(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: Batting A Thousand - Battle - 3

Post by Blivsey »

bat about to be In hell tonight
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
churine

Post by churine »

Chirei wrote: 3 years ago cant wait for the final battle where raocow has to beat 3 guard robos 10 times without dying once
and twice in a row, because of course

and not the final battle, that's just on cream's chapter

okay not the not dying once part but it sure feels like it, cream's chapter is a nightmare

Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

Today, Amy hallucinates Sonic into existence through sheer force of what the fuck???????

SPECIALS: Beauty Shock, Silent Size, Spiral Dive, Bat Cracker

Okay.

So, Rouge has a few things going for her! Her guard is slower than any other character's, which can be an odd benefit when your opponent is expecting quick guards or against CPUs. Her heavy and upper both come out fast and have little end lag, and her dash attack is one of the best in the game in my personal opinion- capable of juggling, surprisingly strong. Silent Size and Spiral Dive are powerful specials (Silent Size in particular is viciously strong for its speed), and Bat Cracker effectively limits your opponent to the floor at risk of jumping into a bomb. (Beauty Shock is okay I guess)

It's just... that float jump... that impossibly bad float jump...

It's pretty handy to have in the story for the sake of cheesing her annoying fights (thank you for playing Rouge vs. Team Sonic thus, by the way, it may be the worst fight in the game). But in a competitive, PVP sense? There is no use for Rouge Fly. Her air attack is bad, easily guarded against, and most of her air specials are useless (save for Spiral Dive, which is actually decently strong). Air Beauty Shock might as well not exist, and Air Bat Cracker is exactly the same as the grounded variant. Trying to land on a ledge? Rouge instead decides to float awkwardly two inches off the ground, where she's a punching bag with floppy ears.

Also, her heal skill is on par with unbuffed Emerl.

Hey, at least she's an easy opponent in the story?
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Amy is the closest thing to a hero of Rouge's story.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

The "okay" you heard at the end was the Crazy Taxi voice
ImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Amy's portraits in this game might be some of the best I've ever seen. Unfortunately, like I mentioned back in Sonic Adventure 1, she is never written properly again after Sonic Adventure 1.

raocow mentioned her age the other day too and it's just a totally arbitrary number they wrote in a manual somewhere, like all the Sonic ages. In SA1 she was living in the big city by herself and buying her own groceries! That is not a 12 year old! Sonic clearly isn't treated as a teen by the story either, all these characters come off as young adults. But some people take these random manual numbers seriously anyway.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I had some trouble with the 3 on 1 fight here until I figured out how to cheese it. I was wondering if raocow would also struggle here, but by the time he got to that fight he already knew how to cheese it. Although it looks like he instead struggled on the fight with Sonic and Amy, as well as the fight against Rouge where you can't get KOed once.

The thing raocow mentioned about the game just making things harder by simply cranking up the AI to obscene levels is something I dislike about this game. I wish I could fight fair and square rather than resorting to cheese, which gets kind of boring after a while, but when I can go from full health to zero in a single combo I feel like I have to cheese the AI just to balance it out. It doesn't help when the game has such lopsided fights as the 3 on 1 fight here, although I think this is the worst case of that (at the very least it can't get any worse than 3 against 1).

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

we did it. we hit the point where I think I want to play emerl over the other characters. it was a very drastic, sudden happening.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago we did it. we hit the point where I think I want to play emerl over the other characters. it was a very drastic, sudden happening.
damn, you hate how knuckles plays :P
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago we did it. we hit the point where I think I want to play emerl over the other characters. it was a very drastic, sudden happening.
your child has grown up so fast...
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

https://twitter.com/agAitcheson/status/ ... 1668676609

What if All the Sonics but like this (warning: may be naseauting for some)
Crow

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Battle - 978

Post by Crow »

"no tails"

>story immediately starts out with tails

i feel betrayed.
Piesonscreations

Man, it's kind of lame how little of a game there is on this one. I absolutely adore it on an aesthetics level, but boy would this game be like 5 minutes long without all the re-fights.
ImageImage
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago Man, it's kind of lame how little of a game there is on this one. I absolutely adore it on an aesthetics level, but boy would this game be like 5 minutes long without all the re-fights.
bruh there's like 300 unlockable moves
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Piesonscreations

AUS wrote: 3 years ago bruh there's like 300 unlockable moves
Yeah, but you only need 2.
ImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

It looks like raocow finally got a decent set of moves on Emerl. I personally didn't really start enjoying playing as Emerl until close to the end of the game. Until that point I just used various forms of cheese most of the time, which as I mentioned before got kind of boring for me after a while. With how limited your skill points are early on it feels like you're encouraged to just pick one good move and just spam it as much as you can, and once I got into the habit of doing that it was hard to stop.

It also didn't help that it took a long time for me to get a move set that I really enjoyed using. In particular, I enjoy using each character's special moves, but I barely got any for Emerl to use. I got Knuckles's dig move during this story chapter, and that was it until close to the end of the game, where I got two more that I didn't even have enough skill points to use.

Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

I do appreciate that Amy is self-sufficient enough to live in an apartment by herself

and has the means to house Cream, apparently

Also, "that robot's probably just has parts that you recognize"
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago
AUS wrote: 3 years ago bruh there's like 300 unlockable moves
Yeah, but you only need 2.
if u play it like a speedrunner even when ur just doing a casual run, the lack of fun is on u
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

Will rao ever touch "Exchange Skills" ?

"You are loved and you matter, whether you want to or not."
-raocow, 2023

"Wherever you are tonight,
I wish you the best of everything."

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

iirc that's for trading between players and is another gameboy link cable thing
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

AUS wrote: 3 years ago iirc that's for trading between players and is another gameboy link cable thing
well raocow you have to hook up with lunarrainbowshyguy or you're not getting the full Sonic Battle Experience
Piesonscreations

AUS wrote: 3 years ago if u play it like a speedrunner even when ur just doing a casual run, the lack of fun is on u
I'm I to understand raocow is speedrunning?

Like, i'm obviously exagerating, but true optimal strategies are a thing, and people will usually go for them, regardless of whatever fun you might be able to have otherwise. Casual people will not usually go for runs with added challenge, especially on their first playthrough- If they find the game boring they'll just stop playing, they won't try to find some way around to making it fun.

That being said, I used to play this game as a kid, and while I have the faintest memory of seeing everything raocow has been doing up until now, I can't say I remember anything that's actually taking place, So I probably did go about it using just a couple of moves and cheesing things back in the day, and probably just stopped playing after, since the game is 80% fighting gamma and emerl clones.
ImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

i think we're officially about halfway through the game now? somewhere close to it.

sonic battle do be battlin doe
LunarRainbowShyGuy

TiKi wrote: well raocow you have to hook up with lunarrainbowshyguy or you're not getting the full Sonic Battle Experience
Yes, please give me all those special moves you've gotten nyoro~n (I think by this point you already have more than I got from playing the entire game).

Anyway, when I said that things don't get worse than the fight with Rouge against team Sonic I completely forgot about the fight against three guard robos here. Unlike Rouge, Knuckles doesn't exactly have the tools for cheesing the AI, and just to make things extra fun these guys explode when you beat them. Some nice things Knuckles does have are a pretty fast dash and a heal that charges his super really quickly, so I used that to run away from the enemies and try to charge my super as much as possible.

Also, I think this might be my least favourite part of the game. You have no indication of where you're supposed to go, and if you choose wrong you get thrown into a fight with some Phis. I feel like it would have been nice if they gave you moves from whatever character they're based on, but as it is now it mostly feels like a waste of time. And then you lose Emerl partway through, meaning you get to have fights where you're outnumbered, and you don't even get skill points for Emerl from them.

Crow

Post by Crow »

i'm like 90% sure you actually have to do all these fights (or at least all the guard robo ones - maybe not the phi ones) because the club rouge dot doesn't spawn until you've checked every other dot on the map