(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Re: All The S@nics - Annual EVO Break #1 - SEE YOU NEXT GAME

Post by Super Llama »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago So how did Whitehead get the go ahead from Sega to remake this game in 2011?
He made a proof-of-concept of Sonic CD running on an iPhone via his Retro Engine and then spent a year going "Hire me Sega" until they did.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

While All the Sonics is on hiatus for EVO, I'd like to take the opportunity to point out that sometimes, Sonic's head is a fruit.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Game structure update:
Sonic 1:
7 zones
3 acts each (except for Final Zone)
19 acts total

Sonic 1 8-bit:
6 zones
3 acts each
18 acts total

Sonic 2 8-bit:
7 zones
3 acts each
21 acts total

Sonic 2:
11 zones
7 2-act zones, 1 3-act zone, 3 1-act zones
20 acts total
Sonic CD:
7 zones
3 acts each
21 acts total
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Feathermind

Post by Feathermind »

Since HOMM2's music came up I've got to bring up 4, the game itself was flawed but Paul Romero's composing was tops, if you want an example of operatic music in videogames (aside from the many, many others here) just take a listen:

I've probably spent more time just listening to that game's soundtrack than actually playing the thing.
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Found something funny related to Sonic CD you guys might find funny:
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Feathermind wrote: 4 years ago
i saw the simba avatar and thought you found nast's youtube account somehow
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Maybe I'm dumb but I have no clue what happened with the quartz quadrant one
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S@nics - Annual EVO Break #2 - SEE YOU SOON!

Post by Awoo »

Upon watching the Japanese bad ending for the first time, it's pretty darn depressing. You do all that work and it's just like "and the future refused to change". Quite sad :c

I still kinda like the aesthetics of some of the bad futures, endings aside

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - here come the space cops

Post by Grounder »

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - here come the space police sending out an sos

Post by Awoo »

Waku Waku Space Patrol Fighter seems like it'd be a pretty neat game and one I'd have really enjoyed as a child. Kinda makes me want to visit Japan but man I'd have to save up a lot of money since I have no idea how much such a silly thing would cost. Still!

It's really nice to have these videos back. I hope you enjoyed your break, raocow! :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Wesley

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - here come the space cops

Post by Wesley »

Well at least this one seems a bit more mechanically involved, since you have the option between 4 lasers cannons, side missiles, or flying robo arms.

I wonder if you can destroy Robotnik's mecha better. You destroyed one arm, so maybe there is time to wreck the other, and it's face.

That's probably the key to getting five star rank.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

this video is sponsored by Sonic Space! use code "raocow" to get up to $5 off your first spaceflight!
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

BEHOLD

convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

How old is that photo? Is it yours?
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

The Return of Fun Sonic Facts!

SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter (セガソニック・コスモ・ファイター) (or SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol) is a late 1993 children's ride that features Sonic the Hedgehog as a space cop. The goal is to try to rescue Sonic's friends (named Flicky, Pocky, Pecky, Cucky, Ricky, Picky and Rocky) from Doctor Eggman.

There are two buttons on the cabinet: one for firing the player's cannon weapons and one for ROCKET FISTS. There is also a lever labeled "SPEED UP" which tilts the entire cabinet. Using the joystick will also tilt the cabinet.

After inserting ¥100 (which is not a lot of money), Sonic summarizes to the player that his animal friends from the space station are being targeted by Eggman and that he will go into space to rescue them. He then jumps into a red spaceship, which is then launched into space, and the game commences.

If the player manages to defeat Eggman, the game ends with Sonic's mission to save the animals becoming a success, with Sonic telling the player that peace in space has been protected thanks to them, but Eggman might come attack again, asking the player to come fight alongside him again if that comes to pass. Depending on how well the player did, the ride awards them a rating of one to five stars.

Sonic the Hedgehog is voiced by Takeshi Kusao, while Dr. Eggman is Masaharu Satō.

On February 5, 2017, the Dumping Union received a PCB of the game from an anonymous donator. Consequently, it was dumped in celebration of MAME's 20th Anniversary Party and is now supported by MAME.
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

Wesley wrote: 4 years ago How old is that photo? Is it yours?
nah, it's from the magic realm of Google
Heavy Sigh wrote: Cucky
This is still the single worst character name in Sonic history
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - here come the space channel 5

Post by Awoo »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago
In it's defense, it *is* for a chicken :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Man, I have not heard that in years.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Blivsey

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - here come the space channel 5

Post by Blivsey »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
then WHY is it not "clucky"?????????
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Cosmo Fighter Galaxy Patrol - here come the Space Marines. PURGE

Post by Awoo »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
then WHY is it not "clucky"?????????
Maybe it's a mistranslation? Or it's just a bad name and I dunno lol
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Re: All The S@nics - SegaSonic Popcorn Shop - Crank That

Post by Grounder »

Jury's still out on the possibility of BethesedaSonic and TYPE-MOONSonic popcorn shops
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

honestly i think you may as well call all the sonics after this one. it's all downhill from here
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

SegaSonic Popcorn Shop (セガソニック ポップコーンショップ) is a 1993 vending machine which dispenses popcorn in one of three flavors—butter, salt or caramel. The popcorn is prepared (microwaved) in a compartment invisible to the "player." It falls into a cup held in a compartment next to the screen when it's finished.

When using the machine, the user is presented with a "game" consisting of two segments to play while the popcorn is being prepared. After the user selects a flavor, Sonic and Tails place some popcorn kernels on a treadmill, only for Dr. Eggman to cause trouble by reversing the treadmill. The player is then instructed to turn the green crank to help Sonic get the kernels across the treadmill and avoid Eggman, who is chasing him with a sledgehammer to hit him with.

In the second segment, Sonic slides down to a burning stove which he puts the popcorn kernels into. The player is then instructed to turn the crank to help Sonic and Tails cook the popcorn, with Tails using his physics defying tails to fan the stove. During this, the cup will leap, allowing Eggman to pinch a single kernel at a time. Eventually, the popcorn is cooked and placed into a cup by Tails, which is then dispatched from the vending machine's hatch; afterwards, Sonic tells the user that the popcorn is hot as it is fresh from the oven, and that the user can come back at any time if he/she gets hungry. It ultimately doesn't matter whether the player turns the crank or not during either segment, as the real-life popcorn is dispensed regardless.

If a technical problem occurs at any point, the machine will display an error screen featuring Eggman chasing Tails as the factory explodes, and the message "PLEASE ASK FOR ASSISTANCE" flashes on the screen, along with Sonic telling the user to call for a shop assistant as he chases Eggman. The music that plays on this screen is a rendition of the map screen music from SegaSonic the Hedgehog.

On October 25, 2015, MAME developer David Haywood announced that ShouTime and the Dumping Union had purchased a PCB for SegaSonic Popcorn Shop. Consequently, the ROM was dumped and support added to the next release of MAME.

Voice actors
Sonic the Hedgehog Takeshi Kusao
Dr. Eggman Masaharu Sato
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Can we really say raocow truly played this if he didn't eat popcorn afterwards?
ImageImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

i have been looking forward to this "game" so much

I love popcorn.