(shouting)

Last Impact : Final Impact

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
warpio

Re: Last Impact : Final Impact

Post by warpio »

I really liked the idea of that 4-tower platforming gauntlet. The execution could've been better, but it was a really neat way to finish off the game. My only problems with it are the lava-hopping gimmick which has no business being used as a platforming mechanic, and that awkward angled wall jump part in the yellow section which seemed like just a really cheap way to add difficulty to a section that was otherwise weirdly easy.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago ...did you have to do the towers in this specific order? it would've made way more sense to me to do each other once before trying to put together a full run, rather than making two towers the prerequisite for playing the third tower like you were doing in the video. however i have no clue if that's actually possible lol
Any order is doable. This level took me over two hours to manage to get through all four of them in one go, though, so I'd honestly kind of hoped raocow would use savestates for his sanity anyway, since the endgame is kind of a long amount as-is.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Yeah I mean I would've abused savestates for most of this hack honestly because it really seems to love wasting the player's time lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

If the paths to each tower were wider, then it would have been feasible to just jump off the tower to them, and streamlined the whole thing.

Anyways, I think rao's only weakness with SM64 is sticking the landing of his jumps.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Last Impact : Third Impact

Post by Awoo »

So, that was a thing! It'll be super nice to see raocow back in the 2nd dimension where he's likely more comfortable!
What a weird hack. It's all over the place in terms of difficulty, though the level design was pretty neat in a lot of places. It's a real shame it didn't use more of the unique powerups more often, that's the only thing I'd have maybe have done different, but it's not my hack!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

(THANK you for making the impact reference i was waiting for that)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Last Impact : Second Impact : You Can (Not) Post

Post by Awoo »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago (THANK you for making the impact reference i was waiting for that)
Any time :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Now I'll present a tip that would've been helpful but is now useless since the LP is done! Kicking mid-air! It can be used basically as a mini double jump to correct mistakes when landing- would've been good for going down those towers.
I'm sure we can all agree that the best part about this game were the goombas.
Good job on beating it raocow! You really got a lot better as you went on- Some questionable decision making every once in a while, sure, but i've been watching you for long enough to come to expect it :lol:
ImageImage