(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Batting A Thousand - Adventure 2 - no joke, i just despise this level

Post by FourteenthOrder »

I now kinda want to see someone edit the SA1 playthrough to follow the original thesis to see how many episodes that would have been.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago A real AtS episode would've been just the Tails fight.
you are not wrong, I feel like I missed up :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

the problem is that "bosses immediately following levels" have been counted as part of the level in the Adventure videos up to this point (see numerous examples in 1, but also the GUN boss in the first video of 2.) This is all well and good - except raocow's stopping the videos after he's done in the chao garden in most cases, so he has no way of knowing if there's going to be a level-appending boss coming up next. So Tails would not have been his own video, if the chao garden wasn't a thing. On the other hand leaving the chao garden to watch cutscenes just to check isn't really an elegant solution.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago
Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago A real AtS episode would've been just the Tails fight.
you are not wrong, I feel like I missed up :(
you did the same thing for the boss after iron gate you gotta follow patterns

i mean also a true AtS episode would've split the sonic/knuckles into chaos 4 fights up, and the levels with bosses immediately after them like egg viper and egg walker as well

also: i prefer it the way it is being done
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
churine

Post by churine »

a true ats would've split wandering in the overworld looking for the ice stone and icecap :mgmn8:
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Leet wrote: 3 years ago the problem is that "bosses immediately following levels" have been counted as part of the level in the Adventure videos up to this point (see numerous examples in 1, but also the GUN boss in the first video of 2.) This is all well and good - except raocow's stopping the videos after he's done in the chao garden in most cases, so he has no way of knowing if there's going to be a level-appending boss coming up next. So Tails would not have been his own video, if the chao garden wasn't a thing. On the other hand leaving the chao garden to watch cutscenes just to check isn't really an elegant solution.
Oh, I agree that it follows modern AtS rules, but if we were still doing things like at the start, he probably would've savestated at the end of the fight. It was a joke though, raocow. Don't worry about it.
ImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Re: All Of Sh@d@w - Adventure 2 - I'm Gonna Change The Frequency To Your Wife

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Boss Facts!

The text scrolling in before the FLYING DOG fight reads as follows:

General Characteristics

Combat weight: 89.800 lbs.
Dimensions
Full length: 11.9 ft.
Width: 15.8 ft.
Height: 11.4 ft.
Wingspan: 38 ft.
Power Plant: Seven GUN F-series turbofan engines / Two GUN RX-01 turbofan engines with afterburners
Speed: 160 mph
Thrust: R1-B/C. 10.000 pounds each engine.
Cooling: 32.000 H
Range: 2.400 miles.

Armament

One 200mmm Long-Range Beam Cannon
One M-32A1 22mm Gatling gun
Two four AIM-120C Advanced Medium-Range air-to-surface Missiles
External stations can carry up 10 conventional airt-to-air and air-to-surface munitions and electronic contermeasure pods.

Crew: R1-A: One. R1-B/C: Two.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I have never seen someone have this specific problem with this boss :lol:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Nope, this boss is easy. You just have to go faster and normal glide to damage. The strategy of "wait and hope it finishes its missiles/laser so I can dive bomb it" is just not good.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

:cry:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All Of Sh@d@w - Adventure 2 - rao's homemade

Post by Awoo »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago:cry:
we love you, raocow

<3 :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Looks like raocow had some trouble with this boss, but at least he did better than my first time fighting this thing, where I didn't know you're supposed to climb the fences in order to attack it, so I just sat there dodging its attacks until I eventually gave up and looked up how you're supposed to beat this thing. Kid me may not have been the smartest person around.

