(shouting)

Last Impact : Final Impact

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Last Impact : Forty-Ninth Little Mario Go Down the Hole

Post by Awoo »

This level's music kept reminding me of something I'd heard somewhere and until today I couldn't quite place it. Turns out it totally reminds me of this:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Re: Last Impact : Forty-Ninth Little Mario Fell Down the Well

Post by Sebby19 »

I don't think raocow tried hard enough to get out of the pit. I mean, what was the point of the rope?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Implo

Re: Last Impact : Fiftieth Dream About Winning The Lottery

Post by Implo »

There is actually a way out of bottomless pit. But it's really tricky to get on a rope. You need triple jump and a wall jump at specific angle. I tried to get on rope through the warp, but it never worked out for me. And after that you need to jump out of the rope. Which is a little tricky, because a stone block above the rope.

You should have go to the temple. There was 16 coins, very easy to get. As for hands the easiest way to deal with them is to hide behind obstacles, not in front of them.
Darkonius64
Dreams of a forgotten reality

Post by Darkonius64 »

The final star in this course is very weird, it took a long while to figure out what to do, let's see how raocow will fair with it
:bi_pride:
My latest SMBX episode
https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p473070

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://dormivegliagame.com/
warpio

Post by warpio »

The puzzle of killing those hand enemies seems so non-obvious, like I can't imagine anyone figuring it out except purely by accident. But since you absolutely need to kill some of them to get the 100-coin star, it's only a matter of time until their puzzle is accidentally solved.

That said, there's something about course 15 I think you won't accidentally figure out on your own, based on what I've seen from your first trip into that level. If you want to make your life a lot easier (especially for the 100-coin star which is already frustrating enough even when you know about this), read ahead:
Those thunder lakitu enemies can also be killed quite easily, it's just a matter of getting up to their height with a standing double-jump, then pressing Z in midair to do a ground pound just as they're about to run into you. They drop some coins which can be helpful for the coin star, but the main reason you want to do this is to get them out of the way so you can focus on taking your time with the tricky platforming in the areas where they roam about.
Implo

Re: Last Impact : Fifty-First Game of Simon Says And Simon Is An Onion

Post by Implo »

So Shower the Flower star in 1.0 was considered to be the most broken star by players. For me it wasn't that bad. It's just he froze in one pattern only once. The second time the onion giant finally gave me a star, but it took me like 10 min to repeat his moves. It's also annoying that I was never sure when should I repeat his moves. Immediately or after his animation will end.

Too bad you didn't show your reaction on crash. This would be hilarious. As for reason I think that you just played too many hours in 1 session. Remember you used savestate in third hub. But you reloaded only when you start recording new episode. This means that your recording sessions accumulate and in reality you just end with 1 very long session. Maybe emulator had enough. I think you should restart the next session from hard save, not a savestate.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

is kaze a snakeblock irl
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

That star really should've been called "Dance with the Onion" :/
CM30

Post by CM30 »

So, when did the crash occur? After the episode stopped recording?

Have to admit, I expected to see it happen on camera.

Still, just one world left now, and it's honestly one of the most annoying in the game. I mean, if there's ever one thing Mario 64 did poorly, it was precise jumps across narrow platforms in 3D space. Which is exactly what this Rainbow Road level consists of.

Add this to the cheap as hell Thunder Lakitus (seriously hackers, stop using 2D sprites for 3D Mario enemies!), and you've got a stage which feels like a bit of difficulty spike compared to the previous ones.

Ah well, you've taken care of one of the worst stars there, and the snake block one will follow soon as well. One that's done, things will get a bit more manageable.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

it crashed right at the end of the video, yeah. Like I *would* have shown it but in the crash it cut the recording !
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

My holistic impression of this entire LP since, oh, the beginning of World 2:

1. raocow plays an episode
2. between one and three people comment "that was one of the hardest stars" or "this is one of the most annoying levels"
3. go back to 1

For every episode.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

To be honest, i think you were kinda lucky the game crashed on you there, because that star is actually disgustingly horrible. If it was only the snakeblock it would be ok, still not very fun. But with the added lakitus it's just plainly horrible.
ImageImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago My holistic impression of this entire LP since, oh, the beginning of World 2:

1. raocow plays an episode
2. between one and three people comment "that was one of the hardest stars" or "this is one of the most annoying levels"
3. go back to 1

For every episode.
I mean, it makes sense. There definitely are a lot of stars that are much harder than they need to be, and they're very spread out throughout the game with how janky a lot of stuff is at times.

