(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics - 1 - Dusting Doilies Since 1991

Post by Leet »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago Dr. Badvibes, Doctor Gloom, Dr. What, Mister Badwrench, Mr. Bad Year
These are my OCs now, along with Busty and Flippy
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

Aww, raocow undid his progress and didn't get hit the goal in the bonus stage today. Instead he hit the one, well-protected spiky obstacle. Don't worry rao, the goals get easier and easier to hit in future bonus stages.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That's pending he gets them. It's not like Sonic 1 is easy in that regard since you have to make it through the whole stage with 50 rings. That's generally a no-hit run or a very early hit!
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago Dr. Badvibes, Doctor X, Doctor Gloom, Dr. What, Mister Badwrench, Mr. Bad Year" and Fatty Lobotnik
person a: *writing down dr. gloom* ok, any more suggestions?
person b: uh, i dunno... don't you have any ideas?
a: um... well, it's kinda dumb...
b: come on, it can't be that bad.
a:well, it's uh...
a:*mumbles*
b: come again?
a: dr., uh, *mumbles*
b: dr. what?
a: *nervous sweating* uh, yeah! yeah! dr. what!
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Well, doing the whole zone in one video definitely feels more natural, since it allows you to get into the groove without an intro and outro taking up a good chunk of your overall video time.

I still say it's up to you in the end.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago bunnies are canonically named pocky
early Western name Johnny Lightfoot, which was the basis for the character in Fleetway's Sonic the Comic.

He was the "badass normal" of the cast, frequently dispatching mooks in the background or asking questions to be answered by Tails, Porker Lewis or to get snarked at by Rude British Sonic.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Can I just get a cute mini-series based on all the little animal friends? I'd LOVE that.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago Can I just get a cute mini-series based on all the little animal friends? I'd LOVE that.
Unfortunately the animal friends (or Mobini if you're Archie-continuity-inclined) pretty much got sidelined by Chao, who then in turn got sidelined by Wisps. :(
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Chao are getting some much-overdue attention in the new racing game, but yeah, don't see them coming back in the main series :c

That said, now I kinda want to see something that focuses entirely on just the animal friends, chao, and wisps together.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Rockythechao wrote: 4 years ago Chao are getting some much-overdue attention in the new racing game, but yeah, don't see them coming back in the main series :c
...at the cost of the rabbit, who would've probably made more sense and been Chao rep at the same time... oh well. Sega, whatcha gonna do about it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Cream's still serving time for being a serial killer.

Where do you think that Vanilla, Chocola, and G-Mel really went off to?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago Cream's still serving time for being a serial killer.

A farm upstate.

R-Right?
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago Cream's still serving time for being a serial killer.

considering how powerful she is in sonic battle, I can believe that

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So are we just gonna ignore the seal that went through the lava with no problem?

Also, aren't you supposed to get a 1up every 50,000 or 100,000 points? Or is that in later games?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

super mario world definitely came out before sonic 1. the ad campaign specifically compared the two games, even
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The S0nics - 1 - Dusting Man

Post by Awoo »

Been waiting for a long time to post this:

Love that track.

I'm still not used to the idea of Marble Zone being a thing. Bridge Zone from Sonic for the Game Gear will always be my Sonic 1 Zone 2

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

today raocow learned: monitors don't give their prizes immediately. you can hit a shield or ring monitor and bounce off into spikes and die, because of the delay before they go into effect. iirc this even goes for one-up monitors, which means you make a risky play to get an extra life while you have none and end up game overing even if you hit it

'course, that's nothing compared to the fact that, at least in later games, falling monitors can squish sonic, meaning a one-up can directly cause you to game over

today raocow didn't learn: lava in genesis sonics is actually only as lethal as spikes, and is in fact less lethal in the first game. y'got that invincibility before that slow rafting section because it lets you skip it entirely. heck, you can jump into the lava without it and skip it because lava is literally just a hurtbox that damages you, not an instant-death threat like it is in mario
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S0maris - Sonic Adventure 7

Post by Awoo »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago today raocow didn't learn: lava in genesis sonics is actually only as lethal as spikes, and is in fact less lethal in the first game. y'got that invincibility before that slow rafting section because it lets you skip it entirely. heck, you can jump into the lava without it and skip it because lava is literally just a hurtbox that damages you, not an instant-death threat like it is in mario
I've been playing these silly games for so long that I didn't even register that as being a difference between SMW and the Sonic 2D Genesis games. It's something I've always just taken for granted :kood:

this is such a different lens to see the classic Sonic games through and I love it so much :3

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

If jothijg else, the new format will make it easier on your naming gimmick.
Blivsey

Post by Blivsey »

why is raocow better at the special stages than me ;-;

Also, a total aside: tomorrow is my birthday, and my birthday tradition is a full playthrough of my all-time favorite game, s3k. ive been replaying sonic 1 alongside raocow but I think I'll honor my own tradition and jump ahead in the series a bit
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

raocow playing these games is like culture shock.
ImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Early in production, Labyrinth Zone was going to be the second stage. But after complaints from testers that Labyrinth Zone was much harder than Green Hill Zone, it was moved to the latter half of the game. However, the designers were still unsure if the high-speed action Green Hill Zone encouraged was really okay to build a whole game out of. Wanting to give the player a chance to slow down and catch their breath, Marble Zone was created. Unfortunately, the UFOs made to populate its skies did not make the cut into the final release.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

ooh, sonic went a little too fast for me in this zone. can you please slow him down a little? maybe add a few more podobos.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

After flying off into space, Evangelion Unit-01 crashed into Sonic's version of Earth and became an enormous purple and green ruin that little animals ran around inside

Also, the seals are obviously Casper the Friendly Ghosts
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.