(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

Post by Voltgloss »

Title.jpg
Title.jpg (124.64 KiB) Viewed 15612 times

La-Mulana - 1 - don't look back (Adventure)
La-Mulana - 2 - the art of theft (The Edifice)
La-Mulana - 3 - glittermitten grove (Crystal and Stone Beetle and Bone)
La-Mulana - 4 - double dragon neon (Cutthroats)
La-Mulana - 5 - civilization (Ghost Town)
La-Mulana - 6 - abobo's big adventure (The Witness)
La-Mulana - 7 - rockin kats (Cattus Atrox)
La-Mulana - 8 - aladdin (Pyramid of Doom)
La-Mulana - 9 - goof troop (Infidel)
La-Mulana - 10 - hatris (Byzantine Perspective)
La-Mulana - 11 - clock tower (Slap That Fish)
La-Mulana - 12 - harpooned (Seastalker)
La-Mulana - 13 - the lost vikings 2 (Perdition's Flames)
La-Mulana - 14 - eversion (Bigger Than You Think)
La-Mulana - 15 - l'abbaye des morts (Everybody Dies)
La-Mulana - 16 - hot throttle (All Roads)
La-Mulana - 17 - black lodge (Hunter, in Darkness)
La-Mulana - 18 - rocky rodent (Beet the Devil)
La-Mulana - 19 - kabuki quantum fighter (Little Blue Men)
La-Mulana - 20 - golden axe (Moonmist)
La-Mulana - 21 - maze of galious (A Fine Day for Reaping)
La-Mulana - 22 - way (City of Secrets)
La-Mulana - 23 - splatterhouse: wanpaku graffiti (The Worm in Paradise)
La-Mulana - 24 - mondo agency (Slouching Towards Bedlam)
La-Mulana - 24.5
La-Mulana - 25 - archon (You Will Select A Decision)
La-Mulana - 26 - panic restaurant (The Elysium Enigma)
La-Mulana - 27 - jackie chan's action kung fu (BSE)
La-Mulana - 28 - ys iii: wanderers from ys (Endless, Nameless)
La-Mulana - 29 - arkanoid: doh it again (One Eye Open)
La-Mulana - 30 - ufouria (Superluminal Vagrant Twin)
La-Mulana - 31 - night slashers (Dual Transform)
La-Mulana - 32 - sweet home (Sorcerer)
La-Mulana - 33 - sküljagger (Fail-Safe)
La-Mulana - 34 - klax (The Lurking Horror)
La-Mulana - 35 - tyrian (Jigsaw)
La-Mulana - 36 - deadly towers (Babel)
La-Mulana - 37 - the power (Curses!)
La-Mulana - 38 - minotaur in a china shop (The Queen's Menagerie)
La-Mulana - 39 - mappy-land (Delightful Wallpaper)
La-Mulana - 40 - karoshi (Photopia)
La-Mulana - 41 - cocoron (All Things Devours)
La-Mulana - 42 - act raiser (Augmented Fourth)
La-Mulana - 43 - heiankyo alien (69,105 Keys)
La-Mulana - 44 - chzo mythos (Conan Kill Everything)
La-Mulana - 45 - i was in the war (their angelical understanding)
La-Mulana - 46 - arkanoid ds (Not Just An Ordinary Ballerina)
La-Mulana - 47 - gokujyou parodius (Starcross)
La-Mulana - 48 - barbie and the magic of pegasus (Spellbreaker)
La-Mulana - 49 - bio miracle bokutte upa (Suspended)
La-Mulana - 50 - jikkyou oshaberi parodius (Make It Good)
La-Mulana - 51 - chuck rock (Balances)
La-Mulana - 52 - mondo medicals (To Hell in a Hamper)
La-Mulana - 53 - cave story (Sins Against Mimesis)
La-Mulana - 54 - shadowgate (Coloratura)
La-Mulana - 55 - knytt (Narcolepsy)
La-Mulana - 56 - rose and camellia (Masquerade)
La-Mulana - 57 - tetris (Leather Goddesses of Phobos)
La-Mulana - 58 - a perfectly normal version of the legend of zelda: a link to the past (Ecdysis)
La-Mulana - FINAL - 59 - la-mulana (Wishbringer)

From the manual...

Thank you very much for buying Ruins Exploration Archaeological action game "La-Mulana".

If you read this instructions before playing the game, you can play the game with more fun. We would think dashing into the ruins without a preliminary knowledge is manly, however you may want to read this.

"La-Mulana" is a game that is made old-fashioned of from beginning to end.
But I think this have the oft-forgotten fun of the games recently, and we have made this game our best to show what retro 2D games have evolved as they are.

Be sure to play through, or clear in hard mode, or give up.
Last edited by Voltgloss 4 years ago, edited 93 times in total.
Voltgloss

Re: La-Mulana

Post by Voltgloss »

CLUES FROM PARTICULAR NPCs
(Spoilers used only for streamlining purposes. All notes recorded here are limited to those that raocow has already seen.)

Elder Xelpud
- Welcome! You that Professor Lemeza, am I right? I think, er, I know what you're looking for--La-Mulana, right? Them ruins can be reached down by the outskirts of this village. Your father went in there to do his research, but he ain't been back for some days now. I ain't got a clue to what he's after, but since ancient times folks been passing rumors down about secret treasures. Heck, even the origin of life itself may be hiding inside these ruins. Generation after generation, we've protected La-Mulana. Even so, I don't really know what her secrets are. I won't stop you from entering the ruins, but mind you the mysteries of La-Mulana are unsolved because those who go in don't come back out, dead or alive. Who knows what happens to you... Anyway, I'll tell my people to open the entrance. Take a weight with you, too. By the way, that is one snazzy laptop! And it's made just for archeological exploration? This is amazing, so thin and light! And of course, looks like it's made in Japan. I hear they make good games there too. Oh, one last thing. Unlike your father, you look like you need a hand. Take this software; I developed it myself. It only gets incoming e-mails from me. You can't reply, but I'll send you all sorts of tips. Lemme see your laptop... Here we go, it's installed, but don't forget you gotta activate it from the software screen. And be sure to read all my e-mails. If I send you an e-mail telling you to come back to the village--well then--you best come back! Got it? Alrighty, you're all set now! Off you go!

- What are you still doing here? You ain't gone into the ruins yet? Ha ha, you aren't scared, are you?

- I see you got a Hand Scanner. Good thing, since you need it to inspect skeletons and stone tablets. You can also inspect big ol' murals and statues.

- You made it! Actually, I called you back for no good reason. I'm just bored. Sorry, ha ha! Don't get all mad and rush off. Please, take a seat and eat some of my home made bat curry. Anyway, being an archeologist sure seems dangerous. Even after I warned you about the monsters and traps, you still went in them ruins. If you can solve all the puzzles without dying, you might actually meet the legendary Four Philosophers. If they actually exist... Mmmm, this curry sure is tasty! You wanna hear that again?

- There you are. Got something I wanted to tell you. This here's a story that's been passed down in the village. "Those that set them complex traps in the ruins are waiting for the strong one." I don't know who's waiting. It's just an old legend. And I find it hard to believe that anyone could live in the ruins. But legend has it, someone sleeps within the ruins, waiting to help this strong one. I thought it might be good for you to keep an eye out for that sort of thing, since it seems your research is coming along. Of course, I have no idea where this "someone" is supposed to be sleeping! You wanna hear that again?

- So you made it. Now, hurry up and go buy that newfangled laptop! And let me have a turn at it! With it you can install twice as many applications. I will install a ton of games for you!

- Oh, so you came across the Serpent Staff. There's a monster called Argus near the altar on the edge of the village. We need to make an offering to the shrine, but that monster's in the way, and we can't take it down without the Serpent Staff. So really, this is perfect--get down there and take 'em out.

- That Talisman... It belonged to your father. Your father went in them ruins and ain't come back since. Seems like he was researching something deep inside. You should look for your father's Diary. I'm sure he had it with him. There may be things about what he was studying written in it. What? You saw a guy in the ruins that looked like your father? That's crazy. It's been many days since he went in. You wanna hear that again? Look for the Diary, alright?

- Did you find the Diary? What? The treasure chest is hidden in a place that you can't get to? I see. Your father is a smart man. He must've gotten a good handle on the traps in the ruins. Okay, got it. Let me figure something out.

- Oh, so you're back. Hm? What's with that face. I told you, you don't need to worry about me. I'm an invincible old man. Now then, it looks like you found your father's Diary. All right. I'll explain everything. We are descendants of a race who sees the departing off. We are the seventh children of the Mother. We are the ones who sent off the last race to spring forth from and thrive in these ruins... or rather, the Mother. That's you, the last race, the eighth children, the humanity of present day, We are in charge of sending you all off. All of mankind and civilization were born here. Take this, the Mulana Talisman. I heard that if you have this, you can get your hands on the cursed treasure. Well then, go see the Four Philosophers, in your father's stead. You want me to repeat that? Go meet the Four Philosophers.

- Our race has continued to protect the ruins, following the teachings of the Four Philosophers that sleep within the ruins. The Four Philosophers realized the Mother's wish to return to the skies was not possible. Instead they hope to give her a peaceful death. This is the conclusion that we, the seventh children, at last settled on. It's sad, but we gotta entrust this task to you, the eighth children. I guess it just goes to show... that children will someday leave their parents. Your father was after the Mother's crystallized spirit, the Secret Treasure of Life. I hope that you can obtain it in your father's place. You wanna hear that again? Okay then.

- That a Crystal Skull? That's what folks call an out-of-place-artifact, ain't it? It was made by chiseling a single piece of crystal. People still haven't figured out how these things were made so perfectly. There's a famous one at a museum in some country called England. I think they made a lousy movie out of one too... What? No I don't know what it's for.

- What a strange key. Really Weird.

- What's up with that dirty doll? You use it to prove you're a little man? That don't make a lick of sense. Why don't you try using it in a place that makes you look like a little man?

- Oh, what perfect timing. I was eating a bat salad, but I wanna add a bit of extra punch to the flavor. Gimme that Pepper. Ahh, it really brings out that bitter bat taste.

