(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Re: Journey Of Omochao, Everyone's Favorite - SA² - Wow, That Was Scary. I'm Going Home To Watch TV!

Post by Veruchai »

vldx-cow: I'm skipping like a hundred of these level.
later-vldx-cow: I'm playing all levels but skipping the secret exits.
latest-vldx-cow: I might do the secret too if I feel like it.

sa2b-cow: I'm doing all normal and secret exits.
later-sa2b-cow: never mind I'm doing the 3 other exits also.
future-sa2b-cow: And also all chao garden stuff.

(it's kinda stupid but rescuing those chao's feels more emotionally important than getting magical keys or something)
(like, they are just sprites but can't let them be sad and alone, you know)
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Journey Of Omochao, Everyone's Favorite - SA² - Wow, That Was Scary. I'm Going Home To Watch TV!

Post by 10204307 »

Mata Hari wrote: 3 years ago Also something I didn't actually notice until I looked it up just now: the Happylizard has no back legs. Which seems like an obvious point of improvement for an ultimate lifeform
Shadow also has no back legs... I guess they never figured that part out.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: It could be that choosing to exit a stage from the pause menu doesn't save the game; if that's the case raocow might have a lot of retracing his steps to do.
It looks like I was right about this. On the bright side though, at least you know where everything is.

Anyway, I'm personally looking forward to seeing raocow play all the alternate missions in these stages. I'm interested in seeing how raocow handles these, especially once he gets to the more difficult stages. Also, it's been a very long time since I played anything other than the main missions; I feel like I have a general idea of where the lost chao are, but I don't remember the specifics, and I only have vague memories at best of the hard mode missions, so I'm interested to see those again. And of course, I'm getting to see more of my favourite Sonic game, which is also pretty great.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

The upper section of Security Hall looks so barren where there's literally nothing in it like on this chao mission
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

BEECA
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i'm sure someone asked when this lp started, but why is that missile even there
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

they were in the middle of testing whether their doors were explosive-proof when robotnik showed up and they had to mobilize

clearly they're not
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I always like hearing Eggman say "now you know why I am the best!" when he gets an A rank. Speaking of ranks, I'm looking forward to seeing all the exciting words raocow will end up spelling by doing all of the missions.

Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

This level is even easier than you made it, since you can skip a lot of it with aggressive hovering.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

speed shoes are good for timed missions

spindashing/rolling is an alright idea a lot of the time, especially if you have to go downhill

homing attack without a target is good for a quick regaining of lost momentum
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

never, Never understood why you gotta hold the button for so long before it lets you spindash. if you wanna somersault you'd want it to activate as soon after your initial press as possible, it doesn't make sense to have such a long "grace period" for the short press
LunarRainbowShyGuy

I was a bit surprised when raocow had no trouble with Iron Gate's timed mission, but now we're seeing the strict time limits I remember being part of this game. I guess maybe they just give you a lot of time in mech stages since they still want you to shoot lots of enemies to get points for an A rank.

Anyway, as people have already mentioned, using the Bounce Bracelet is a good way to get on the rails on the stairs; even if you miss, the stairs count as a slope, so they'll give you some forward speed, and you can quickly just bounce again to try to land on the rail without wasting a bunch of time.

Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - SA² - Happy yearaversary, All The S@nics!!!

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

BEECA
DAEDE
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Your mission is to mission. Don't fail the mission or this mission will self-destruct the mission. Am I mission anything over here?
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

You can cheese the truck with the spindash, but if you don't do it just right it rubberbands like a champ

Also, no one likes midair lightdashing ever and anyone who says they do is a cop
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Bean wrote: 3 years ago Your mission is to mission. Don't fail the mission or this mission will self-destruct the mission. Am I mission anything over here?
Just the mission, mission
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

raocow, first playthrough of City Escape: "This is one of the greatest first levels of any video game ever, look how amazing it is"
raocow, having to play all the missions: "Iron Gate is the better starting level"
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

"it's just city escape, how bad can it be" -me before watching this video
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

kitikami wrote: 3 years ago raocow, first playthrough of City Escape: "This is one of the greatest first levels of any video game ever, look how amazing it is"
raocow, having to play all the missions: "Iron Gate is the better starting level"
well hold on there

City Escape is one of the great first levels in terms of visceral impact

Iron Gate is just a lot nicer and easier to master :oops:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

raocow said: "You're talking a lot of shit for someone within range of Magic Hands"
ImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Wow, I forgot how aggressive the enemies get in hard mode. Also there's a lot more enemies in general, and there's some changes to the level to force you onto more difficult routes; they weren't messing around when they made hard mode for this level. Also...
Blivsey wrote: Also, no one likes midair lightdashing ever and anyone who says they do is a cop
I feel like it's a pretty fun maneuver to pull off, but then again I've played this game so much I feel like I could close my eyes and do it purely off of muscle memory, so my opinion probably isn't in the majority here. It's definitely something you just have to get a feel for how it works.

Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I was interested in checking out the Missions for this because I remembered that I did beat it (sans Last Story, for some reason?) and did get the level select, so why not. Turns out
- the Steam version doesn't cloudsave, so I'd have to rebeat everything on the new laptop
- the game runs at double speed

I did find a fix for the latter problem, which is caused by the game's runspeed apparently being tied to your display's refresh rate, which is a sick 120 Hz for this one so yeah, exactly double. Funnily enough, the sound is unaffected so it took me halfway through City Escape to realize that something was very off because Sonic goes fast yaknow that's how it's gotta be. Oh, but the voice lines are tied to who's speaking still so EVERYONE speaks over everyone else all the time instead of just sometimes, good fun

Anyway I'd have to change my display settings to half the norm every time I pick SA2 up and replay all the boring shit like the driving levels and just playing City Escape and Wild Canyon again made me realize a key thing: this game isn't actually very good, and raocow's doing a bang-up job of showing it off, so

whatever
Crow

Post by Crow »

sonic adventure 2 is the best sonic game actually
warpio

Post by warpio »

I don't know any of the super advanced speedrunner tricks or anything, but the trick I used to go fast on those City Escape rails is quite the opposite of what you'd think.

Use the bounce move to land on the rail and start grinding with a burst of momentum. Then DON'T crouch or even touch the control stick at all, and you'll go pretty fast down the whole thing.