(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kitikami

Re: A Thousand Miles - Adventure (singular) - His Hero

Post by kitikami »

I didn't see the movie but i did find this in my parents' recycling:

KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

sonic the hedgehog more like sonic the :monstrosity:
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I liked it. It was a fun movie. Ain't gonna win awards for anything, but I left the cinema smiling and felt it was worth my time.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years agoAin't gonna win awards for anything
What if it does
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

iirc knuckles fights chaos 4, too

they were really proud of chaos 4, i guess
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Sonic's story: It is pointed out that Knuckles has been tricked, Knuckles tries to deflect blame to Sonic, thus looking like a gigantic goober.
Tails' story: It is pointed out that Knuckles has been tricked, Knuckles responds with general disbelief, looking like slightly less of a goober.

That's kind of a weird, random thing to change for Tails' story.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 4 years ago That's kind of a weird, random thing to change for Tails' story.
Tails still looks up to Knux and sees him as more mature and smart, while Sonic sees him as his gullible doofus rival-friend. Rashomon Effect!
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Oh

Oh no

https://kotaku.com/those-cheap-ass-tige ... 1841798636

(Caveat: GameStop might implode before this happens, sooooo)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Thanks for letting me play today, raocow, i had a lot of stress today and this helped me feel better nyoro~n
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago Thanks for letting me play today, raocow, i had a lot of stress today and this helped me feel better nyoro~n
You did great! <3
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Since I used the vid for the "play the game" joke, I'll just say that was one good kip up by Tails there to get back on his feet in that last scene.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Shout outs to Sega for supporting LGBT all the way back in 1998 by including a Bi-Plane in their mainline game.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Sand Hill was not part of the original design document for Sonic Adventure, but on their research trip Sonic Team saw some people in Peru boarding down sand dunes. Utterly flabbergasted, the entire team decided that very day that sand-boarding HAD to be in their game, no matter what.

Strangely, it was also decided that same day that Tails was a perfect fit for sand-boarding, for reasons no one on the team can remember anymore.
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

Got sidetracked and forgot about this whole list thing, it's All The Green Hill Zones Adventure Jam.com!:
  • 7 Green Hill Zones
  • 21 Green Hill Zone Acts total
  • 3 versions of the Nakamura GHZ theme
  • 8 versions of JP/EU Sonic CD's "You Can Do Anything" theme (Invincibility theme)
  • 11 (some kinda) Hill Zones total
  • 32 (some kinda) Hill Zone Acts total
  • 6 misc Hill-Type Zones(the Hill Top clause)
Also...

All the Knuckles Getting Duped By Eggmans:
  1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3(Sonic/Tails playthroughs)
  2. Sonic Triple Trouble
  3. Sonic Adventure(Sonic/Tails Stories)
I want to put something thoughtful, interesting, informative, etc, here, but all I can think of are a pair of Sand memes. Star Wars, Kirby's Sand Canyon, there's gotta be some kind of dumb Sand Hill joke to make, and it's keeping me from thinking of anything good for this post.

Also I somehow first managed to edit this over an old post I was using as reference instead of making a new one and had to use my internet cache to hopefully restore it.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

In this episode, Tails learns the hard way what happens if you put strange amphibians to close to your mouth.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Oof it really feels like they hired Tikal's voice actor on the strength of her emotionless hint-giving voice
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

For most of this game so far I've remembered things fairly well, but Sand Hill... well I remembered that it exists, but I completely forgot what it looks like. It actually looks pretty cool for something you can just breeze through and then never revisit again.

LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I noticed that raocow likes to mention that the Tornado 2's transformation doesn't really do anything, and after thinking about it, I noticed that it takes a much tighter path around the Egg Carrier after transforming; thus it could be said that transforming does make it easier to maneuver, although it doesn't really affect the gameplay at all. I even made a picture to help demonstrate what I'm talking about.
Sonic Adventure Sky Chase Path.png
Sonic Adventure Sky Chase Path.png (27.33 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
As you can see in the expertly crafted image above, the Tornado 2 starts by taking a relatively basic path, shown in blue, but after it transforms its path, shown in green, takes it looping around the Egg Carrier like a snake wrapping around its prey. I also included the path from the first Sky Chase, shown in red, but that one is really basic by comparison.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

So Tails retells the same events that Sonic's story covered, but makes himself more important and cooler.

But when he retells the landing on the Egg Carrier, where in Sonic's version Tails points out that the transformation has no accessible landing gear (a foolish but sort of understandable oversight), Tails's version instead has him say... he just forgot to give the Tornado-2 landing gear at all?? Which is objectively a worse mistake

Tails, what
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

It's the story from their perspective. Tails isn't trying to make himself look better, but he remembers the events as focusing on him more. (Or could it be that Sonic is the one not paying attention to when Tails was important?) Tails is also paying more attention to the workings of his own plane, so in his memory, yes, he specifies that he forgot. Sonic maybe didn't remember the exact reason why, or maybe Tails remembered himself being more specific than he actually was.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I think an Amy is a friend.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Every time you smack a chao, their evil alignment grows.

Who has the most?
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

CHAO PSA!

Attacking the eggs doesn't make them hatch faster, just cradling them and throwing them. Apparently if you cradle them too much the chao comes out upset like they would if you throw them, but if you get it just right they'll hatch happier than they would if you just wait for the egg to hatch naturally; I don't recall the former ever happening for me but it may just be something they changed in the transition from Dreamcast to Gamecube. It's worth being careful just in case.

Katazuki wrote:Every time you smack a chao, their evil alignment grows.

Adventure 1 didn't have the alignment system until DX and even then it's only affected by the fruit, so mistreating a chao just makes them miserable and shortens their lifespan. Even in Adventure 2 where it actually DOES affect alignment, you can just dote on them with the dark characters to get the same effect without the adverse effect of the poor things dying an early and sad death. So in general attacking at all in the chao garden is just a really bad idea (also be careful not to land on them when jumping because that flings them too!)

Hurting chao is not good or fun or cute. Please don't abuse chao. Commit cooler felonies like
:catcrime:
instead.

END OF CHAO PSA!

to be clear I'm not angry at katazuki or raocow or anyone I just don't like seeing chao suffering and want to help clear up any confusion and misinformation
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Rocky looking out for his kind.
ImageImage