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

I mean, considering how much of an easy time was had with Security Hall, this may just be the universe attempting to restore balance
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

You know this was before Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) because otherwise they would've used their 1 curse word in the game for Shadow to say "bitch" instead of "troublemaker"
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Piesonscreations wrote: 3 years ago You know this was before Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) because otherwise they would've used their 1 curse word in the game for Shadow to say "bitch" instead of "troublemaker"
Not motherfucker? Or just fucker?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Though originally meant to be released in early spring, Sonic Adventure 2 was delayed to June 23rd, 2001, the extra months of dev time allowing Adventure 2 the serendipitous honour of being released on Sonic's tenth anniversary. To celebrate this auspicious occasion, a limited-edition version was also released, dubbed the Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack. The collection came in special fold-out packaging containing a music CD, a history book about Sonic, and a golden coin (Not A Ring) etched with the visage of Sonic.

Fun Level Facts!

Unlike every other level, Big can actually be found in two places in White Jungle!

the first one is right after the third checkpoint. Once you grab the last vine, look to the right while the camera tilts and you'll see Big napping on a tree branch.

After that though, head to the Goal Ring, but then walk past it to the north edge of the platform. Look left, and you'll see Big sitting up on a tree to the left.
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 3 years ago Fun Sonic Facts!

Though originally meant to be released in early spring, Sonic Adventure 2 was delayed to June 23rd, 2001, the extra months of dev time allowing Adventure 2 the serendipitous honour of being released on Sonic's tenth anniversary.
A Sonic game actually being delayed for a milestone rather than rushed? Well I never
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Since raocow mentioned liking the music here, now seems like a good time for me to say that I used to not like the music in Shadow's stages. Over time though I slowly started to appreciate them, and now I think they're pretty alright. On that note, I like the fact that each character has a different style of music that plays in their levels; I feel like it helps make each character's stages feel unique, even when comparing stages of characters who share the same gameplay.

Also, the light-speed dash no longer requires charging up, and I love this change; it just makes it feel so much better. Even in just this stage, where you only have to use it twice: here you can do it in a blink of an eye, whereas if this was Sonic Adventure 1 you'd have to sit there and charge it up, use it, and then have to wait while you charge it up again just to get past something that only takes a second in Sonic Adventure 2. The only problem, which raocow pointed out, is that having the magnet shield makes it pretty awkward, but fortunately it's rather uncommon from what I remember, and worst case scenario you can just get hit on purpose to lose it.

Also, yeah, the time limit for this stage might as well just be a decoration, and I have no idea why it's so generous. The best thing I can think of is that they wanted to give people time to look around and find all the animals and the three chao boxes hidden throughout the stage, which now that I say it actually sounds somewhat plausible, but maybe that's just because everything else I thought of while thinking about this ranged from baseless speculation to obviously false.

Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Personally, I think that if you were to engineer the perfect life form, and not give it an absurdly flexible spine, that would be a massive oversight.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Having just caught up on the series I have to make one thing clear: a real 'ultimate life-form' would know the phrase is 'couldn't care less'.
Heavy Sigh

Re: Batting A Thousand - Adventure 2 - Yeah, Take This Weed. It's All Yours!

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Due to laziness in coding all speed up effects in Sonic Adventure 2, collecting two Speed Shoes powerups will gift the player with a permanent speed up that persists across lives and even restarts.

This is because the game simply pastes the player's current max speed into a variable when they pick up a Speed Shoes powerup, and then copies it back once the shoes run out. If one collects a second Speed Shoes powerup, the raised speed cap overwrites the first value, so when it runs out, the game simply copies the now raised value back to the max speed, and the player becomes permanently sped up.

This is actually even easier to do as Sonic and Shadow, as they can forgo collecting a second Speed Shoes powerup and simply charge a Light Attack instead, as it is coded to force them to adopt a lower max speed while copying their current max speed, and then copies their previous speed back once the attack is executed.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

happy silver the hedgehog's head day for anyone that still applies to :partygator:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Now. Now is the time to post this meme.

Who has the most?
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

raocow asked "Why aren't they taking these villains and their planet destroying weapon seriously."

He asks this during a real pandemic that threatens millions; and the United States is currently flailing about like a nation sized fish.

Eggman just didn't expect people to act this dumb.