(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: La-Mulana - Jigsaw

Post by FPzero »

It isn't great, but there are definitely times where La-Mulana just expects you to wander around the areas. Check you maps, look for areas or icons you don't remember visiting. That's the honest, spoiler-free answer whenever you get really stuck and don't know what to do next.

The following is complete, honest speculation I do not know the answer for and is based off a comment from Mulbruk in yesterday's video:
Mulbruk mentioned that the key fairy should be "taken to the puzzle you failed to solve". Does that mean raocow can use a key fairy to fix the puzzle at the top of the Temple of the Sun and get whatever's in the chest below the grail point?
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago Does that mean raocow can use a key fairy to fix the puzzle at the top of the Temple of the Sun and get whatever's in the chest below the grail point?

Iirc, no

Nothing to see here
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Reverning wrote: It's not just Xelputt, every dialogue npc has different lines for items currently equipped.

More like Xelbutt!
Draexzhan wrote: 5 years ago
Also, question,

is there a hint somewhere that indicates that the Tower of the Goddess would be accessible from the surface now, and if so, where is it?

To answer this question.

I'm not really sure of the clue that connects Viy to the Tower of the Goddess. Even when it is hidden you can see it marked on the map. But raocow has overlooked that over thirty times by now. This was one of the many things that I asked about in the spoiler discussion thread.

I wouldn't worry though, even with raocow's allergy to aimless backtracking he will find the entrance tomorrow

FPzero wrote: The following is complete, honest speculation I do not know the answer for and is based off a comment from Mulbruk in yesterday's video:
Mulbruk mentioned that the key fairy should be "taken to the puzzle you failed to solve". Does that mean raocow can use a key fairy to fix the puzzle at the top of the Temple of the Sun and get whatever's in the chest below the grail point?
Answer to the question regarding the Key Fairy and this hint.
No. I believe that is referring to

the gate of illusion puzzle for the fairy's vest.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow asked 'What are the Mantras?'
ha ha ha ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha, HA HA HA HA HA, HA HA HA HA HA
I didn't do this part of the game.

Another time you can see Shorn (Lemeza's dad) is in Confusion Gate. At the top of the sacrificial pit, Shorn can be seen climbing a ladder in the top corner, that goes up. I was very confused when rao went by and Shorn wasn't there, but Voltgloss explained he doesn't start appearing here and there until Viy is defeated.
I'm not sure why they decided to lock Shorn behind Viy, seems like an odd choice.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

In the remake, Lemeza's dad is named Shawn, after Sean Connery, who played Henry Jones Sr. in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :)

Two questions:

1) Did Shawn appear already in this LP? If so, what episode?

2) Are the

dating sim and Snatcher parts

in the remake?
I change this sig every year for Advent
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Answer to your questions:
1) No, Shorn has not appeared. According to Volt, he doesn't start appearing until after Viy.
2) I don't believe any of the minigames in the original make it into the remake.

Some La-Mulana backstory: Shorn is an accomplished archeologist as well. However, he would choose work over family, and disappear for long periods of time. So that's one reason Lemeza hates his dad. The other is that when Lemeza is on the brink of a discovery, or find, Shorn would appear at the last moment and steal his work, hogging all the glory.
The entire game is kicked off when after months or years going off the radar, Shorn sends Lemeza a letter proclaiming he finally found La-Mulana (Shorn's life's work), and dares his son to come down.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Filbi
A Hobbit

Post by Filbi »

I was just corrected by a comment on the video:

raocow! look at the side of the screen at 8:17 on today's video!!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oh yeah, I missed that as well.

I wonder if Shorn will appear in Confusion Gate now as well, or if it's too late for that.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago It isn't great, but there are definitely times where La-Mulana just expects you to wander around the areas. Check you maps, look for areas or icons you don't remember visiting. That's the honest, spoiler-free answer whenever you get really stuck and don't know what to do next.
For reference, areas and doors raocow has not yet visited are identified with question marks on the maps in the opening posts.

Draexzhan wrote: 5 years ago Also, question,

is there a hint somewhere that indicates that the Tower of the Goddess would be accessible from the surface now, and if so, where is it?

Response in spoiler block:
There is no direct hint. The indirect hints are (1) the map showing a frontside-to-backside gate in that room of the Surface; (2) if raocow had scanned the stone wall in that area, he'd have gotten a message that "the rocks in this area area a lighter shade"; and (3) the fact that other frontside-to-backside gates (each of which has a number in La-Mulanese) were shut until the respective Guardian (in reverse of the "reverse boss order" given on the tablet listing them today) were defeated. But #3 isn't something raocow was able (or, frankly, most folks following regular progression are able) to observe - all of the backside gates he's seen since getting the Bronze Mirror were *already* opened thanks to defeating their respective Guardian.

Arguably it's also reasonable to infer that whatever is the backside of the Spring in the Sky (which happens to be the Tower of the Goddess) might be accessible through that gate at the waterfall, because the Spring in the Sky has no backside gate itself but is directly connected to that waterfall (it's where you come out after beating Bahamut).
Reverning wrote: 5 years ago It's not just Xelputt, every dialogue npc has different lines for items currently equipped.
This is not correct.

Reverning wrote: 5 years ago

oh boy I just realized what raocow needs to do. Because raocow already explored shrine of the mother, he has no reason to go back and just assume lameza's dad will be there

I expect he will

return there after either getting the Lamp of Time (because he thinks he needs it there, not unreasonably) or the Death Seal (to open the seals in the area) and see the Diary chest then.

Filby wrote: 5 years ago 2) Are the

dating sim and Snatcher parts

in the remake?
No.

Spoilers for La-Mulana 2:
repairmanman wrote: 5 years ago
I can't believe that such a major bug, that when the gate of the dead is flipped you can't interact with the seals, is still in the game. I literally cannot finish the area.

Do you have the Feather yet?

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh no raocow is going to get distracted by something he can't interact with for a loooong time :<

the real la-mulana starts here!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Wasn't that said when Confusion Gate was opened?
And when raocow took down the first 4 Guardians?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

congrats! you've discovered:

The Joke
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago Does that mean raocow can use a key fairy to fix the puzzle at the top of the Temple of the Sun and get whatever's in the chest below the grail point?
raocow actually already learned how to reset failed puzzles, the hidden fairy in Gate of Time.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

She only resets certain, specific puzzles. The map of the Temple of the Sun..., I don't think that's one of them.

But we'll all be really glad if it does!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Filbi
A Hobbit

Post by Filbi »

Btw, I just learned that Viy was the name of a demon from a horror story of the same name by Russian writer Nikolai Gogol. Viy's eyelids were so huge and heavy that he needed servants to lift them, like the imps in the boss fight!
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago Spoilers for La-Mulana 2:
repairmanman wrote: 5 years ago
I can't believe that such a major bug, that when the gate of the dead is flipped you can't interact with the seals, is still in the game. I literally cannot finish the area.

Do you have the Feather yet?

Not yet, i guess I'll try and see if I can get it
Nothing to see here
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Re: La-Mulana - Babel

Post by Voltgloss »

Congratulations on your 100th hot spring bath, raocow!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

a hunk of flying lion huh? ;)

also the dog walker enemy reminds me of boomerang and luceid from wild arms
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

"Back to square one?" Meh

Predictions:

raocow will solve the filling the Tower of the Goddess before seven minutes into tomorrow's video.

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago She only resets certain, specific puzzles. The map of the Temple of the Sun..., I don't think that's one of them.
I don't believe so, because wouldn't he have been offered the option since he got there with the puzzle for that already messed up?
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i love the tower of the goddess. it's a weird area with obnoxious platforming and somewhat atonal music and i love it

it's also really blue, so
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The Surface has no backside equivalent. It is part of the real world. Be weird if it had some kind of Subspace like thing.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

In my playthrough of the game, I first got to the Tower of the Goddess from the Gate of Time and ended up blindly fumbling my way around in the dark all the way to the grail tablet before I even lit the place up.

Fun fact, by the way, if you warp to that grail tablet while the Tower of the Goddess is still dark the music will play anyway.

Signature text.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

since he didn't post it here:
Annotation 2019-04-25 221029.png
Annotation 2019-04-25 221029.png (10.44 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Filbi
A Hobbit

Post by Filbi »

Fun fact: The "tengu" is based on Andras, a demon from the Ars Goetia.
Andras.jpg
Andras.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 3403 times