(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Re: Half The Chaotix - Friends Are There (I Don't Care) (4/5)

Post by Truhan »

Think this was the song raocow was singing at the beginning of today's episode (554).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8v3aAArhh8
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
SirChasm
Just here for the music guessing contests.

Post by SirChasm »

I wonder how many people named Christine got really, really paranoid watching this episode.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

...What was that even about? Even by raocow standards, that was a bit much
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
7TC7
Squanshy Cat
Pronouns: he

Post by 7TC7 »

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed to me like someone asked him to help with their proposal. Possibly a couple watching his videos together.

If I am right, then I wish the best of luck to whoever made the attempt!
Meet me at YouTube and watch Touhou stuff!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Truhan wrote: 3 years ago Think this was the song raocow was singing at the beginning of today's episode (554).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8v3aAArhh8
I was so confused when this didn't morph into Wild Wild West
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Here's the first stealth mission in the main story, which as raocow said at the end basically boils down to playing as Espio as much as possible. Although looking at the way the frogs are placed and where they're facing it almost looks like you'd be able to get through a lot of the stage without using Espio's invisibility, but I think I'd rather play it safe. The second mission gives you a 4 minute time limit, which isn't too difficult as long as you don't take your time.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

7TC7 wrote: 3 years ago Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed to me like someone asked him to help with their proposal. Possibly a couple watching his videos together.

If I am right, then I wish the best of luck to whoever made the attempt!
ding ding ding
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

It was a surreal video in general, with some of the weird comments/noises from the Chaotix
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

d for dolphin
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow, raocow. It's not "Charmy the Bee", it's "Charmy Bee". Or, alternatively, "Charmy Bee the Bee".
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Blivsey wrote: Also from what I can see, it looks like the Emerald just straight-up moves more slowly when you're in Power formation. I guess they were trying to balance it so speed formation isn't the only option, but they overtuned it and it became really easy??
I was wondering about this, so I decided to test things out in this level's special stage. I just did nothing and let the emerald get to the end; as speed formation it took about 1:53, and as power formation it also took about 1:53. Although I did think the emerald looked like it was moving rather slowly at the beginning when I was using power formation, so I did a run with power formation where I tried to keep the emerald in sight as much as possible without actually collecting it, and it got to the end with a time of about 1:57. I did the same thing with speed formation and got the same time, which leads me to believe that the emerald goes slightly slower when you're looking at it for some reason?

Anyway, this stage is a pretty standard 'get all the things' stage, but it did take me a few runs through on the second mission to find all the Chao. Especially the one raocow spent a bunch of time getting at 6:15 in the video, which was the last one I found.

This fight against Team Rose ended up being quite a messy fight for me. My first fight went about the same as raocow's successful fight, and then after a few unsuccessful attempts at an A rank I came up with a strategy: I would turn invisible as Espio, which seems to mess with the enemy AI, then I would jump on top of one of the boxes to be able to hit Cream, then use a homing attack once they were done jumping around. This worked well, although I did get really lucky; I was only aiming for Cream, but I ended up defeating all of them at once.

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

For those that didn't notice (probably none of you at this point), all the sanics are on sale today...

...except TSR. Go figure.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1 ... te_Bundle/

Unfortunately, TSR takes up the price for nearly half the bundle, and no, you can't refund just TSR and keep the rest. If you're only interested in the Genesis classics (1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, Spinball, 3D blast, and Meme Beam Machime but not CD), you can get the Genesis Classics bundle for like $10 and get tons of other Genesis games too (Golden Axe, Ecco, Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Altered Beast, and ToeJam & Earl stood out).

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1 ... _Classics/
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I'd never played Heroes before and only heard about it as being very mediocre to bad, but after a few videos I decided I needed to try it, so I did.

It is definitely better than I expected, but you really have to allow for a lot of jank. Surprisingly, the jank is at entirely different places than it is in Adventure, and it will be different again for 06 - this series does not do consistency. I'm most pleasantly surprised by how well the team thing works, switching is smooth and it's usually not too confusing who you're controlling, how the moves work and so on. Once you got even one level, or just bruteforce with Power character, enemy health bars are also far less of an issue that people make it out to be. Rails work super well (in comparison especially), the homing attack is way better, even the standard movement is more restrained and you can control the characters better. Fly formation helps a lot, too.

However, there's a lot of tiny annoyances and flaws that you might not even notice when just playing through one story (probably Sonic's), or they'll kill you once and you're gonna let it go, but if you're playing it four times, it'll happen again and again and it just adds up. Also, when playing Team Dark, you have to do more of everything, and it just exascerbates all issues the game has.

For instance, it's super unclear when you're locked out of an action and when not. Incredibly often I wanted to glide, or homing attack, or fly after jumping off a rail/spring/other setpiece, and you just can't, however other times it seems to work just fine? I have not yet figured it out. Generally, action priority and conditions are super fucky, for example how the power characters need to "load" up the other two, and sometimes it just doesn't work; how once they're loaded, they won't run next to you anymore, missing half the point of the formation; how sometimes you can load them up back super quickly and just keep launching, and sometimes they get hit as you launch him, the power character drops and you fall on an enemy that hits you.

Getting hit is often something that just happens, too. It's been mentioned before that the lightning flying enemies have bigger lightning hitboxes than body ones, but also the hurtbox spear and shield dudes gain is completely absurd, they can go from just milling about cluelessly to being damaging without any indication. This includes, apparently, while you're removing their shield with the speed character, so you can do exactly what the game wants and still get hit. It's very frustrating.

I did Dark after Rose because it's something raocow hasn't done yet, and as I alluded to before, hoo boy do the cracks start to show. The final robot gauntlet took me five or six tries because I kept dying to some dumb stuff almost completely beyond my control about six minutes into the fight (which is way too long, not helped by the fact that their timestop prevents the next wave from spawning). Then Final Fortress almost made me game over because I kept getting thrown into pits by weird glitchy setpieces, fighting the helmet robots legit is a nightmare, homing attack failures and so on.

At least their Egg Emperor was laughably broken into pieces by team blast + level 2 Rouge.

Overall I'd say this game would be a solid 8/10 if they had time/manpower to fix all the weird garbage, and even better if levels weren't copy-pasted so you'd have to do all the weird garbage at least twice. As it stands, it's a 7/10 when it works and a lol/10 when it doesn't.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

tagcow wrote:"finally\",\"the true\",\"chaotix\",\"experience\"
No, I'm afraid that's tomorrow. :?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

yeah if you thought THIS was bad oh ho HOHOHOHOHOHOAHEHEHAHAHOOHAOAH
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LunarRainbowShyGuy

This level is a bit different than all the previous "find the things" levels; this time the first mission has you finding all the keys, and rather than having you collect more keys, the second mission combines it with a different type of mission. Fortunately only a few keys are out of the way, and the ones that are only require a slight detour; I did miss one of the keys on my initial run through the stage, but I found it on the second pass, which is a lot better than I did in some of the other "find all the things" levels.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Looking forward to Shadow the Hedgehog yall
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

there was a mashup with the chaotix theme at one point iirc but i couldnt find it :ehh:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

so when are we doing the extra mission then :monstrosity:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LunarRainbowShyGuy

One of the things I remember well about this game is running around in this level putting out torches. With how well I remember it I imagine I must have had a good deal of difficulty here as a kid, but looking at this level now I'm not sure what would have given me so much trouble. All the torches are in pretty obvious locations; I can only guess that I did the same thing as raocow and just ran past some of the torches without extinguishing them. but I'd like to think I'd notice them the second time around, and I don't think that that would be enough for me to remember this level so well. Maybe I did the second mission here and that's why I remember this level so well?

Speaking of the second mission, this one requires you to put out all the blue torches (and only the blue torches; fortunately there's no need to take the time to extinguish every single torch). Some of these are hidden in tricky places, but thanks to me being extra thorough I managed to find them all in one go. I do want to give special attention to the one by the first flower warp; it's a bit awkward to actually reach it in a state where you can make a tornado. I wanted to see if you could do it out of a triangle jump, but when I did a triangle jump towards the curved part of the wall I clipped out of bounds and ended up falling to my death.

Leet

Post by Leet »

Chaotix facts:

In the manual for Knuckles' Chaotix, Espio was listed as 17 years old, Vector as 16 and Charmy as also 16. Vector was also noted to believe in God, and Charmy was described as "quite a moody person and mature with his words and actions".

Obviously, most things about them were rewritten for Sonic Heroes. Espio is now 16, Vector is 20 and Charmy is 6. However, Espio was listed as a private detective in Chaotix's manual, so their revised concept isn't entirely newly made-up.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

If you have to put out all the torches to leave the haunted mansion, that is more evidence Team Chaotix's story precedes the others since the other teams can just leave after Chaotix took care of it.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Funnily enough, there is a glitch available that charges Team Blast insanely fast, but obviously that would be forbidden backseating info so i'll spoiler it. for the curious, it's

switch to Fly formation, then press and hold Attack and Change at the same time

convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Leet

Post by Leet »

999 rings is extremely achievable here
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

you can rapidfire the cannon you know

i understand not trusting your own safe return, though
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage