(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The Sonics - NOW LOADING...

Post by KobaBeach »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago Also, note that discussion on AtS has happened for months now in the patapon spotzone (maybe even a year), so any questions may have already been answered, or discussion already been had.

(If you're not a patron, seriously consider joining. you only need a minimum of $1.)
Supporting raocow is a cool and nice thing to do on its own but I'm not interested in abandoning the talkhaus for the premium membership talkhaus (or any other discord)
If you want me to give my opinion, I think that THIS POST REQUIRES A talkhaus GOLD ACCOUNT TO READ

IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED A GOLD ACCOUNT YET, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Supporting raocow is a cool and nice thing to do on its own but I'm not interested in abandoning the talkhaus for the premium membership talkhaus (or any other discord)
I mean we have a free to join Discord server and it's not like you can't talk in both forums and chat
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

re: completion.
Honestly I'm going to do my best to get the emeralds when it's relevant but I'm super bad at those minigames so I figured, I do my best to get them, if I can't then I can't. Red rings is different since it's kinda like a dragon coin run, I feel like that makes sense to do. Most emblems are very minor variations on a level and I don't think they would make sense. In any case, any kind of completion like that to me is 'part of the level/act'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Sounds good. And I'm going to assume the horror that is Sonic Chronicles is going to be ignored since you didn't do any of the main MMBN titles, so things are looking up. I wish there was a publicized list so I'm not left hanging on games like Tails' Adventure, Knuckles' Chaotix, and perhaps the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games spin off series.

Who has the most?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

to quote myself

'probably'

like give it some time, haha. I genuinely want there to be some level of surprise to this, which is why I want to wait some time before publicly revealing the list
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

You guys keep saying we are going to get 1-2 minute videos, but how do you know that? What if raocow takes his time to explore the levels? He might even run left!

But regarding getting the chaos emeralds, good luck with Blue Sphere.

Fun fact: Attaching S&K to any other game (except Sonic 1, 2, and 3) would generate a random Blue Sphere level to play. Attaching to Sonic 1 ofcourse gives ALL the levels.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
RiderChop

Post by RiderChop »

Not sure what people think "non-negotiable" means but you just have to accept we're in for the longest of hauls.
:catplanet:
HiroshiMishima
Aging Gamer

Post by HiroshiMishima »

@FPzero : Yeah man! I saw you during my reading of the All the Megamen thread back in December, and I was like "wow, even Fifo is on the Talkhaus!" It's been a while.

While we're on the topic of liking or disliking games... I actually consider Sonic & The Secret Rings to be one of the worst 3D games. As has been said, you spend the whole game fighting the controller which is the biggest problem. The other is that you need to complete X amount of stages in order to progress, and that includes absolute horrible ideas like "don't break the pots" or "find all the chaos" in same game where the controls are choatic (no pun intended). I also greatly disliked hearing the Seven Rings song on almost every screen, it took the magic away from what should've been a song reserved for special occasions.

Sonic Heroes is also kinda "special", in this regard. It's not an awful game, per se, but everyone's levels are pretty much the same. It really made replaying it for all the endings a boring chore, rather than something fun to look forwards to. I also think it did a poor job of tying the different teams' stories together. This is just my take on them, of course, and people are totally allowed to like them.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

@raocow just a heads-up in many cases full collection in some of the games requires multiple playthroughs, it's not just dragon coin style

Also I'd recommend in any scenario where the emeralds unlock extra levels that they should be part of the LP, otherwise not required

Anyways enjoy the advance games and their wacky emerald collecting mechanics

Re: heroes vs secret rings, maybe it's just because heroes stages are also balls long vs. secret rings missions being pretty short & the full levels capping out around 5-6 minutes or so

I've tried replaying heroes twice with both team sonic and team rose and in both cases got bored before even finishing one story
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

RiderChop wrote: 4 years ago Not sure what people think "non-negotiable" means but you just have to accept we're in for the longest of hauls.
:catplanet:
they said the titanic was unsinkable you know :monstrosity:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago You guys keep saying we are going to get 1-2 minute videos, but how do you know that? What if raocow takes his time to explore the levels? He might even run left!

Fun fact: Attaching S&K to any other game (except Sonic 1, 2, and 3) would generate a random Blue Sphere level to play. Attaching to Sonic 1 ofcourse gives ALL the levels.
I can't wait for raocow to play every single Blue Sphere stage and extend the LP by a few years.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote: 4 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago You guys keep saying we are going to get 1-2 minute videos, but how do you know that? What if raocow takes his time to explore the levels? He might even run left!

I can't wait for raocow to play every single Blue Sphere stage and extend the LP by a few years.
If by "a few" you mean "at least 350,728"...
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Arctangent wrote: 4 years ago i'm looking forward to the hundreds of like 30 second episodes spent on sonic battle
I say raocow should make loading screens in Sonic 06 their own "zones", and we can make that game a 2000 video series.
But really now, I think the "zone" thing falls apart when the games stop having zones, like yeah, the idea of having a ton of really short videos sounds funny, but 200 videos in it will lose it's charm, although i'm sure raocow's gonna be more reasonable with what I think the worst case-scenario for zone would be.
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Sonics - NOW PLAYING IN THEATERS

Post by Awoo »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote: 4 years ago I can't wait for raocow to play every single Blue Sphere stage and extend the LP by a few years.
I've shamelessly played a few thousand of those levels, and can attest that there's a ton of noticeable pattern repetition after a very short time
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

i can't wait for the whole first month to be spent on one-level videos of

rad mobile

ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

folks, remember one of raocow's rules for the games list is that a sonic character's name has to be in the title! i don't think

rad mobile

is happening but y'know, maybe i've misunderstood
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
raocow

Post by raocow »

also reminder that some games get a one-shot demo, I don't want people to get all panic mode here
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

If you need to change from Sonic to Knuckles in a S3&K run, I'm sure there are editors for genesis emulator save files. If not, just tell me the emulator you are using and I'll see what I can do.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Shadow full completion when

I demand unlocking all the endings
Duker wrote: 4 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years agoeverything was hashed out months ago in a place we don't have access to reading.
And that place is raocow's brain... It's ultimately his rules that he decided, being there for the minor additional input he got along the way does not change much if anything.
Thank you for your willful misreading of my post.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago Since people are confused, I'm almost certain that the game raocow will be playing first is

Flicky

, unless I have a knowledge gap
and here I thought it was gonna be

Alex kid

as the precursor to sonic.

Ya know, sonic is the one series where its a complete shame to only do the first release, simply because Sega has been really good at re-releases over the years. Even as early as sonic jam they fixed and added stuff like putting the spindash in sonic 1 or the pc version of sonic3&k getting its own midi soundtrack and including screensavers and wallpapers and such.

I certainly wouldn't expect raocow to seek these out let alone show them off, but anyone wanting to play along might as well check out some of the official re-releases of these games. I had the sonic mega collection for the gamecube long ago and it had a ton of extras including scans of early sonic comics and the highest quality version of sonic cd's fmvs until the steam and mobile ports came out.
Crow

Post by Crow »

After several months, the bird enters a cocoon state for three weeks, after which they reemerge as a hedgehog. Nature is beautiful.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

"bird mad girl" is indeed a song from 1984, looks like the gimmick is already gimmicked

convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Y'know, I like cats (also caterpillars), and baby birds kind of vaguely creep me out, so I think I would be lacking motivation to play this game.
Crow

Post by Crow »

revealed that it wasn't the "All the Mega Man" naming gimmick, it was the "All the X" naming gimmick
i mean it's gotta be something you can wring hundred of titles out of, so
Grounder

Re: All The Animal Friends - Flicky - A Certain... Ornithological Piece

Post by Grounder »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago revealed that it wasn't the "All the Mega Man" naming gimmick, it was the "All the X" naming gimmick
i mean it's gotta be something you can wring hundred of titles out of, so
funny you should say that
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage