(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kurt91

Re: A Thousand Miles - Battle - September 23, 2009

Post by kurt91 »

Regarding that 2DS that raocow ordered, is that on par with the original 3DS, or the New3DS? I have a hacked New3DS, and I tried using some streaming programs to my PC before, but they didn't work all that great. Admittedly, that was quite a while ago, things might be better now. I really liked the program that just let my 3DS be a wireless PC controller, though.

Honestly, once you mod one of those, it can do a surprising amount. I've got mine set up to let me play DS games from the SD card, and RetroArch is absolutely amazing. I've got an unofficial version on mine that has PSX games going at full speed with no frame skip needed. Been playing Guardian's Crusade and Legend of Legaia on it. (Legaia was a real pain before switching. Every spell has a full summoning animation that used to chug at half speed, so grinding spell levels took FOREVER!!!!) It can even connect to RetroAchievements as well!

Speaking of which... raocow, have you ever considered doing a LP of a game with RetroAchievements set up? Not going out of your way to get them, because some achievements can get stupid hard, but it can either give you ideas on things to try in-game, or just having the occasional pop-up come up when you try something different than usual.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I think the rock paper scissors thing with the specials is a neat idea, but I think it would be better if the AI actually used their special moves with any degree of frequency. In my experience they barely use their specials, meaning you can't observe them to see what they're blocking, and the ability to block one type of special yourself rarely comes into play. In any case, it's probably also there to stop you from just spamming one special, because some of them are quite spammable.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

That's what made Rouge so genius a character in SA2: that after a whole game of seemingly helping terrorists out of greed for treasure, we learn that she was an arm of the government (who are arguably the real antagonists of SA2) all along. It is kind of awkward having to keep writing her after that, which is sort of the case with a lot of sonic characters, so it is weird that she's just hanging around.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

please stop answering yes if you think maybe it's a story thing

thank you
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
Cyril wrote: 3 years ago "central city"

*shadow the hedgehog looms ominously on the horizon*
shadow the hedgehog, the game that makes people think "oh sonic heroes was ok"
i prefer shadow to heroes tbh
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I never even heard of this game before you started this. It looks super neat and I want to play it. I can't emphasize enough how impressive it is that a Sonic game makes me want to play it.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

That's how Tails got Trolled got its start?

well, um
video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTFMu7AmejI
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo wrote: 3 years ago That's how Tails got Trolled got its start?

well, um
video
the cybershell/raocow crossover event these past two weeks has been incredible
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

You hear about video games?
Tailshearsaboutvideogames.png
Tailshearsaboutvideogames.png (750 Bytes) Viewed 2274 times
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

man oh man does this game like gamma

and after this, they're just done with him

omega is rad, don't get me wrong, but what a way to go out, just a spammed recreation and his hundred gray pallet swaps
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

kurt91 wrote: 3 years ago Regarding that 2DS that raocow ordered, is that on par with the original 3DS, or the New3DS? I have a hacked New3DS, and I tried using some streaming programs to my PC before, but they didn't work all that great. Admittedly, that was quite a while ago, things might be better now. I really liked the program that just let my 3DS be a wireless PC controller, though.

Honestly, once you mod one of those, it can do a surprising amount. I've got mine set up to let me play DS games from the SD card, and RetroArch is absolutely amazing. I've got an unofficial version on mine that has PSX games going at full speed with no frame skip needed. Been playing Guardian's Crusade and Legend of Legaia on it. (Legaia was a real pain before switching. Every spell has a full summoning animation that used to chug at half speed, so grinding spell levels took FOREVER!!!!) It can even connect to RetroAchievements as well!

Speaking of which... raocow, have you ever considered doing a LP of a game with RetroAchievements set up? Not going out of your way to get them, because some achievements can get stupid hard, but it can either give you ideas on things to try in-game, or just having the occasional pop-up come up when you try something different than usual.
It's New 2DS.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Thousand Miles - Ten Thousand More

Post by Awoo »

Can't wait until

raocow gets his first rare skill card, I wonder what it'll be?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

NOTE: all moves were actually tested in battle mode, not training mode, you can't ko in training mode
SPECIALS: Energy Ball, Flick, Chu² Bomb

Befitting his Player 2 status, Tails's strength, defense and speed are even more average. Tails Fly is a pretty lousy air action, but his jump is somehow low enough to necessitate using it to climb platforms, a needless handicap that only serves to frustrate. His heal skill gives a decent enough charge to the SP meter, but is useless otherwise. Magic Hook, his heavy attack, hits in a circle around him and lasts a long time, making it great for catching foes. And, of course, his air attack is hilariously spammable (though this is more useful against AI than any human opponent).

What makes Tails the technical fighter he is, though, is those special moves. Energy Ball is a strong and slow-moving projectile (with far more startup on the ground variant, so beware), Flick can be used at range (on the ground) or very suddenly (in the air) to disrupt an opponent, and Chu² Bombs essentially make the entire floor dangerous. With definite perks, definite downsides, and a bevy of gadgets to play with, Tails can definitely make a fight interesting, even if he's only okay at best.

(get it? chu²? chuchu?)
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow

Post by Crow »

that's not right. you forgot to make tails look super sad
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

ah shit
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Blivsey wrote: 3 years agoah shit
here comes pac-man
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
Blivsey wrote: 3 years agoah shit
here comes pac-man
yoyoyoyoyoyo
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Re: Batting A Thousand - Battle - 3

Post by Crow »

wouge the bat
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Omega?? Noooo he doesn't exist yet! Why was this game released first, ah well
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

to be fair, heroes and battle were released in the same month
helucard

Post by helucard »

raocows ep491 vid description wrote: when programmers design an ai, normally they assume that the player is gonna be getting involved with all the systems in place, like follow-up moves, dashing around, using space, all that.
sometimes, they don't really take into account a more passive approach.
Additional reference material: Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing
https://youtu.be/OMGY23AleHs
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Only one person can log into the super secret computer at a time. This is why Eggman uses his real name; it's just his way of dunking on everyone by preventing them from using the server. He doesn't log out afterward when he's done, and because this is the government, they don't have a system in place to force logouts so every time he does this they need to spend half a million dollars trashing and replacing the system.

Anyway my cousin has some wild stories from when she had a co-op placement with the federal government.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago Omega?? Noooo he doesn't exist yet! Why was this game released first, ah well
boy wait until you hear about sonic 2 master system
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

cant wait for the final battle where raocow has to beat 3 guard robos 10 times without dying once
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

bat out of hell
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage