(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: All The S@nics - Shuffle - Bored Gaming during a thing

Post by thatguyif »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Elements of this seriously strike me as a failed "NiGHTS into Dreams" sequel, from the designs of the characters unique to it to the entire thing being themed around dreams and the settings the game boards are based off of.

...there's no way this isn't a failed NiGHTS into Dreams sequel. The way the creatures you fight, especially the precioustone creatures materialize, reminds me seriously of the way things in NiGHTS play out. Precioustones are basically Ideya in this, and Void is kinda like the Reala to Lumina's NiGHTS

...please tell me I'm not the only one to notice this
You bring shame to its good name :science:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - Shuffle - Bored Game

Post by Grounder »

And now, the Sonic Shuffle experience.
sonicshuffle.png
sonicshuffle.png (20.62 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
This has been the Sonic Shuffle experience.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S@nics - Shuffle - Bored Gaming dreaming a thing

Post by Awoo »

thatguyif wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Elements of this seriously strike me as a failed "NiGHTS into Dreams" sequel, from the designs of the characters unique to it to the entire thing being themed around dreams and the settings the game boards are based off of.

...there's no way this isn't a failed NiGHTS into Dreams sequel. The way the creatures you fight, especially the precioustone creatures materialize, reminds me seriously of the way things in NiGHTS play out. Precioustones are basically Ideya in this, and Void is kinda like the Reala to Lumina's NiGHTS

...please tell me I'm not the only one to notice this
You bring shame to its good name :science:
I don't think much can tarnish Sonic Shuffle's good name nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago People have achieved great things by saying 'As God is my witness, I am going to do what I set out to do, as much as I suffer, and as much as others don't or can't appreciate it.'

The definition of 'great' is of course quite flexible here
Really too bad then that he can't play the Treadmill game or the Slot machine then. That would've been fun to watch him suffer at :P
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

So, once Shuffle is done, want to do a bonus video where you revisit "Sonic the Fighters" for a single episode, so you can let off some steam just physically beating the snot out of the cast of this game?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

remember, if you use the x1.5 or x2 speed settings on youtube's player, you cheated not only the video but yourself. you
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I was angry before about Illumina declaring cold things to be inherently bad but now the story's making it pretty clear that Void really is just putting in things he thinks are neat and Illumina is just framing him as antagonistic for having different tastes than the status quo. Illumina represents traditional ideals of beauty being upheld by the state as objective, while Void represents the postmodern freedom of us all having our own aesthetic opinions that are not bound by societal consensus
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Someone in the Sonic 06 development team looked at the running-through-the-jungle minigame of Sonic Shuffle and decided that this is what the game needed
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I'm really enjoying this part of the series for some reason
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Since you asked at the end of the second video:

There are two known speedruns of this game in Story Mode, according to Speedrun.com. First place is 3:47:54 (with Knuckles), second is 5:20:58 (with Tails)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Re: All The S@nics - Shuffle Eats Mario & Savant - Can't Wake Up

Post by Piesonscreations »

So, what you're saying this falls into the category of watching the CPU play the game? Not a "Let me Play" or a "Let's Play" - A "Let 'em Play", colloquially known as a "L'm'Play"
ImageImage
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

I just got caught up and watched yesterday's video, and had a bit of a nervous thought when I heard raocow cheering about being past the midway point of the game.

This was made by the same guys who made Mario Party. If I remember right, the first Mario Party game had the "Eternal Star" board that was a pain in the neck to unlock. This game doesn't have anything similar where it makes you unlock the real final board after doing something insane like collecting 1,000,00 Rings or beating a Mini-Game Mode or something, does it? Given how the Chaos Emeralds are treated starting with the Adventure games, it does sound like something this game would do.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I feel like if this was a thing, someone at some point would have said something
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago I just got caught up and watched yesterday's video, and had a bit of a nervous thought when I heard raocow cheering about being past the midway point of the game.

This was made by the same guys who made Mario Party. If I remember right, the first Mario Party game had the "Eternal Star" board that was a pain in the neck to unlock. This game doesn't have anything similar where it makes you unlock the real final board after doing something insane like collecting 1,000,00 Rings or beating a Mini-Game Mode or something, does it? Given how the Chaos Emeralds are treated starting with the Adventure games, it does sound like something this game would do.
nah. Just beat a board to get to the next, and once you beat the 5th you win.

There ARE 4 unlockable characters with their own special abilities, but they're not particularly hard to get--rao could probably unlock them right now if he wanted--you just gotta buy the correct photos in Sonic's room. I think, if you know which ones to buy, it'll cost like 600ish rings to get them all. Not that rao should bother, but it's there.

