(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
repairmanman

Re: La-Mulana - Narcolepsy

Post by repairmanman »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago This is the single worst room in the game by a long shot. Hell Temple has a few rooms that are kind of obnoxious and infuriating to deal with but none of them come close to this garbage heap.
Cyril wrote: 4 years agoHell Temple isn't actually the real La-mulana, thankfully

Nope, it's an early access preview of Eg-Lana where it's no longer optional but explicitly required to beat the game. And this bullshit room is somehow worse.

Completely wrong, spiral hell is nowhere near as bad as hell temple. and considering how agile lumisa is, it makes this room a piece of cake. take it from someone who has beaten both games, it's nowhere near as bad. (plus there's a save point after the room in spiral hell)
edit:

you can literally just go down the center in spiral hell, you don't need I-frames or the grapple claw, it's 500 times easier, and they fixed the infinite respawn glitch, so no more fenrir either

Nothing to see here
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

FPzero wrote:
Ivy wrote: 4 years ago I feel like that jump at the very end of the room would maybe be easier by jumping off from the fake-spike platform and doubling back with the double jump? Can you even change direction like that?
Echoing this suggestion because this seems much more reasonable as an answer than what looks like a nearly pixel-perfect walljump.

Fun fact: in Hard Mode,

that platform does not exist. Although, with it out of the way, the final walljump is easier to land.

Spoiler opinion comment about the sequel:
While I agree with Alice that the punishment for failure in the analogous LM2 room was much worse - especially before they fixed the respawn glitch - I also agree with repairmanman's take that the analogous room itself is easier in LM2. In addition to repairmanman's points, (1) the LM2 version doesn't have that damn fireball horse or the laser-shooting birds; and (2) the next couple of rooms in LM2 don't have enormous pits that force you to redo the spike drop room if you fall into them.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago
Cyril wrote: 4 years agoHell Temple isn't actually the real La-mulana, thankfully

Nope, it's an early access preview of Eg-Lana where it's no longer optional but explicitly required to beat the game. And this bullshit room is somehow worse.

no, it isn't. i disagree with everything you've said here.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

repairmanman wrote: 4 years ago
Completely wrong, spiral hell is nowhere near as bad as hell temple. and considering how agile lumisa is, it makes this room a piece of cake. take it from someone who has beaten both games, it's nowhere near as bad. (plus there's a save point after the room in spiral hell)
edit:

you can literally just go down the center in spiral hell, you don't need I-frames or the grapple claw, it's 500 times easier, and they fixed the infinite respawn glitch, so no more fenrir either

I've 100%ed La-Mulana and all but 100%ed La-Mulana 2. Other than one glossary entry I was locked out of, I was basically at the end. Also as Voltgloss said, they did fix the room. When I got there though Fenrir would still respawn every single time you fell. And going down the center isn't exactly easy since it's a fairly narrow passage. Not that I actually tried because the second I saw that Fenrir respawned every single time I fell down there I quit the game and haven't touched it since. I was already fed up with a lot of the shit design choices in the sequel (notably the fact that almost as soon as you get an upgrade you'd start encountering new traps making that upgrade null and void or you'd defeat a guardian and a bunch more enemies would start spawning making exploring very tedious) and that room was the straw that broke the camel's back.
spiral hell is nowhere near as bad as hell temple
Also just want to address this specific bit: I didn't mean Spiral Hell as a whole was worse than Hell Temple. I specifically meant the one room. (Though I thought Spiral Hell was largely a bland and uninspired field as a whole but that's a different beast.)
Voltgloss wrote:In addition to repairmanman's points, (1) the LM2 version doesn't have that damn fireball horse or the laser-shooting birds; and (2) the next couple of rooms in LM2 don't have enormous pits that force you to redo the spike drop room if you fall into them.
I'll admit I'm a bit biased here. I not only reached it at the most inopportune time since Fenrir still respawned but I'd sunk something like 70 hours into the game and had largely not enjoyed the majority of it. So by the time I even reached that room to begin with I had basically zero patience left for the game's bullshit. I still stand by what I've said a number of times elsewhere about La-Mulana 2 though, it feels like the devs polished up the game mechanics but when it came to actual game design took their inspiration from all the worst aspects of the first game. (Though I think I've also heard from someone that they toned down enemies scaling with you so it no longer feels more like hard mode in the first game so that might improve things if I ever get back around to it.)[/ipoiler]
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Don't feel bad for knowing a bullshit secret that you need to do to progress.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Re: La-Mulana - Masquerade

Post by Sebby19 »

I would never have noticed those faces. Good eye raocow!
This puzzle is definitely new to the remake, since scanning the background (and while jumping) was not a thing in the 1st game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

And thank god for that...

Though, original made up for it with puzzles (arguably) even more obtuse
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

I always found the face puzzle to be pretty straightforward but okay.
Signature text.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

No, I'm saying the original was worse
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

I'm shocked that in attempting today's puzzle raocow didn't use everyone's favorite skull.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - Masquerade Ball

Post by Awoo »

I don't know why raocow calls that green winged creature he has to destroy with a chakram a horse.

It's clearly a dinosaur nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss

Re: La-Mulana - Masquerade Ball

Post by Voltgloss »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago I don't know why raocow calls that green winged creature he has to destroy with a chakram a horse.

It's clearly a dinosaur nyoro~n
Even though I always think of it as a "fireball horse," according to the Vita version bestiary it's actually a demon in the form of a winged wolf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marchosias
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Pretty sure it was awoo making an age-old rao-joke
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
repairmanman

Re: La-Mulana - Leather Goddesses of Phobos

Post by repairmanman »

You go lemeza! own it!
Nothing to see here
Draexzhan
Flair text

Post by Draexzhan »

raocow's laughing fit at the end of today's episode could cure cancer.

Naramura is... very easily cheesed. Just throw chakram like raocow did today and if he gets too close to you, grapple onto the wall.

Also, just want to point this out... Image The symbol on this stone is the bathing suit.

EDIT: If raocow had never collected the Fairy Clothes, he would be gazing upon this beautiful image (contains spoilers that will likely be seen tomorrow):
Last edited by Draexzhan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Signature text.
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

Just remembered

raocow did something that i completely neglected in my playthrough, talked to mulbruk after doing hell temple(i did hell after mother) this means in the ending credits we'll be seeing mulbruk in the swimsuit

Nothing to see here
Draexzhan
Flair text

Post by Draexzhan »

I just had a cold realization: I don't think raocow saw any of Mulbruk's dialogue regarding the escape. I think we can safely assume he'll have to defeat Mother at least twice, likely several times.

Last edited by Draexzhan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Signature text.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

So I expected there to be a .5 episode I wasn't counting as a full episode of raocow grinding out a puzzle that is no longer in Hell Temple. A puzzle so awful... it's far more painful than the treasure.

Bring all 3 Fairy Medicines around where that boss rush section is. Yes, that hellish section... required 3 times, not just once.

Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Draexzhan wrote: 4 years ago

I just had a cold realization: I don't think raocow saw any of Mulbruk's dialogue regarding the escape. I think we can safely assume he'll have to defeat Mother at least twice, likely several times.

He saw a relevant clue in the Dimensional Corridor.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Are you happy? There's no way to take that off. Fighting the Mother is going to very inappropriate now...

Had you went back to see Mulbruk, she wouldn't be there. Remember that she had to stand in that spot to stay immortal. Congratulations, you scared off your hint giver.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
In the original, obtaining the treasure that should not be seen would bring up a sudden close up image of Lemeza wearing the suite. Deceased Crab knew about the treasure, but not the image. That is what broke him.
Another bit of trivia, you are able to freely look at all the graphic files of the original game, except the one with the treasure, as its encrypted.

Thankfully, no sudden image, and thankfully rao didn't bring up the main pause menu.
Last edited by Sebby19 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

wait I should censor that last part
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago wait I should censor that last part
Sebby in a nutshell
Nothing to see here
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - Latex Babes of Estros

Post by Awoo »

Draexzhan wrote: 4 years ago EDIT: If raocow had never collected the Fairy Clothes, he would be gazing upon this beautiful image (contains spoilers that will likely be seen tomorrow):
This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Congratulations, raocow for beating Hell Temple, replacing your fairy armor with a swimsuit, scaring Mulbruk away, and making Xelpud feel awkward.

So now raocow has lost his fairy clothes, fighting Mother would end badly I guess...

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Gardenolva wrote: 4 years ago Congratulations, raocow for beating Hell Temple, replacing your fairy armor with a swimsuit, scaring Mulbruk away, and making Xelpud feel awkward.

So now raocow has lost his fairy clothes, fighting Mother would end badly I guess...

raocow hasn't lost the Fairy Clothes.

Draexzhan posted an image from a save where the player never *got* the Fairy Clothes. (There's an achievement for beating Hell Temple without them.)