- Whoa, that's bright. What is that lamp? Ah, you bought the Lamp of Time. It's a strange lamp that can stop time. Oh, don't use it in front of me.

- Why, that's a Cog of the Soul. It's pretty much a key that's used to perform the forbidden art of bringing clay to life. I think you stick it somewhere to get a machine to move, but that's the kind of thing that you'd expect to be forbidden so... Maybe you shouldn't use it?

- That there's a clay figurine known as the Woman Statue. The forms actually pretty sexy. Hey, I may be old, but I can still kick it.

- Hey, hey. The Woman Statue. Her belly looks swollen. Like she's pregnant. I ain't into married women.

- What's that? That is one dirty bucket. No one's going to buy that from you. Why on earth would you bring back a hunk-a-junk like that?

- That's a fancy pochette you got there. What? That's one of the things you found? What it for? Actually, I remember seeing a mural at the Gate of Guidance that had something just like that. In the mural, someone was riding a vehicle, and stuffed that pochette right into it.

- Ooh, what's that? Magatama Jewel? They sure are round.

- That there thing you're holding, that's called the Djed Pillar. Infuse it with the power of words, and it will show their true worth. I actually have no idea what it's used for. Well, it probably changes words into power. Maybe you use it to chant spells?

- Always feels good to soak in the hot springs on the outskirts of the village, don't it? It looks like you can dig up some hot springs in this area. Perhaps there are some in the ruins.

- What, you worrying about my gaming addiction? I'm fine, I'm fine, I can quit anytime I want... just not today.

- What the?!? I was just in the middle of writing you an email! Ugh, what am I supposed to do when you show up before I even get a chance to send it? Work with me, son!

- I'm gaming right now. Don't bug me.

- There's this game I wanna download but I don't have enough points on my card. You, go to the next town and buy me $10 worth of points. The town? It's only 100 miles away.

- No!! Argh, I'm only on stage two and the boss just killed me. If only you hadn't barged in like that!

- The good action games are the ones that make you jump around in your seat!

- I~ am~ the Elder~♪ I~ am~ important~♪

- I'm hungry.

- I want to play a shooter game. There aren't too many new shooter games these days.

- Ugh... My arms hurt from sending too many e-mails. I need to pace myself.

- This demo is way too long.

- Actually, I'm the final boss in this game. Naw, I'm just messin' with ya.

- There's actually a hidden dungeon underneath my home. Naw, just kidding.

- Oh I wish I was rich.

- Oh! Oh n-no, not at all-ah, it's not what it looks like. I mean, I'm not looking at anything dirty or all perverted-like! Just... Ah, get out of here!

- I'm actually a girl. If you finish the game, you'll get real *special* photo of me. Just kidding.

- This sucks... I give up. The stage two boss is too tough... It's just not fair, he's got two swords...

- The wind sure is howling today...

- The wind sure is howling to....daaaayyy...
Mulbruk
- My name is Mulbruk. By order of the Four Philosophers, I, Mulbruk await the strong one. Under the divine protection of Isis, my life is preserved in an eternal slumber. In accordance with the ancient contract, I shall lend my powers to the one who awakens me.

- Hmm? Yawn, Mulbruk slept well. Oh? Are you the one who woke me? I see. Then I'll led you a hand... yaaawn. Hmph. Mulbruk will help you, but still terribly sleepy. For now, here is some useful information. Wedjet is another name for the God Horus. Horus is the God that the fifth children worshiped. It's an eye that supposedly sees everything from on high. See? Mulbruk knows pretty much anything! Yaaaawn. Sorry, sleepy. Going to sleep for a while. See you later.

- Mulbruk finally starting to wake up. Mulbruk is the daughter of an excellent tailor, and one of the race of the Four Philosophers. Father worked for the Philosophers, so naturally Mulbruk served them as well. Mulbruk was chosen to be your helper because of her excellence. So if you run into any problems, come see me. Mulbruk cannot move, to preserve eternal life.

- A field covered in darkness you say? Actually, that's right next door. Mulbruk think there's a way to make it bright, but it's difficult. First you have to solve the riddle of the God of the Light in the Chamber of Birth, then there will be a change in the Chamber of Extinction. It's still far ahead. Be patient and don't be hasty! Need me to repeat?

- A corridor that never ends you say? But that's the Endless Corridor. Of course it would never end. But if you had the Key of Eternity then you could travel deep inside. But even deep inside, it's still endless! It's brilliant. Need me to repeat?

- You can't climb the Tower of the Goddess you say? Weakling! There was some trick to easily climb to the top. Wasn't there a flying machine floating around? Why don't you use that? But before that, you should try your best to climb it yourself. Need me to repeat?

- The Chamber of Birth you say? Mulbruk thinks that's where the sixth children lived. They were born from clay, those people. They worshiped very unique gods there. Shiva, the God of Destruction, Vishnu, the god that sustains the world, Brahma, the God of Creation, and others. Shiva's wife Parvati has multiple personalities, and she sometimes turns into the God of War. Need me to repeat?

- You want to know more about the Gods in the Chamber of Birth, you say? Okay, Mulbruk try her best to teach you. There's the God of Water Saraswati, the God of Harvest Lakshmi, the God of Scholars Ganesha, the God of Blood and Battle Kali, and who else... Mulbruk sleepy. You'll have to go there and see for yourself what each god looks like. Why don't you use a magnifying glass? Need me to repeat? Good night.

- An enemy that sucks life? Does it happen to have a dog-like head? That's probably Anubis. It seems he's the god of the dead. If you had what's known as the Book of the Dead, then it wouldn't be able to suck your life. But Mulbruk don't know where that is. Oh. What Mulbruk have in Mulbruk's hand right now is the Book of the Dead. So here, you can have it. Need me to repeat? Then Mulbruk going back to sleep.

- That ocarina you have. Actually, isn't that the Philosopher's Ocarina? Ah... The Philosophers are finally awake. My role here may soon come to an end. Need me to repeat? Then Mulbruk going back to sleep.

- That thing you have, it's called a laptop, correct? How fancy. Mulbruk has seen something similar before. There's a wall with directions on how to make one of those things move written on it. Need me to repeat? Then Mulbruk going back to sleep.

- Did you meet the Fairy Queen? The fairies, too, live inside these ruins to help you. They'll relieve your fatigue, but amongst them is also a fairy that holds a key. Apparently, it is a key that unlocks some trap. When you find it, take it to the puzzle you failed to solve.

- The first children were snakes from their belly down. Perhaps they were the closest to the Mother's true form. They worshiped the Mother as god, but they didn't understand her wishes. They wanted the Mother's powers and imitated her, but they failed miserably. It seems they were then destroyed by the second children.

- The third children were winged, and flying came naturally to them. They were smart, and spread to the Surface using the wisdom of civilizations past. But overpopulation became a problem, and they eventually split into demons and angels, starting a war. They completely forgot about returning the Mother to the heavens. Instead they created a country somewhere on the Surface, but most of it was flooded by the Mother in her wrath, sinking beneath the sea. They then caused an eruption in the ruins, and were destroyed all at once.

- Actually, it seems my father is also sleeping eternally, somewhere in these ruins. My father was an exceptional tailor, but he admired the philosophers and tried his best to become one. However, he wasn't cut from the right cloth, so to speak, and failed to become a philosopher. He figured out a way to create amazing clothing that could possibly become a treasure to the human race. He has yet to create it though. He figured out the technique for eternal sleep on his own, and is waiting for the day when he could make the clothes. Mulbruk would like to help him fulfill his wish. Apparently, the clothes fit me perfectly. Would you please search for my poor father? Need me to repeat? Good night!

- A statue that does not have to do with any puzzles, you say? There are lots of statues in the ruins. Mulbruk think someone from a later age made them and put them up as decoration. Do you recall any statues like that? Need me to repeat? Good night!

- He's after me I tell you. That guy in the hat, he's going to get me... He wants Mulbruk... Wowee! Mulbruk was asleep.

- Hmm. Mulbruk is sleepy. Just 100 years. Let me sleep for 100 more years.

- Ow, ow, ow. I'm tired, but stone floors make poor beds.

- Snort.

- Mulbruk sleeping right now. Don't wake me. Stop it!

- Mmmgh! I can't eat any more.

- You brought Father's clothes! ...uh, ewwwww! Why are you wearing them! Mulbruk don't want those! Stop, don't take them off here! Stop it, stop it, stop it!
Fairy Queen
- Oh my, you're a human. I am the queen of the fairies that live in these ruins. The Four Philosophers instructed us to help the humans who visit us here, and thus we have been waiting. My fellow fairies will help you. But first you must prove that you're worthy of our powers. Find Isis' Pendant, which lies somewhere in these ruins. Bring the pendant to me. Only then shall we be able to help you. Would you like to hear that once more? Then good luck on your search for the pendant.

- That is indeed Isis' Pendant. My fellow fairies will help you now, as promised. We shall make it so that tiny lights are visible in specified areas of the ruins. Come into contact with those lights, and the fairies will appear. As I am the queen, I shall remain here. Return to me if you are faced with a task beyond my fairies' powers.

- Come see me again when the time comes.
The Four Philosophers
in the Temple of Moonlight
- I commend you for reaching me, chosen one. I am Alsedana, one of the Four Philosophers. I am the Philosopher of Death. I will reveal to you one of the mysteries of these ruins. We have long slumbered to grant the Mother's wish. The Mother descended to this land from the sky. We do not know from where exactly she came. But the Mother wished to return home. The Mother had lost her ability to move, and so gave birth to many children. This is the origin of humanity. Mankind was born to return the Mother to the skies. They gained knowledge in these ruins, departed to the world outside, and searched for the means to take her back while themselves thriving. Yes... these ruins are the Mother herself. It is impossible to send the Mother home to the skies. If her wish cannot be granted, the best we can do is to give her eternal sleep. Shall I repeat that? Chosen one. Set the Mother free from her sadness... That is our only wish...

in the Spring in the Sky
- I commend you for reaching me, chosen one. My name is Giltoriyo, one of the Four Philosophers. I am the Philosopher of Knowledge. The Mother failed time and time again. The 1st children could not see for what the Mother truly longed, wanting only her powers. The 2nd children were destroyed in the civil war of the Giants. The 3rd children were only interested in their own powers. The 4th children were a race of men in the form of fish. The 5th children sought the secret to life and death, once again begetting a power hungry race. The 6th children were dolls of clay made by the 5th children. Alas, too many were made, igniting a war that extended all the way to the Surface. After some time, we, the 7th children were born of the earth. We came to know these ruins through and through, ultimately realizing that we would not be able to grant the Mother's wish. Thus we gave no memory of the Mother to ye, the 8th children. We believed that only those who perceived the Mother as "ruins" could truly defeat her. The Mother's flesh spans the whole of these ruins. It is considered impossible to defeat her. You must attack her soul. Summon the Mother's soul here, and force her to take shape. The technique has been laid out for you. It is a hidden technique that we the 7th children created... I shall tell thee how it is done. Drive 8 wedges into the Mother's body. Take the Djed Pillar and Magatama Jewel in hand and recite the mantra. The mantra has been inscribed upon the markers. Drive the wedges from the heels. Shall I repeat that? Please, chosen one. Our wish is to set the Mother free...

in the Tower of the Goddess
- I commend you for reaching me, chosen one. My name is Samaranta, one of the Four Philosophers. I am the Philosopher of Power. The Mother's soul sleeps within the Shrine of the Mother. That is where the last Ankh lies. The last red light will reveal its true form. You who have traveled through these ruins-- your strength will put the Mother to rest. We the Four Philosophers have been blocking three paths. My path has been opened. Seek Fobos and Giltoriyo for the other paths. Shall I repeat that? Go forth on your path, chosen one...

in the Dimensional Corridor
- I commend you for reaching me, chosen one. I am Fobos, one of the Four Philosophers. I am the Philosopher of Life. The Mother's power is to create life. In the past, there were those that sought this power, trying to imitate it. Tiamat, Nüwa... None could match the Mother. The Mother's power can be obtained from the secret elixir of life. The elixir is in the hands of the pure and mischievous spirit. You must visit her. Recite to her the incantation of life, Birth. To those that trick you, recite the incantation of eternal rest, Death. The Mother's powers cannot be obtained unless you have the true secret elixir. Would you like me to repeat that? Go now, chosen one.
Last edited by Voltgloss 4 years ago, edited 101 times in total.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

LEMEZA'S NOTEBOOK - THE FIELDS
(Spoilers used only for streamlining purposes. All notes recorded here are limited to those that raocow has already seen.)

Surface
Map, Exits, Shops, and raocow's Observations
Full Map - Surface.png
Full Map - Surface.png (339.41 KiB) Viewed 11727 times
Exits
X1 = to Gate of Guidance
X2 = to Tower of the Goddess
X3 = to Chamber of Extinction
X4 = to Inferno Cavern

Shops
S1 = Cheap, cheap! Get it here!
- Hand Scanner (purchased), Ammunition ($400), Shuriken Ammo ($10)

S2 = Adventure time, eh? Better stock up!
- Buckler ($10), Waterproof Case (purchased), Pistol (purchased)

S3 = This is a PC shop. Whacha need?
- Weights ($10), Glyph Reader (purchased), Yagoo Map Reader (purchased)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- Legend has it that Argus, a monster with a blue body that is covered in eyes, is weak against the Serpent Staff.
- There's a hot spring on the outskirts of the village, on the way to the altar. It's a good way to rest your bones.

Tablets and Signs
- This is a Holy Grail Tablet. You can pick up from the last Holy Grail Tablet you touched, or save by pressing ↓. Everyone, make sure to follow the rules when using the Holy Grail Tablet. From Elder Xelpud
- Those entering these ruins, beware. "They" lurk within this land of ordeals. Death awaits the powerless. They will speak only to those who have learned the seven histories and overcome the challenges herein.
- Danger!!! No entry beyond this point.
- Rapid water beyond this point. Weaklings should turn back here.

Skeletons
- I got a map and was looking at it as I walked. And then, I fell and sort of died. Heh heh--well, maybe it's not that funny...

Research
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Split Gate] Similar to the Candi Bentar of Bali Island, but decorated differently.
- [Hot Spring] Effects: Recover Health, Rheumatism, Curry Addiction

Gate of Guidance
Full Map - Gate of Guidance.png
Full Map - Gate of Guidance.png (303.69 KiB) Viewed 13636 times
Exits and Ankh
X1 = to Surface
X2 = to Spring in the Sky
X3 = to Mausoleum of the Giants
X4 = to Temple of the Sun
X5 = to Gate of Illusion
! = Ankh

Shops
S1 = Buy.... Something...
- Shuriken Ammo ($10), Guild (purchased), Weights ($10)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- Eight spirits dwell within this land. The spirits are guardians, protectors of these grounds. The spirits slumber within Ankhs that will shatter under the bright red light. The spirits will awaken at that time. The Ankh of these lands lies beyond the path of the gazing faces, and the jewel is at the foot of the Cliff of Radiance.

Tablets
- Behold the Gate of Guidance. Death awaits those who would disturb this land.
- The Guild runs a hid__n s___. Put ___er aside in favor of m__ey and barter.
- The sad tale of the Giants. The tragic history of the Giants is written here.
- To those who push the white box: The white platform and white box are drawn to each other.
- This is where the Mother lays to rest. In this path of trials, only heroes who do not fear death are permitted to proceed.
- Those who challenge the Guardian. Know thy strength. Death awaits the powerless. The future awaits those who train themselves and take on the challenge.
- A Watchtower soars above the Temple of the Sun. Traps to capture thieves have been newly set. In a newly constructed wall, too, the key has been hidden.
- Offer 3 lights to the heavens.
- Pour thy memories into the Holy Grail. Leave thy mark on this land. Then raise the Holy Grail up and recall lands once traveled. In doing so, thou will once again stand upon that land.
- Thou traipses on holy ground. Take care not to cause any needless damage. Those who do not heed this warning will be dealt punishment from the Heavens.
- Courageous one, embrace the power. If thou seeketh power, prove thine courage.
- It shall connect once held in the mouth. When one swallows, the other spits out.
- There are 8 Ankhs. 8 Ankhs that protect the great spirits. Seek the red light; the Ankh Jewel. The guardians that slumber within the Ankh will test thine strength.
- Fear not the water. The water holds the answers for those who have been delivered by it. Cross the Sacred Lake.
- Chi You, the demon who attained the power of eternity by absorbing the life force of innocent maidens. Woe unto those that fall into the Sacrificial Abyss.
* Chant these words. The name of the one who started everything. And grant them eternal slumber. As the last child. With LAMULANA.

Skeletons
- These ruins are littered with traps. I lack the energy to escape...
- I figured out where the Cliff of Radiance is! But there's some sort of door here blocking my way... Pulling doesn't open it...Actually, there isn't even a door knob to pull. I wonder if I was supposed to push... guess I'll never know.
- How many times have I fallen here? Shoulda figured it's a trap.
- Whoa, that red one is way too strong! I gotta watch out for that bone attack! ..Oh ...wait, I'm already all bone. Right.
- Apparently this is the "Pillars Gate," a room within the "Gate of Guidance". So there's a name for each of room, huh. Hehe, I've learned something interesting! But I'm likely going to die soon.
- These words, they're Greek to me... I should've bought that Glyph Reader...
- ...can't believe I fell for... such an obvious trap...
- I found an escape route! These ruins seem to be connected in a very mysterious fashion...
- Room names are written within the puzzles on the stone tablets. But how should I know the name of each room in the ruins? I wish I had a map or something.
- I guess that those who have courage can obtain weapons, but ... If I jump into these spikes I'll die.
- What is with this... No matter how many times I try, the treasure box won't open.
- "The first age of the sun was destroyed by flood, The second age of the sun was destroyed by the god of wind, The third age of the sun was destroyed by the god of fire, The fourth age of the sun was destroyed by blood and fire falling from the sky." The same thing was written in Mayan prophecy. Could there be a connection?
- "Two brave souls" "Quiet solitude" "A rock that reaches a high place" What is this brave soul?
- I made it this far, despite being dead! I deserve a pat on the back!

Research
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Oannes] A deity in Babylonian mythology, half man, half fish, who taught the Sumerians wisdom.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: The Mechanical God] Resembles the mural discovered in the La Venta ruins of the Olmec civilization in Mexico. Looks like a human riding a dragon-shaped machine.

Mausoleum of the Giants
Map, Exits, Shops and raocow's Observations
Full Map - Mausoleum of the Giants.png
Full Map - Mausoleum of the Giants.png (516.45 KiB) Viewed 13465 times
! = Ankh
A = "Also there's that weight machine! ... What does this mean? I can't put a weight on it or anything. Did I activate something? It said something. What happened? Please tell me Mr. Giant!"
Weight machine.png
Weight machine.png (116.65 KiB) Viewed 14126 times
Exits
X1 = to Gate of Guidance
X2 = to Twin Labyrinths
X3 = to Endless Corridor
X4 = to Graveyard of the Giants

Shops
S1 = I can't rest in piece if you don't buy something...
- Hermes' Boots (purchased), Rolling Shuriken Ammo ($10), Weights ($10)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- A Nebra Sky Disk lies beneath this land. Leap upon what floats there from high above. The heavens shall then move at your command.

Tablets
- Behold the Mausoleum of the Giants. The sad memories of the Giants are contained within.
- We were unable to fulfill the great Mother's wishes. Now I too, the last remaining of us, am due for a long slumber. Abuto
- The Mother was great. She made even the Giants look tiny. The Giants were great. Thou art tiny, like a little doll.
- Thou are forbidden from again laying eyes on this marker. Those who heed not this warning will suffer the pain of death.
- The sun shone brightly the day Ledo fell in battle. A gaping hole in his chest, he entered his eternal slumber.
- This is where the Ghost Lord lives. Come one, come all. The Ghost Lord will appear before your eyes. Gather round, gather round. Sit tight until he is full grown.
- For the tower to fly, much water was needed. Migela carried a lake to this land, then drew his last breath.
- Concerned for his brothers, Ribu dug a hole to send the lake's water to the tower. His strength exhausted, he then laid down to rest.
- T'was a moonlit night that Ji started praying to the land.
- A blanket of countless stars spread over Bado, falling into a deep slumber.
- Abuto, Ji, Ribu, and Sakit all hoped there would come day when the mother would live in this land.
- Zebu would not budge, for he was the one who sustained the land, but the rest of them split into two sides and continued the battle.
- Those who plunder the red l____. Shall never esc__e.
- Zebu, the first born, was holding up the land, and thus unable to move.
- In order to return the Mother to the heavens, Bado, Migela, Ledo, and Futo built a flying tower.
- The 1st child had the body of a snake. The 2nd child, a large body. The 3rd child soared through the sky. The 4th child had the body of a fish. The 5th child had wisdom. The 6th child was born of the earth. The 7th child cast the Mother away. The 8th child did not know the Mother. Let us place the spirit of the 9th child into the body of child 0.
- The youngest, Sakit, tread his own path. He put a key on Ledo's body, falling into slumber with his powers in hand.
- The celestial bodies lie within. Control the celestial bodies, and even time may be shifted.
- We are the second race born of the great Mother. We were created in order to return the Mother to the heavens. Let me tell you the sad tale of our race. The race began with nine brothers: Zebu, Bado, Migela, Ledo, Futo, Abuto, Ji, Ribu, and Sakit.
- Migela is left-handed.

Skeletons
- So these are the ruins of those beings known as Giants... I am just THIS close to deciphering the legend of the Giants, but...
- Ghosts are frightening.
- "Strength lies at the foot of Futo". But which one is Futo...?
- Seems like for this contraption you need to land on the floating platform with a lot of power. It won't budge if you don't jump from high enough. Proof? I jump about as good as a stone, so when I hopped onto the platform I slipped and fell to my death. How's that for proof?

Research
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: The Sealed Wall] A wall with a relief of a huge eye. It seems to be hiding something very important.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: Cross of Light] A cross that can be found at various locations. All were placed at a later time.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Wondjina Deity of the Sky] Resembles the sky deity that appears in Aboriginal mythology. Resembles an astronaut in full gear.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Cromlech] Resembles the Oyukanjou cromlech located in the Akita prefecture of Japan.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Nazca Lines] A series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert of Peru. This mural resembles one of those geoglyphs, said to be of a tree. It seems to be drawn upside down in this mural.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Nazca Lines] A series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert of Peru. This mural resembles one of those geoglyphs, said to be of a dolphin.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Nazca Lines] A series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert of Peru. This mural resembles one of those geoglyphs, said to be of a hand.

Other
"Also there's that weight machine! ... What does this mean? I can't put a weight on it or anything. Did I activate something? It said something. What happened? Please tell me Mr. Giant!"
Weight machine.png
Weight machine.png (116.65 KiB) Viewed 14126 times

Temple of the Sun
Exits, Shops, and raocow's Observations (no Map found)
Exits
X1 = to Gate of Guidance (top center)
X2 = to Inferno Cavern (upper left)
X3 = to Chamber of Extinction (lower right)
X4 = to Twin Labyrinths (bottom center)
X5 = to Temple of Moonlight (bottom center, gate above Ankh room)
X6 = to Temple of Moonlight (center of pyramid)

Shops
S1 = You may buy. (center, where Knife was found)
- Rolling Shuriken Ammo ($10), Earth Spear Ammo ($20), TextTrax (purchased)

S2 = It has been 5,000 years since the last customer. (bottom center, up and right from Ankh room)
- Heatproof Case (purchased), Flare Gun ammo ($40), Weights ($10)

S3 = Woah, I'm impressed that you actually found me. The only discount shop in the ruins! (unlocked by Death Seal)
- Ammunition ($350), Bomb Ammo ($80), Shuriken Ammo ($10)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- The Goddess Isis is at the Temple of the Sun. She gave birth to Horus, and is a figure of motherhood. Because of this fact, she waits silently, perched higher than any other god.

Tablets
- Behold the Temple of the Sun. A shrine devoted to courageous men.
- Jump into the Sun.
- A statue of the Giant waits in the land of inferno. The words of the spirit are hidden within, but one must wait for them to present themselves.
- Cast a light. The truth shall be revealed.
- Challenge the Inferno Cavern. The road ahead is long. Those who proceed, be prepared to face death.
- Aim and shoot.
- There is man, therefore there is woman. A weapon shall not be used within the woman.
- I was told to choose three women. They are waiting at the promised location. I couldn't do it. They yet still wait within the Moon-Gazing Pit. To the one who reads this now, please, pierce her heart in my stead. She who never lets her smile fade.
- Fill this place with ___er. The mirror that ____als the hi___n side will come within thy reach.
- There is no light up ahead.
- The woman shall be with child when within the man.
- Those that fly shall be cast down.
- The path that connects two pyramids.
- Meditate under Wedjet. Do nothing more than pray.
- To the one who has solved all the puzzles. Make thy descent now.
- The holy fish dwells on this rock. It shall be transformed into a Scalesphere when polished by a maiden of purity. It shall protect thou from the impure water.
- Call forth the power of the twins. The twins are two in one. The twins are identical to each other.
- Isis, the mother of Horus. A flood of motherly love shall grant thee healing powers.
- Recite the mantra correctly. Let us seal Tiamat, Baphomet, Palenque, Viy, Bahamut, Ellmac, Sakit, and Amphisbaena.
- The first mantra is in the corridor. The entrance to the never-ending corridor.
- The second mantra is at the foot of the twins. At the tip of the feet that connect the two.
- The third mantra is on the path leading outside. At the side of Hell's gatekeeper.
- The fourth mantra is inside the Giant. She who stands in the land of inferno.
- The fifth mantra is below the goddess. At the foot of the goddess staring at the collapsed tower.
- The seventh mantra is by the spike. Atop the five mysterious floors.
- The last mantra is the sign of courage.
* Chant these words. Those eyes that gaze upon the truth. The name of those all-seeing eyes that grant divine protection. WEDJET.

Skeletons
- I can't get out... Where's the catch...?
- Can't... climb.
- Can't seem to climb this slope. If only I were just a bit faster.

Research
- [Archaeology Dictionary: The White Giant] Resembles the mural found in Tassili n'Ajjer in the Sahara Desert in Algeria. It is said that the subject is not human, as there are horn-like objects protruding from the arms and head.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: The Statue of Thoth] A statue that resembles the ancient Egyptian deity Thoth. God of knowledge, and creator of the writing system.

Spring in the Sky
Full Map - Spring in the Sky.png
Full Map - Spring in the Sky.png (394.44 KiB) Viewed 12241 times
! = Ankh

Exits
X1 = to Gate of Guidance
X2 = to Temple of the Sun (one-way)
X3 = to Surface (one-way)

Shops
S1 = Won't you buoy something, blub-fishy-blub?
- Weights ($10), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Caltrop Ammo ($30)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- Take the mirror into thy hand. It will reveal the truth of the ruins. There is a hidden side to every room, and the two sides become one. Enter the darkness, descend, proceed forward, ascend, then jump up and strike.

Tablets
- Behold the Spring in the Sky. It is a place built by the Giants.
- Open the floodgate. The water will once again flow. Open the floodgate of Oannes.
- Sail away. There, thou will find where Bahamut slumbers. The fish master holds the red light.
- The Mother's wrath sank the Earth. The people persevered at the bottom of the sea until her anger had subsided. They persevered, until a child with the strength to rise to the Surface was born.
- This water moves the tower. Transformed to power, it flows from here.
- Above the Sun is the Spring in the Sky.
- Those seeking Eden. Open the four boxes. Seek the four pedestals. Stand before a face of the highest rank, in a place bathed in moonlight.
- The priest, Oannes, takes the form of a fish. This land flourishes under him; as only he may close the floodgate.
- Heal thine tired body. The fairy will gently heal thou. The fairy will help thy fight. The fairy will provide treasure. The fairy will reveal secrets.
- Collect the four sigils. The path will expand further still.
- When the waters of the ocean calmed, a new child was born. In pursuit of the sun and the moon, man and woman, life and death, a small, wingless, gill-less child was born.

Skeletons
- This is the aqueduct that Migela made... But it looks like it's not working anymore.
- I'll be washed away by that waterfall. If only I had a Helmet, I could probably get by...

Research
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Celtic Cross] A ringed cross, similar to those that exist in regions of Celtic civilization.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Anunnaki] Resembles the mural of a god in Sumerian mythology. There are theories that they are aliens from the planet Nibiru.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Mushussu] A beast belonging to Marduk, the most powerful god in Babylonian mythology. Originally born of primordial goddess Tiamat.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Oannes] A deity in Babylonian mythology, half man, half fish, who taught the Sumerians wisdom.

Inferno Cavern
Full Map - Inferno Cavern.png
Full Map - Inferno Cavern.png (450.13 KiB) Viewed 11726 times
! = Ankh
A = snake statue

Exits
X1 = to Temple of the Sun
X2 = to Twin Labyrinths
X3 = to Tower of Ruin
X4 = from and to Chamber of Extinction
X5 = to Surface
X6 = to Tower of Ruin

Shops
S1 = Money burning a hole in yer pocket? Time to spend!
- Space Capster II (purchased), Earth Spear Ammo ($20), Weights ($10)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- Two weapons are kept in this land. One lies beyond Pazuzu's guard. The other lies in the Serdab of Light, which extends from the pit of flames.

Tablets
- Behold the Inferno Cavern. It was once the source of strength.
- Turn left and swing your weapon. Turn right and swing your weapon. The souls of the children long-departed shall be awakened.
- When the snakes are enraged, it shall open.
- Stick to the walls. Once the flames die down, kick off the walls and proceed.
- There is more to this land than meets the eye. It is a pivotal location. Tread a different path, and then return to this land again.
- At the bottom of this land lies the darkness that leads to death.
- A cloak made from ice protects one from the heat.
- Those seeking Eden. Open the four boxes. Seek the four pedestals. Find the source of a phenomenal trap, in a place bathed in moonlight.
- The Four Phi_______rs have turned to stone. They continue to protect the ruins.
- Point it to the right and right it shall go; Point it to the left and left it shall go. Err just once, and it shall never reach thy hands.
- Those who have made it this far. We have chosen thee. Come to us. We shall answer the tune of thine ocarina.
* The last jewel lies within ________. The jewel glows red from within the key to the _____.
* Chant these words. The name of the hideous demon that lurks in the land. The hideous demon, whose eyelids droop to the ground. VIY.

Skeletons
- Damn it... so this is it. I'm not handing this software over to anybody. Nobody will know I've hid it in a place like this. Mwahahahahah...ugh!!

Research
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Ajanta Caves] Resembles the stûpa of India's Ajanta Caves. The centerpiece seems to be a statue of a goddess with a snake's body.

Chamber of Extinction
Full Map - Chamber of Extinction.png
Full Map - Chamber of Extinction.png (436.14 KiB) Viewed 11725 times
? = exit not yet accessed
# = Mini Nebra Sky Disk
B = "Palenque's Coffin"

Exits
X2 = to Shrine of the Mother
X3 = to Gate of Time
X4 = from and to Inferno Cavern
X5 = to Chamber of Birth
X6 = to Surface

Shops
S1 = Pretty clever of you to find this place, considering.
- Earth Spear Ammo ($25), Flare Gun Ammo ($45), Chakram Ammo ($55)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- A guardian lurks at the front. If the guardian isn't there then it will be in the back. That is how these ruins work. The Endless Corridor is the only exception to this rule.

Tablets
- Behold the Chamber of Extinction. Here lies the remnants of a disastrous battle.
- Let the light burn here.
- Take the Dragon Bone in hand. It shall light the way to the center of this land.
- The large stone statue is Spriggan. Hostility awakens it. Further attacks will still its unrest.
- The Cog of the Soul gives life. We sprung forth from it, prospered, perished, then departed this world.
- A large crucifix lies beneath the land. Beyond the guard of the God of Destruction, this large crucifix shall summon Palenque.
- Those seeking Eden. Open the four boxes. Seek the four pedestals. Beneath the dancing man's feet, in a place bathed in moonlight.
- The great Mother slumbers at the center of this world. Lay the Dragon Bone to rest there. Thou shall then be permitted to stand in the Mother's presence. Let the map guide its placement.
- Proceed through the wall.
- The god who sustains the world shall disperse the darkness. Look where the shell in the left hand points.
- The gatekeepers of Hell, Ox-head and Horse-face. They await thou at the edge of the darkness. Beyond them lies the last pyramid. The pyramid in which Nüwa sleeps.
* The joyful heart is pearly white, the eloquent heart is black, the sincere heart is purple, the blissful heart is ___, pure heart is white, the passionate heart is red, and the affectionate heart is ___. Every heart has a color.
* There are two Angel Shield, shining golden, in this world. One lies in a twisted world; one can be found within a deception.
* There is a potion that makes the large spirit visible. Seek the righteous spirit.
* Nüwa sleeps in the last pyramid of the burning land. A philosopher blocks the path.
* Chant these words. The name of the one with no name. The name of the one who soars to the skies, the great one with no name. MU.

Research
- Elephant idols are sacred.
- [Research Mode] A stone shaped like a human. It looks as if it was melted instantly by extreme heat.
- [Research Mode] There seems to be writing etched here, but it is impossible to decipher.
- [Research Mode] The red jewel is shining.
- [Research Mode] This mural, said to depict a flying vehicle, has a strange hole in it.
- [Research Mode] There is a small hole in the shape of a Magatama jewel.
- [Research Mode] There is something shining here. It looks like writing of some sort.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: No match found] Very similar to an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh statue, but its design is completely different.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Palenque] Ruins of the Mayan civilization of Mexico. Resembles the relief on the Palenquen king's coffin.

Twin Labyrinths
Map, Exits, and Shops
Full Map - Twin Labyrinths.png
Full Map - Twin Labyrinths.png (460.91 KiB) Viewed 12418 times
Exits
X3 = to Mausoleum of the Giants
X4 = to Inferno Cavern
X5 = to Temple of Moonlight
X6 = to Dimensional Corridor

Shops
S1 = Welcome to the Little Brother's shop.
- Helmet (purchased), Caltrop Ammo ($30), Weights ($10)

S2 = Welcome to Big Brother's shop.
- Dragon Bone (purchased), Earth Spear Ammo ($20), Flare Ammo ($40)

S3 = I've got some amazing wares for you.
- Bracelet (purchased), Bomb Ammo ($100), Caltrop Ammo ($30)

S4 = I'm selling the good stuff!
- Lamp of Time (purchased), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Chakram Ammo ($50)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- The Demon Altar is where the witches gather to summon the demon. The Demon Altar is a place for prayer. Two witches, black and white, call forth Baphomet.

Tablets
- Behold the Twin Labyrinths. The souls of the twins dwell here.
- Behold the Twin Labyrinths. The souls of the twins dwell here.
- The twins, Idigna and Buranun, have the body of a snake. They desired to travel far. This desire took the form of the Twin Statue and its gate. The Twin Statue calls forth the gate's power. The hero Hermes used the statues to release the twins.
- The twins were the sole survivors of the first child. The hero of the third child captured them, and thus obtained the wisdom of the first child.
- Beyond the skull Lies the entrance to the E______________r.
- In the first age of the sun, we were destroyed by flood. In the second age of the sun, the fourth child was destroyed by the god of the wind. In the third age of the sun, the fifth child was destroyed by the god of fire. In the fourth age of the sun, the sixth child was destroyed by a rain of blood and fire. The seventh child disappeared from their era of their own accord, thus arrived the fifth age of the sun. Ye, the eighth child, shall be destroyed in 2015.
- The Demon Lord of Hell, Beelzebub. He who guards the eight souls in front of the Mother.
- There is a god that controls death. There is a god that absorbs life. The words that seal these powers were entrusted to an innocent girl.
- Those that created this contraption are fools. They mistakenly created a puzzle that could not be solved. But after all this time, it has been rewritten. Those who fail to solve this puzzle shall be punished.
- Reveal the light to the grieving twins. Reveal the light to a world destroyed. The hero confers light upon the twins as they hold up the world.
- Five witches, plus one more, will gather, at which point Baphomet will be summoned.
- The Big Brother's shop is for more exclusive clientele. The Little Brother's shop is for regulars.
- Zu has the face of the white king of all beasts. He imprisons the Ankh. Peryton brings with him blue shadows. He shall open this place of meditation.
- The power to stop time. For thine eyes only will time flow. Even things too quick to be seen will become visible.
- Front and ____. Where there's a ___nt, there must be a b___.
- At the foot of the foot-less Nep____. S___ boldly forth, and the flying pedestal will b
- Black onyx means "eloquence". Purple amethyst indicates "sincerity". The meanings are infused into the gemstones.
- The right hatch is Skuld. The left hatch is Verdandi.
- The priests lived in the ruins, watching over all. The four priests turned their bodies to stone, becoming philosophers they obtained eternal life.
- The Ankh is always in the front. When thou findest the right spot think carefully on where that spot is.
- The dance of life.
- Chant a spell to the spirit that holds the secret. The secret elixir that gives shape to the spirit.
* Chant these words. Baphomet's feast, to which the witches flock. The name of the place where the summoned demon shall return. SABBAT.

Research
- [Research Mode] There is a pedestal-like object drawn beneath the volcano.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: The Dolphin Combat Vehicle] A mural depicting a combat vehicle being pulled by dolphins.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: The Statue of Buranun] A statue of twins, said to be the last surviving descendants of the first child. On their back is an etching of the number three, in the script of La-Mulana.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: The Statue of Idigna] A statue of twins, said to be the last surviving descendants of the first child. On their back is an etching of the number three, in the script of La-Mulana.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: Statue of the Hero and Twins] A statue that portrays a winged hero rescuing twins with a snake's body.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: The Statue of Poseidon] Resembles Poseidon, the God of the Sea from Greek mythology. The designs do not belong to any known civilization.

Endless Corridor
Map, Exits, and Shops
Full Map - Endless Corridor.png
Full Map - Endless Corridor.png (208.51 KiB) Viewed 12242 times
# = Mini Nebra Sky Disk

Exits
X1 = to Mausoleum of the Giants
X3 = to Shrine of the Mother

Shops
S1 = Welcome to the Endless shop, dude.
- Bomb Ammo ($100), Caltrop Ammo ($30), Weights ($10)
Clues Discovered
Tablets
- Behold the Endless Corridor. A long, endless path.
- Call forth the dragon that sleeps in this land. Follow the true flow, and the answer shall be entrusted to the dragon.
- Men are born of the Mother, and live their lives. They reproduce and reproduce, helping in the Mother's ascension. Go forth along the path that man is destined to walk.
- Run through with all thy might, or rely on thy wisdom to find a way. Thou chooseth thine own path. Now place the Weight.
- One saw the colorless map. One saw the colorful map. Together, they shall see the truth.
- To the one who toils for naught. Thou art foolish. Thou art foolish. Thou art foolish. Thou art foolish.
- Endure the endless trials.
- The one-eyed and hundred-eyed shall appear. Return with the one-eyed and the hundred-eyed shall lose its strength. Beyond that lies everything.
* Chant these words. The name of the child of god who doth defy Tiamat. The name of the root of all suffering, the one that brought the eleven demons upon us. MARDUK.

Skeletons
- The same rooms, no matter how far I go... So that's what they mean by the corridors being endless.

Research
- (Warning) Do not look at the sun with a magnifying glass.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Statue of Huma] Resembles the Huma Griffin carving on a column at Persepolis in Iran.
- [Research Mode] There is a key hole beneath the diagram that signifies "endlessness".
- [Research Mode] A mural with the number " 8 " written backwards in La-Mulana script.

Gate of Time
Clues Discovered
Characters
- This is the Gate of Time. A world of times past. Are there any items you let slip away throughout your adventure? If you wish, I can restore a blundered trap to its original state. In order to turn back time, a certain amount of power is needed. If you are able to defeat Tiamat, I shall restore a trap containing an item of equal value.
- This is the Gate of Time. A world of times past. Are there any items you let slip away throughout your adventure? If you wish, I can restore a blundered trap to its original state. Which trap would you like restored? I have restored the item you failed to obtain, the Flail Whip. Make sure you get it this time.
- Whoa! What's this mural! It's in 8-bit! What in the world are you doing? That reminds me, the belt in my retro-PC's disc drive is all stretched out. By the way, I've hidden the original La-Mulana software somewhere, just for kicks. Look for this 8-bit world. I'm heading back to the colorful world now. Catch 'ya later!

Tablets
- Behold the Gate of Time. An ancient world from times past.
- Bud, Migera, Led, and Fut built a flying tower to return the Mother to the sky. 8-bit is so hard to read.
- This is an 8-bit world. A meaningless world where you're free to go down memory lane.
- In order to hold up the Earth, Zeb stopped moving... You've already read that.
- I don't feel like writing anymore.
- Do I have to?
- There's nothing written here anymore. What don't you understand about that?
- But look, we figured there would be some people who would be upset about the lack of bonuses, so we made this. Will you let it slide?
- By the way, the fields that were selected for the Gate of Time were chosen based on data gathered in our user surveys. What player-conscious developers we are!
- We were too lazy to remake the enemy movements and this text. So we didn't.
- So many stone tablets. It's a pain to take notes on each one. Man, you guys are troopers playing a game like this.
- What was written here? I can't remember.
- Be good kids, and keep buying Nigoro games.
- Imagine if you'd taken all this time to get to the very depths and found nothing. That would've been funny.
- Behold the Gate of Time. Unfortunately, this is not a Holy Grail Tablet.
- This is the very last stone tablet. Thank you very much for sticking with us this far. That's all folks.

Skeletons
- This spike won't fall. Lucky you!
- Quit playing around and get back to your adventure.
- No treasures here. Fail!
- "Steal the sword, Steal the Shield, Crush the helmet, Crush the armor." Is this some sort of military theory? I don't get it... I used to talk like this in the past.
- "The two brave souls" "Quiet solitude" "A rock that reaches a high place" You even get brand new puzzle hints!
- This field might hold a secret. For details, ask someone that played the original version.
- Killed by traps again, just like in the good old days. It's a beautiful thing.
Last edited by Voltgloss 4 years ago, edited 144 times in total.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

LEMEZA'S NOTEBOOK - THE FIELDS, CONTINUED

Gate of Illusion
Map, Shops, and Exits
Full Map - Gate of Illusion.png
Full Map - Gate of Illusion.png (408.12 KiB) Viewed 11849 times
Shops
S1 = Bones' Moving Helper.
- Lonely House Moving (purchased), Bomb Ammo ($100), Weights ($20)

Exits
X1 = to Temple of Moonlight
X2 = to Graveyard of the Giants
X3 = to Tower of Ruin
X4 = to Gate of Guidance
X5 = to Tower of the Goddess
Clues Discovered
Characters
- A favor to ask, of the one who disturbs my slumber. There's something I need you to do for me. If you don't want to,get outta my face! So anyways, the fairies hid the treasures I had fraudulently collected. What, what's wrong with fraud? I ♥ fraud. It seems like the fairies made some sort of giant face swallow the treasures. And what better way to make one spit things up than pepper! How about it, you bring the treasures back to me, and I'll pay you 500G AHCHOO-! Yikes, got pepper up my nose. If I can't get my beloved treasures back, I can't rest peacefully, and it's killing me! So go on and look for it. Don't come back until you find it.
- Got my treasures yet? Remember, you need to sprinkle Pepper on the giant face.
- Ah my beloved treasures... Gross! It's covered in slimy spit. How dare you get my treasures all sticky! You don't deserve anything more than this piece of junk. Get outta my face!
- Want to become small? Thou art small already. I shall bestow upon thee this Mini Doll. With this, prove that thou art indeed small.
- I am a stray fairy. A stray fairy, who has been ordered to protect the secret of life. I have been protecting it, ever since the day it was decided that no more life shall be created. My guest, has the day come to create life again? You who possesses vast wisdom and courage, should know. You should be able to see what I cannot. Please, free me from the secret of life.
- Thank you, guest. My job here is finished. This place gives birth to evil life, under orders of the Four Philosophers. When it begins to move again, life shall be taken from the Mother. Go now, use the Cog of the Soul. I will go ahead of you, to the heavens.

Tablets
- Behold the Gate of Illusion. The path shall open for the wise.
- Welcome to the paradise of the eternally lost. In times past, this place was called Eden. Now it is an accursed site of war, where vengeful spirits are lost, wandering the paths of life. Those who enter Eden, do not make light of this place.
- Simply wandering will not lessen the illusion. Courage will grant thy wish--the courage to jump into the illusion. The courage to search on bended knee for a single fallen item.
- One fool believed, in his foolishness, that he was a wise man. The fool flaunted his shallow wisdom and made decisions with a narrow mind. He proceeded to the right without hesitation. Another fool possessed wisdom, but his knowledge led him to believe he was a fool. A fool who smothers himself without first considering the situation. He went with the flow, and proceeded to the left. One can only hope that a true wise man stands here now.
- Thy understanding is impressive, wise one. Be thee a wise man, or a fool? Thine actions shall reveal the truth. In hopes that thou are a true wise man.
- The fool will never find his way.
- The fool who relies only on what his eyes do see, shall wander the labyrinth for eternity.
- Extinguish the whole before the one may disappear. This will lead you further down the path of illusion.
- To the living. It is not too late. Give up and turn back. The illusions will only continue.
- I commend thee for reaching this place, wise one. Now free thyself of doubt and illusion!
- Be a little man. Only the small shall proceed.
- He who reads this stone tablet: are thou a wise man or a fool? We must hope that thou possess the wisdom of a wise man.
- Unlock the key to the corridor that runs endlessly.
- Those who do not listen, do not make light of the words of others. To come so far, blinded by pride at thine own powers...thou art a true fool. A fool deserves naught but death.
- The wandering lizard cast off the light. Unable to bear it, he cast it off. The light he cast off was the light of his spirit. Lamenting his ugly appearance, he cast it off. When the light returns to the lizard, the pillar of light will disappear. I leave this behind and pass it down, because I understand how the lizard felt.
- The grieving bird cast a spell without the Mother's knowledge. So the mistakes would not be repeated, and the cycle of sadness would end. The large bird cast a spell. Should the bird die, the spell shall break, and the pillar of light shall disappear. I leave this behind and pass it down, in the same state of mind as the bird with the face.
- The shining pillars are the child's feelings, the glowing feelings of the dancing child. The reason that the feelings shine lies in a very strange treasure. A wonderful treasure that is weak yet unbending. If this treasure disappears, if everything disappears all at once, the child will be saddened and its spirit will cloud over. I leave this behind and pass it down, to preserve the child's spirit.
- The fairies unlock it.
* 11 children guard Tiamat's room. There, the holy grail is rendered powerless.
* A great treasure lies within this land. The device that creates life. We the seventh children were born from it. Then we departed, for the sake of the Mother's dream.
* Wisdom is buried within the wall. Hold high the emblem of proof, before the palace guarded by Hell's gatekeeper. Glowing letters will shine through the darkness. The wisdom is, in fact, the virtual wise-man, the keeper of the mantra.

Research
- [Research Mode] A faint light shines through the cracks in the wall.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Mural depicting a face] Similar to the colossal Olmec head at the La Venta ruins in Mexico.

Graveyard of the Giants
Full Map - Graveyard of the Giants.png
Full Map - Graveyard of the Giants.png (412.58 KiB) Viewed 12154 times
# = Mini Nebra Sky Disk
A = Hot Spring

Exits
X1 = to Mausoleum of the Giants
X2 = to Temple of Moonlight (via Tower of the Goddess)
X3 = to Tower of Ruin
X4 = to Gate of Illusion
X5 = to Tower of the Goddess
X6 = to Chamber of Birth

Shops
S1 = All items are genuine, grab 'em while you can!
- Earth Spear Ammo ($25); fake Silver Shield (sold out), Weights ($15)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- I'm getting claustrophobic here! When we were building the tower, we decorated it with statues of goddesses. Although, someone made one copper statue in a different shape. If I remember correctly, that person was good at using weapons. It is said they hid a treasure there that could power-up weapons. Really, is it just me or is it really cramped in here?

Tablets
- Behold the Graveyard of the Giants. It is the resting place for Giants overcome by sorrow.
- The red ruby means "passion". The ______ sapphire signifies "affection". The meanings are infused into the Gemstones.
- The illusion has no end. The key to eternity rests within. A demon with a weapon brings forth the illusion. A demon that endlessly consumes life.
- My eyes are not hollowed out holes.
- Art thou the chosen one or not? Proceed. We shall await thee ahead.
- Toujin emits countless beam of lights. Those without a white shimmer will not survive.
- Money can't buy the real thing.
- A meeting of man and women. Inside the man the seed of life is born.
- Mu is the nameless one. The one who rises into the sky.
- Those seeking Eden. Open the four boxes. Seek the four pedestals. Within the hands of the four who reside in a place bathed in moonlight.
- There is a cursed treasure hidden in the ruins. The curse will be cast on anyone who lays their hand on it. Take the red stone in hand and dispel the curse.
- The Spaulder of the weapon wielding goddess. It is hidden beyond the goddess' gaze. Make thy way there with the small key in hand.
- Take your new weapon in hand and take down the wall that blocks thy way.
* In the place where the God of Creation resides, there is a jewel shop located where life springs forth.
* Chant these words. The name of the one who tells of the Giants' sorrows. The name of the one who watched the fall of a race and shed tears. ABUTO.

Research
- [Research Mode] A stone tablet carved with La-Mulana writing. Scan the image and have it translated.

Temple of Moonlight
Full Map - Temple of Moonlight.png
Full Map - Temple of Moonlight.png (333.29 KiB) Viewed 11850 times
# = Mini Nebra Sky Disk

Exits
X1 = to Temple of the Sun (gate)
X2 = from Temple of the Sun (pyramid)
X3 = to Twin Labyrinths
X4 = to Eden
X5 = to Graveyard of the Giants (via Tower of the Goddess)

Shops
S1 = If you're going to disturb my sleep, then I insist you buy something.
- Scriptures (purchased), Shuriken Ammo ($10), Ammunition ($400)
Clues Discovered
Tablets
- Behold the Temple of Moonlight. It is the sanctuary of lovely women.
- Grind down the pyramid. Remove the tip of the Watchtower. The wall will crumble, and thou shall reach the underworld.
- Ahead is the "Underworld Palace", where the god who governs death resides.
- The sound of the ocarina may be heard only by a woman with child.
- Water will provide the power, for the tower to soar the skies.
- Those seeking Eden. Open the five boxes. Mind thy manners, and open them starting with the one closest.
- If thou hungers for power be prepared to commit the ultimate sacrifice.
- Atop the navel of Neptune
- Those seeking Eden. Solve the four puzzles. Search out the place they point towards.
- The light of the God of Death. Delivers death to all living things. Only those who hold the Book of the Dead may escape this fate.
* The joyful heart is 20, the eloquent heart is 44, the sincere heart is 50, the blissful heart is 63, the pure heart is 70, the passionate heart is 81, and the affectionate heart is 99. Every heart has a weight.
* The guardian protects something else. There will be a wedge there. Eight wedges will give form to the soul.

Research
- [Research Mode] There is a diagram depicting what looks like a woman with a large stomach.

Tower of the Goddess
Map, Exits, and Shops
Full Map - Tower of the Goddess.png
Full Map - Tower of the Goddess.png (393.81 KiB) Viewed 12243 times
# = Mini Nebra Sky Disk
= = Scales of the Heart

Exits
X1 = to Surface
X2 = to Tower of Ruin
X3 = to Chamber of Birth
X4 = to Gate of Illusion
X5 = to Graveyard of the Giants
XX = connection between Graveyard of the Giants and Temple of Moonlight

Shops
S1 = Alright! I'm the owner of this tower shop!
- Miracle Witch (purchased), Caltrop Ammo ($40), Weights ($20)
Clues Discovered
Tablets
- Behold the Tower of the Goddess. This is where the Mother's wishes are granted.
- None shall trespass upon this forbidden land. The place hidden further ahead holds many mysteries. Fly with the golden wings.
- The Magatama Jewel is the key to the enchanted mantra.
- The lake created by Migela and Futo. Ribu carries the water to the tower. The place where the finger points and Anunnaki refuses to gaze upon.
- The hesitation in thy heart is an unseen wound. Shine upon it with the Eye of Truth. Those climbing the tower, never turn back. Á Bao A Qu attacks the hesitant.
- A hunk of flying iron. A machine created by the sixth child. It will begin to move when thou holds the golden key in hand.
- After thine ascension to the tower, a foothold lies in front of the goddess statues. To proceed right, seek that which flies to the right. To proceed left, seek that which flies to the left.
- To the left lies the secret of life. To the right lies the power of destruction.
- Those leaving this land, remember this. We cannot grant the Mother's wish. To which generation of the Mother's children dost thou belong? The second child desires that the Mother's wishes come true.
- The path is blocked by an illusion of goddess statues. Can thou distinguish what is truth?
- Challenge the Chamber of Birth. Clutch the golden key, and pass through the place where we were born.
- Those who seek power, prove thine knowledge. If thy spirit is balanced and just, the power shall be granted.
* Rusalii, who likes to play pranks. Yaksi, who seduces men. Dakini, who dances seductively. There is only one with a pure heart.
* Chant these words. The name of the turbulent seas of that land. The name of the deep dark sea where Bahamut lives. BAHRUN.

Research
- [Research Mode] There is a treasure chest.
- [Research Mode] It says "Eye of Truth" above the diagram.
- [Research Mode] There is a small opening in the wall.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: The Philosopher's Sigil] A sigil belonging to the legendary Four Philosophers said to be living in the ruins.

Tower of Ruin
Map, Exits, and Shops
Full Map - Tower of Ruin.png
Full Map - Tower of Ruin.png (322.82 KiB) Viewed 11724 times
@ = Ancient La-Mulanese Tablet
# = Mini Nebra Sky Disk
B = "dancer"
C = "another dancer"
D = "fairies"

Exits
X1 = to Graveyard of the Giants
X2 = to Gate of Illusion
X3 = to Inferno Cavern
X4 = to Tower of the Goddess
X5 = to Inferno Cavern

Shops
S1 = I. Restock. Supplies.
- Snapshots (purchased), Bomb Ammo ($110), Flare Ammo ($50)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- There was a race that recorded their knowledge on the walls. This knowledge will operate in a mechanical box, as a virtual wise-man. It shall awaken should a wise-man read the mural.

Tablets
- Behold the Tower of Ruin. The remains of dreams destroyed, wishes not granted.
- Follow the name that means unnamed.
- A kind and mischievous spirit. A lonely and mischievous spirit. She means no harm with her mischief. No damage done by unintentional mischief.
- Oh great bird. Give us mercy. Will crushing that hand bring us mercy?
- Skanda, a large clay doll. The one who holds the golden key which soars through the skies.
- The ones that created Nüwa. Ones that tried to imitate the powers of the great Mother. The power to create life. The power that created us. Those wishes were not granted.
- The glowing red crucifix is a beacon that connects the seen and the unseen.
- The Goddess of the Mountain changes her form. Into the goddess that loves blood and war. To assuage her anger, thou must get down on the ground and pray.
- {UNTRANSLATED}
- To the one who has come this far. Face the last trial. The Mother's wish can no longer be granted.
- Identify the seductress. Identify those who are truly pure.
* Too quick for the eyes. That which continues to move, even after time has been stopped. Defeat the unseen enemy, and the elixir of life shall be bestown upon thee.
* The one who challenges Nüwa to battle. The one who drives a wedge into the Mother as she rests. That thou are the chosen one, we pray.
* The angry snake, Mushussu, child of Tiamat, is the strongest demon. It stands protected, among these four pillars, the giant lion Ugallu, the poisonous snake Ushum, the rabid dog Urmahlullu, and the storm demon Umu Dabrutu. Awaken the deceased souls in this order: voice, tail, body, and wings.

[i}Research[/i]
- [Research Mode] It says "spirit" beneath the diagram.
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: The Statue of the Goddess of Life] A statue portraying a goddess holding the medicine of life.

Chamber of Birth
Map, Exits, and Shops
Full Map - Chamber of Birth.png
Full Map - Chamber of Birth.png (456.71 KiB) Viewed 11853 times
Exits
X1 = to Tower of the Goddess
X2 = to Graveyard of the Giants
X3 = to Chamber of Extinction
XX = to other section of the Chamber of Birth

Shops
S1 = Welcome blob, to the store of life.
- Ammunition ($400), Ankh Jewel (purchased), Weights ($20)
Clues Discovered
Characters
- Tiamat's child will regenerate with no end. As long as Tiamat's dimensional powers remain intact. Find a way to destroy the dimensional powers.

Tablets
- Behold the Chamber of Birth. This is the place where all life comes to being.
- This is the land where life is born. Praise life, and a large clay doll is born. A clay doll that protects the golden key.
- Women cultivate life. Men put their lives on the line to get women. Beyond the many corpses a woman waits.
- Be prepared for death. Women shall not yield to he who flees. Overcome, with courage and wisdom.
- The cycle continues. The mother destroys the ill favored child, and gives birth to a new child. She repeats this until her wish is granted.
- The wall at which the god who sustains the world points. There lies a bright light within the darkness. A bright light that will obliterate the darkness.
- Thou shall not make it with thine power.
- Strike the wedge. Disturb the Mother's slumber. Only then shall the Shrine of the Mother show its true form.
- Vishnu beheaded Asura with a weapon like a ring of light.
- Palenque slumbers inside the mural within.
- They became human and prospered on this land. They cultivate strength, and depart this land. In other lands, they continue to flourish in order to reach the heavens.
- The tree of life is the source of all life. The clay dolls become human.
- The golden glow shall deflect the thinly stretched light.
- The Crystal Skull suppresses Tiamat's powers. It recalls the dimension in which Tiamat resides.
- Deep within the large wall Palenque sleeps. Take the golden key in hand. Challenge Palenque.
* That which continues without end. It is birth. It is death.
* The white opal represents "joy". The meaning is infused into the gemstone.
* Dance in this place. Let's praise life.

Research
- [Archaeology Dictionary: The Tree of Life] Resembles the Sephirot, a diagram of the tree of life from the Old Testament.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Brahma] A mural that likely depicts the deity Brahma from Indian mythology. One of the supreme gods, he is the God of Creation.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Kali] A mural that likely depicts the deity Kali from Indian mythology. Goddess of blood, alcohol, and battle.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Ganesha] A mural that likely depicts the deity Ganesha from Indian mythology. God of scholarship.
- [Research Mode] A huge mural depicting the tree of life.
- [Research Mode] An altar-like object that looks like something should be placed on it. The word "birth" is written on the inside wall.
- [Research Mode] An altar-like object that looks like something should be placed on it. The word "death" is written on the inside wall.

Dimensional Corridor
Map and Exits
Full Map - Dimensional Corridor.png
Full Map - Dimensional Corridor.png (246.39 KiB) Viewed 11854 times
! = Ankh

Exits
X1 = from Twin Labyrinths
X2 = to Endless Corridor
Clues Discovered
Tablets
- Behold the Dimensional Corridor. The closed-off space created by Tiamat.
- To the one who dares challenge Tiamat. If thou survives, I shall grant an opportunity. An opportunity to obtain the secret treasure that slipt through thy fingers. I shall await thee, beyond the boundaries of time.
* The incantation of life, BIRTH.
* The incantation of eternal rest, DEATH.
* Three shall be lit. The light is dependent upon the number of lives the 11 children have.
* Obtain the Dimensional Key. The place that eternally connects to the place where life is born with no end. Thrust infinity there.
* Road to treasure.
* Two vessels.
* When the Mother's power disappears, all will be destroyed. There is only one path to survival. That which has received the holy blessing.

Research
- [La-Mulana Ruins Dictionary: Cross of Light] A cross that can be found at various locations. All were placed at a later time.

Shrine of the Mother
Map and Exits
Full Map - Shrine of the Mother.png
Full Map - Shrine of the Mother.png (227.59 KiB) Viewed 11949 times
! = Home of the Mother
A = "I see that pedestal, but I don't know how to get to it."
B = "So if I try to hit you, you just all bug out."

Exits
X1 = to Endless Corridor
X2 = to Chamber of Extinction
X3 = to Twin Labyrinths
X4 = to Endless Corridor
Clues Discovered
Shawn's Laptop
- Who is it that reads this? Is it my son? I could only hope so. I have come this far. But the Four Philosophers did not choose me-- I wasn't up to the task. I could not awaken the Mother. I am too old. Whoever is reading this: I pass the torch to you. The hidden treasure, the origin of life itself lies here. Oh yeah, and remember to turn the power off when you've finished reading.

Tablets
- Behold the Shrine of the Mother. This is where the Mother sleeps.
- Only the chosen may proceed.
- Sleep within the woman.
- Endlessness and dimensions. Tiamat distorts the two laws with her strong powers.
- The Mother holds the power of life. This power shows itself when the soul is shattered. This is the Secret Treasure of Life.
- We were born of this land. We were the seventh born. Gradually, the Mother was forgotten.
- The Four Philosophers have obtained immortal bodies by means of an ancient technique.
- The land watched over by eight spirits.
- The philosopher reveals the path only to the chosen one. In these depths dwells a great spirit.
- Look to the weapon in thy hand. The key to the awakening lies within.
* When this land awakens, a wall will appear here. This is the wall of your calling. Those who lend their power must use all their strength to open it.
* Ugallu's body, Urmahlullu's voice, Umu Dabrutu's wings, and Ushum's tail. Together they form Mushussu.

Research
- Bahamut's Wedge
- Amphisbaena's Wedge
- Tiamat's Wedge
- [Research Mode] There are human skeletons hanging here, and it looks like they have wings.
- Baphomet's Wedge
- A dragon statue that presides over death.
- Sakit's Wedge
Last edited by Voltgloss 4 years ago, edited 121 times in total.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I guess this will be the La-Mulana thread?
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Escope from LA-Mulana

Post by Awoo »

Doesn't Copy Kitty still have a while?

or is that up and coming, too? I honestly have no idea o.o

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the current run of copy kitty is ending soon. I'll be playing different parts at different time because there is a *ton* of content in that game
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Okay then. I'm going to lock this topic for now until raocow's actually done with Copy Kitty and reopen it afterwards.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

ck finale is tonight, so I've unlocked it for any pre-hype or what have yous
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow wrote: 5 years agock finale is tonight, so I've unlocked it for any pre-hype or what have yous
You'll be doing DKC and La-Mulana at the same time? Sounds like this'll be a good time for people like me who enjoy both those games a shit load. (Not that Copy Kitty is remotely bad, just not a classic for me like those two.)

Can't wait to see you fumble with simple things in La-Mulana then accidentally your way through the complicated ones and not realize it was supposed to be complicated, lol.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I'm probably the least interested in Copy Kitty out of this entire forum lol

La-Mulana always seemed really interesting to me since I'm also into dumb pseudo-retro indie bullshit like Cave Story, as well as obtuse bullshit nonsense like LoZ1, Romancing SaGa, Milon's Secret Castle, early RPGs etc. I'm the kind of person who legitimately likes Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past the least out of the Zeldas because they're not as janky and bullshit. I'd go on but no one cares about my bad taste in Zeldas.

Just think though, you can actually say this completely unironically now.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
raocow wrote: 5 years agock finale is tonight, so I've unlocked it for any pre-hype or what have yous
You'll be doing DKC and La-Mulana at the same time? Sounds like this'll be a good time for people like me who enjoy both those games a shit load. (Not that Copy Kitty is remotely bad, just not a classic for me like those two.)
^echoing this post a bunch. i was always put off a bit by how visually busy copy kitty was so i never really got into the previous lps or the current one, so even though i'm trying to catch up on copy kitty FINAL right now, i'm excited for this little window of time where raocow's going to be playing, in my opinion:
A) a really solid platformer i know almost in-and-out,
B) a game i hold near to my heart because of another let's player's lps introducing me to it and driving me to complete it, and
C) the last classic mega man until 2018, followed by a game i've been curious about but never seen in full

this is an exciting time to be me, or alice, or anybody else who feels similarly i suppose. you are valid today. raocow said you rights
i would've done A), 2), and Γ), but i had to reflect specifically raocow's A-side, B-side, and C-side lps
KobaBeach wrote: 5 years ago Just think though, you can actually say this completely unironically now.
iirc, that's not even the last time raocow's referenced that. i always get a kick out of it
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years ago raocow said you rights
you rights. okay (grant kirkhope voice)

Mighty No. 9 is a huge goddamned mess from a game design perspective it's astonishing
I kinda wanna play it but I'm scared it'll kill my hard drive or smth

I'm really hype for DKC as well though, gonna be following the playthroughs with bated breath. Playing VIP, Brutal and LD in my late childhood/early teens warmed me up to the series and its design ethos a lot jesus christ vip 5 is almost 10 years old
Image Image
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

To explain the intent of my three "reserved posts" (as I realize not all here were present when the idea was discussed):

As raocow explores La-Mulana and gathers clues and information, I will keep in those reserved posts an up-to-date list of what he has discovered. This will include a list of places he has seen but not yet explored, as well as locations where he has commented he will need to return in the future. The goal is to make those reserved posts, essentially, raocow's notebook. No information will be included there unless and until raocow discerns it himself.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

@Koba the last time i watched Copy Kitty was like, the second time he played it

This is like, the fourth time I think?

Anyways I've been stuck in hype mode for this one since the end of Rayman Organs so

La-mulana 1 is basically impossible without already knowing how to play it and even then you probably will need a guide fairly frequently. 2 is a lot better in this regard but has some problems of its own, namely some really awful level design and boss design at places
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote: 5 years agoLa-mulana 1 is basically impossible without already knowing how to play it and even then you probably will need a guide fairly frequently. 2 is a lot better in this regard but has some problems of its own, namely some really awful level design and boss design at places
I actually struggled a lot more with LM2 myself. I'd get stuck, have to re-explore the entire game (usually multiple times) before finding one thing I'd missed, then as soon as I made use of whatever I missed I was immediately stuck again. And the way they handled enemies and traps really didn't help. They were all placed in the most annoying way they physically could be so simply getting from point A to point B was tedious. And the scaling of enemies as you advance through the game didn't make this less tedious as you advance unlike in the first one. (Not to mention that many of the later fields, especially the final field and one of the last ones you can explore, are total bullshit and just infuriating under the best of circumstances.)

In contrast the enemies only scaled once or so in the first game, traps weren't placed in difficult to avoid places but places you'd hit them while exploring instead, and when you finally find that one thing you overlooked you were a lot more likely to make a fair amount of progress before getting stuck again instead of getting stuck immediately.

I actually ended up dropping LM2 a few rooms before the final fight with almost 100% completion. (I was missing one glossary entry which I was locked out of.) As taken from my Steam review of the game, it was this bit:

"But then you hit the Annoying Room of Kaizo Spike Bullshìttery™ pt. II where this time if you hit one spike you hit EVERY spike on that side of the spike pit then fall into a room where you're forced to refight a fairly tough miniboss, who can instantly kill you if you're not careful, just to retry the spike room again."

This is referring to what I think was basically the final real obstacle before reaching the end of the game. And when I reached this point there was apparently a bug where the boss in the failure room (the big metal head thing whose name I'm spacing, it was some wolf from Nordic mythology iirc) would respawn every time you entered it instead of only once like it was supposed to.

ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Amusing how there's more discussion of other games than of this game so far
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago

the boss in the failure room (the big metal head thing whose name I'm spacing, it was some wolf from Nordic mythology iirc)

how do you forget the name

"fenrir"

that's like wolfaboo 101
Image Image
Alice

Post by Alice »

KobaBeach wrote: 5 years agohow do you forget the name

"fenrir"

that's like wolfaboo 101
Sleep deprivation, lol. I've only gotten like 9 hours of sleep across the past couple days.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

KobaBeach wrote: 5 years ago Just think though, you can actually say this completely unironically now.
And I take full responsibility for giving him that idea, as it was I who noted "If Deceased Crab can LP La-Mulana 3 times, raocow can LP VIP 1, three times."
Or something like that.

On the next note, I am going to have to say a small 'darn it' to raocow, for reopening the topic. If it was still locked, I would have PM'd Bean and said 'Alright Elder Xelpud, time to unseal La-Mulana!'
Funny moment ruined
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow

Post by Crow »

i'm honestly gonna be really disappointed now if raocow doesn't start each and every vid with "hey there la-mulanites this is deceased cow"
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana La-Mulana, ah la la la

Post by Awoo »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago i'm honestly gonna be really disappointed now if raocow doesn't start each and every vid with "hey there la-mulanites this is deceased cow"

I, for one, want deceased cow to play through Cocoron some day. An awoo can dream~

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Gather round ladies and gentlemen! Place your bets on how long you think it will take for rao to finish the LP?

For now, I'll guess a vague 'longer than Nitriod'
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow

Post by Crow »

i expect this LP to outlast all the mega men
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

how long until someone backseats the heck out of things and frustrates raocow more than anything in the game itself
pre-emptively reminding people that spoiler tags are vitally important! especially in a game like this!! and only give small help when the moocow asks for it!!! :rao:

super looking forward to this! ive been curious about llamaluna for years, but never got around to playing it
itll be fun seeing it blind :3
ImageImageImage