(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - ROPA 2.22: You CAN Choose To (Not) Cheat, But Why Would You?

Post by Grounder »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 3 years ago Image

thumbnail was a little messed up again. i like the unintelligible pillar on the far left
look out sonic you're jumping into a black midi track!!!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - ROPA 2.22: You CAN Choose To (Not) Cheat, But Why Would You?

Post by Bean »

Just glad raocow got up on the top path before breaking all the keys. That happened to me once, and I felt like such a goof. Actually surprised you were told Act 1 was easier in Ice Paradise since I thought Act 2 was the better choice since it's a shorter stage and all. Only thing that's tough is there's one part where you have to keep up top in the middle of the stage and do an up to the right swing off one of those things. It's basically the same jump you did to get the first SP Ring tonight, but whatever. It works.

Just be careful about stopping in the special stages. Zero should be getting noticeably faster, and he's the only real obstacle in the place. It's less of a pressure thing though and more about just paying attention to that arrow color as you run around doing whatever.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i think those maps you have need to be updated with backup strats as you gave up way too early with the 7th ring (which, technically, is -impossible- to lock yourself out of, since the spring you can bounce on as a backup is right at the end of the level, there's no way to -not- go there)
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago Yep, otherwise he would've had to play all these games

Are you implying that Crusader of Centy shouldn't be played
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Was discussing with my sibling how neat it would be if we got a halfpipe (or similar) with this game's ring combo mechanic.

Like, at the very least it would be more interesting than this wide open checkerboard world
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So... two hours or so then with that one? Yeah, I found it tougher than the last one, not that the last one's easy either.
helucard

Post by helucard »

rao, I applaud your ability to restrain yourself from savestating, I really do, it must require a ton of effort to say "no, I want to do this the 'Intended Way' here," but I'll be real. You sound so drained by the video's end. I hope you're feeling alright afterwards. I respect your decision to stick to the formula of doing things as they were made to be done for as long as is bearable, and at this point I don't think asking you to drop a save somewhere is worth saying, both because it undercuts what you've worked so hard for already, and it's really not my place to say it. But what I will ask is that you don't overdo it, okay? Please don't burn yourself out.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I wish you the strength to push through, and I hope it's at least not going to bore you out of your mind.

Best of luck.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageSpin, goopa, spin~
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

Bean wrote: 3 years ago Just glad raocow got up on the top path before breaking all the keys. That happened to me once, and I felt like such a goof. Actually surprised you were told Act 1 was easier in Ice Paradise since I thought Act 2 was the better choice since it's a shorter stage and all. Only thing that's tough is there's one part where you have to keep up top in the middle of the stage and do an up to the right swing off one of those things. It's basically the same jump you did to get the first SP Ring tonight, but whatever. It works.

Just be careful about stopping in the special stages. Zero should be getting noticeably faster, and he's the only real obstacle in the place. It's less of a pressure thing though and more about just paying attention to that arrow color as you run around doing whatever.
Act 2 could probibly be easier but I knew where a lot of rings in act 1 were so it was an easer time exploring for me, lol.
:pal: Image :pal:

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

yay we finally got the garbage stones now to turn into garbage sonic and fight the garbage boss and move onto the next game and its garbage stones

i do remember egg utopia's rings being A Thing for both acts like this lol yeah
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yep. There it was. The rings are pretty much set up in a long square formation around the whole stage. You get the outside trail and an inner one along with the forty rings in the middle. It's not as hard to beat as the sixth one, but you do have to manage a decent enough combo at some point to break that one down since there are just not a ton of rings out there to get.

Looking forward to the finale that's not the finale tomorrow!
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!

Well I finally get around to it but Figured I should post the maps here too!
(Spoiler only cause these images are huge, man!)
or just the group link here https://imgur.com/a/brkTZlU

It was a ton of fun playing along and collecting all the emeralds on my own this time, gave me a lot more respect for the game.

and thanks to everyone on the patapon discord that kinda inspired me to doodle out the maps as well. :pal:

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - Advance 2 - Soul's Refrain

Post by Piesonscreations »

I thought raocow had never slowed down previously in the special stages because he was afraid of the robot, not because he didn't even try to press down. :kood:
ImageImage
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So yeah, that final boss...I feel like Dimps/Sonic Team were trying to basically recapture the whole feel of Doomsday Zone in Sonic (3) and Knuckles, with the final boss being this spin on that final boss with the whole "indirect damage" thing. If done correctly, it would've been a fine final boss. But it was very poorly executed for three reasons:
  • The devs made the level too big. More specifically, they made the level height way bigger than it should've been. I get the sense that they envisioned this as being the same size as Doomsday Zone, and spread rings out accordingly. But they absolutely failed to account for the limited resolution of the Game Boy Advance greatly undermining the real estate. So players just never saw the rings they needed to get, often because they were placed more in the periphery, regularly outside the normal field of view. Not to mention that it feels too cramped. In turn...
  • They made Super Sonic too slow. By this I mean they made his regular movement speed too slow. I get that they were trying to get the players to use the Burst Dash (or whatever you want to call it) to move fast. But for a game that, up until that point, relied on simple forward movement to go fast (and other inputs to function merely as means to maintain momentum and speed, not to increase it), the sudden flip of "oh, now you have to use inputs to go fast" feels really counter-intuitive. The dash was only going to be used to dodge or attack, not to move. Moreover, rings just moved on screen too fast for players to react fast enough to get them.
  • The missiles, the one thing that can damage this boss, operate in a way that's really frustrating. Their initial launch path is parabolic, often approaching Super Sonic at a very vertical angle. Moreover, you have to "aim" your dash to actually direct the missile in the right direction, which is much harder than it should be. Considering this, you can't just hang back at the edge of the screen because you'll never be able to line up a shot.
Honestly, if this were done on Genesis or some other regular console, this fight would've been okay. The screen rez would be enough that the player would be able to at least see where rings are located, and also get a sense that they have more room to move around, making the missiles a little easier to deal with. Super Sonic would still be too slow, but at least he would be manageable. But the way it's set up here makes it kind of garbage.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Dog In Da Grass wrote: 3 years ago Stuff
Good maps. I would just use a YouTube vid, but still, good stuff

By the way, do you know of this thread
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Even though I rag on this game a bit, I think True Area 53 is actually really fun! It's basically more intense Doomsday Zone, which I appreciate, and I like how there's a lot to watch. Most of Dimps' Super Sonic final bosses focus more on beating the guy quickly so you don't really have to collect rings all that often, like in The Moon Zone where you can beat the boss in like 30 seconds.
Advance 3 has my favorite Super Sonic battle in Dimps' games, though; can't wait until we get to that one!! I will always be the Advance 3 fanboy!!
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago By the way, do you know of this thread
Lol, I do now, thanks for pointing that out!

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
Dog In Da Grass wrote: 3 years ago Stuff
Good maps. I would just use a YouTube vid, but still, good stuff

By the way, do you know of this thread
man I'm gad it wasn't video, this made it so much easier to look things up in mid-recording
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

boring but annoying sonic facts

knuckles' eyes are supposed to be purple, but they've been blue all game long
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Looking up how to do something in a video is the opposite of convenient in general. Instead of reading (or looking over an image) at your own pace, you have to find the point in the video you need through searching through it and letting it play, and then rewinding if you need to see something again, and... idk it's just really frustrating.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I like Super Sonic's shoulder charge, but I dunno why he only thinks to do it at some angles and not others
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

real rough one tonight folks
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Grounder

Re: A Lovely Boquet Of Roses - Advance 2 - Girlfriend of Steel 2nd

Post by Grounder »

"Wait, crap, Amy exists, we did her last time, and we have one month before deadline! What do we do?!" "I have an idea..."

Edit: So, yeah, that was Advance 2. I think it holds up for an occasional casual no emeralds playthrough for the most part, but its short development cycle really shows everywhere else.
Last edited by Grounder 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Based Dog coming through for the cow rao so he doesn't have to suffer the unlocking nightmare of this game.

Who has the most?
VGjoe

Post by VGjoe »

Loop 1: Sonic
Leaf Forest 1 - 121
Leaf Forest 2 - 124
Boss Attack! - 3

Hot Crater 1 - 151
Hot Crater 2 - 115
Boss Attack! - 4

Music Plant 1 - 17
Music Plant 2 - 40
Boss Attack! - 7

Ice Paradise 1 - 42
Ice Paradise 2 - 38
Boss Attack! - 11

Sky Canyon 1 - 54
Sky Canyon 2 - 77
Boss Attack! - 17

Techno Base 1 - 151
Techno Base 2 - 104
Boss Attack! - 1

Egg Utopia 1 - 10
Egg Utopia 2 - 0
Boss Attack! - 0

XX - 1
Loop 2: Friends of Sonic
Leaf Forest 1: Cream Edition - 91
Leaf Forest 2: Cream Edition - 106
Boss Attack! Featuring Cheese, the Destroyer of Worlds - 11
Leaf Forest 1: Tails Edition - 83
Leaf Forest 2: Tails Edition - 127
Boss Attack! With Mr. the Fox - 7
Leaf Forest 1: Knuckles Edition - 111
Leaf Forest 2: Knuckles Edition - 120
Boss Attack! &Knuckles - 13

Hot Crater 1: Cream Edition - 143
Hot Crater 2: Cream Edition - 148
Boss Attack! and Cheese, the Tearer of Space - 2
Hot Crater 1: Tails Edition - 38
Hot Crater 2: Tails Edition - 139
Boss Attack! With Fantastic Mr. Tails - 3
Hot Crater 1: Knuckles Edition - 159
Hot Crater 2: Knuckles Edition - 179
Boss Attack! Starring Knuckles the Fox - 3

Music Plant 1: Cream Edition - 5
Music Plant 2: Cream Edition - 43
Boss Attack! And Cheese, the (other) God of Destruction - 32
Music Plant 1: Tails Edition - 1
Music Plant 2: Tails Edition - 107
Boss Attack! With the Designated Flying Animal - 11
Music Plant 1: Knuckles Edition - 6
Music Plant 2: Knuckles Edition - 97
Boss Attack! No Chuckling Zone - 4

