(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - Rebuild Of Pocket Adventure 2.0: You Can (Finally) Advance

Post by thatguyif »

So, curious: What emulator/core are you running? I ran this on mGBA recently, and I didn't have that stutter scrolling happen.

Something to note as well: You can perform R-Button mid-air tricks off those red flippy-swingy things. Something to keep in mind.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Re: All The S@nics - Advance 2 - Rebuild Of Pocket Adventure 2.0: You Can (Finally) Advance

Post by AuraLancer »

Youtube can't even screw up properly. Get it together!

Gotta say I keep being more and more fascinated by these GBA games.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I only remembered the Ice Paradise boss being tricky along with jumping out of those chutes on time as you really have to go earlier than you think. It was brutal going for the SP Rings, too. Tomorrow's the one that was the full-on nightmare in parts. It's got some great music at least.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

a cold day in heck
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

is this the game with the knuckles circle or was that advance 1
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago So, curious: What emulator/core are you running? I ran this on mGBA recently, and I didn't have that stutter scrolling happen.

Something to note as well: You can perform R-Button mid-air tricks off those red flippy-swingy things. Something to keep in mind.
I am also using mgba! It's weird because it's kinda rare. I looked at and changed a setting yesterday, we'll see if it helps.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

AUS wrote: 3 years ago is this the game with the knuckles circle or was that advance 1

wait until tonight

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

Really excited for tonight's video. I fully expect Sky Canyon to be a thing.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i expect a game over on the boss fight tbh
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

All the Knuckles Getting Duped By Eggmans:
  1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3(Sonic/Tails playthroughs)
  2. Sonic Triple Trouble
  3. Sonic Adventure(Sonic/Tails/Knuckles Stories)
  4. Sonic Pocket Adventure
  5. Sonic Advance 2
I like all these nice pixel art cutscene drawings, which if concept art is to go by were originally drawn in pencil! Buuut all the concept art for cutscenes are spoilers so you'll have to take my word for it.
Also, each cutscene panel sprite is unique... except one. (Mild light sensitivity warning, no spoilers)
Crow

Post by Crow »

Cyril wrote: 3 years ago i expect a game over on the boss fight tbh
correct
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Post by GenesisJames »

Glad to see the level went alright overall! Imagine, though, doing this level not knowing about the tricks. A lot of instances where you used the up-trick to stop your momentum would not be possible for someone who didn't know about it; you would have to fight the momentum or just fly off and die. There's also the infamous spot in Act 2 where you HAVE to do the up-trick or else you fall in a hole, which is a really strange design decision in a game that doesn't tell you about the tricks in-game. There's also tons of bottomless pits and those one-tile bouncy platforms, which doesn't help. Not to mention the boss that just decides to insta-kill you sometimes (I almost feel like that had to be a glitch or something). I honestly think this is the worst of it from what I remember, though; the later levels can be kinda annoying, but nothing like this imo
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Knuckles really isn't piloting the machine. He's trapped in it thanks to getting tricked again and is trying to punch his way out. And yes, that slap would've got you at the end. It's so annoying to time that boss knowing that it can one-shot you if it lands a fully direct hit whether you have rings or not. Don't know, but I just find it so cheap since it doesn't play by normal Sonic game rules.

And though it's not confirmed, Sky Canyon's pretty much all but a part of Angel Island since that's how Knuckles gets involved in Advance 2.
Knux.jpg
Knux.jpg (10.96 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

For future multiplayer GBA reference, Youtube can probably handle 3:1 video just fine. Or, just stack them sideways and make it 4:3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mxDNMmTrM
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

has youtube ever not handled an aspect ratio...? idgi
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

DinnerSonic wrote: 3 years ago Also, each cutscene panel sprite is unique... except one. (Mild light sensitivity warning, no spoilers)
Why do people animate GIFs so fast in situations such as this one? I'm not even talking light sensitivity, I'm talking the fact that it's impossible to actually view the difference because the frames move too fast. (And no, this is not a "gotta go fast" thing, this happens all the damn time outside Sonic)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago has youtube ever not handled an aspect ratio...? idgi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az9T0jKVhrM
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Leet

Post by Leet »

That looks the same as every other YT video
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I think this is the last time that Knuckles gets tricked by Eggman in canon?

Something about piloting a booty-slap machine on his own damn island must have really pissed him off.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

So 1:10 in the Sky Canyon video is when I hit the brick wall and had to learn about R-Button tricks. There, you have to use R+Up with Sonic. You don't, and you fall into the bottomless pit below. Going right immediately hits a wall. It was only after watching a YouTube playthrough that I learned about those moves.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I've never had any stuttering issues using Vba. Strange.
Also, this level sucks ass and while people say that you need to use tricks to beat it, I don't recall ever using them? Which you know, made the level suck even more ass.
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

sonic advance 2: now recognized as pac-man by youtube

anyway, remember the platform boss from pocket adventure? they kind of brought it back for this game
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the stuttering is apparently for very specific amd boards, so you just don't have one of those boards
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

now! that's what i call sonic advance 2!
Leet

Post by Leet »

I don't think I like these bosses