(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The E.G.G.M.E.N. - Adventure 2 - You Didn't Think I Had Legs, Did You? I'm Like Gru, Except I'm The One Before G

Post by Blivsey »

And then

Mephiles and Infinite

happened
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: All The E.G.G.M.E.N. - Adventure 2 - You Didn't Think I Had Legs, Did You? I'm Like Gru, Except I'm The One Before G

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago And then

Mephiles and Infinite

happened

Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

raocow: "Well, at least Omochao got hit by the explosion"

Anytime Omochao gets hurt is a good thing.

Regarding Shadow, as hilariously edgy as he is, I do still like him overall. My big complaint is how they kept retreading the same ground with him for like five games before giving him any real development.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

i'm trying desperately to do an impression of the dub eggman but i can't get anywhere close

Post by Reecer7 »

it really was for the better that shadow looks nothing like sonic and it is impossible to confuse the two :v at least given that he became a major character afterward. if they had used one of those lame pseudosonic designs, he certainly wouldn't have gotten his own game. i mean, i hope???
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: i'm trying desperately to do an impression of the dub eggman but i can't get anywhere close

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Reecer7 wrote: 4 years ago it really was for the better that shadow looks nothing like sonic and it is impossible to confuse the two :v at least given that he became a major character afterward. if they had used one of those lame pseudosonic designs, he certainly wouldn't have gotten his own game. i mean, i hope???
I mean, they could've started off with the same silhouette when he was awakened from hibernation and then diverged them via any number of plot mechanisms, either gradually or after an incident, chaos energy, all sorts

But that would require making two models and adding more dialogue, and it's easier to just leave the script as-is with everyone extremely short-sighted and colourblind instead with the Cooler design
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Also I think some of the mistaken identity stuff is justified for spoiler reasons that i will say later
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Batting A Thousand - Adventure 2 - Eggman, I Found Your Weed Supplier Through Your Twitter Account, Thanks, Man

Post by KobaBeach »

Cloaytonem2 wrote: 4 years ago Sega in all their wisdom decided to call their brand new ghost enemy a Boo. The name no one else used for ghost enemies ever.
in their defense like, mario boos are called teresa (or telesa, if you will) in japan

that's a girl's name here (equivalent of theresa, therese) but i still always found it cuter than just boo
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

SEGA had big plans for the reveals of Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat, successfully keeping players in the dark about who the "Mysterious Black Hedgehog" was and Rouge's entire existence. At least, they were successful until, of all things, a toy company pulled the rug out from under them.

The American toy company ReSaurus, having been the production arm behind some genuinely high quality figures of the Sonic Adventure 1 cast, sent out a press release in early 2001 announcing a third wave of Sonic Adventure figures featuring the two new cast members of the sequel and their names. Ironically, the figures would never see the light of day as the company, struggling financially for a long time, went out of business shortly after the press release.

It was only after this leak, a scant few months before the release of the game that Shadow was officially named, with a media push beginning in April of 2001 also introducing Rouge the Bat as a playable character, and finally showing that, "Tails" would indeed be in the final game, albeit with a suspiciously similar control scheme to another character...

Fun Level Facts!

Big's actually hidden right at the start of Weapons Bed! Head to the end of the first boat, and look at the south garage. You'll see Big on the roof, staring at something while on his hands and knees.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

When the game uses the word "Team", it's not the normal word. It's referring to the nomenclature for a group or gathering of Sonic The Hedgehog characters.

Edit: Remember the time raocow went to a kindergarten and tried to take a child?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

tomorrow: arguably the worst level in the game, not that mad space and meteor herd aren't also contenders
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

security hall

is mostly a fine level tbh

that just arbitraily has a time limit for no real reason idk

today: Y'ALL LIKE BOATS AND NONDESCRIPT WALKWAYS? YEEHAW
this is my vote for least interesting level in the game. not the worst. but there's just nothing going on in it.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago When the game uses the word "Team", it's not the normal word. It's referring to the nomenclature for a group or gathering of Sonic The Hedgehog characters.
Also, the game doesn't use the word "Team". nyoro~n
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

This is just a fun go-shoot-things level and you know what? That's valid. Blow things up! Make explosions! The powerup here isn't fancy, it just makes your gun better! And you can use it to get another powerup that isn't fancy and just makes your gun better!

shame it's undercut by robots jumping you from offscreen and camping on platforms you need to awkwardly hover to
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Almost caught back up thanks to those hour-long Shuffle vids taking forever to sit through even at double speed. SA2's all right, but I only know it from the Gamecube version. This and the next one they made were pretty fun, although I'll never like the treasure hunting levels outside of a few exceptions.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

So, what is stopping Eggman from just attaching a gun to his flying saucer and going through the levels like that?

Also, Meteor Herd gets to be as bad as it wants because of the good music.
ImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago Meteor Herd The entire Sonic franchise gets to be as bad as it wants because of the good music.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This level might not have a whole lot going on, but I find it fun to blow up all the inactive robots and get several perfect score bonuses in the process. Also, it looks like you can die really fast in these mech levels if you're not careful. It's been a long time since I died in one of these levels by running out of health, so it was a bit surprising seeing just how quickly that health bar can go down.

First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

I think starting with Dark Story is a pretty neat way of doing it, because it technically does start first chronologically! The first cutscene with Sonic and Shadow comes at the end of the first level of Hero Story, but Dark Story has stuff happen before that.

Although there is a sort of weird thing about the game where the Sonic/Shadow cutscene comes after the Knuckles/Rouge cutscene in Dark Story, but before it in Hero Story... It would probably make more sense if they had moved Radical Highway between Iron Gate and Sand Ocean, but then there would be an even longer stretch of levels where you don't play as Shadow.

I guess maybe you could interpret it as City Escape/Wild Canyon/Dry Lagoon happening simultaneously, with Sand Ocean happening as Sonic is fighting the mech at the end of City Escape, and then Radical Highway starting right after Sand Ocean and finishing up just as Sonic beats the mech. It's hard to wrap my mind around it. Maybe someone's made a timeline for this game?
Grounder

Re: Batting A Thousand - Adventure 2 - no joke, i just despise this level

Post by Grounder »

All they had to do to make Security Hall work was either lift the radar nerf for a single level, or not have a time limit. As it is, it's big, there are too many safes that take time to open, and parts of it are probably going to kill you at least once.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

A little while after the first playable demo of Sonic Adventure 2 was released as a pack in with Phantasy Star Online, Sega announced that they had a deal with Soap Shoes to use a modded version of their special shoe design as the official footwear of Sonic the Hedgehog. As Soap Shoes were created specifically to make grinding on rails easy, and since grinding was a big bullet point on the back of Sonic Adventure 2's box, the advertising deal made perfect sense. This also was the first time the average consumer could get their hands on Sonic's shoes.

The deal only lasted for one game though, as the amiable relationship between the companies fell apart and Soap slid into decline and eventual dissolution.

Fun Level Facts!

To find Big in Security Hall, once you start the level, jump over the right rail and get to the fans at the upper left corner close to the wall. Under the fans, Big is holding onto the wall below. If you want, you can Drill Drive under the floor, then glide towards the central pillar for a better look at him, but since he's below the death plain, actually trying to get to Big will just kill you.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I don't think "treasure hunter" is that weird, but we usually call them archeologists. Or "thieves".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_property
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

It's interesting realizing how little I actually knew about this game compared to the first.
I vaguely knew about Maria and Eclipse Cannon codenamed Eclipse Cannon, at least.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

"Set the timer for 15 minutes!"
"Five minutes should be plenty!"
Rouge, why must you do this to me.

So this level is a thing, and I definitely had a lot of trouble with the time limit when I was young. Although now this is actually my favourite of Rouge's levels. I love the music here, and the concept of going up to the switch room to open the safes is a neat idea that I personally enjoy. I also really like going through the area with all the lasers (where raocow kept dying). Also, in the context of going for A ranks the time limit isn't really an issue; if you take so long that you run out of time you probably weren't getting an A rank anyway.

After seeing how raocow played the first two Rouge levels I was wondering whether he would have trouble here or not. It turns out he did have some trouble; not because of the time limit, but because of a misunderstanding of how these levels work. The emeralds don't stay in the same place when you die, but here it just so happened that it appeared in the same general area every time.

Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 4 years ago "Set the timer for 15 minutes!"
"Five minutes should be plenty!"
Rouge, why must you do this to me.
She just knows Eggman's the type to say 15 minutes, but then say shit like "What in the world are you doing? You took LONGER than you're supposed to!" after only 3.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

A real AtS episode would've been just the Tails fight.
ImageImage