(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
kurt91

Re: A Thousand Miles - Adventure (singular) - His Hero

Post by kurt91 »

I... I honestly didn't realize that Tails's final boss battle actually had attacks. I always beat him so quickly that he never got a chance and I figured that the boss battle was unfinished or something. I guess since I was always underneath the boss, all of its attacks were off-camera when they actually did happen.

Anyways, I wanted to post this originally when it was Sonic's final boss battle, but decided to wait for when Tails's story was finished since it makes fun of both of them. It's a clip from "Sonic Adventure Abridged", which is actually pretty damn funny. One thing that they point out is that when you actually sit down and try to figure out the game's timeline in a linear fashion instead of splitting it up between characters, it makes absolutely no sense. Apparently, Eggman truly is canonically the fastest thing alive, faster than Sonic, even. He's so fast, he's in two places at the same time, fighting both Tails and Sonic in two different mechs.

AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Hmmm that's egg
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago to be clear I'm not angry at katazuki or raocow or anyone I just don't like seeing chao suffering and want to help clear up any confusion and misinformation
It was a joke post anyways to begin with so you're good.

Anyways RIP good boy playthrough, time to sleep until you know who's storyline.

Who has the most?
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Since we're on the topic of different characters remembering events differently. It makes sense Eggman would be more menacing not only here but also earlier in Tail's story. Tails is younger and less certain of himself than Sonic so Eggman appears as a bigger threat.

Katazuki wrote: 4 years ago Anyways RIP good boy playthrough, time to sleep until you know who's storyline.
I too look forward towards Big the Cat.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

I Wonder What Happened Two Sonic
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Sonic: 16 episodes
Tails: 10 episodes

next up: blues run
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Due to the rather 'unique' (read: messy) way Speed Highway is programmed, it is actually possible for Tails to get into Sonic's portion of the stage!

To do so, first get Tails to where the helicopter takes off in Sonic's version. Then go to the checkpoint, then fly straight to a road in mid-air and land on it. Use the boosters and then fly right to a green building with a giant screen on it. This screen is not solid, so you can fly through it, and behind it is a hallway containing the trigger to load the next portion of Sonic's level. Walk around in it a bit, then you're at Goin' Down!

If you want, you can now restart the level to turn off the race meter. Then you can mess around in Goin Down and At Dawn as much as you want.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Robeggman sounds heartbroken that Tails won't wait for him. Maybe he's just upset the woodland animal krew don't want to be friends.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

"Maybe if I blow up a population centre, they'll think I'm cool, and they'll want to hang out with me!

What do you mean, 'crime against humanity'??"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

kurt91 wrote: 4 years ago I... I honestly didn't realize that Tails's final boss battle actually had attacks. I always beat him so quickly that he never got a chance and I figured that the boss battle was unfinished or something. I guess since I was always underneath the boss, all of its attacks were off-camera when they actually did happen.

Anyways, I wanted to post this originally when it was Sonic's final boss battle, but decided to wait for when Tails's story was finished since it makes fun of both of them. It's a clip from "Sonic Adventure Abridged", which is actually pretty damn funny. One thing that they point out is that when you actually sit down and try to figure out the game's timeline in a linear fashion instead of splitting it up between characters, it makes absolutely no sense. Apparently, Eggman truly is canonically the fastest thing alive, faster than Sonic, even. He's so fast, he's in two places at the same time, fighting both Tails and Sonic in two different mechs.

nighttime is like half the day dude

they're probably hours apart
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Yeah I don't know if maybe other characters stories raise questions, but it seemed very obvious to me that the final parts of Tails' story are happening while Sonic is in the temple/back in time.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Yeah I'm pretty sure Tails' stuff happens first and then Sonic sees Eggman in the jungle as he's coming back from defeat in Station Square.

I forgot how menacing Eggman sounds at the end of Tails' story! It's freaky!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Eggman and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Don't mind me, just another person who's pretty sure this stuff with Eggman and Tails happens well before Eggman fights against Sonic. I was actually going to say that I find it funny that right after losing to Tails Eggman goes and has a showdown with Sonic, which, of course, he also loses. I must say: raocow was right when he was saying that this isn't a good day for Eggman.

kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Tails not transforming the plane back so they can land safely actually makes sense now. It was only in Sonic's story he says specifically that mode has no landing gear. In Tails recollection (i.e. the accurate one), he just says he forgot to install landing gear. The whole plane just has no landing gear.
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

Well, I'm the one who started all this, so I'll put it to rest.

Looked up the Japanese versions of the cutscenes before landing on the Egg Carrier, for both Sonic's and Tails's story (credit to SPEEPSHighway and Windii for the videos I used). The specific line in Sonic's story:

変形した後は 足がなーい !
lit.
"This plane has no legs after transforming!"

So Tails specifies that, yes, the Tornado-2 has landing gear, but it's useless in the transformed state (probably the whole "wings below the body" thing). And the kicker? Tails's story uses the exact same dialogue and voice clips. So this whole confusion is purely a product of the West making Tails's line different for... some reason.

...Hey, Sega. Why??????????
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

So, what are Eggman's motivations to want to blow up Station Square? Like, he usually wants to take over the world, or make a cool theme park, or both. But what is he getting from this?
ImageImage
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago So, what are Eggman's motivations to want to blow up Station Square? Like, he usually wants to take over the world, or make a cool theme park, or both. But what is he getting from this?
After the Egg Hornet fight he says he wants to destroy Station Square and build Robotnikland on its ruins.

Never mind he could probably build it literally anywhere that isn't already taken. It has to be here
Leet

Post by Leet »

Piesonscreations wrote: 4 years ago So, what are Eggman's motivations to want to blow up Station Square? Like, he usually wants to take over the world, or make a cool theme park, or both. But what is he getting from this?
That's exactly what he's doing, he wants to build his theme park where Station Square is. He says it in his introductory cutscene.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago Never mind he could probably build it literally anywhere that isn't already taken. It has to be here
I mean, I guess this is why I was confused. Surely the funds to build the Egg Carrier and all the other stuff Eggman did can't be less than just buying some random plot of land- hell, some small country.
ImageImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

Well, since his plan was originally to do it with Chaos, maybe the point was just to gain control of Chaos and this was going to be how he showed his control. But when the plan didn't work out he got angry and just decided to nuke it in rage.

Eggman is very evil!!!! The comparison with Wily was made by raocow; in the comic books where Mega Man and Archie cross over, (as I understand it) Wily is shocked when Eggman tries to kill Dr. Light, as he never had any such intention.
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

having control... of Chaos...

control of chaos

chaos c– nah nvm that won't catch on
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

ha cos
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Leet

Post by Leet »

or some say cosm...