Those are as follows, if you're curious:
Super Sonic - same special as sonic (use the same number twice in a row and it's double speed), but if you use the same card a third time in a row it's ALSO double speed!
Chao - no special on the board. I think in combat his special is something like 'if you use an S card and lose anyway you don't lose any rings' or something? I don't remember, no one I know ever used chao
E-102 - if you use a 4-6 and land on a minus ring space you don't lose any rings
Big - if you use a 6 card, you can actually stop anywhere UP TO 6--doesn't have to be exact.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

came here to thank you for tonight's thumbnail
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Re: All The S@nics - Mario & Savant Do The Shuffle While Sonic Suffers

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

came here to thank blivsey for thanking raocow for tonight's thumbnail
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I used to watch All The Sonics at work before my shift, but HR has informed me that these episodes are way too long.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

I'll repeat that most of your complaints are very fair, but I take issue with, after Amy stole your last card, saying "The computer's had more cards, like you should logically go after them! You're just targeting me for no reason!"

Nah, it's a compitition man. If I were Amy and I had the chance to make a player lose their last card, I'd absolutely take it--why would it be logical to take from someone with a lot of cards? I acknowledge that the computers cheat hard by knowing where cards are, and that is obnoxious, but I don't think they're targeting you specifically. They take from each other a lot too, you just don't notice that as much 'cause it doesn't effect you as much. And that last one-force-march on you was because you were winning by a country mile, you were the correct target (not that it mattered).

also I always thought the spinning arrow spaces were an interesting and clever choice vector--do you risk going fast and having your progress ruined or take it slow by making sure to land on the space--but ok
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

raocow, you seemed confused by the "Sonicooking" Mini-Game. Here's what I noticed from watching it.

You have the other three players in the frying pan. They take damage and lose Rings, and try to get them back. You're trying to get the Rings OUT of the frying pan, and any Rings that fall out go to you. The "SAUTE!" flip helps keep the players in the pan helpless, but tends to knock Rings back towards the pan where the players can get them back. Tilting the pan helps spill the Rings out, but then you're not keeping the players pinned. I don't know if the players can try to escape by working their way off of the pan. So, you want to balance using "SAUTE!" to keep the players trapped, and tilting the pan to spill as many Rings as possible.

The thing with this game is, I can see all sorts of ways that it could have been made better while keeping the general premise and card system. raocow mentioned the AI players focusing on screwing the player over instead of winning. This should have been what the difficulty controlled, really. "Hard" would have the AI players focus against the player. "Medium" would be indiscriminate, while "Easy" is basically ignoring the player unless they have a significant lead.

This boards could have been more interesting and fair as well. For instance, take this train board. Either ditch the spinner space entirely, or organize the board so it's randomly distributing players between two or three routes forward. The PreciousStone is always at the engine at the front of the train, and the players start at the back of the train. Each time a Stone is collected, the player who got it is sent back to the start, and Eggman pulls away and replaces the cars that the other players are on. The players who are abducted are penalized by all of the spaces on their cars turned into Red Ring spaces, and they're trying to escape via a Spring space (exposed when the car was disconnected) that launches them to the second car next to the back of the train. This way, everybody still has the same distance to travel, but the losing players are still punished.

I kind of want to see this game remade as a traditional Sonic game, honestly. I think with a bit of tweaking, the plot could still work. Also, the boards themselves would make awesome Zones as well. Imagine the Chaotix level-select system, but each Act contains a boss battle, and the Zones follow the same gimmicks as the original boards. For instance, the first Act of "Emerald Coast" would be your typical beach level, but each Act transitions more and more away from the beach theme until the final Act is entirely an Ice-themed level.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

clicked the fart button *so hard*
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

lol @ raocow getting absolutely creamed by shuffle but also sending u my energy to spirit bomb this game 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌

Leet wrote: 4 years ago I was angry before about Illumina declaring cold things to be inherently bad but now the story's making it pretty clear that Void really is just putting in things he thinks are neat and Illumina is just framing him as antagonistic for having different tastes than the status quo. Illumina represents traditional ideals of beauty being upheld by the state as objective, while Void represents the postmodern freedom of us all having our own aesthetic opinions that are not bound by societal consensus
that's what happens when you're law-aligned. you become a fascist
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

not sure where you're getting this true ending info from

not seeing anything about it anywhere else

i don't even think the other characters have their own endings
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

So experts: about how long of a game is 100% Orange Juice Sonic Shuffle?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

raekuul wrote: 4 years ago So experts: about how long of a game is 100% Orange Juice Sonic Shuffle?

five

boards: emerald coast, fire bird, nature zone, riot train

and fourth dimension space

Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*