(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Lord Ruby

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (DS) - Setsuna sa ne wa

Post by Lord Ruby »

Speaking of which, Peach is apparently a great sniper in Splatoon as well:
a
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: A Few Good Somari - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (DS) - Setsuna sa ne wa

Post by KobaBeach »

QuiEstFaba wrote: 1 year ago (also holy fuck there are people of drinking age in parts of Eurasia who are younger than the ds oh god my back)
this sucks yeah. no offense to people who were born at that time tho
TiKi wrote: 1 year ago raocow would miss out on the sincere emotional experience of being congratulated by sonic for brushing his teeth. what kind of monster would suggest for raocow to PRETEND to brush his teeth and get undeserved praise from sonic for seven days in a row. count them. seven days of waking up and immediately lying to sonic the hedgehog.
this is an all time post
Lord Ruby wrote: 1 year ago Speaking of which, Peach is apparently a great sniper in Splatoon as well:
how is bowser not leagues better than mario at splatone. hate it here, fucking pro-mario propaganda
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
QuiEstFaba
Une machine pour faire des vaches

Post by QuiEstFaba »

I actually double-took at the name of this one
One sunny morning you get up, and you make your will, and you pass the salt to the people who care about you, but you never know who's talking to you....
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

It really is weird for Amy to just be talking to Tails, especially when Sonic's right there. When was the last time she's ever acknowledged Tails in a game? Either way, I like it, makes her less of a one note character.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
Lord Ruby

Post by Lord Ruby »

woah

Why, yes, I am both interested in murder mystery visual novels and the Sonic franchise. But how did they know...?
a
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

For a moment, I thought it was an early April Fools prank, but holy crap, it exists! That's real fucking poggers.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Lord Ruby wrote: 1 year ago

woah

Why, yes, I am both interested in murder mystery visual novels and the Sonic franchise. But how did they know...?
amy10.png
amy10.png (223.16 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

just casually ignoring the possibility someone drowned to death in that spark luge, ok
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

due to raocow not finding the secret area and item in world 1 stage 4 of tearaway thomas, he did not show us the glory that is "fruit 'em up"
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I think we found a very insidious new "low point" for raocow's personal experience with the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise
video games
Lord Ruby

Post by Lord Ruby »

Judging by the comments, it seems like there's at least 5 hours more of this story mode, probably more due mouse/touchscreen issues. So yeah, I think this game should definitely be cut short.

To offer a bit of a counterperspective on AtS, think of the Java, mobile, even Roblox games! Highlights like them are a reason to at least consider changing the format slightly instead of dropping the series entirely, I'd say. You also seem to have had fun playing the mainline games, and I've enjoyed watching them.

As for practically skipping this game, I see a couple of options. It could be skipped by introducing an enjoyment/mental health rule*, or one could argue that "Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games" has already been beaten, this was just a sampling of an alternate version. We could also return to the original format of the Olympics, where the minigames only have to be shown off for the game to be considered beaten; but, like, I'm sure we're not missing much, we could very much just banish this game to the forgotten zone.

*Hasn't there been a rule like that before? I forget where, though.
a
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Lord Ruby wrote: 1 year ago
As for practically skipping this game, I see a couple of options. It could be skipped by introducing an enjoyment/mental health rule, or one could argue that "Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games" has already been beaten, this was just a sampling of an alternate version. We could also return to the original format of the Olympics, where the minigames only have to be shown off for the game to be considered beaten; but, like, I'm sure we're not missing much, we could very much just banish this game to the forgotten zone.
Some of the comments also suggested that a fully completed save file should be used if the rest of the game is not to be skipped over. The takeaway seems to be that if the goal is a full presentation of the content and features of the game, it might be best to make preparations for that ahead of time. Sometimes a complete showcasing of the game may clash with having a blind experience.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so.

I'm strongly considering slash decided that I was done with All the Sonic. I put a video about that right now. This is not done easily, this is not done trivially. Technically, I have plenty of time to change my mind.

But the passion is gone. I just... don't want to keep dedicated another two, three, four years of video to more and more sonic, forever.

This was meant to be an experiment and a journey, the goal never mattered. But the journey went from a fun hike to a trudge. I dunno. I don't know how to better explain this than in what I've already said on the internet.

I'm sorry (either . ! and ? sort of combine together for the tone I feel)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

raocow wrote: 1 year ago But the passion is gone. I just... don't want to keep dedicated another two, three, four years of video to more and more sonic, forever.

This was meant to be an experiment and a journey, the goal never mattered. But the journey went from a fun hike to a trudge. I dunno. I don't know how to better explain this than in what I've already said on the internet.
This is pretty much how I eventually felt when I was trying to do all the romhacks all those years ago. It just felt like a slog after a while, and it just didn't feel worth it anymore.

I never really knew how to explain the feeling that I got, but you described it pretty well here. It's really something hard to put into words.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
VGjoe

Post by VGjoe »

Part 1
Flicky: 0
Rad Mobile: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog: 1227
Sonic Eraser: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog MasterSystem/GameGear: 786
Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car: 0
Sonic Tiger Handheld: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 GameGear/MasterSystem: 983
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: 2081
SegaSonic Bros - 0
Sonic CD: 2046
SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - 0
SegaSonic Popcorn Shop - 0
SegaSonic the Hedgehog: 91
Sonic Chaos: 1162
Sonic Spinball: 179
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Tiger Handheld: 0
Sonic 2 Supplemental: 70
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine GameGear: 0
Sonic Drift: 55
Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld: 135
Sonic Spinball 8bit: 359
Tails and the Music Maker: 0
Sonic's EDUSOFT: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles: 3346
Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2: 149
Blue Sphere: 306
Sonic Triple Trouble: 1160
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 LCD: 0
Sonic Spinball LCD: 0
Sonic Drift 2: 20
Knuckles Chaotix: 3170
Sonic Crackers: 0
Tails' Skypatrol: 0
Tails Adventures: 284
Sonic Labyrinth: 317
Sonic Mountain Quest: 0
Sonic X-TREME: 0
Sonic the Fighters: 0
Sonic the Screen Saver: 0
Sonic's Schoolhouse: 5
Sonic 3D Blast: 2250
Sonic 3D Blast Saturn: 351
Sonic Blast: 1127
Sonic and Knuckles Collection PC: 62
Sonic Jam: 752
Sonic R: 1656
Sonic 3D Blast lcd: 0
Sonic Jam game com: 374
Part 2
Sonic Adventure: 2166
Sonic The Hedgehog Pocket Adventure: 3183
Sonic Shuffle: 2206
Sonic Adventure 2: 8734
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: 23
Sonic Advance: 13234
Sonic Advance 2: 21114
Sonic Pinball Party: 550
Sonic Adventure DX: Mission Mode: 1771
Sonic Battle: 0
Sonic Heroes: 8533
Sonic 3D (shockwave): 459
Chao Fortunes: 0
Chao Snowdome: 0
Eggman Clock: 0
Eggman Toy: 0
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Jigsaw: 0
Sonic Jigsaw Puzzle 2: 0
Sonic Darts: 0
Sonic Speedway: 0
Sonic Heroes Puzzle: 124
Sonic Hopping: 199
Sonic X A Super Sonic Hero Volume 1: 0
Sonic Advance 3: 10728
Sonic Tennis: 0
Sonic Mega Collection Plus Mini: 6
Sega Superstars advergame: 43
Sonic X Ring Thing: 166
Sonic Xs: 59
Shadow Xs: 208
Sonic Jump: 94
Sonic X (Leapster): 97
Sonic the Broad Jump: 0
Shadow the Hedgehog: 7075
Sonic Rush: 9961
Shadow the Hedgehog Flash: 25
Sonic the Hedgehog Part 1: 124
Sonic the Hedgehog Part 2: 39
Shadow Shoot: 150
Sonic Riders: 1105
Part 3
Sonic the Hedgehog: 87006
Sonic Adventure DLC: 987
Christmas Nights into Dreams: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog into Dreams: 0
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis: 801
Sonic Rivals: 7967
Sonic the Hedgehog: Chaos Crush: 0
Sonic Rivals Dash: 8
Life Savers Sonic Spinball: 51
Sonic 2006 Very Hard DLC: 305
Play.com Sonic Heroes Competition: 0
SonicX Bowling: 0
Sonic and the Secret Rings: 2524
Shadow the Hedgehog: Expert Mode: 1918
Sonic the Hedgehog £10 Repeater: 0
Sonic Jump (2007): 1862
Sonic the Hedgehog Golf: 359
Sonic Rush Adventure Flash: 81
Sonic Rush Adventure: 9820
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: 0
Sonic Rivals 2: 10945
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity: 1179
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games DS: 21
SEGA SuperStars Tennis: 52
Sonic 2 Dash!: 89
Sonic at the Olympic Games: 162
Sonic the Hedgehog (Didj): 222
Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood: 966
Sonic X Speed Spotter: 0
Part 4
Sonic Unleashed (Wii): 11028
Sonic Unleashed (PS3): 7249 ± 5
Sonic Action Game: 45
Tails' Sky Patrol (2003): 0
Knuckles Soccer: 0
Shadow Grinder: 0
Sonic's Speedway: 0
Sonic Extreme Boarding: 100
Tails Soccer: 0
Knuckles Baseball: 0
Cream Flower Catch: 0
Big's Fishing: 0
Sonic Skateboarding: 120
Tails Sky Adventure: 0
Knuckles Treasure Hunt: 0
Amy & Rouge Tennis: 0
Cream Flower Catch: 0
Billy's Giant Egg: 0
Sonic 2 CRASH!: 246
Sonic and the Black Knight: Knight in Training: 0
Sonic and the Black Knight: 2578
Sonic Unleashed Adventure Packs:
Sonic Unleashed (Gameloft): 624
Sonic Unleashed (Gameloft): 158
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii): 110
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (DS):
Final Ring Count: 265405
Mea

Post by Mea »

Always a good time to reconsider what you're really getting out of something when the only thing driving you is being able to say you did it, or just to be done with it. I'd say do what gives more enjoyment to yourself.
Catabo
:3
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Catabo »

For the record, i fully agree with stopping ATS. Don't force yourself to slog through another four years of videos because "i must play all of the Sonics". But you didn't need to hear that from me!

The "why am i stopping myself from playing big series like Zelda and Castlevania?" bit got me thinking (combined with a bit of "i've enjoyed the wonderful tapestry of games he's been playing, but i kinda miss cow playing SMW"), why not play a hack of Zelda or some other big/classic/familiar series? I know not many have a scene as big as Mario, but surely there are some great ones out there.
Hi YouTube peeps! Want a cozier, chiller community that actually feels like a discussion instead of shouting into an endless void?
Consider posting on the talkhaus too! :catplanet:
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

raocow wrote: 1 year ago I'm sorry (either . ! and ? sort of combine together for the tone I feel)
Honestly?

You got to Shadow and '06, I think those were the real big ones people wanted to see, and you got there. Everything else was just extra credit.

If there's anything I have seen from watching LPers for about a decade or so, it is the LPer that makes the game, and not the other way around. People are here for YOU.

Go boot up some stuff you wanna do. You're earned it.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

As far as I'm concerned, ATS ended literally 2 years ago today, when raocow saved Maginaryworld and helped Lumina realise that Void was just misunderstood this whole time.

The rest has just been bonuses.
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

for now, we think stopping AtS is incredibly smart if it's becoming like, a genuine slog to go through. like if you'd rather be playing other stuff... just do it! get that enrichment! it's your channel, you decide what you're doing. some people might be Weird about how stopping AtS before reaching modern day is somehow AtS "failing" or w/e and to them we say, you don't "fail" a let's play. that's just not a thing. if anyone's being Weird about it, you have our full permissions to bite them. and honestly it's gonna be SO fucking nice to have C-side be more unique for longer periods of time than "literally just december", y'all have no idea,

and hey. should you ever catch a second wind or a spark of inspiration hits, you can always just. return. that's the beauty of a project like this; by its very nature, it's got bookmarks built right into it for you to leave off on and pick right back up from. sometimes the best thing you can do on a long journey is to set up camp and relax. recharge your batteries. both for actual physical health reasons and also, y'know, Not Taking Psychic Damages reasons.

regardless of what becomes of C-side--whether it becomes a full-on new side for the forseeable future and one day sees a return to sonics, or it remains in the former a much more indeterminate longer--we don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon just because we're not seeing mario & sonic olympic winter games DS 2010 word salad anymore. because that'd be dumb as heck. and we might be total dinguses, but we're not that dumb.
Matt is me wrote: 1 year ago As far as I'm concerned, ATS ended literally 2 years ago today, when raocow saved Maginaryworld and helped Lumina realise that Void was just misunderstood this whole time.

The rest has just been bonuses.
&: Shuffle was truly one of the Sonics ever, and as long as we got that one, we think we made off more than good enough.
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, you are in the dark ages of Sonic here, and it's clearly not fun. Definitely a stopping point at the very least. The other thing that might be worth a suggestion in the future is to just... not play all the way through the side games and just take a look at them if you ever do come back to it. For now, yeah. This hasn't been fun lately, so stop. Simple as that.

For that matter, you doing three vids a day is amazing when that's at least an hour spent playing them every day. Yeah, that can be overkill when you ain't in the mood.
WinterSweater
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by WinterSweater »

Struggle has always been part of the ATS. I've been looking forward to both good and bad mainline games, like Sonic Boom and Sonic Colors. Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog were also a lot of fun to watch.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Committing to an "all the" series was impressive with MM, and the fact that you powered through it all was surprising enough. I was pretty amazed when I saw the first Sonic 1 video go up, now a few years ago, and wondered how you'd actually manage to commit to it. Turns out over 1000 episodes of the same series can mentally break someone down, which really shouldn't be seen as a point of guilt/shame. I'm really open to the idea of a slot where you just play whatever you want - I think the folks on this forum and YT are more fans of you as a person and your style of gameplay rather than the specific games you play,
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

I'm no fan of Sonic, so I've never watched this series, but... I'll add mine to the chorus of voices saying this is the right move. If it's just not fun anymore, it's... just not fun anymore, and there's nothing to be gained by forcing yourself to continue. I'm genuinely impressed at your sheer tenacity at even making it *this* far, and honestly wish I had that kind of drive, though.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Lord Ruby

Post by Lord Ruby »

With regards to the most recent video, it seems I may have misread which of your sentiments were more about long-term attitude and which were more like short-term moods. If I did, I'm sorry for the post as a whole. I'm not sorry for reminding you of series highlights in the second paragraph, though.

With that said, I am sad to see that the project is most likely dead - the reasons are selfish, sure, but they are genuine. Had it died earlier, I may have never seen what games like Sonic Battle, Sonic Chronicles, and even Sonic 06 are actually like. I'll probably never see the series take him to some unexplored genres like with the recent visual novel. While I may still get to hear rao's thoughts on some of the upcoming mainline Sonic games, it'll be at a slower pace and may have gaps. Cancelling the project is better than burnout and lost passion, but I'll still selfishly lament the fact that it'll lead to a decline in the share of new raovideos I watch.
a