(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Adventure 2 - And So I Said, "What Are You, Smokin' The Reefer Again?"

Post by Blivsey »

Matt is me wrote: 4 years ago Ok, I call bullshit on today's episode title. Yes, it has pumpkin in the title, and yes, it was released that same year, but it's absolutely cheating. You can't use the song that was in the level!!
here's the thing, tho
the soundtrack to Sonic Adventure 2 lists all the songs as "[title] ...for [stage]". e.g. "A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup ...for Pumpkin Hill" or "For True Story ...for Sonic vs. Shadow"

raocow could, technically, use the soundtrack for every single sa2 video and no one could object
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Adventure 2 - And So I Said, "What Are You, Smokin' The Reefer Again?"

Post by Piesonscreations »

It is canon that Knuckles is unable to feel throughout all of his story from the moment he shattered the master emerald, because as the song says, the great emerald's power allows (him) to feel.
kitikami wrote: 4 years ago There are schools in the U.S. that use an alternative grading scale where E is the top grade, especially for young children. One reason i've heard for the A-F system skipping E is because they didn't want it getting confused for "Exemplary/Excellent" in the other system (the other reason being that it's convenient for F to constitute a failing grade, though D can also count as failing depending on the school like Reecer was saying).
When are we moving to SSS for a 100% grade?
ImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Re: A Thousand Miles - SA2 - Can You Guys, Like, Stop Having Relationship Issues While I'm On The Phone With My Dentist?

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sega Facts!

The major reason for the Dreamcast's death was money, or Sega's lack of it. Over the years, the failure of the Sega Saturn in Western markets, the death of arcades, combined with other losing ventures led to Sega reporting a ¥35.6 billion loss for the financial year ending on the 31st March, 1998. While Sega blamed both the downturn in the Japanese economy and the West's refusal to support the Sega Saturn, Sega would continue to post net losses for the next five years until 2003

Sega lost money on every Dreamcast sold. This, while not unusual in the console market, was a severe problem as software attach rates were low, leading to poor sales and no way to recoup either marketing costs, network infrastructure costs, or just the R&D cash required to get it to market.

What made this even worse though, was piracy. While the unique GD-ROM format protected the Dreamcast for the first year, it contained one fatal flaw, one so bad many people actually thought it didn't even have copy protection. The Dreamcast had support for the Mil-CD standard, which included support for CD-R media, and was intended to be used for karaoke. As a part of booting, the Dreamcast scrambled and then unscrambled the boot image on game discs by copying it into memory, and hackers found that if you simply burned the scrambled data in the Dreamcast's memory onto the CD image itself, the Dreamcast would unscramble it and boot the game, bypassing every single other security measure. Then, on the 22nd of June, 2000, a cracking group known as "Utopia" released the first Dreamcast "boot disc" - a CD-R disc that would bypass the console's security measures. Once the bootup process was finished, the disc could then be swapped out for a CD-R with a game burned onto it without even a glimmer of issue. Now, while the lower storage capacity of CD-R meant bigger games had to compress or cut their audio to fit, the vast majority of games would otherwise function fine.

Sega scrambled to rip CD-R compatibility right out of the Dreamcast, but while spokesmen claimed this was done by Autumn 1999, actual evidence shows that the entire first two years of production were vulnerable. This took a big bite out of the Dreamcast's already poor software sales figures, digging Sega deeper into a mountain of debt they couldn't claw their way out of.

Fun Level Facts!

To Find Big, play through the level until you get to a bridge surrounded by collapsing pillars. Cross it, and you'll arrive at a collapsed road where you have to jump over it to continue. Instead, drop down, and look left. You'll see Big sitting happily on a support beam.
Grounder

Re: A Thousand Miles - SA2 - Can You Guys, Like, Stop Having Relationship Issues While I'm On The Phone With My Dentist?

Post by Grounder »

i really wish they just disabled attack moves in the garden :ehh:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So raocow just kinda deleted the existence of Radical Highway from his brain after finishing it with Shadow, huh?
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Date of Birth: None
Place of Birth: None
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Blivsey wrote: Date of Birth: None
Place of Birth: None
Tails just willed himself into existence at the beginning of time.

The music for Mission Street I feel is way to cheery and upbeat for what's going on.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Height: Small

Real precise info, GUN henchmen.
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Complexion: Fox
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This is a level that I really like. It's a counterpart to Radical Highway, with bits of City Escape thrown in the mix, but rather than running around as a hedgehog you're in a mech, and I was just saying yesterday how I like when level counterparts use different character types. I also really like the music here; I'm seeing people say that it seems a bit cheery for what's going on, but I feel like it has more of a hopeful vibe, as if it's saying "we're gonna find a way out of this mess". Getting back to things I like about this level, it's time for the cherry on top, which is the parts of the road that are falling apart. I always love seeing things collapse, and this is no exception.

TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago Complexion: Fox
Do you see any other people with that complexion?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

TiKi wrote: 4 years ago
i mean his race is already listed as fox

are there any foxes with the complexion of a cockatoo running around that i should know about?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago

are there any foxes with the complexion of a cockatoo running around that i should know about?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago

those are four

try again some other time!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Adventure 2 - Hey, What's Up, Good Lookin'? Also, Hi, Amy.

Post by Crow »

Someday I'd love to see a fully three-dimensional map of this stage. It's kind of awful in terms of exploring as it's one hub with a bunch of branching linear paths shooting off from it but also it's just a super neat level design that I still get lost in despite theoretically not being really *that* complex?
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
AlchemistHohenheim

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Adventure 2 - Hey, What's Up, Good Lookin'? Also, Hi, Amy.

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So the Air Necklace. The Air Necklace is technically an optional upgrade. You can beat the game without it, in theory. Except the endgame/postgame thing raocow alluded to in tonight's video is a massive pain in the ass without it (apparently even more so in the Dreamcast version, if one of the SA2 -> SA2:B changes listed on the Sonic Wiki is to be believed).
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Aquatic Mine was always my least favorite level. Water level puzzles are terrible in general, but it's not overly hard necessarily, it's just... boring. Really boring. Feels like filler tacked on to the game.

Also ghosts because why not?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Because ghosts are the main antagonist of knuckles story. This is simply the canon
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finally caught up again after stopping near the end of the Dark Story. Let's see here...

City Escape and Metal Harbor are great levels for speed. One does not jam on the jump button in SA2 because the game's homing attack needs a bit more time to charge up, so to say. In other words, if you do that jump+jump deal, it won't home in on anything. That's why the Shadow fight was so silly for you. Green Forest exists, I think it's a low point for Sonic's levels.

Tails' levels are fine. There's one exception, but it's not the ones you've done so far. Those are pretty fun. I've never liked the treasure hunting levels in either Adventure game, but Wild Canyon's cool. Aquatic Mine is one of the lowest points of the whole game though, and of course, that's the last video in this string to catch up on outside of Final Chase which I just watched now. Woo.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

don't call me knuckles; gimme the box
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

It seems like this isn't really a popular level, but I for one like this level a lot. I happen to like mazes, so naturally the maze like level would appeal to me. I'm surprised there aren't more treasure hunting levels like this; most of the others are either really wide open, or they consist of relatively simple linear passageways. Or maybe I'm just overestimating the complexity of this place; despite my familiarity with most of this game I never did fully learn the layout of this place, and the large amount of time since I last played isn't really helping me remember.

Another thing I like about this level, at least in concept, is the ability to change the water level. In my experience though you can just set the water level to the lowest point and there's a good chance you won't have to change it again, although given how many people I've seen say this is their least favourite level, perhaps it's for the best that this level isn't anymore complicated than it already is. On the note of this being a water level, the upgrade that lets Knuckles breathe underwater is here, and I like the way this is hidden. When I saw that raocow was on the path leading to it I got excited to see how things would turn out, and it was as thrilling as I expected.

I also really like the music here, even if I initially found the lyrics somewhat nonsensical due to me mishearing them. Of all of Knuckles's songs this is the one I misheard the most, providing highlights such as Knuckles being terrible with laundry ('sure beats fighting with your clothes all the time'), Knuckles stating the obvious ('I'm the protector and the emerald's a gem'), and Knuckles being awful at keeping track of things ('don't call me Knuckles, there's nothing I can't lose'). Actually that last one seems somewhat accurate given that this is the second time now that Knuckles has had to scour the world for pieces of the one thing he's supposed to be protecting.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: A Thousand Miles - Adventure 2 - I Will Never Watch Your Vine Compilations, 'Cause They Suck!

Post by Crow »

car crime
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Re: A Thousand Miles - Adventure 2 - I Will Never Watch Your Vine Compilations, 'Cause They Suck!

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

The President is a recurring character in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise.

Yes.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Mr/Madame President is how people address the president in the U.S. It deliberately sounds generic since the early political leaders were adamant about not having titles of nobility and wanted a humble title to contrast with European monarchs (some did want a more elegant title, but they were overruled).

Robotnik's mech not being able to fly is weird since he flies around in mechs all the time when he's not a player character, but even that pales in comparison to Tails needing an upgrade just to hover when his mech is actually a plane.