(shouting)

Re: Donkey Kong Country (La-Banana)(The Great Kongo Bongo Civil War)(LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Donkey Kong Country (La-Banana)(The Great Kongo Bongo Civil War)(LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Mata Hari wrote: 5 years ago quoting this because it's fun to know and it's the kind of post that I personally would hate to have stuck at the bottom of the page if I had written it.
isn't the page count 25
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Rockythechao wrote: 5 years ago The fights take place in the Banana Realm.

but yeah ngl I thought they were caves myself up until I had the outside pile realization on video 2 of this LP. Even then the clouds are like nigh-impossible to make out, hadn't noticed them until y'all pointed them out and even then I had to look up the background rip on TSR
Honestly I always thought the fights were taking place *inside* the banana pile. Which makes no sense, and still wouldn't explain falling stalactites, but this is a game where you can find your partner in a barrel even if you just saw them run away while in front of the barrel.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

strongbadman wrote: 5 years ago Honestly I always thought the fights were taking place *inside* the banana pile
No mere banana cave... but a banana cave.
Valentine
[b]the[/b]
Pronouns: she/her
https://valentine.talkhaus.com/

Post by Valentine »

I not only thought that the fights take place inside of the pile, I will continue thinking it even if it is factually wrong.

A giant ostrich hiding inside of an even bigger pile of bananas is too much of an entertaining thought to let it go that easily.
:trans_pride:
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago
Mata Hari wrote: 5 years ago quoting this because it's fun to know and it's the kind of post that I personally would hate to have stuck at the bottom of the page if I had written it.
isn't the page count 25
Turns out the deleted post was bumping it up for me nyoro~n
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Fun fact 2: In today's 2nd level, if you stop on a stationary platform and let the moving one go forward off screen, the Kong's will play their losing animation, and you'll lose a life.
This actually doesn't happen here, but in another level. There's barely any chances to let the platform ride off into the sunset anyways.

Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

There are actually no photographs in any of these levels! Here's Kremkroc Industries, Inc., though.

Next time, our eyes get seared off by acid, hooray
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

[K] [O] ⠀⠀ [G]
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i have never felt sadder playing a video game than when i grab the [G] and i see in the HUD above me

[K] ⠀⠀ [N] [G]

it's like... where did i go wrong........
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Do you ever feel like a [K] [O] ⠀⠀ [G] in the machine?
ImageImage
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

raocow has almost 99 lives — better reset the game.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

As cheaky as it is to hide that bonus within a bonus, there are hint's to it's existence. First, the arrow in the background pointing at the wall.
Next, the fact that there even is a closed wall, since every bonus room has either an exit door (even if it's just window dressing), or it's a completely open area.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

• Poison Pond: In the second alcove after the midpoint
  • Blackout Basement: Use the steel barrel revealed after clearing the first bonus room to defeat the Manky Kong nearby
Dumb Drum did get a buff in the GBA port: now instead of just wrecking itself, a TNT barrel spawns and the boss doesn't stop slamming until you throw it. If you miss the throw, it repeats the phase.

Also, when I said yesterday that our eyes would be seared off by acid...
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

wonder if rao is gonna bust out the gbc version in the mines

it has an exclusive level for whatever reason
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

since raocow likes the factory music so much, i'll leave this here

a guy named sam miller located the original samples for the dkc music, and, after extracting the audio data, re-mastered all the music in dkc

also for fun, here's renditions for other systems:

and also they re-did the song for the DKC Returns, so even more reason to lp that game
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Fear Factory is so great and it's downright criminal that it has yet to appear in a Smash game.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

It is, but at the same time the DK stages are always jungle levels, so that's why we have a dozen different Jungle Hijinx remixes by now. Hell, it was super strange that they included Ice Cave Chant in Ultimate. If only they allowed you to play any music on any stage. Imagine Shadow Moses with a Fear Factory remix.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Billowing Toxic Gas Pond
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago It is, but at the same time the DK stages are always jungle levels, so that's why we have a dozen different Jungle Hijinx remixes by now. Hell, it was super strange that they included Ice Cave Chant in Ultimate. If only they allowed you to play any music on any stage. Imagine Shadow Moses with a Fear Factory remix.
The My Music section would need an overhaul then, since choosing over 80 songs for a Mario stage is hard enough as it is. Now want to up that to over 900?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Yeah the best way they could handle it is with a button that allows you to Add songs to a stage from the soundtrack list. Because I agree, scrolling 90 songs for every Mario stage is a very time-consuming process...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Remembered Poison Pond being one of the more notorious levels, and I'm glad to see it didn't disappoint. Without Enguarde, that level is kind of rough! Now for the world that I can only sort of barely recall even though I know there are a couple of rough ones.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I like how they scale the cave walls when going from the first level to the second, rather than cross the bridge that's right there.
Last edited by SAJewers 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I'm surprised at the number of people that don't remember anything about Chimp Caverns. Everyone must have collectively blocked Platform Perils from their memory as a coping mechanism.

Also RE Number of stages left vs. number of videos left, there are two normal stages and two bosses.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image