Ice Paradise 1: Cream Edition - 41
Ice Paradise 2: Cream Edition - 21
Boss Attack! And Cheese, the Almighty One - 3
Ice Paradise 1: Tails Edition - 29
Ice Paradise 2: Tails Edition - 73
Boss Attack! With MpH - 4
Ice Paradise 1: Knuckles Edition - 33
Ice Paradise 2: Knuckles Edition - 66
Boss Attack! Muscle Flexing Zone - 7

Sky Canyon 1: Cream Edition - 44
Sky Canyon 2: Cream Edition - 154
Boss Attack! Rabbit vs OK Time - 10
Sky Canyon 1: Tails Edition - 46
Sky Canyon 2: Tails Edition - 45
Boss Attack! Fox vs Bad Time - 36
Sky Canyon 1: Knuckles Edition - 56
Sky Canyon 2: Knuckles Edition - 51
Boss Attack! Knuckle vs More Bad Time - 0

Techno Track 1: Cream Edition - 11
Techno Track 2: Cream Edition - 127
Boss Attack! With Cheese, the Omnipotent and Omniscient - 0
Techno Track 1: Tails Edition - 138
Techno Track 2: Tails Edition - 106
Boss Attack! With Mr. Mozilla - 3
Techno Track 1: Knuckles Edition - 151
Techno Track 2: Knuckles Edition - 44
Boss Attack! Knuckles Is - 4

Egg Utopia 1: Cream Edition - 8
Egg Utopia 2: Cream Edition - 8
Boss Attack! And Cheese, the Cutest Eldritch Monstrosity - 3
Egg Utopia 1: Tails Edition - 9
Egg Utopia 2: Tails Edition - 0
Boss Attack! Minus an Arwing - 6
Egg Utopia 1: Knuckles Edition - 7
Egg Utopia 2: Knuckles Edition - 2
Boss Attack! Knuckle Knuckle Knuckle - 3

XX: last bun - 5
XX: final fox - 1
XX: end of knuckles - 1
Loop 3: SP Ring
Leaf Forest 1 SP Ring run - 21
Leaf Forest 1 SP Ring run take 2 - 119
Leaf Forest 1 SP Ring run take 3 - 106
Leaf Forest 1 SP Ring run take 4 - 110
Leaf Forest 1 SP Ring run take 5 - 110
Special 1 take 1 - 224
Special 1 take 2 - 248
Special 1 take 4 - 267
Special 1 take 5 - 434

Hot Crater 2 SP Ring run - 33
Hot Crater 2 SP Ring run take 2 - 24
Special 2 - 297
Special 2 take 2 - 346

Music Plant 2 SP Ring run - 13
Special 3 - 279
Special 3 take 2 - 278
Special 3 take 5 - 395

Ice Paradise 1 SP Ring run - 70
Special 4 - 313

Sky Canyon 2 SP Ring run - 105
Special 5 - 328

Techno Base 2 SP Ring run - 22
Special 6 - 243
Special 6 take 2 - 260
Special 6 take 3 - 287
Special 6 take 4 - 245
Special 6 take 5 - 297
Special 6 take 6 - 265
Special 6 take 7 - 206
Special 6 take 8 - 212
Special 6 take 9 - 255
Special 6 take 10 - 242
Special 6 take 11 - 247
Special 6 take 12 - 226
Special 6 take 13 - 248
Special 6 take 14 - 296
Special 6 take 15 - 156
Special 6 take 16 - 269
Special 6 take 17 - 283
Special 6 take 18 - 247
Special 6 take 19 - 253
Special 6 take 20 - 258
Special 6 take 21 - 231
Special 6 take 22 - 296
Special 6 take 23 - 287
Special 6 take 24 - 223
Special 6 take 25 - 286
Special 6 take 26 - 284
Special 6 take 27 - 266
Special 6 take 28 - 216
Special 6 take 29 - 285
Special 6 take 30 - 304

Egg Utopia 1 SP Ring run - 10
Special 7 take 1 - 222
Special 7 take 2 - 215
Special 7 take 3 - 219
Special 7 take 4 - 200
Special 7 take 5 - 227
Special 7 take 6 - 215
Special 7 take 7 - 230
Special 7 take 8 - 179
Special 7 take 9 - 221
Special 7 take 10 - 250
Special 7 take 11 - 239
Special 7 take 12 - 281
Special 7 take 13 - 211
Special 7 take 14 - 270
Special 7 take 15 - 265
Special 7 take 16 - 266
Special 7 take 17 - 267
Special 7 take 18 - 322

XX for the last time - 1
True Area 53 - 17
Odds & Ends
Leaf Forest 1: Amy Edition - 112
Music Plant 1: Amy Edition - LOST TO THE VOID
Leaf Forest 2: Amy Edition - 106
Tiny Chao Garden - 265
Total Rings collected in Sonic Advance 2: 21114
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

The bosses could have been really fun as Amy if she had the same hammer twirl move that she had in Advance 1. A bit of a missed opportunity imo.
video games