Not that it matters, but the ones I'd consider hardest/most annoying are listable, at least. It's not the shortest list, but only a fraction of the total stars in the game:
The ones in italics are ones I didn't find hard at all, just plain annoying, and the ones in ispoilers are stars raocow doesn't have yet. So, 23/130, which is not a tiny number, but not anywhere close to literally everything like it's sometimes felt to me.

also as a whole this is honestly definitely the fairest sm64 hack i've ever played, too (excluding the ones that just steal levels from other games), which is kinda unfortunate on some level, but i'm hopeful as more people get into sm64 hacking there'll be more and more well-balanced games. and this game overall is honestly super fun despite its abundance of flaws. the more annoying stars are just the ones i tend to remember most easily, it seems, which kind of sours things. -_-;

Crystal Caves:
-Save the Mermaids!

Super Sweet Sugarland:
-Sneak in with the Conveyor
-100 coin star

Dusky Doomed Dale:
-Escape the Prison
-Save the Village

Gamble Game Gallery:
-Literally every star

Rainbow Road:
-Rainbow Perils
-

Rainbow Snakeblock Tour

-

100 coin star

Others:
-Bowser's Fiery Castle (everything)
-Gloomy Ambience (Desk)
-Above the Clouds 3
-Shadow Factory (everything)
-

Rashay's Moon Cellar (everything)

Implo

Re: Last Impact : Fifty-Second more like PAINbow hahehihohu

Post by Implo »

The slowdown when starting Course 15 isn't normal thing. I never had that kind of slowdown. I really strongly suggest loading real save instead savestate. At least check if it's make any difference and then put new savestate.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Implo wrote: 5 years ago The slowdown when starting Course 15 isn't normal thing. I never had that kind of slowdown. I really strongly suggest loading real save instead savestate. At least check if it's make any difference and then put new savestate.
I had the slowdown at the start of Rainbow Road literally every time and played the game savestateless.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I don't remember any slowdown the first time raocow entered the level.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Implo

Post by Implo »

OK, I have figured out the problem with slowdown. It's happening when you switch between smooth camera and 8-directional camera. I switched to 8-directional (I think it makes turns nearly instant) and found out this is the reason of these weird camera view when being shot by cannon. It makes the same camera view like when raocow starts Course 15 and the same slowdown. I felt like the whole game was moving slower than usual. Simple changing to smooth camera by pressing Digital-Right should fix or greatly reduce this problem.
Last edited by Implo 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Pressing D-pad right is something I've mentioned a few times before, but rao remembering all his camera options at once is a weakness of his.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

This star is how SimpleFlips became famous on YouTube
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Last Impact : Fifty-Second Shout-out To SimpleFlips

Post by Awoo »

tangy wrote: 5 years ago

This star is how SimpleFlips became famous on YouTube
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Re: Last Impact : Fifty-Third Surprise

Tips for 100 coins if it's not too late:
-There are two blue coin switches: in the Chomp room and at the beginning of the path to Rainbow Perils.
-Obviously the red coins here are pretty easy to get, so that's 16 basically given, plus the ones on the starting platform and from just using the launch star in the starting area once.
-There are honestly a lot more coins in the level than it seems like there might be at first, really. The Rainbow Perils path in particular has quite a bit, and you can kill all the Chomps with the invincibility star for 3(? IIRC) coins each.
Crow

Post by Crow »

"well that happened"

two more episodes, then? just the 100 coin star and then the final level
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Last Impact : Fifty-Third Suu Prize

Post by Awoo »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago "well that happened"

Weren't there some hidden stars?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Re: Last Impact : Fifty-Third Suu Prize

Post by Crow »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago "well that happened"

Weren't there some hidden stars?

i have no clue lol? i've never played this piece of trash

but he has 127 stars and people were saying there are 130 total, so...? one in rainbow road, two in the last level

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

since delightful adventure has been shifted to a "whenever" release fishing season 2 is next

the final initial a-side
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage