(shouting)

Last Impact : Final Impact

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: Last Impact : Fifteenth Skyfall

Post by Mandew »

honestly it looks like the selection is semi-random based on factors (be it stars, game boot count, etc)
video games
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

The unlockable minigames randomly appeared unlocked for me when I played the most recent version, but not in my initial unfinished playthrough of a previous version. I wonder if it's a bug in 1.2.

Also Cake Defense was honestly one of the most annoying stars in the entire game.
Darkonius64
Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Darkonius64 »

I may be wrong but i remember the minigames being unlocked by solving mini ring puzzles that are found in some courses
:bi_pride:
My latest SMBX episode
https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p473070

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://dormivegliagame.com/
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Darkonius64 wrote: 5 years ago I may be wrong but i remember the minigames being unlocked by solving mini ring puzzles that are found in some courses
Yeah, there are "pound on this switch and collect the coins that appear" things for the three you don't start with!

It's funny that they're randomly unlocking outside of those for multiple people, though, including raocow and me. I wonder what causes it.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 5 years ago It's funny that they're randomly unlocking outside of those for multiple people, though, including raocow and me. I wonder what causes it.
my first guess would be that the memory address used to keep track of which minigames are unlocked is also used elsewhere
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago my first guess would be that the memory address used to keep track of which minigames are unlocked is also used elsewhere
That'd make sense.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

In today's episode the peasant Goombas have no bread to eat and Marie "Peach" Antonoinette asks "Why don't they eat cake?"
Thus the working class clashes against the bourgeois' italian military force. Inevitably they seize the cake.

Additionally, raocow participates in the Canadian cultural ritual of log rolling.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Last Impact : Bond Skyfall

Post by Awoo »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago In today's episode the peasant Goombas have no bread to eat and Marie "Peach" Antonoinette asks "Why don't they eat cake?"
Thus the working class clashes against the bourgeois' italian military force. Inevitably they seize the cake.

Additionally, raocow participates in the Canadian cultural ritual of log rolling.
Je suis Goomba

What's next? Maple syrup candy? :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

The minigames were randomly opened for me too in the latest version, and oddly enough

getting the records to unlock them, locked some back up... good job I got the stars while I could.

Implo

Re: Last Impact : Sixteenth Shove

Post by Implo »

In my first playthrough I had a lot of problems with Fire Bully and I hated him. But in my second playthrough he took me only 3 tries.

As for the second star I actually did long jump towards second torch area. It may be random, but the camera for this part is awful. Also it's weird that Rock Goomba can be burned by Fire Flower.

Fun fact: when I played game first time I didn't figure out lighting torches puzzle. It took me several savestates, but finally got the star from other side. Then watched video to check what was the intended solution and facepalmed after noticing use of Fire Flower on torches.

As for Course 8 - it is the easiest course in second hub.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Implo wrote: 5 years ago As for Course 8 - it is the easiest course in second hub.
I found both

Dusky Doomed Dale

and

Harried Honey Hive

easier, myself.
Implo

Post by Implo »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 5 years ago I found both

Dusky Doomed Dale

and

Harried Honey Hive

easier, myself.
For me both these courses have some really frustrating stars. While in Course 8 all stars are quite easy to get.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

i'm growing less and less convinced that kaze has eyes
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Just so you know raocow, when Mario gets set on fire, you can jump a few times to put out the flames faster, it would stop you getting killed by flames in two hits.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

a crappier version of her own main weapon

gj freu

EDIT BOY OH BOY FREEZEFLAME TOWN
Last edited by Grounder 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I am gonna guess that post was meant for a different game thread
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Scuttlebugs aren't "True Bugs." True bugs have a piercing beak called a rostrum that is used for feeding off of the fluids of their prey whether it is plant sap or plant xylem, or animal tissue. Scuttlebugs very clearly have a pair of mandibles or the analogous chelicera (mandibles of spiders/ticks) on the front on their body.

Skeeters do not have mandibles (or any mouths) in other languages they are called water striders, but in other languages they are water spiders. [According to the super mario wiki] But then again they are also called water spiders in other languages too.

This pointless hair splitting makes me realize how many Mario 64 enemies are just really chunky Mario enemies or just evil spheres.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago This pointless hair splitting makes me realize how many Mario 64 enemies are just really chunky Mario enemies or just evil spheres.
well, when you have to choose between drawing enemies as a. some of the first 3d models nintendo ever created or b. billboarded sprites with maybe some modeled parts, using sprites of a shape that looks the same at all angles is a good way to cut down on graphics processing and to end up with something that's a lot more detailed in both texturing and shading than anything a. will get you
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago
Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago This pointless hair splitting makes me realize how many Mario 64 enemies are just really chunky Mario enemies or just evil spheres.
well, when you have to choose between drawing enemies as a. some of the first 3d models nintendo ever created or b. billboarded sprites with maybe some modeled parts, using sprites of a shape that looks the same at all angles is a good way to cut down on graphics processing and to end up with something that's a lot more detailed in both texturing and shading than anything a. will get you
It was especially important that most enemies would actually look pretty alright, as the N64 would live or die on the appeal this game had.

On the CRT TV's this game was designed for, not many would notice the trickery at play here - but they would notice the detail on them scuttlebugs.
video games
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Mandew wrote: 5 years ago
Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago
It was especially important that most enemies would actually look pretty alright, as the N64 would live or die on the appeal this game had.

On the CRT TV's this game was designed for, not many would notice the trickery at play here - but they would notice the detail on them scuttlebugs.
Yeap, Mario 64 is very much a product of its time. So they used what would work. There are a few good enemies though, like Whomp. Graphically it's a huge learning experience for Nintendo.

I give Mario 64 a lot more credit for basically inventing 3D movement, particularly the camera movement. Most games that use 3D before Mario 64 either have Tank Controls, a fixed camera perspective, or if you are Resident Evil, Both.

Although the real evil sphere of M64, the Firespitter, seems pretty absent so far?
Implo

Re: Last Impact : Seventeenth Union Strike (#makethefactoryOSHAcompliant)

Post by Implo »

So for me that was possibly the hardest star in Course 6. Harder than even Red Coin Hunt + 100 Coin Star. I didn't know that jumping on returning platform force it to change direction.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

starting to wonder if kaze has ever played mario 64
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
warpio

Post by warpio »

I appreciate the irony of having the level with Kirby music being the level where the game's difficulty ramps up something fierce.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Okay, there has to be something with the camera that's broken or something.

Simpleflips play through Last Impact 1.2 in May, and his camera was more or less fine.

You can see it goes through the walls without getting caught on them.

Is there a different camera mode that raocow isn't using?
Or did Last Impact get updated again recently?

Or is raocow just bad at using the camera?
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Implo

Post by Implo »

Ok, so I watched raocow's and Simpleflips's video few times and seriously I don't see any difference in camera working. The only difference is that Simpleflips knows very well the path while raocow plays blindly. And also that Simpleflips doesn't use platform. This change camera angle a little.