(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: La-Mulana - Photopia

Post by Voltgloss »

There are times the katana is a poor choice. There are also times the katana is a good, or even the best, choice. The same applies to all of the weapons. The trick is picking a weapon to match the situation.
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago So how about we ponder these puzzles and challenges over a bowl of curry?

"Song of Curry" (theme for the Chamber of Birth)

But is it bat curry?
I change this sig every year for Advent
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - Peliptia

Post by Awoo »

Filby wrote: 5 years ago
Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago So how about we ponder these puzzles and challenges over a bowl of curry?

"Song of Curry" (theme for the Chamber of Birth)

But is it bat curry?
No, Tim Curry!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago "Song of Curry" (theme for the Chamber of Birth)

Song of Curry (SC88)

Much slower paced than the remake.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

joining in with everyone else in confirming that, yes, the chamber of birth is just THE WORST

regardless my screen has been screamed at
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Huh, I honestly thought I was alone in my assessment of the Chamber of Birth being harder than Gate of Illusion.

Funny how the last two areas raocow will discover is 'all combat' and 'all puzzles'.

(and to answer your sig question Parama, I think you need to contact an admin. Just don't choose raocow, he might accidentally delete your account.)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Chirei wrote: 5 years agoSo it probably hasnt been said enough that the katana is bad (for the environment of la mulana), but I legit did not know that you can die to the money farming boxes.
Me neither. I've only ever gotten hit by them because if you stand right against them when you hit them, it counts as being in their hitbox apparently. Leave it to raocow to figure out a way to die to them instead, lol.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Funny how the last two areas raocow will discover is 'all combat' and 'all puzzles'.
That's kinda just how it is in the basically kinda sorta not exactly late mid/early endgame? Just "here's hell combat zone" and "here's hell puzzle zone." Two polar opposite hell zones.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago (and to answer your sig question Parama, I think you need to contact an admin. Just don't choose raocow, he might accidentally delete your account.)
what if i want my account deleted
getting permakilled by raocow would be the greatest honor i could ever receive
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago It also contains - alongside a set of puzzles I very much enjoy - my single most hated puzzle/obstacle in the entire game.

Specifically, that leaning pillar at around 9:30.

What's the puzzle hint for it? Because I know it was added for the remake and absolutely stumped me when I first played it. Pretty sure it was just a wall you struck in Classic.

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - Parama

Post by Awoo »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago
Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago It also contains - alongside a set of puzzles I very much enjoy - my single most hated puzzle/obstacle in the entire game.

What's the puzzle hint for it? Because I know it was added for the remake and absolutely stumped me when I first played it. Pretty sure it was just a wall you struck in Classic.

Somebody either here or on YouTube mentioned grappling it so I can only assume one is supposed to jump at it and hold on to it to knock it over or something like that

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

weird fun fact about

this pillar

it decides to be knocked over based on not whether or not you've grappled onto it but how long you're against the top of it, and the short timer it uses for that means it's possible to knock it over just by double jumping with good timing next to it. no grapple claw necessary

someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Despite their names, the Chamber of Birth looks much more dangerous than the Chamber of Extinction.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago So it probably hasnt been said enough that the katana is bad (for the environment of la mulana), but I legit did not know that you can die to the money farming boxes.

Because raocow was using an underhand swing weapon, the boxes on top don't get broken and thus hit Lemeza first. This would not have happened with the whip or the axe.

Even discounting all the other times it has gotten him into trouble by not having an overhead swing so enemies just bully him into redoing 5 minutes of content, it is literally so bad that it can get you killed. That's some sonic 06 tier stuff.
Just saying you can easily get crushed using the axe and whip as well.
As far as reasons for using the katana. What if there is some secret breakable thing in the floor?!?!?!?!

The Sonic 06 tier is getting randomly killed by a flying taxi-cabs due to havok physics stuff hurting you, or worse trying to play golf with the engine. Getting bullied by enemies due to a poor attack area is just basically every B-grade game ever, like Star Tropics.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago The Sonic 06 tier is getting randomly killed by a flying taxi-cabs due to havok physics stuff hurting you, or worse trying to play golf with the engine.
I mean we had awkward flying taxi tower tanks does that count
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years agoweird fun fact about

this pillar

it decides to be knocked over based on not whether or not you've grappled onto it but how long you're against the top of it, and the short timer it uses for that means it's possible to knock it over just by double jumping with good timing next to it. no grapple claw necessary

Must've been what I did because I remember this pillar just kind of fell over for me.

Also yeah, Chamber of Birth is basically what the Gate of Illusion tries to be.
Signature text.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 5 years ago Despite their names, the Chamber of Birth looks much more dangerous than the Chamber of Extinction.
That's what we call irony.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago The Sonic 06 tier is getting randomly killed by a flying taxi-cabs due to havok physics stuff hurting you, or worse trying to play golf with the engine.
I mean we had awkward flying taxi tower tanks does that count
Those have names you know. Vimana.

Overall it's very rare that janky weirdness happens. Now another game on the other hand

La mulana 2 has, or had if patched out, a really bad habit about killing you if you jumped into certain moving platforms. Something due to them being 3D objects, I speculate? Iso was "Inflated to death." by many moving platforms.

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 5 years ago Despite their names, the Chamber of Birth looks much more dangerous than the Chamber of Extinction.
i like to think it's because the chamber of extinction is decayed to the point of not being able to put up much of a fight or barrier, whereas the chamber of birth is so mirthful and full of life that it's like an unstoppable force, harboring enemies and gimmicks alike that will press onwards and just Do Things no matter what you do
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

The real Sonic 06 tier stuff will be when raocow plays All the Sonics after All the Megamen.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

There is none.

FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago

There is none.

Oh.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago

There is none.

Oh.
I am admittedly salty towards this one and had the same experience you had.

I suppose the falling dust is intended to be a "hey push this somehow" indicator like other pushable objects. But this is the only time in the game where you need to either air-grapple-sorta-push or air-double-jump-sorta-push. Other "unique action" puzzles are clued (like searching on bended knee, or where the finger points). This one? No such luck.

ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Yeah that puzzle discussed above is particularly uh, something. It never made me salty, but I remember just having an "oh I guess" feeling when I solved it.
Zummorr wrote:Overall it's very rare that janky weirdness happens. Now another game on the other hand

La mulana 2 has, or had if patched out, a really bad habit about killing you if you jumped into certain moving platforms. Something due to them being 3D objects, I speculate? Iso was "Inflated to death." by many moving platforms.

That never happened to me in my 2 playthroughs, but I did see that happen to someone streaming it.
repairmanman

Re: La-Mulana - All Things Devours

Post by repairmanman »

In this episode: raocow gets his stand and also smells nice

Spoilers for la mulana 2:

I'm pretty sure raocow would like la mulana 2 much more than the first one, i found it to be much easier overall. And it even has small crutches like the varied hot springs(my favorite is infinite ammo). It took me 30 hours to beat, and since it also took me a similar amount of time to beat la mulana 1, raocow would be done even quicker.

Also I think it's kind of neccessary to do hell temple in 1 to fully appreciate la mulana 2

Nothing to see here