(shouting)

[RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Stink Terios

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „LUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFT“

Post by Stink Terios »

I like that Luste was a nightmare in the first game and she's a joke in this.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

:ehh: : We have less reason to fight than in Rabi-R-

:gravytea: : FIGHT. NOW.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Charged: Freudia will shoot a fan of 5 Eislanzes around her that lunge outward.
Oh, that's cool, so her attacks from the boss fight were actually adapted, and decently faithfully.

Even down to the horrific noise.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Reverning wrote: 5 years ago
Oh, that's cool, so her attacks from the boss fight were actually adapted, and decently faithfully.

Even down to the horrific noise.
This is more like a literal fan: it's two on each side of her, one above her, and two on the 45 degree angles outward. It's not the Eislanze wall from RKS1, but it's arguably even harder to dodge. Thankfully you're not playing as the idiots that have to dodge it.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

There were some good guesses for the Intro Stage Game Over screen, but unfortunately, no one got it. It is a reference to Doraemon: The Revenge of Giga Zombie. One can find the screen style in question here. That link also shows the inspiration for an alternate Intro Stage Game Over screen, shown below!

RKS18_Alt.png
RKS18_Alt.png (298.93 KiB) Viewed 3347 times

Anyway, here's Bluste's Game Over screen. Not quite as immediately obvious as Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, I'd say, but perhaps you know it if you're familiar with a certain wide-spread animated GIF commonly found in avatars on forums internet-wide. Only one since nothing was edited aside from the stuff on the side that's in every Game Over screen.

RKS19.png
RKS19.png (155.27 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

that's a sweet karateka rendition of freu
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think Freudenstachel is easier, although there are a couple stages where the difficulty spikes. I feel that the bosses in RKSF generally have fancier attacks, but they're easier to handle. The boss attacks in RKS original (should be really called Rosenkreuzstilette Seelegewehr, TBH) look simple but take more work to dodge.

I don't think you get crushed if you ride an ascending block up to the top boundary (those blocks in the Luste fight weren't solid). But you do have to be careful earlier in the level where the terrain of the moving layer can crush you into the terrain of the stationary layer - that got me before.

Eislanze I didn't find nearly as handy as Lustatem. Sure, it bounces off walls several times, but there weren't a lot of spots where that really helped. It's nice that the attack persists if it destroys an enemy, though.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

stone block da! does not have the same energy to it as ROAD ROLLA DA!!!! but i'll give her partial credit for trying
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

let people borrow your strudel, but don't let their strudel borrow you

~Techniques Learned~

Weiβteufel (White Devil)

Uncharged: Freudia will use a large chunk of the weapon's energy to create a screen-wide effect that temporarily slows time. She will fire Sichte's emerald shards as a weapon while this field is in effect.

Charged: This weapon cannot be charged to any notable effect.
Grounder

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich weiß was ich denken soll. Ich weiß wie man vorausdenkt!“

Post by Grounder »

a crappier version of her own main weapon

gj freu
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Reverning

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich weiß was ich denken soll. Ich weiß wie man vorausdenkt!“

Post by Reverning »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago a crappier version of her own main weapon

gj freu
That's because it's Speed Gear, not Power Gear!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Ah man, that fight was really cool. The winning fight didn't really showcase that as much cause it was a tad Fire Man-ey; I kinda wish the death where she got down to 1-bar of health was the winning fight cause that was neat when you got into the flow of things.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

As an aside, I wonder if the font WOMI was using for the weapon get screen even had a capital Eszett.

From a design standpoint, I just cannot help but feel that right now Weißteufel was begging to be translated as "WHIte DEVIL".

Ah well, maybe in Schwesternschaft.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

At first I thought β was supposed to be like the Greek letter beta so I was surprised when I learned that it had an S sound.

Sometimes when Sichte uses timestop, you can get out of the freeze effect (this was also the case in the first game). I think it's if you time your command at the right moment?
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago Sometimes when Sichte uses timestop, you can get out of the freeze effect (this was also the case in the first game). I think it's if you time your command at the right moment?
think it's just unable to affect you while invincible after taking damage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich kann nicht glauben, dass es keine Butter ist!“

Post by Awoo »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years agoAt first I thought β was supposed to be like the Greek letter beta so I was surprised when I learned that it had an S sound.
From what little German I remember from primary school, β can also be written as "ss", as an easy way to substitute it. For example, weiβ can also be written as weiss.
It's similar to vowels with an "umlaut" on them, like ü, can also be written as "ue" since it's pronounced in a similar way. Just substitute the dots over the vowel with an "e" at the end, and that's your short-cut to basic German understanding!

But don't take my word for it!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Very important note for raocow that I forgot:

Since you cannot revisit stages, the only missable is up next in Libby's stage. No sweat if you miss it, but it does have dialogue attached to it.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

The Chill Penguin sled can be moved up or down while riding it. Similar to MM4 Rush Jet.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Luste's Game Over screen is indeed a Karateka referene! Good call there. Here's Sichte's screen again; it is actually the prequel of a game we've already seen.

RKS20_JP.png
RKS20_JP.png (180.8 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
RKS20_EN.png
RKS20_EN.png (202.24 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich kann nicht glauben, dass es keine Butter ist!“

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 5 years agoAt first I thought β was supposed to be like the Greek letter beta so I was surprised when I learned that it had an S sound.
From what little German I remember from primary school, β can also be written as "ss", as an easy way to substitute it. For example, weiβ can also be written as weiss.
Only since 1996 in common words, not proper nouns! And given this is ostensibly set in 15XX and the weapon is presumably "Named" as such, they're free to abuse archaic letters (as if any spelling regulation would stop them).
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

ß is not archaic and in fact only got a capital form, like, last year so finally you can put it into allcaps yelling. It is, however, rather complicated and the 1996 reform tried to clear that up.

Basically, that's a linguistic thing I'm not a super expert about though, there's two fundamental ways to pronounce s: soft and hard, without or with a sharp hiss attached. I'll get to an example later. Anyway, soft pronounciation tends to be just a single s in German, hard hiss a double-s...OR a ß. ß however was also used for other things, like an s-sound after a diphthong, with "weiß" being a good example. The ei is a long vowel like all diphthongs, and that influences how you pronounce the s, so ß makes sense to distinguish that, just...language-historically.

And this is still true! So no, you can't write weiß as weiss in German, the latter is simply wrong. You can however write is as weiss if you don't have a keyboard with an ß on it, we're not Nazis like that ;). Same for the Umlaute: no German would every write ü as ue, but we graciously allow foreigners to do it, and we do it (and ss instead of ß) in crosswords simply because it makes them easier to design, I presume.

What was changed in the reform is that a word like Fluss (river) now NEEDS to have the double s because the u is a short vowel; it used to be written as Fluß, but that is inconsistent, because it's not pronounced Fluuß.

So Weißteufel is correctly written like that and has to be that way in proper German, it's a long I (think of it more like an ayyy caramba) followed by a soft s that peters out. And thus ends the German lesson of the day!
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Petition to change "ß" to "🅱️". Edit: WHY IS THE RED B SO BIG
Also, today's fight seemed fun.
ImageImage
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Chirei wrote: 5 years agobut it does have dialogue attached to it.
Don't get the item raocow
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Question: why did they change some German Subtitles in the Steam Version? thats something i'm bugging off.

As to the Sichte Fight: It is true. Her Attacks are quite overwhelming at first, but is pretty good static and repeatable. The homing singular bullets and the Knives from the top can really bug some people because of either correct manipulation usage or accidentally misplacing.

And btw: In earlier Demo Versions (v0.05 or lower),

Sichte had an extra Trick in her repertoire by slowing down or speeding up Freudia. You could seen which effect was on by looking at the Clock.

100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel