(shouting)

Last Impact : Final Impact

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Last Impact : Ninth Recoil

Post by 10204307 »

Seeing an NPC in a Mario game call Mario a pervert caused my crops to shrivel up and die.

So is that freaky balloon thing just... not used for anything then?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

10204307 wrote: 5 years ago Seeing an NPC in a Mario game call Mario a pervert caused my crops to shrivel up and die.

So is that freaky balloon thing just... not used for anything then?

it is, rao will probably have to figure it out tomorrow

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Is it just me that really really dislikes the camera? Because I find the constant terrible camera angles really distracting as a viewer and I can only imagine what it's like playing it. Maybe you should use the "Hold R to center camera behind Mario" thing the game says it ha more often. And maybe change it back to the smooth camera instead of the 8-directional one by pressing Dpad-Right.
aterraformer

Re: Last Impact : Eight Medallion (Zelda)

Post by aterraformer »

Alice wrote: 5 years agoI mean isn't that basically an accurate description for Super Demo World and Brutal Mario too?
Super Mario 74 is the proper Super Demo World of SM64.
Awoo wrote: 5 years agoToday, on "raocow Plays Zelda: Ocarina of Time", the rudest mermaids ever!
Kaze's newest longer SM64 hack is based on Ocarina of Time. It is much better than Last Impact imo
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

I am surprised with how fast raocow solved the water temple puzzle. It's not hard, but when i played it, i didn't assume mario could push something 10 times his size. I know it was a pushable block from the original, but it probably would've helped if it had arrows on it or something in this context.
But now, the cork thing was a true :slow: moment LOL
ImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I never thought to push the cork while watching. I assumed the cork was partially in the ground, in which case you wouldn't be able to push it.
IRikarte

Re: Last Impact : Eight Whack (a mole)

Post by IRikarte »

Darkonius64 wrote: 5 years ago this hack reduces mario's hitpoints so you'll likely get 2/3 shotted by most things.
I have no idea why Kaze reduced the max HP. It causes absolutely nothing but problems, especially in lava stages as you get 2shotted by everything fire.
Implo

Post by Implo »

IRikarte wrote: 5 years ago I have no idea why Kaze reduced the max HP. It causes absolutely nothing but problems, especially in lava stages as you get 2shotted by everything fire.
It's not the only weird change. Water surface doesn't heal you anymore which is another unreasonable decision.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Implo wrote: 5 years ago
IRikarte wrote: 5 years ago I have no idea why Kaze reduced the max HP. It causes absolutely nothing but problems, especially in lava stages as you get 2shotted by everything fire.
It's not the only weird change. Water surface doesn't heal you anymore which is another unreasonable decision.
air meter is separate

there is no longer a point
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Have you guys considered it's cause in the original sm64 nobody ever dies of health out in most scenarios
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago Have you guys considered it's cause in the original sm64 nobody ever dies of health out in most scenarios
you can fix that with level design geared more towards damage over instakills

instead of just crippling the player
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

I want an entire game with raocow-voice sound effects.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Last Impact : No Recoil

Post by Awoo »

FrozenQuills wrote: 5 years ago I want an entire game with raocow-voice sound effects.
^This
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I died out of health loss a lot when I first played SM64 way back when
video games
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

man i don't know if that bizarro world looks good to anyone, but it's especially awful if you're familiar with those types of texture layers

combined with the lack of sound and it literally feels like kaze somehow turned sm64 into an pre-alpha tech demo

also @ going slow in sand, that's not actually what's happening there. as you'd expect, your horizontal speed is lowered while moving on a slope to make up for how much vertical speed you get - thing is, this applies even when you're not going vertical, so even just walking across a steep slope slows you down a ton

which is why steep slopes don't tend to be walkable in sm64, and those that are tend to be ones you only go up or down, like the pillars in shifting sand land and that one part in the bowser level where mario just runs up a wall like it's nothing
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I watched the most recent two episodes of Last Impact and this is all I have to say on the matter on the design of this game:

Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: Last Impact : Tenth ROCK CRASH

Post by Mandew »

I didn't know Water Skiiers made webs
video games
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Diving after Side flipping may give you an easier time reaching new heights, since you usually start it a bit far away from the ledge.

Also, if you DO NOT touch the Control Stick as Mario lands from a Long Jump, he'll plant his feet in place.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago I watched the most recent two episodes of Last Impact and this is all I have to say on the matter on the design of this game:

[*img]https://i.imgur.com/sGRC4Mh.jpg[/img]

[*img]https://i.imgur.com/GLZAbwa.png[/img]
lol

I caught up on a few episodes at once, so a comment on the Bowser fight. I realize raocow just doesn't..."do" bosses, but someone else also mentioned having a problem, and is it just me or could the fight not be solved by better timing? Bower is locked in place while he does his fire attacks, so you could wait on the bridge until he starts inhaling, then walk up to his platform, grab the bomb and throw it while he's still attacking. raocow's successful attempt happened to coincide with that timing.

I mean I haven't played the game myself so I don't know how "possible" that is, but it seems like really basic "attack when his guard is down" stuff.
Implo

Post by Implo »

I really like Course 4. It's fun to explore this place but unfortunately this place is shown in a really bad way. I'm talking, for example, about starting point. When you enter the course you can see through walls. This shouldn't be happening. The reason for that is simple - Mario is in a small cave and the camera is behind him. I understand that. But the solution is also simple - just put Mario starting point more to the forward. Passages are small so again the issue with seeing through walls repeats. Why not making these passages bigger? For me that's one of basic mistakes that can be done when hacking SM64.

Also a note to raocow. You are really good in controlling Mario. I would say you are much better than me. But when it goes to camera you are very hesitant. These comments "Where am I?" can be easily resolved by turning your camera or putting it behind Mario. Unfortunately you ignore the problem. You don't know where you are and I, as a watcher, also don't know where you are. Just consider using camera controls more often.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I believe the silver stars are actually from SM64DS. Though they weren't in such questionably programmed terrain and if you got hit while carrying any, one of them would pop out of you and start bouncing all over the level and you had to collect them again. I think some of the DS-exclusive maps tended to make use of these.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Can I just say how ugly this game looks

And I don't mean the blocky graphics as much as just... the palette choices and generally bland-looking areas. It doesn't feel very... mario-esque
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

I saw someone post in the youtube comments this bit of tech, but in case you didn't see it there raocow, i'll put it herer as well.
Kicking up slopes! It's actually super simple, and while there is no point in the hack where it's required, Kaze probably thought the people playing this would be aware of it, and it makes traversal in somewhat sloped areas a lot easier.
All you need to do is press and hold the A button and then repeatedly press the B button (but don't mash) while moving in the slope; All of this walking at speeds not so fast that you would otherwise dive. This would've made those bits where you were in the sandy slopes and going slow a lot more bearable, so keep it in mind when facing slope problems!

On another note, man, Kaze really likes making stuff as dark as humanly possible.
ImageImage
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Piesonscreations wrote: 5 years agoThis would've made those bits where you were in the sandy slopes and going slow a lot more bearable, so keep it in mind when facing slope problems!
I just wish the game didn't have slope problems to begin with. Pictured here today was just how much Mario likes to slide and has trouble with forward momentum while jumping on surfaces that aren't slight inclines.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

"Now the balloon is free to rise to the azure at it's own pace."

raocow wrote: 4 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.