(shouting)

Microphone help

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
TheChrisD

Microphone help

Post by TheChrisD »

Unfortunately, the mic on my headset just had to go and break last week, which has stopped me from continuing to LP (in my little niche market!)

I had a look around the house for a replacement, but unfortunately that one records at such a low volume, that even if I was practically eating it, it would barely pick up anything.

Now I've noticed that I can use my Xbox 360 controller's headset through my PC as well, and it was all looking good - except it only has a sample rate of 8kHz, which is unchangeable in the settings, quoted as "Telephone quality".

Does anyone have any good, cheap recommendations - or taking a long shot at this - anyone know a way to make an Xbox 360 headset record at a higher sample rate?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Microphone help

Post by raocow »

I got my mike for like five or ten bucks at a radio-shack.

?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Generic CAW

Post by Generic CAW »

I used the 360 headset for a mic as well, and I don't remember there being a setting for the sample rate. Maybe if you install the drivers for the control it might fix the problem.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

Generic CAW wrote:I used the 360 headset for a mic as well, and I don't remember there being a setting for the sample rate. Maybe if you install the drivers for the control it might fix the problem.
Drivers installed automatically for both the controller and the headset on Win 7. I tried Googling around but couldn't find the answer in amongst all the irrelevant results...

Now my latest videos will sound as if I'm one of those radio news reporters calling in their story :/
raocow wrote:I got my mike for like five or ten bucks at a radio-shack.
I don't get out of the house much. Say once every month or so.
Generic CAW

Post by Generic CAW »

I did some tests with my headset, and I just realized that the mic on the xbox headset is very, very bad, so I don't think you really can get any better quality. Get out of the house and spend 5 bucks for a decent mic, it will cause you less trouble and less wiring as well.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Is it possible for you to increase the audio level in something like audacity and still have it be ok?
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Generic CAW

Post by Generic CAW »

You could increase the volume it self after a recording I guess, but the sound quality itself will not improve, there will be a lot of artifacts etc.

It's still usable though.
TLs4

Post by TLs4 »

raocow wrote:I got my mike for like five or ten bucks at a radio-shack.

?
radioshack is totally out of business, yo! And has been for like... ever! Get with the times raocow!

(I miss Radio Shack!)
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

siteadmin wrote:radioshack is totally out of business, yo! And has been for like... ever! Get with the times raocow!

(I miss Radio Shack!)
They're still around. My mother works at one. Of course, they don't sell radios anymore, which is kind of odd, but they're hardly out of business.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I was going to mention that there's one literally a minute away from my house, but perhaps he means in their area?

Edit: Its not a great one
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Thissa

Post by Thissa »

Circuit City bought RadioShack's Canadian division, and changed all the RadioShacks in Canada to "The SOURCE". So they didn't go out of business, they just found it too cold here or something :P
Ozland

Post by Ozland »

By cheap you mean how much bucks ? ^¸^
Phaiyte

Post by Phaiyte »

Exactly 7 dollars will get you what you want.
Kiniko says: Did you just put Medicine in a top 5 touhou characters list?
Really? Medicine?
Your now one of the three people who likes medicine :D
Phaiyte says: Fuck yeah, I like being awesome.
TheChrisD

Post by TheChrisD »

Convert bucks to Euros please :)
Rubius

Post by Rubius »

TheChrisD wrote:Convert bucks to Euros please :)
7 $ = Around 5 Euro...
Soo...

Also, anybody know how to record 2 audio source and mix it on one on a LIVE Stream ?
Like the Game Sound and my Mic.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

TheChrisD wrote:Convert bucks to Euros please :)
http://www.xe.com/ucc/