(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Re: La-Mulana - Superluminal Vagrant Twin

Post by Filbi »

Is there any significance to the statues of Idigna and Buranun having the number "3" on their backs?
I change this sig every year for Advent
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Filby wrote: 5 years ago Is there any significance to the statues of Idigna and Buranun having the number "3" on their backs?
Perhaps there's a potentially relevant tablet.

Edit: I never knew this until I just now Googled it - and this isn't a spoiler for the game - but apparently the names "Idigna" and "Buranun" are the ancient Sumerian names for what we today call

the Tigris and Euphrates rivers

Edit x2: I've updated all of the maps in the opening posts to their "full" versions, which raocow viewed in today's video.
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

Getting to that Viy bottleneck it would seem.

Signature text.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

The poison gas part of the Twin Labyrinths was accessed from the Temple of the Sun (the one place you didn't visit today). Since we are on the topic of the poison gas, there was a significant change between versions.
-In the original, if your time runs out, the 'death animation' and music plays, but then the game kicks you right back to the Temple of the Sun, by the entrance. No progress is lost, since you didn't actually die. A very rare instance of mercy by classic La-Mulana.
-In the remake, the toxic gas actually kills you, so... be careful!

And as mentioned before, that room where you double jumped and got shot by lightning, the original allowed you to double jump to the door safely. Which is a good thing, since the block puzzle in the classic game was actually impossible. The developers make fun of themselves with the new tablet in the same room, since it says the original puzzle was designed by fools, but it has since 'been rewritten'.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Seriously? Spoilered for attitude and hints on where to go next.

raocow opens up the shrine of the mother, twice, decides to head straight to nowhere-ville instead buys weights despite having over 70. But it's for progress so of course he did it!
He gets the dragon bone and then shrugs about not knowing where to go when he has a ton left in the Tower of Ruin, Shrine of the mother and Labyrinths.

This playthrough is incredulous.

Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago Seriously? Spoilered for attitude and hints on where to go next.

raocow opens up the shrine of the mother, twice, decides to head straight to nowhere-ville instead buys weights despite having over 70. But it's for progress so of course he did it!
He gets the dragon bone and then shrugs about not knowing where to go when he has a ton left in the Tower of Ruin, Shrine of the mother and Labyrinths.

This playthrough is incredulous.

That's Our raocow! *laugh track*
I change this sig every year for Advent
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: La-Mulana - Dual Transform

Post by Crow »

so close to getting baphomet's ankh to spawn but raocow needs to check his notes again!

actually i don't think he has the clue for it right now & i don't remember where it is so welp

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

Reveal the light to the grieving twins. Reveal the light to a world destroyed. The hero confers light upon the twins as they hold up the world.

I hope he looks over his notes and sees this
Catching up, made some okay(non-zero) progress in 30.

oh no, raocow pulled a raocow
The tablet said "the ankh jewel is only on the front side" and he even remarked that the higher up tablet is the frontside one, he could have killed the white mage and solved the puzzle.

And he didn't get the ankh jewel from flaring the eyes, even though he ALMOST did it
Last edited by repairmanman 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here
AweStriker

Post by AweStriker »

I probably should have expected raocow to

mix up the Ankh Jewel with the actual Ankh

. And yet, I did not.

Well, at least he's got the map for Twin Labyrinths now. It's big.
Last edited by AweStriker 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

lemeza using the katana
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Hey Voltgloss Quick question.

At 6:49 in the video raocow tried flaring the back of the back of the twin at H-5. Did he just miss the hitbox of the statue? Or did he have to flare the one at C-5 first?

Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago Hey Voltgloss Quick question.

At 6:49 in the video raocow tried flaring the back of the back of the twin at H-5. Did he just miss the hitbox of the statue? Or did he have to flare the one at C-5 first?

He missed the hitbox. By pixels. The flare needs to hit the front of the face - where the eyes are. Yes, I winced.

FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago
Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago Hey Voltgloss Quick question.

He missed the hitbox. By pixels. The flare needs to hit the front of the face - where the eyes are. Yes, I winced.

I was just coming in here to ask the same thing. Man that's a poor hitbox, I could've sworn you had to aim at the symbol. Wonder how long it'll take him to try that again...

Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

as an agent of chaos, i'm gonna mention the whiffed hitbox

thank for coming to me ted talk

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Finally, you've fully unlocked the Twin Labyrinths! I swear in the original you had to do the poison rooms before gaining access to the rest. The various other entrances (like Inferno Cavern) wouldn't open until you did.

This is the 2nd of 3 instances where you can travel between the front and back-side Fields, without the use of Backside doors, since the Twin Labyrinths have both on each side. The 1st instance is the warp between the two pyramids, and the 3rd is spoilers at this time. Technically there's a 4th, but you can argue that last one shouldn't count.

That one tablet today was specifically talking about the Ankh being found in Frontside areas only. This lines up with what a skeleton told you in the Chamber of Extinction, where the Gaurdians are only fought in the Frontside.
Nothing talked about the Ankh Jewels. Remember, you found one in Tower of Ruin, a backside area.
I wonder if you figured out the Tower's frontside equivalent.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago

as an agent of chaos, i'm gonna mention the whiffed hitbox

thank for coming to me ted talk

More like agent of disrespect.

It's not like the information you are referring to is spoilered by Voltgloss and I right above your post.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago More like agent of disrespect.

It's not like the information you are referring to is spoilered by Voltgloss and I right above your post.

this is true, however:

it is woefully incomplete information that's only actually useful to confirm rao's own correct suspicions - but not if he's wrong or hasn't the slightest idea of what this could be referring to

heck, it's information that might be referencing something in most recent video, given the time frame ... but who's to say you two weren't talking about some previous one?

in fact, you have actually made it slightly less incomplete, given that you've confirmed that it was indeed relating to the directly previous posts, as opposed to an even earlier part of the thread, or perhaps something outside the thread entirely

of course, who knows if that's truly even useful to know for someone who isn't peeking at spoilers

:catplanet:
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

how bout y'all just don't post spoilers period
and don't quote spoilers either, y'all ain't helping by doing that
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I have absolutely no idea what these spoilers are about so I don't know how spoilery they actually are, but I don't have much patience for people posting stuff they already realize others are gonna consider spoilers

so yeah don't do it
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

I was kind of screaming at the screen around 05:30. It was really weird how raocow completely ignored that ladder, even whilst standing on top of it. I mean, luckily, he saw it in the end, but he got so turned around it didn't even register in his mind that tablet was the same one he said was in a "fake area".

After the previous video, I got inspired to pick up La Mulana again, because I noticed raocow completely didn't see a room he missed and realised I never went into that room either. In theory

the fairy clothes

should help a great deal in the

miniboss battles in Dimensional Corridor

, but I've no idea by how much yet, because I'm stuck trying to get the

sacred orb

there, and would rather not

engage the miniboss

yet, as it's easier to get up there using

his water spout than with the bats

Also, I really love how this new comment policy makes every thread look like it's some super top-secret government report. I'm half expecting to hover my mouse over a spoiler and see mention of Area 51 and aliens.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

ztarwuff wrote: 5 years ago Also, I really love how this new comment policy makes every thread look like it's some super top-secret government report. I'm half expecting to hover my mouse over a spoiler and see mention of Area 51 and aliens.
- [Archaeology Dictionary: Anunnaki] Resembles the mural of a god in Sumerian mythology. There are theories that they are aliens from the planet Nibiru.

ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago - [Archaeology Dictionary: Anunnaki] Resembles the mural of a god in Sumerian mythology. There are theories that they are aliens from the planet Nibiru.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that one.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

ztarwuff wrote: 5 years agoAlso, I really love how this new comment policy makes every thread look like it's some super top-secret government report.
What do you mean "look like"? Last I checked this forum was operated by the NSA and most of the users were NSA operatives.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
ztarwuff wrote: 5 years agoAlso, I really love how this new comment policy makes every thread look like it's some super top-secret government report.
What do you mean "look like"? Last I checked this forum was operated by the NSA and most of the users were NSA operatives.
You don't know that.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Mata Hari wrote: 5 years ago I have absolutely no idea what these spoilers are about so I don't know how spoilery they actually are, but I don't have much patience for people posting stuff they already realize others are gonna consider spoilers

so yeah don't do it
well the thing about that is that it's only a spoiler if you know what it's spoiling

if you don't, well, you only have to consider how many times rao has interacted with a fundamental part of how video games are programmed over the course of a single video of this game, much less the entire game, to realize that it's the equivalent of saying that "somebody does something meaningful" as a """spoiler""" for a book