(shouting)

Last Impact : Final Impact

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Last Impact : Thirty-Ninth shot by a rainbow

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Piesonscreations wrote: 5 years ago

While it is obviously not the intended way, kicking up the pinball machine can make the star fairly easy. We can only hope that raocow tries to do that.

Yeah! That star becomes one of the easiest in the course if you abuse that, honestly. It's nice.

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So was that the intended way of getting this star? Awkwardly jumping up that triangle beam that you can't really stand on?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

"Kaze doesn't have eyes" becomes even more plausible if you've seen his "bowsette mod" that looks like a horrible blow up doll
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago "Kaze doesn't have eyes" becomes even more plausible if you've seen his "bowsette mod" that looks like a horrible blow up doll
someone apparently paid money to make him do that too which is the sad part
Implo

Post by Implo »

Snakeblock for me is the hardest star in Course 14. It's a problem when it goes down and I lose track of it. It's a really huge problem. As for time traveling adventure this is really cool gimmick. Past/future gimmick. In the past enemies are younger and also smaller, and the temple looks new and not destroyed. In the future enemies are older and bigger, and the temple is ruined. It's a really fun gimmick and I would like to see it used for the whole hack instead just one star.

Luna Park is the last secret level to find and last place to unlock minigame. It's a really fun level. I never knew that there is hidden 1-up when you stick Yoshi to the stick.
IRikarte

Post by IRikarte »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Would it have been too much trouble to put invisible walls and floors? Like the collision doesn't have to match the visible geometry. The Kaze can have his nice curved ledges, and the player can grab onto it.

Or does SM64 not work like that.
It actually is possible - Kaze even made a video about it.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Implo wrote: 5 years agoSnakeblock for me is the hardest star in Course 14. It's a problem when it goes down and I lose track of it.
An issue Kaze could've worked around. Clearly the game keeps track of the pathway somehow. Shouldn't be that difficult to place some outline blocks where that path will be.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: Last Impact : Fortieth break (the targets)

Post by Mandew »

If my calculations aren't mistaken, there should be only two official hidden stars left in the game, right? Which would make them the stars from the Final Bowser, probably.
video games
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Would it have been too much trouble to put invisible walls and floors? Like the collision doesn't have to match the visible geometry. The Kaze can have his nice curved ledges, and the player can grab onto it.

Or does SM64 not work like that.
No, SM64 does indeed work like that from what I've heard from pannenkoek videos- there's a model, and then there's collision geometry, and they don't have to match. In fact, there's some places where they DON'T in the original game, such as the main stairs to the third floor in the castle.
Piesonscreations wrote:

I'm talking about the first segment. Don't watch the whole video if you don't want further things spoiled, peeps!
Is this the

lava area star

that was mentioned in the comments of yesterday's video? If so....why do people count this as normal content for this hack? XD

....Oh wait, it's clearly because the rest of the hack is really tough so it fits. >w>
Mandew
d'yo

Post by Mandew »

Nimono wrote: 5 years ago No, SM64 does indeed work like that from what I've heard from pannenkoek videos- there's a model, and then there's collision geometry, and they don't have to match. In fact, there's some places where they DON'T in the original game, such as the main stairs to the third floor in the castle.
furthermore, I even believe that the game has separate collision geometry data for floors, walls and ceilings. It's possible to have floors that are so steep they're almost entirely vertical, and Mario could stand on them without slipping at all.
video games
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Mandew wrote: 5 years ago
Nimono wrote: 5 years ago No, SM64 does indeed work like that from what I've heard from pannenkoek videos- there's a model, and then there's collision geometry, and they don't have to match. In fact, there's some places where they DON'T in the original game, such as the main stairs to the third floor in the castle.
furthermore, I even believe that the game has separate collision geometry data for floors, walls and ceilings. It's possible to have floors that are so steep they're almost entirely vertical, and Mario could stand on them without slipping at all.
It definitely doesn't have separate geometry data for those- whether it's a floor, wall, or ceiling is entirely based on the normal vector of the polygon, with wall being a hilariously tiny range. But I'm not sure why you can have those ultra-steep floors you can walk up just fine, though- maybe THAT is its own geometry?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

me irl
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

That floor pattern sure was seizurific.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Nimono wrote: 5 years ago If so....why do people count this as normal content for this hack? XD
I don't think anyone does, but it's there technically, and since raocow tends to try to get literally everything, the doubt arose.
Nimono wrote: 5 years ago It definitely doesn't have separate geometry data for those- whether it's a floor, wall, or ceiling is entirely based on the normal vector of the polygon, with wall being a hilariously tiny range. But I'm not sure why you can have those ultra-steep floors you can walk up just fine, though- maybe THAT is its own geometry?
You can set different ground types, be it sand, snow, lava, or in this case, steep walkable floors. There's actually a ton of different types, although a bunch function basically the same.
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Last Impact : Fortieth break (the targets) A NEW RECORD

Post by Awoo »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago me irl
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
CM30

Post by CM30 »

raocow, if you need to know where the world you're missing is:
Go through the gap in the fence, then enter the purple tower like object. That's the entrance to Colossal Circuits, world 13.
Implo

Re: Last Impact : Forty-First Round of Smash! Mario vs Snake!

Post by Implo »

Pinball star is for me the hardest star in Course 12. Mostly because how many times I flied outside pinball board. I always used savestates, so I had no idea that respawn saves amount of red coins collected. Other than that Course 12 is course with some really tricky jumps.

As for hands there is actually the way to beat them.

And funny story. During my first playthrough I had no problem with finding Course 13, but on my second playthrough I couldn't find it at all and I began to suspect that Course 13 maybe somewhere inside Course 12. Course 13 is very well hidden course hidden

in the shadow of a fish.

IRikarte

Post by IRikarte »

The pinball star, in my opinion, was the absolute worst star in the game back in the original version. The collision was even worse, you would constantly get stuck in walls or just fall through them, resulting in cheap deaths. Didn't help that dying still kicked you out of the level back then, making you lose your red coins. But as you said: it's way too easy now. I feel like Kaze was just lazy here: instead of fixing all the janky stuff he just removed all the punishment for said janky stuff.

As for Course 13: this stage is weirdly hidden for some reason. It's

between final boss town and alien wale town

Somethings telling me you're gonna like this level's aesthetic a lot. It's one of the best courses in the game if you ask me.
Darkonius64
Dreams of a forgotten reality

Post by Darkonius64 »

The world raocow's missing is strangely well hidden and out of the way, but others have already pointed out where it is so i don't think i gotta repeat it

Congrats on the pinball!!!
I was not aware Kaze made it... Barely a challenge since now it doesn't punish you at all, is that good? I can't tell honestly lol
:bi_pride:
My latest SMBX episode
https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p473070

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://dormivegliagame.com/
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

♫ Lucy in the sky with snakeblocks ♪
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

today in raocow: raocow becomes PINBALL WIZARD, then has an acid trip
tomorrow in raocow: raocow HAS BECOME CURSED BY COURSE 13 WITH CURSE 13, DOOMED TO NEVER FIND COURSE 13 (maybe)

remember, 13 is evil! never trust it! it WILL kidnap your family! and then, worst of all... it will LAUGH at you!
Mandew
d'yo

Re: Last Impact : Forty-Second Blue Screen

Post by Mandew »

knowledge of each world has now been attained

You know, I definitely thought that everything was going to be nightmarish from entering final-tier onward -- but it doesn't really look like it'll be the case.
video games
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Again, raocow refuses to change to a better camera angle while swimming, to safe his life.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

When it comes to swimming, it's actually faster not to mash, but to time it with every stroke mario takes, kinda. It's weird.
I actually couldn't figure out the uvula star, so i'm glad you did raocow!
ImageImage
IRikarte

Post by IRikarte »

So today's last star is really damn weird. If you make the wale throw up before saving the shark he will spawn right next to Mario and kill him, hence the name of the star.
Also hurray for Bowser's Inside Story music!