(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: E-123 OMEGA AND TWO OTHERS - Or A Shot In The Dark (3/5)

Post by Grounder »

A for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I find it amusing that Omega always gets shot by a cannon at the very start of this level. Another amusing thing I discovered is that if you hold down near the end of the first helicopter ride you'll repeatedly bump into the ground, resulting in the helicopter not being able to get to the end of its path until you let go of down.

After the forest levels had very few enemies relative to other Team Dark levels it's been nice playing the second missions in levels that actually have a sizeable amount of enemies again. Too bad the cannons in this level don't count, but it's still nice not having to play through the entire level twice in a row just for one mission.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

welp
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

ahh, memories. this is the stage and team where when i was a kid, after thirty minutes of struggling through, i paused near the very end, went to get lunch, came back, and pressed start to unpause

except instead of unpausing, start actually selects whatever option is highlighted

which, at the time, was 'quit'
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

probably the biggest offender of level padding in the game, all the switch puzzles, targets, tough, durable enemies, on top of an already extremely long level... jeeeeez. i remembered this one for sure, yeah, lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

This level is probably the biggest victim of jank, just because you have to do so many janky things in it
Blivsey wrote: 3 years ago ahh, memories. this is the stage and team where when i was a kid, after thirty minutes of struggling through, i paused near the very end, went to get lunch, came back, and pressed start to unpause

except instead of unpausing, start actually selects whatever option is highlighted

same happened to me last week!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Paragraph wrote: This level is probably the biggest victim of jank, just because you have to do so many janky things in it
I think this describes my experience with this level pretty well. Admittedly I was playing rather sloppily, which certainly contributed to my death count, but I also had a bunch of jank related deaths. It took me a lot of tries to get through without any deaths in order to get an A rank. I'm just glad deaths don't affect your rank in Team Dark's second missions.
Paragraph wrote:
Blivsey wrote: 3 years ago ahh, memories. this is the stage and team where when i was a kid, after thirty minutes of struggling through, i paused near the very end, went to get lunch, came back, and pressed start to unpause

Incidentally, I also accidentally quit a level recently while trying to unpause.

thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So, as I personally predicted, first team got 3 emeralds, second 2, third 1, last 0. I had anticipated a silly clean-up.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 3 years ago
Paragraph wrote:

Incidentally, I also accidentally quit a level recently while trying to unpause.
Reading this unlocked some memories of little HatKid trying her best in Sonic Heroes and now I'm 99% sure I've done this too at some point.

I am so ready for the silly clean up video.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Throughout this game I've felt that one of the more annoying things about the game is when your teammates become stunned and unusable after they take damage, and this video showcases that well. Having to sit around and wait because your teammates couldn't dodge an attack, or because you launched them into the boss in order to attack yourself, starts to get old after a while.

Jafar
say yes to capes

Post by Jafar »

If raocow had gotten that last emerald, we would've been treated to this silly jpeg instead.
Peptobislawl
Is here for some reason

Post by Peptobislawl »

Are you ready for Shadow The Hedgehog to muddy the question of what Shadow's deal is even further? Gonna be a good time.
For those that don't know, the question does indeed get definitively answered in that game, but only in a secret dialogue that only plays if you take way too long on the final boss.
I got an avatar.
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

I wonder if anyone has told raocow yet how many possible paths there are in Shadow the Hedgehog.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

Peptobislawl wrote: 3 years ago Are you ready for Shadow The Hedgehog to muddy the question of what Shadow's deal is even further? Gonna be a good time.
For those that don't know, the question does indeed get definitively answered in that game, but only in a secret dialogue that only plays if you take way too long on the final boss.
really the question of "what Shadow's deal is" is answered in the game's intro cutscene, when
they do the action movie "loving closeup of a gun being loaded" thing, except it's shadow's stupid fuckin mickey mouse cartoon gloves loading a what appears to be a photorealistic MP5 submachine gun

followed by shadow stepping out in front of an enormous anime backdrop moon and somehow racking the front of the MP5 like it's a pump action shotgun
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I s2g this was the result just now when I googled "mickey mouse" to see if mickey was spelled with an e, right after googling "shadow the hedgehog intro"
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

King of GETs wrote: 3 years ago I wonder if anyone has told raocow yet how many possible paths there are in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

This Machine seems to be a fan favorite.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

this machine was my favorite as a kid and now i'm into metal hmmmmm correlation much
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Weird Hanukkah special, gotta say. They didn't even get all nine candles!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Request for you to hit Y or whatever the Omochao button is when you select Last Story
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I fully admit I haven't been paying much attention to this LP, but I vaguely remember it being said that using the Power character is the trick to catching up to the Emerald quickly. Is that correct? And why?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's probably an oversight or the emerald's doing that rubber band kind of deal depending on your character's speed.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

As some might have gathered from my posts, I was inspired by raocow to try Heroes for the first time and liked it despite it being a wholly frustrating mess a lot of times, so I did actually finish all stories yesterday and did not regret it. I did the final boss with a buddy (he watched over Discord streaming, not in person) who loves watching me play janky games, and yeah it was janky but it was a lot of fun. He then told me I had to unlock and do Hard Mode as well, I showed him how many missions I had to still do with A-Ranks and he noped out of that idea really fast, haha.

So I decided to skip ahead a little in the timeline and showed him Shadow, which I did play before, once through on a poorly emulated PS2 version. Mostly neutral path.

Boy did I forget how utterly stupid Shadow is. And somehow, it plays way worse than Heroes now that I have the direct comparison, with completely bizarre acceleration on Shadow, levels that are in now way suited for that, prettier-looking but insanely boring design, GUNS, and mission that are way the hell more tedious than even the worst ones in Heroes. We went full evil this time, so I saw a lot of levels there the first time, and holy hell it was even worse than just nooding through on neutral.

I have played a lot of Sonic 06, the king of "lol at this jank", and I am now convinced that Shadow is worse. At least 06 has moments of competent level design.

What I'm saying is that I am all of me, and all of me is insanely hype for raocow's playthrough, and the upcoming chunk of mobile games can only make the wait sweeter.
Crow

Post by Crow »

shadow is my most anticipated LP of 2021 it's going to be a beautiful disaster
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago shadow is my most anticipated LP of 2021 it's going to be a beautiful disaster
i havent been keeping up with all the sonics but sonic heroes is way worse than i remember to the extent that I think shadow will be a breath of fresh air before we get dunked by 06
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist