(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Re: A BIG BOUQUET OF CREAM-COLORED ROSES WOOOOO - Heroes - For A Walk In The Park (2/5)

Post by HatKid »

Enjl wrote: Are you remembering Team Sonic/Dark's version of the level? The Team Rose version made the safety panels at the bottom of the pinball tables indestructable, which is sure to alter the experience significantly.
That's what it is! I only ever played as Team Sonic as a kid.

Much frustration was had, I recall.
Heavy Sigh

Re: A BIG BOUQUET OF CREAM-COLORED ROSES WOOOOO - Heroes - For A Walk In The Park (2/5)

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts! THE YEAR OF SONIC

In order to hype up Sonic Heroes and reignite Sonic's fading star in the gaming world, SEGA decided that 2003 was to be called "The Year of Sonic", and reinforced this decision through references to it in interviews whenever they were done. The methods to make this Sonic's Year were many and varied, as they commissioned an anime in Sonic X (which ended up its own strange kettle of fish), finally bringing back McDonald's Happy Meal tie-in toys, and dumping Sonic related games and media everywhere that could take them, especially on the GBA and Gamecube. They made a genuine effort with it, pushing Sonic so hard that it even went above and beyond the original release of Adventure in 98'. In fact, they even went to the trouble of shoving a demo disc of Sonic Heroes into Mario Kart Double Dash, just to add to the excitement surrounding Sonic's big rise from the grave of the Dreamcast.

But, in a twist that our dear readers will note somehow kept happening to SEGA, Sonic Heroes missed the utterly critical holiday push all this was building up to completely, only barely managing to squeak out in Japan on December 30th, with a Gamecube release in January and a PS2/Xbox release at the beginning of Febuary, along with the PAL release. It was blamed on an unforeseen delay in production, which could have very easily been foreseen considering what SEGA had been asking a mere 19 people to pull off with Sonic Heroes.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

nah the special stages are just Like That™
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

use SPEED CHARACTER when actually boosting, and make sure to actually hold down the boost button

not much you can do about the ceiling stick aside from just not drifting too far out, unfortunately
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This stage is one I seem to remember playing a lot, and after failing at the special stage here myself (along with struggling to stay on the ground I abruptly fell off the ceiling at one point, bringing me to a near complete stop) I can see why I would have played this stage a lot. It probably took me many attempts before I was finally able to beat the special stage. I didn't remember how much of a thing the special stages were before, but it's all coming back to me now.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

This is the level I remember the most due to the bingo gimmick. Ultimately getting lots of rings doesn't actually matter, but when you first see it it FEELS cool to play another game as you go through the game, reminds me of some of the wario land 4 levels.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Grounder wrote: 3 years ago use SPEED CHARACTER when actually boosting, and make sure to actually hold down the boost button

not much you can do about the ceiling stick aside from just not drifting too far out, unfortunately
Yeah all this. Though if you're stuck on a wall just jump off, you'll recover faster.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

you know, why isn't there a chao garden? is it because the game came out for three platforms? though i wish if that's the reason it would have returned in the rush games
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's because the game is going back to its roots... and honestly, it's more focused on the actual stages for better or worse. Personally thought Bingo Highway was okay, just a little out there. Tonight's stage is one of the two I remember not caring for at all.
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

my intrusive thoughts every time I hear the Bingo Highway music:

:pal: Image :pal:

Crow

Post by Crow »

Sonic Heroes is definitely a finished game what are you talking about
Leet

Post by Leet »

"Don't get too excited, boys!" - Eggman considers Cheese and Big to be the main members of Team Rose

NOT EDIT: Actually Chao don't have gender I'm told, so my joke is ruined, but anyway that's still something Eggman said
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

"There weren't that many" - Man who destroyed 56 robots in less than 2 minutes (or about 1 robot every 2 seconds)

They may be weak, but I'd still say that that constitutes as at least a decent amount of robots, especially considering that the characters are just a team of three. That's nearly 20 robots for each of them. If I were to fight a bunch of robots in real life I'm not sure I'd even be able to destroy one, let alone 20. Anyway, I'm saying all this because I don't really have anything to say about this 'boss fight', if you can even call it that. And there's going to be several more videos just like this (although personally I like these super short videos).

kitikami

Post by kitikami »

459 videos later and Robotnik still refuses to take raocow seriously
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

I end up saying "Don't get too excited boys, those were the easy ones!" to my brothers for no real reason sometimes when the opportunity presents itself. This has been today's random unimportant anecdote.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

While Amy claims that they are quite high up, thanks to the parallax effect of the canyon sides in the background and the level of detail, it can be deduced that Big & Friends here are actually only about 1200 feet above ground level.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Heavy Sigh wrote: only about 1200 feet above ground level.
i guess you go to the tops of 100+ floor buildings on the regular huh
Crow

Post by Crow »

weird combination of rao-sass and in-game sass today that made for a really amusing episode

wOw, YoU'rE rIgHt!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago
Heavy Sigh wrote: only about 1200 feet above ground level.
i guess you go to the tops of 100+ floor buildings on the regular huh
Literally one level ago Amy and friends were 2000 feet up in Bingo Highway.

Heck. 1200 feet's not even as high as the Willis Tower in Chicago! Amy has no reason to be so shocked by this height!
Leet

Post by Leet »

i guess you go on the top of willis tower on the regular huh
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

hedgehogs are basically blind amy wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 10 feet and 1000 feet
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I think 1200 feet qualifies as quite high up. That's a little under 366 meters, meaning that if you were to fall at a speed of 1 meter per day it would take an entire year to reach the ground. I'm not sure why that's the first thing my mind thought of after seeing the distance in meters, especially since, now that I think about it, 1 meter per day is an incredibly slow speed; if you were moving that slowly you probably wouldn't even notice you were moving at all.

Anyway, we're making some progress in this game, and I feel like I remember these later levels a lot more than the earlier ones. As for this level in particular, I seem to remember there being a lot more to it; I suspect at this point the Team Rose versions of the levels are starting to cut out significant portions of the levels.

First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

You know, it’s so weird to me that Team Rose is the third team from the left on the menu. I’m assuming that most people, like me, played the teams in left-to-right order, meaning they would have done normal mode and hard mode first before doing easy mode. Like, I just don’t know what the game designers were expecting players to do.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

10204307 wrote: 3 years ago You know, it’s so weird to me that Team Rose is the third team from the left on the menu. I’m assuming that most people, like me, played the teams in left-to-right order, meaning they would have done normal mode and hard mode first before doing easy mode. Like, I just don’t know what the game designers were expecting players to do.
They were probably like, "New players will definitely use the Omochao help text button on each team to learn the differences before choosing which to play!" which is kind of a silly assumption to make.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

10204307 wrote: 3 years ago You know, it’s so weird to me that Team Rose is the third team from the left on the menu. I’m assuming that most people, like me, played the teams in left-to-right order, meaning they would have done normal mode and hard mode first before doing easy mode. Like, I just don’t know what the game designers were expecting players to do.
or... get this... what if you didn't have to play all the difficulties to unlock the final boss