix, is a bad idea. If you were just a regular person casually playing the game, you could just burst through it to see what's different about the experience, but spreading it out and treating it the same as the Chaotix run you already did, would just be exceptionally uninteresting and a waste of time, especially for raocow himself.
Jafar
say yes to capes

Post by Jafar »

Super Hard Mode really doesn't bring anything new to the table. I mean, yeah, it's harder, but in more of a "let's add more armored hammer guys" way than anything interesting, typically.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
Leet wrote: 3 years ago What cool characters the Chaotix were, I can't wait to play through stories as them many more times in the future
Sorry all of Sonic's friends are bad and their presence, not SEGA giving stringent deadlines*, is what has lead to the Sonic franchise's notorious lack of quality.

*Except Forces. I... don't even know what happened there.
offer me money offer me power offer me everything i ask for

i want playable blaze back you son of a bitch
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

purple cat good