(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: All The S€nics - CD - ...The Problem's Chronicles of Narnia

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago

Stardust Speedway's has that siren too, that gives a sense of panic. Don't ever drive while playing that, I tend to speed like a mofo whenever I listen to it while driving

that's possibly the single worst reaction to sirens you could have

🚨🚓
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S&nics - CD - ...The Problem's Carumba

Post by Awoo »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago

Stardust Speedway's has that siren too, that gives a sense of panic. Don't ever drive while playing that, I tend to speed like a mofo whenever I listen to it while driving

that's possibly the single worst reaction to sirens you could have

🚨🚓

they sound nothing like the emergency ones here :'3

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: All The S@nics - CD - ...The Problem's Chronic!

Post by Kleetus »

"Who's ready for today's two minutes of Sonic the Hedgehog?"

Once again, man falls to his own hubris.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

This boss makes me think of that one fangame that let you and another player fight each other in Robotnik mechs. After a quick search I have discovered it was called Ultimate Robotnik Duels and it was fun
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Music time!

And more TD

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

What happened with the Sonic History lesons? The were fun to read! Is there just a lack of documentation surrounding CD?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

yes, wacky workbench is "bad", but it's also hilarious, so who can really say, if it is truly bad or not
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago yes, wacky workbench is "bad", but it's also hilarious, so who can really say, if it is truly bad or not
I'm pretty sure it also inspired

Mania Chemical Plant Zone Act 2

, so it has some merit... and I say that as someone who would rather play the whole of Chaotix than two acts of Wackbench.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago What happened with the Sonic History lesons? The were fun to read! Is there just a lack of documentation surrounding CD?
Elefun the Elephant Sonug Snacks Seedy!

Despite being named Sonic the Hedgehog CD, it was actually printed onto a CD-ROM!

There is not yet any public record of anyone being fired for this grievous misadvertising.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago What happened with the Sonic History lesons? The were fun to read! Is there just a lack of documentation surrounding CD?
Elefun the Elephant Sonug Snacks Seedy!

Despite being named Sonic the Hedgehog CD, it was actually printed onto a CD-ROM!

There is not yet any public record of anyone being fired for this grievous misadvertising.
Many were furious when they purchased the game intending to promptly erase its data and found the disc unwritable
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

it cannot be stressed enough how freaking gigantic this level is, btw. it's just a disaster maze where everything looks the same lol

also raocow hasn't figured it out yet evidently but

in this level you change path swappers manually, by hitting the yellow & blue signs. it's weird and not obvious, i know

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Huh, usually the machine has been in the upper middle part of the level.

But, yeah, I must have misremembered something, becuase I definitely never reached Stardust Speedway. Either the PC version rearranged some levels, or I did in fact Game Over to Robotnik in Wack Workbench, and stopped playing.

Welp, looks like raocow will, yet again, not get all the special stones in this game, since he only has 3 Time Stones, and 3 chances left to nab them. And he started so strongly too.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Sgnics - CD - ...The Problem's Charbroiled!

Post by Awoo »

Oh, man, raocow, if you're enjoying this level's past music, then you'd really enjoy the original's present and good/bad future music, too.

This level's also got my favorite Temporal Duality track remix. I'd post it but I don't want to pre-empt Super Llama and be rude!

do people really have that much trouble beating the Metal Sonic race? I don't think I've ever actually lost it now that I think about it. The final boss, though, that's always been a nightmare for me

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

I heard some peeps saying that the US soundtrack fits this stage better but i couldn't disagree more. It's so calm you could make an ASMR video with it.
ImageImage
First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

Much like a lot of Sonic CD, this level is kind of a mess design-wise, but man, it's super cool aesthetically. I feel like if anything, that's the reason why so many people remember the game so fondly - all of the levels have fantastic artwork and super cool themes as well. There's something incredibly impressive about how the artists for this game created unique backgrounds for every level in every time period, and Stardust Speedway has some of my favorites.

