(shouting)

raocow LP Thread Link Megalist - UPDATED Mar 3 2024

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Nast

Re: raocow |OT| samwell "ronco" tarly LP Thread Index

Post by Nast »

Might not mean much coming from me since I've barely engaged with the let's play forums or with this topic at all, but thank you for the work you've put into this. As far as I'm concerned, feel free to put it aside for the sake of your own well being. I hope you'll feel better soon :catplanet:
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

thanks jesus and judas

ive just been really stressed out from the constant illnesses in recent weeks (in then out of the hospital, trying to recover then getting infected) so sorry if i sound like i have -1 patience.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I guess this is the closest thread for thing being relevant...?

raocow's channel is getting a bunch of new playlists added today. And I noticed that raocow.com wasn't loading about 20 minutes ago, although it's working now. Might be a coincidence?
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow gave an explanation in the spotzone:
Annotation 2020-08-26 082101.png
Annotation 2020-08-26 082101.png (69.41 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Annotation 2020-08-26 081246.png
Annotation 2020-08-26 081246.png (145.89 KiB) Viewed 4444 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

squishy
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

That's rather strange timing. Starting some time last night, adding videos to playlists stopped working for me so I haven't been able to add the last two Wandersong videos nor today's YUMP2 video to their respective playlists. Which is apparently no longer important to bother with.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I still liked the local playlists here, but man yeah the site has been really struggling for a while. has to do with google's api, or so I was told.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Putting the next video of a clearly-labeled series in the play-next slot, or at least near the top of the recommended videos, seems to be one of those things YouTube used to be pretty good about but has regressed significantly. That and remembering my place in videos i watch partway through and come back to rather than loading them from the beginning, which has turned into a crapshoot whether it works or not in recent years.

Playlists are really helpful for revisiting old series, so thanks to raocow for the effort of going through such a huge back-catalog. Some of raocow's LPs are on individual fan-made playlists, and the lists on this site are good, but having them all organized on raocow's channel will be nice. I'll have to give some old favorites a re-watch when they go up.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

series part 1
recommended videos: series part 2-7

series part 1
recommended videos: 1/2 videos you already watched, 1/2 just whatever's driving the most ad revenue at the moment
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice

Post by Alice »

raocow wrote: 3 years agoI still liked the local playlists here, but man yeah the site has been really struggling for a while. has to do with google's api, or so I was told.
Ah, I actually forgot that this site did that. I should've specified that my problem was an issue on Youtube itself. When I click the button to add a video to a playlist there (which I've been doing for your videos since some point a month or two after the start of your All the Sonics lp) the screen now just goes dark and doesn't bring up a dialog box like it should. Definitely an issue with Youtube though that's not surprising since the shitty Polymer layout doesn't work worth a damn on anything that isn't Chrome-based.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

where's the thread for super marisa world?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

pretty sure the talkhaus didn't exist then
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago pretty sure the talkhaus didn't exist then
guess we need a replay
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I don't want needless replays, they take time away from gems such as Spelunky 2
Alice

Post by Alice »

ano0maly wrote: 3 years agoI don't want needless replays, they take time away from gems such as Spelunky 2
Is he actually planning on playing that? It really doesn't seem like the sort of game raocow would lp since it's a rogue-like and fairly open-ended.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

no but he actually did LP spelunky the original, i think most people forgot about that one
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

raocow wrote: 3 years ago pretty sure the talkhaus didn't exist then
so any discussion of these LPs is on something awful? the site that charges you if you want to look at old threads like yours?
raocow

Post by raocow »

no that would be after sa

so.... really the only discussion for super marisa world would be the youtube comments :I
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

er, is kamek's revenge another one of those threadless hacks?
raocow

Post by raocow »

oh yeah definitely
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

EDIT: oops
Last edited by TiKi 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Looks fine to me. Not really a fan of the art style but the puzzle mechanics look like they could be pretty interesting.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
The backstory: I emailed the developer about one of his earlier freeware games, and he graciously gave me a code for this one after I asked him how that game's sales were going. It seemed a little too hard for me, so I asked him instead of me using the code could I give it to raocow to get more exposure of the game, and he said sure. I then offered it to raocow but he said I needed to ask the viewers if they thought this game looked interesting first. So here we are!

My suggestion is Quantumleaper, a game which seems to be a metroidvania and similar to Distorted Travesty, if you put in more puzzles - it even has its own Jeremy... if he were a cat. The main idea of it is that you get a Lost Vikings-esque ability which allows you to switch between two selves with a button, and take advantage of the other player's current position to hold down switches, direct enemies away, and act as a free meat shield for projectiles.

Screenshots:
What do you guys think for raocow playing it?
Is this the right thread for that TiKi?
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

thatguyif wrote:
TiKi wrote: 3 years ago
The backstory: I emailed the developer about one of his earlier freeware games, and he graciously gave me a code for this one after I asked him how that game's sales were going. It seemed a little too hard for me, so I asked him instead of me using the code could I give it to raocow to get more exposure of the game, and he said sure. I then offered it to raocow but he said I needed to ask the viewers if they thought this game looked interesting first. So here we are!

My suggestion is Quantumleaper, a game which seems to be a metroidvania and similar to Distorted Travesty, if you put in more puzzles - it even has its own Jeremy... if he were a cat. The main idea of it is that you get a Lost Vikings-esque ability which allows you to switch between two selves with a button, and take advantage of the other player's current position to hold down switches, direct enemies away, and act as a free meat shield for projectiles.

Screenshots:
What do you guys think for raocow playing it?
Is this the right thread for that TiKi?
Oops thanks
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

Alice wrote: 3 years ago Looks fine to me. Not really a fan of the art style but the puzzle mechanics look like they could be pretty interesting.
I think it shines in the tilesets. He did mention he's working on the graphics some more, yeah. It worked really well in his previous game, Dark Ball 2, which is likely attributable to how an artificial, metal look works in a game like that.