(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - MechWarrior 2 - 31st Century Combat

Post by Awoo »

I love how the F-6t BIG FOOT Walker is a straight up rip-off of the CPLT-C1 Catapult battlemech from the BattleTech universe
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kurt91

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Adventure 2 - One Polygon

Post by kurt91 »

Something just occurred to me. Sonic never was arrested out of mistaken identity at all! Let's look over everything we've seen so far...

1: The crime committed was stealing a Chaos Emerald. Sonic has a consistent track record of saving the world using the Chaos Emeralds. Even if we assume that the world is only aware of the incident involving Perfect Chaos, Sonic still has publicly saved the world. On top of that, the Super Sonic transformation scene has the entire off-screen population of Station Square audibly cheering him on. We know for a fact that Sonic is a publicly-renowned hero who specifically uses the Chaos Emerald to save the world. Even if Sonic stole the Chaos Emerald, his public track-record would warrant if not the benefit of the doubt, some simple questioning before going as far as a full criminal arrest. Sonic's reaction and escape in the Hero Story opening cutscene with the helicopter shows that it was a full arrest, and not just asking him to come and question him about what's happened.

2: GUN is not only responsible for funding Gerald Robotnik's research as well as the ARK space colony, but they had Shadow personally under lock-down with enough security that proves that they not only know of his existence, but also how powerful he is. If he were to ever escape his initial cell, all of Iron Gate at the very least would seal up to prevent him from getting away. For this, they'd have to have a full record about him including pictures to show what he looks like, so that all of the guards would know who they were guarding. (If you want to argue that the guards may not have clearance for full pictures, a verbal description of Shadow as "BLACK HEDGEHOG" would surely be told to the guards so they at least know who to shoot. Dark Story's "Iron Gate" level takes place before Sonic was arrested, so the guards would have to know to not shoot at just any anthropomorphic character. Rouge works for GUN already, and there's always the possibility of a collaboration with Sonic, so they would need something for "Shoot on Sight" orders, and know when to at least ask for identification and proof of clearance before shooting.)

Sonic was arrested by GUN, the same group that already know of Shadow's identity and appearance, during the day where they don't even have the excuse that it was dark and they mistook one for the other. They go full military attack involving robot walkers and the City Escape semi-truck, so they're attacking with enough force that they don't seem to care about collateral damage or civilian casualties. This wasn't a mistaken-identity arrest, this is a full-on government cover-up! If it was an arrest, given Sonic's MO, they'd most likely post additional guards and security around the remaining Chaos Emeralds (If not move them entirely to a more secure location) and question Tails, Amy, and Knuckles. (Especially Tails since he's already known to possess a Chaos Emerald)They wouldn't attack in a public location at this scale if it was Eggman, either. (Proven with Rouge's involvement in the story, they'd go with more precision as well as try to figure out what he's up to. Otherwise, Rouge would be commanding an equally-massive military unit when meeting Eggman rather than act as intelligence.)

This is a cover-up, to wipe out any and all witnesses, to hide their funding and knowledge of Project Shadow, Space Colony ARK, and the Eclipse Cannon from the public. They arrested Sonic as a scapegoat, since the public isn't yet aware of Shadow and they could claim that Sonic was the one who did the crime and that anybody who saw otherwise was simply mistaken. After all, as far as the public knows, the only speed-based super-powered hedgehog is Sonic. (Amy doesn't display actual powers until Heroes, it's just proficiency with a giant hammer so far.)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I mean, that's what I was thinking the whole time, but we don't actually know the details of Shadow's backstory yet. Because we haven't played final story yet.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - MechWarrior 2 - 31st Century Combat

Post by thatguyif »

Awoo wrote: 3 years ago I love how the F-6t BIG FOOT Walker is a straight up rip-off of the CPLT-C1 Catapult battlemech from the BattleTech universe
I mean, Battletech rips off mechs from other franchises, why not let it get ripped off for a change?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Hey, we don't know what happened before the events of SA2. Maybe Sonic did commit some crime that we didn't see 👀
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago Hey, we don't know what happened before the events of SA2. Maybe Sonic did commit some crime that we didn't see 👀
My money is on Speeding, Vigilantism, Terrorism, or Aeronautical related crimes(airspace violations, unlicensed flying, undocumented airplane operation).
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

It would've have better if Eggman had pitched up on the assumption that the Master Emerald is the only thing that might stop his evil plan, rather than being like 'maybe I could use it for something, somewhere, I dunno'
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

xnamkcor wrote: 3 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 3 years ago Hey, we don't know what happened before the events of SA2. Maybe Sonic did commit some crime that we didn't see 👀
My money is on Speeding, Vigilantism, Terrorism, or Aeronautical related crimes(airspace violations, unlicensed flying, undocumented airplane operation).
Actually he just committed

:catcrime:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I just assumed Sonic was arrested for something unrelated to Shadow or the chaos emeralds and probably related to the casual disregard for human life or consequence of any sort he displayed while tearing through the city during his escape.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics & Knockles - Dredd - I am the law

Post by Awoo »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago
Awoo wrote: 3 years ago I love how the F-6t BIG FOOT Walker is a straight up rip-off of the CPLT-C1 Catapult battlemech from the BattleTech universe
I mean, Battletech rips off mechs from other franchises, why not let it get ripped off for a change?
In this case I'd say that at least BattleTech came first. Please feel free to prove me wrong, though :absorbtion:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kincyr
HONK!

Re: A Thousand Miles - Adventure 2 - I AM The Police

Post by Kincyr »

I have no idea whether or not raocow is aware that the Y-button cycles his B-button action, effectively allowing you to pick up or pet a chao at will (unlike Sonic Adventure the first where Y was a dedicated Pick-up button)

also worth noting is that Tails can fly in the Chao Garden (well, he actually just hovers without getting tired but details).

be careful though 'cause if a Chao decides to fly to you, your tails technically constitute an attack

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Before the battle, Eggman says something along the lines of "Hahaha! You're just a kid! You couldn't possibly" and then starts screaming because I'm shooting him already at that point

also i love how amy's theme from sa1 is in the game for cutscene use even though amy isn't playable in the story
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

For reasons absolutely no one can figure out, the Hornets (bomb-launching eye robots) in Prison Lane are lacking their warning sound before they fire. This is the only level in the game with this problem.

Fun Level Facts!

To find Big in Prison Lane, get to the first checkpoint, then check out the left side of the tunnel right before the long elevator ride,, Big will be sitting in the second to last cell on the left, for reasons unknown.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I really like the music in all of Tails's stages, although these songs are the type of songs that I really like but I have a hard time remembering. I remember most of these songs pretty well after hearing them countless times, and yet there are still some parts where I just can't remember what comes next. Even now, having watched raocow play through Prison Lane maybe ten minutes ago, I find myself unable to fully piece together that stage's music in my mind.

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Just imagine how poweful Tails would be if he had kept his arsenal.
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: A Thousand Miles - Adventure 2 - I AM The Law

Post by Awoo »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 3 years ago Big will be sitting in the second to last cell on the left, for reasons unknown.
He clearly didn't have a permit to go fishing on Prison Island
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Dark Hunter

Re: All The S@nics - Adventure 2 - Just Kidding, I'm Better Than You. I'm Better Than Everyone!

Post by Dark Hunter »

So I never knew about these Big cameos, and I looked it up, and apparently he's not in the GCN version (SA2:Battle) at all.

Seems like there are quite a lot of differences... some improved textures and models, but on the other hand the lighting effects seem to have taken a nosedive.

And apparently the Chao Garden was MASSIVELY expanded in the Gamecube. I don't mean the actual size of the gardens, but there's something like double the content in Battle's Chao Garden.

Sometimes surprising, the things they change. Though looking at the lighting problems in Battle, along with the multitude of glitches, weird voice lines, etc... I have to wonder, does Sonic Team know there's such a thing as QA?
Kincyr
HONK!

Re: All The S@nics - Adventure 2 - Just Kidding, I'm Better Than You. I'm Better Than Everyone!

Post by Kincyr »

Dark Hunter wrote: 3 years ago So I never knew about these Big cameos, and I looked it up, and apparently he's not in the GCN version (SA2:Battle) at all.
not quite true. while he was removed from levels

and as a playable character in 2P mode

, he still has a random chance of appearing in cutscenes during Dark and Last stories.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

more*
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Big's actually really easy to find in Metal Harbour! You need to get to the last checkpoint before you go for a rocket ride. Once there, he's on a fuel tank next to the Chao Box, happily fishing the day away.

Next Time: Fun Dreamcast Facts!
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - Adventure 2 - Just Kidding, I'm Better Than You. I'm Bigger Than Everyone!

Post by Awoo »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 3 years ago
Blivsey wrote: 3 years agomore*
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Re: All The S@nics - Adventure 2 - Just Kidding, I'm Better Than You. I'm Bigger Than Everyone!

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Awoo wrote: 3 years ago
Blivsey wrote: 3 years agomore*
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 3 years ago
Awoo wrote: 3 years ago