(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
xnamkcor

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - Rebuild Of Pocket Adventure 2.0: You Can (Finally) Advance

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago the stuttering is apparently for very specific amd boards, so you just don't have one of those boards
Can confirm. When I had an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ paired with an ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 Edition(Radeon 9600(Pro?)), VBA stuttered when playing MMZ.

PS: Does mVBA let you do background input so you can have both multiplayer windows/players receive the same input?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Bean
Yep.

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - Rebuild Of Pocket Adventure 2.0: You Can (Finally) Advance

Post by Bean »

This boss is confusing because it's like the first one in that your best bet is to rush it. With well-timed jumps, you can double up on the hits. Also, I love its name since it's called the Egg-Go-Round. The others to this point were the Egg Hammer Tank II, Egg Bomber Tank, Egg Totem, Aero Egg (another good one), and the Egg Saucer.

I don't really care for this zone. Getting the SP Rings is not fun as Sonic in Act 1 because of both the one where you need to fall down and then backtrack over a bottomless pit but then another one's at where you bounced off a wall of bumpers on the left side into an enemy. Well, you have to use that wall to go all the way over to another ring suspended in the air. I'm glad the game gives you two acts to get that place's Chaos Emerald as a lot of zones have a clear best choice to go for.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

NEXT TIME: A... Frankly not very good "level".
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Sonic Advance: X Zone
Sonic Advance 2: XX Zone
Sonic Advance 3: XXX Zone?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago Sonic Advance: X Zone
Sonic Advance 2: XX Zone
Sonic Advance 3: XXX Zone?
oh my

once you understand it, this boss is really cool
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I like how the comments kept saying this, so I will, too. You press up and down to flip gravity in the fight with the Egg Frog, and you can do it multiple times in a row so you can even float in the middle of the screen! It's never mentioned anywhere, so is it confusing if you don't know about it going in? You bet!
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

I completely forgot how much Dimps love their gotcha traps, but then again, I also forgot cyber and egg zones existed. Most of these can't even be excused by screen crunch.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

arguably, sonic advance 2 is the best 2D sonic game because it doesn't have a water level

i forget if there was any game gear or 3DS game that didn't have a water level

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago arguably, sonic advance 2 is the best 2D sonic game because it doesn't have a water level

i forget if there was any game gear or 3DS game that didn't have a water level

leaf forest has some water in it

disqualified
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i said "water level" not "presence of water"
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

The X-Zone in Advance was kind of cute, using the first bosses from the Megagenesisdrive games, even if the real boss wasn't very well-designed.

It wasn't even remotely punishing if you were half paying attention, either!

XX-Zone isn't that, and it isn't even close.

The real boss sucks even worse, IMO...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I think 800p is only 8 pounds.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

You ready to hate yourself? Well, here you go, the important details on the end of Loop 2.

Now, what the game manual isn't clear on:
  • Each Zone contains a single Chaos Emerald. In other words, you can't just go through consecutive acts to get the Chaos Emeralds.
  • You need to collect 7 Special Rings in a single Act.
Yeah. That's why it sucks. For what it's worth, at the very least, when you get a Chaos Emerald, it auto-saves. So, you don't need to clear the Zone to have it saved. You can just quit, reset, go to the next zone.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Super Eggrobo Z is one of those bosses that can go either way. It can be a fast enough fight if you just go for the win or done slowly by taking out the hands. Once you beat those, the fight's over anyway unless you can't time the laser well.

Honestly, I found

spin dashing from the leftmost platform as it rises up to work best on this thing. You can even go for another quick hit with a normal jump since the center platform is ready to rise just as you land from the last hit.

Yep.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago I don't think I like these bosses
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago i said "water level" not "presence of water"
what is a water level if not a level with the presence of water
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

AUS wrote: 3 years ago
Cyril wrote: 3 years ago i said "water level" not "presence of water"
what is a water level if not a level with the presence of water
I think what they might be referring to is what is known in the SMW community as, Tide.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

The boss rush is further proof that the Sonic franchise is secretly just anthropomorphic MegaMan.

I guess no homage to the classic Sonic games would be complete without a boss fight where rings sometimes phase through the floor and doom you.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

THE RETURN
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Grounder

Re: So A Fox, A Rabbit, & Knuckles Walk Into A Bar - Advance 2 - Neon Genesis Evangelion 2

Post by Grounder »

NGE2 is a PS2/PSP game.

The Chao's name is Cheese.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Nast

Re: So A Fox, A Rabbit, & Knuckles Walk Into A Bar - Advance 2 - Neon Genesis Evangelion 2

Post by Nast »

Yeah it's true, SP rings notwithstanding the game wants you to forgo exploration and just go fast at all times. Combine that with the level design that's full of "gotcha" moments, like teasing you with an alternate path before dropping you down without a chance to react, and replaying levels ends up feeling like you're doing the exact same lap every time, unless you're actively trying to go off the beaten path. Makes the game less interesting imo

Btw it's not super useful but you can get an extra boost off of ramps if you press the jump button with just the right timing!
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

One of the really unfortunate aspects of Advance 2 is how, due to the nature of the gameplay, every character essentially plays the same. There's no incentive to explore with Tails or Knuckles like in Advance 1 because speed is the priority, and their stationary attacks are basically useless for the same reason. Cream has some more use as a boss killer thanks to Cheese, but it kinda sucks that the characters' individuality just isn't really compatible with this game. Even Amy is simplified since she can enter ball form in this game :(
Leet

Post by Leet »

oh my god i love cream
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Good thing that your single ring didn't clip off the top of the screen in that final boss raocow. In my experience, that's a very simple thing to have happen.
I have legitimately had more fun grating my skin off while using a cheese grater than playing that final boss.
ImageImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

knuckle's level start animation is making me very concerned about his right rotator cuff
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)