(spoilers for something that won't be coming up until much, much, much later):
The Sonic Mania version of this zone is one of my favorite levels in that game as well, because it takes the gorgeous aesthetic of the past and present versions of the level, and then completely redesigns the actual levels themselves so they're not just weird labyrinthine tunnels. The result is something that feels familiar, but is actually totally fresh- it's like the way people remember Sonic CD being, as opposed to what it actually plays like.

The Act 1 music is one of my favorite songs in Mania, too. I think it does a good job of combining the vibe of the US present music with the motifs of the Japanese present music. It's cool how Tee Lopes took the melody of the piano part from the original song and spun it in a different direction.
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

As much as everyone (myself included) loves Stardust Speedway JP, the US gets some great music too. I love the Present theme.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I remember the creator of this mario fangame called 'Super Mario: Blue Twilight DX', mentioning that Sonic CD is actually pretty short if you ignore the time travel gimmick (he needed to play it to grab a sprite of Metal Sonic's death sprite)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Why would they put a back-facing spring after where the screen locks by the goal?

Further question: why do they lock the screen when you get near the goal anyway? Do they not want you going back to get the 50 rings? Why are they so insistent on discouraging you from using the game mechanics the game is designed around? This game is so confusing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Has anything in this game been designed in such a way that would make you think the devs didn't just want to troll people stopping them on their tracks every 2 secs? That's why the spring is there.
I know this sounds negative, but rest assured that even with what i'm saying, somehow Sonic CD is still my favourite 2D Sonic.
ImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts

Metal Sonic's energy shield dash (named the V. Maximum Overdrive Attack, a reference to the 1985 anime Blue Comet SPT Layzner, whose protagonist possessed a nearly identical attack also named V-MAX) is used whenever the player gets ahead, and is normally faster than Sonic's max running speed. However, it's still slower than the Super Peel-Out!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

hey rao don't feel bad i had infinite trouble with this boss as a kid too

the good future music does not fit at all here though lol. probably one of the US tracks i just outright don't care for
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago Fun Sonic Facts

Metal Sonic's energy shield dash (named the V. Maximum Overdrive Attack, a reference to the 1985 anime Blue Comet SPT Layzner, whose protagonist possessed a nearly identical attack also named V-MAX) is used whenever the player gets ahead, and is normally faster than Sonic's max running speed. However, it's still slower than the Super Peel-Out!
I would have thought that you would have gone for the fact that Metal Sonic has canonical hardware specifications instead.
temp.jpeg
temp.jpeg (189.12 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago
Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago Fun Sonic Facts

I would have thought that you would have gone for the fact that Metal Sonic has canonical hardware specifications instead.

temp.jpeg
I posted those the first time we saw Metal Sonic!
Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago

EXTRA FUN FACTS! METAL SONIC

Metal Sonic's robotic specifications at one time formed part of his official Sonic Channel profile in Japan, taken from the Japanese manual for Sonic CD. These specifications are oddly reasonable for what a machine of Metal Sonic's capabilities might require.

" Height: 765.4 mm
Weight: 125.2kg
Outer Armor: Strength Enhanced Navy Blue Metal Tektite

Main Computer Artificial Intelligence: ROBOTNIK Custom Chip Series
Internal CPU has a neurological network system capable of both high mathematical computation and independent high-speed reactions throughout the body.

The power control system is governed by the Neo Super FX DSP Chip (with a 5 link system connecting to each section of the body). The TV picture imaging compensation unit is the Next Risk Chip Series 3 Model (each eye has an 8 link system utilizing RGB imaging).

Main Engine: 255 cc, 4 Valve Organ Fusion Engine
Maximum Output: 55ps/6800rpm
Maximum Torque: 7.54 kg-m/4000rpm

Secondary Engine: Tesla Power Coil, produces electricity through electro-magnetic induction
Maximum Output: 256kW"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years agowords
woops
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage