(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: La-Mulana - Leather Goddesses of Phobos

Post by Kleetus »

Sebby19 wrote: Had you went back to see Mulbruk, she wouldn't be there. Remember that she had to stand in that spot to stay immortal.
Mulbruk would rather die than have to be in the same room as swimsuit clad Lameza.
Of course I bet she just hid in shame, knowing that she will never rock a skimpy one piece as well as Lameza can.

If I were Mother, and a guy wearing a fashion swimsuit runway walked up to me and started pelvic thrusting, I'd give up on the spot, he's clearly too powerful.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

you are a much more patient man than i, cow of rao
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

“My work is a thing to kill the player." -Takumi Naramura (Quote is his comment lower on the page)

As it's been pointed out the slimy fellows lurking in Hell Temple are the Personae of Takumi Naramura the lead developer of La mulana.
Basically, he's completely unapologetic about the difficulty or annoyances the game causes.
"We made the game difficult so players can die." -Takumi Naramura Reported by Kotaku at the Tokyo Game show 2010

What is captured in La-mulana is indeed the spirit of old game difficulty, stubby melee attacks, continuous setbacks by awkward jumps, and paranoid searches.

Although that kind of old game difficulty doesn't feel very fun. It's often a withering difficulty which just causes a player to play longer or shell out for a strategy guide. My main issue is that it take a while for La-mulana to reach this point so it lures you into a false sense of security about it.

Congrats on defeating Hell Temple. But the Adventure Continues!
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

the remake's hell temple isnt really that hard, its hell simply because it wastes your time with tedium and backtracking.
Draexzhan wrote: 4 years ago

I just had a cold realization: I don't think raocow saw any of Mulbruk's dialogue regarding the escape. I think we can safely assume he'll have to defeat Mother at least twice, likely several times.

I wouldnt worry about it, you get enough time to try to escape to the surface and fail, then its pretty easy to go "wait what about mulbruk?"

Last edited by Tenlade 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Kleetus wrote: 4 years ago Mulbruk would rather die than have to be in the same room as swimsuit clad Lameza.
Of course I bet she just hid in shame, knowing that she will never rock a skimpy one piece as well as Lameza can.
I can think of one person who can rock the swimsuit better than Lameza. Spoiler contains picture of men and woman in skimy swimsuits. It's not meant for human eyes. thanks Steam Cards
You brought this upon yourself you know.
sylvie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sylvie »

Lostsoldier20 wrote: 4 years ago So I expected there to be a .5 episode I wasn't counting as a full episode of raocow grinding out a puzzle that is no longer in Hell Temple. A puzzle so awful... it's far more painful than the treasure.

Bring all 3 Fairy Medicines around where that boss rush section is. Yes, that hellish section... required 3 times, not just once.

Having completed the original Hell Temple, but never seen the remake Hell Temple until now, I'm a little disappointed they took that puzzle out.... it's such a cruel but funny way to end it. I was also a bit sad about 120000 here being gone but I was expecting that one.

The removal of that puzzle also means raocow will likely fight the Mother with the wrong medicine, I think....

Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: La-Mulana - Latex Babes of Estros

Post by Awoo »

Zummorr wrote: 4 years ago
Kleetus wrote: 4 years ago Mulbruk would rather die than have to be in the same room as swimsuit clad Lameza.
I can think of one person who can rock the swimsuit better than Lameza. Spoiler contains picture of men and woman in skimy swimsuits. It's not meant for human eyes. thanks Steam Cards
You brought this upon yourself you know.
Hey,

Elder Xelpud is such a badass he doesn't even NEED clothing, and he still rocks it better than Lameza

He's like an MSX Master Roshi

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

sylvie wrote: 4 years ago

The removal of that puzzle also means raocow will likely fight the Mother with the wrong medicine, I think....

Is it even possible to start the fight with the wrong medicine?

ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Voltgloss wrote: 4 years ago
Gardenolva wrote: 4 years ago Congratulations, raocow for beating Hell Temple, replacing your fairy armor with a swimsuit, scaring Mulbruk away, and making Xelpud feel awkward.

So now raocow has lost his fairy clothes, fighting Mother would end badly I guess...

raocow hasn't lost the Fairy Clothes.

Draexzhan posted an image from a save where the player never *got* the Fairy Clothes. (There's an achievement for beating Hell Temple without them.)
Oh I thought raocow lost it when the ghost tailored the swimsuit. It would be so bad if it did.
So nvm I guess...

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Implo

Post by Implo »

So is there any way for raocow to wear off this baby suit for Finale? Because right now Lameza looks like an idiot and this will make facing the Mother very anticlimactic. If there is no way, could raocow just reload a save from before beating Hell Temple. I would prefer to watch epic Finale, not a farce.
Gardenolva

Post by Gardenolva »

Implo wrote: 4 years ago So is there any way for raocow to wear off this baby suit for Finale? Because right now Lameza looks like an idiot and this will make facing the Mother very anticlimactic. If there is no way, could raocow just reload a save from before beating Hell Temple. I would prefer to watch epic Finale, not a farce.
He's been backing up saves so if he's ever feeling uncomfortable on Swimsuit Lemeza, he'll just use the save where he haven't started Hell Temple yet, or the save before he defeated the slime boss.

freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Cannot believe some of you aren't thrilled about Lamenza taking on Mother in a bathing suit. This is the best way for this LP to end.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

sylvie wrote: 4 years ago I was also a bit sad about 120000 here being gone but I was expecting that one.
Yeah I'm glad that one is gone... I'm honestly more ok with the other puzzle over Gradius jank. And remake one is kinda clever, while also a much more enjoyable puzzle than "stand in a lava tube for 10 seconds doing nothing with no hint that I noticed"
Sebby19 wrote:
sylvie wrote: 4 years ago

Is it even possible to start the fight with the wrong medicine?

I think it's phase 2 that the medicine is used on, least in original, so it's a trap of you beat the first phase only to be met with no second

I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

In the original, the enormous Naramura slime monster (literally called "THE BOSS") didn't have its own musical theme. For the remake, they used a track that had been composed, but not used, for the actual final boss. I particularly enjoy the parts at 0:47 and 1:40.

"THE BOSS" (theme for THE BOSS)

Gardenolva

Post by Gardenolva »

freshtalk wrote: 4 years ago Cannot believe some of you aren't thrilled about Lamenza taking on Mother in a bathing suit. This is the best way for this LP to end.
It would be funny as heck.

raocow escapes the ruins while wearing the swimsuit.

Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Implo wrote: 4 years ago So is there any way for raocow to wear off this baby suit for Finale? Because right now Lameza looks like an idiot and this will make facing the Mother very anticlimactic. If there is no way, could raocow just reload a save from before beating Hell Temple. I would prefer to watch epic Finale, not a farce.
My opinion is that Lemeza looks awesome and this will make facing the Mother even more climactic. Pretty sure that's both Lemeza's and raocow's opinion as well.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Lostsoldier20 wrote: 4 years ago

I think it's phase 2 that the medicine is used on, least in original, so it's a trap of you beat the first phase only to be met with no second

This is exactly the case. If you use the wrong medicine at the end of the first phase you get booted out of the fight.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm sure there's gonna be lots of screen shouting tonight but I swear, I really mean it when I say that I just cannot parse these things visually, they are basically invisible to my eyes
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

Speaking of The Boss, may as well post this track.

It's silly and I love it.
Signature text.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago I'm sure there's gonna be lots of screen shouting tonight but I swear, I really mean it when I say that I just cannot parse these things visually, they are basically invisible to my eyes
At least it sounds like editorcow noticed whatever it is.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - Vohaul's Revenge II

Post by Awoo »

Voltgloss wrote: 4 years ago
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I'm sure there's gonna be lots of screen shouting tonight but I swear, I really mean it when I say that I just cannot parse these things visually, they are basically invisible to my eyes
At least it sounds like editorcow noticed whatever it is.
Oh, man, PPr time? The world could use more PPr
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: La-Mulana - Ecdysis

Post by Crow »

my kingdom for a ladder
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Vision 100
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I would have forgiven you (kinda), had you not climbed the vine in the 2nd screen. But you even pointed it verbally 'vines are ladders', so it's all on you.
And yet you notice stuff like the faces in hell, and all that stuff in Chamber of Birth. I don't get you, man

The Shrine of the Mother has some lost forever items, when it transforms into the True Shrine. Those are the map, and the Life Jewel.

Also, to comment on your early observation that the map lookes like a headless giant... eh? I see a skull.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

It's not that far-fetched to over-look something like that.