(shouting)

[RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich werde deine Seele mit Ketchup verspeisen.“

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

guys i think grolla might have a problem

But yeah, easily the most brutal-looking stage by far, especially with the bloody rain near the end.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

I can't believe the LARPer became goth
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Joseph Staleknight wrote: 5 years ago guys i think grolla might have a problem
She's been possessed by the soul of Death and the battle patterns of Enker and Youmu. Yes, that probably qualifies as a problem.

Today's midboss escapee from Ghosts N' Goblins dies comically fast if you unleash Freuden Zwinger. Most overly large midboss targets share that trait.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Schwermut's Game Over screen is a reference to Takeshi's Challenge. Today's should be easy enough to guess given the correct answer was mentioned in a previous video in this series.

RKS23_JP.png
RKS23_JP.png (231.91 KiB) Viewed 3985 times
RKS23_EN.png
RKS23_EN.png (247.56 KiB) Viewed 3985 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich weiß was ich denken soll. Ich weiß wie man vorausdenkt!“

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago blood physics

~Techniques Learned~

Eisschwert (Ice Sword)

Uncharged: Freudia will send out an ice slash a short distance in front of her. Unlike Grollschwert, this weapon does NO damage whatsoever except for bosses that are weak to it! An enemy that is affected by this weapon will be instantly defeated and sealed in a block of ice that Freu can use as a temporary platform.

Charged: A giant frozen slash cleaves the whole screen and instantly freezes any enemies not powerful enough to resist the attack. Their corpses can all be used as platforms.
Damn, that sounds hardcore
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Opinion: Most of the controls in this game feel super tight and responsive. But the swimming controls? Not so much.
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Lieber Mario, ich habe eine Jacht in meinem Gesäß stecken!“

Zorne and Trauare are major besties this game (more so than before) and it shows in the beginning of their desperation attacks for the first of the two fought. From today's vid, Zorne assisting Trau in the latter's stage resulted in those heart-shaped water mines. Meanwhile, if Zorne were tackled first, you'd instead have to face a giant lava pillar courtesy of Trau stretching her definition of "manipulating water".
Chirei

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich weiß was ich denken soll. Ich weiß wie man vorausdenkt!“

Post by Chirei »

Surprise! Trauare and Zorne have EX Skills in this game, depending on which one of the two you fight first.

EX Skill: Remote Depth Charges

Trau will transfer her aqua magic to Zorne, who will use it to make Remote Bomberman Bombs in the form of heart-shaped sea mines. (Image) I would say this is much easier to dodge than the other one they use, as you just have to outrun the trail of 6 depth charges.

~Techniques Learned~

Kopiekreisel (Copy Spin)

Uncharged: Freu creates two spinning copies of herself using ice magic that tear through enemies multiple times. They can also smash through shields*, and do even more damage if they do. A much-improved variation of Top Spin that has superior range, energy consumption, usability, and damage.

*Note: Due to the way Eggmetools are programmed in this game, Kopiekreisel does not damage them while shielded. It will work on just about every other shielded enemy though, and anything that would have been weak to Top Spin before.

Charged: This weapon may not be charged.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] Aquaria!

Post by Awoo »

Today, on raocow plays Aquaria: Megaman X4

That was a weird blender mixup of various things. Still! :demo:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Lieber Mario, ich habe eine Jacht in meinem Gesäß stecken!“

Post by Kilgamayan »

I have to admit today's video title took me a lot longer than normal to figure out.

Grolla's Game Over screen is the reference to The Uninvited that you were looking for in Mikey 3 however many videos back. Here are today's screens, from an obscure older game that was actually released in the West for once.

RKS24_JP.png
RKS24_JP.png (308.81 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
RKS24_EN.png
RKS24_EN.png (383.9 KiB) Viewed 3890 times

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Got to the boss and it's only 1/3 of the video, yikes. Didn't expect that, given that I think Trauare is easier this time around than in the first game.

The blocks and Needles (spike balls with faces) summoning attack isn't threatening because the blocks can't actually crush you. You can just stand on the floor and let the whole thing pass through.

Eisschwert is basically like the ice flower in SMBX, and it's a very handy tool. Sometimes you might find standing on the blocks useful but often I used it simply to freeze enemies (and projectiles).
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

KID OF MICHAEL X2

~Techniques Learned~

Frostfackel (Freeze Torch)

Uncharged: Freudia will throw an ice grenade that lets loose a rippling explosion outward when it hits the ground. It is similar to Frost Man's Ice Wave, and Holy Water from Castlevania. The explosion is powerful enough to destroy some walls. Lastly, its distance is improved if used under water.

Charged: This weapon may not be charged for some reason.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Sehr prima Deutsch gelernt!“

Post by Awoo »

Once again, raocow gets the bomb weapon (nearly) at the end!

Though there's more than just these 8, aren't there?

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „[Diese Geschichte ist] über einen KERL, der GETRETEN WURDE und EXPLODIERTE!“

Zorne wasn't kidding around in the first game, but now she's mad. Glad raocow found out her pattern in good time.

Also, for the curious, this is what happens if you manage to get the whole screen filled up:

Yep, same result as last game but now with a cute image to go along with it!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „[Diese Geschichte ist] über einen KERL, der GETRETEN WURDE und EXPLODIERTE!“

Post by Kilgamayan »

Man, Zorne is so good. <3

Trauare's Game Over screen is a reference to Crash 'n' the Boys: Street Challenge. Here are today's, where we're going back to a Japan-only series (and one that had a number of games in the franchise to boot). Square strikes again with this one!

RKS25_JP.png
RKS25_JP.png (296.76 KiB) Viewed 3768 times
RKS25_EN.png
RKS25_EN.png (319.76 KiB) Viewed 3768 times

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Zorne's timing is easier this time around because the bomb she throws down from the air blows up as soon as it lands, so you don't have to estimate when the bombs will go off for the most part. That explosion right before the end of the fight is caused by a bomb lobbed by the robot in the background. It randomly does that while Zorne stands and watches.

You can toss Frostfackel directly at enemies instead of using the ice trail to hit them, but then it will be used up without turning into a trail. Also it won't burst if you toss it at a wall; it will just stop and drop down. It needs to land on the floor to burst.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

st. rudel

~Techniques Learned~

Frostklinge (Freeze Blade)

Uncharged: Freudia will throw an ice shuriken that can be aimed like the Shadow Blade from Megaman 3. However, it does not return, and instead falls at the end of the throw distance, and then begins to roll along any possible surfaces ahead to continue carving up the opposition.

Charged: This weapon may not be charged for some reason.
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Willkommen im Wald der Tiefe. Es ist ein sehr tiefer Wald.“

It's been a while since I did one of these CD data profiles.

RKS-013: Doris Warmind (/DOOR-rees VAHR-mint/)

A young but intelligent Magus who heads the RKS Special Ops Division. Normally calm and formidable, but when she gets worked up--usually due to others making light of her short stature--she tends to slip up at the worst times. She can also be harsh towards those she perceives as breaking the rules of her organization. Wields the Fesselspirale, a giant throwing star that is guided by the wind that it generates from nearby objects.

"Hey! Don't call me small!"

GOOD POINT: Strong work ethic
BAD POINT: Clueless about the real world
DISLIKES: Being a failure

Trivia:
  • Interestingly, "Warmind" might not be a reference to any German game designers. There is a Danish editor named Morten Warmind, but it's unknown if her surname references him.
  • As she lamented in her pre-fight conversation, Luste Teuber is her superior. Yes, that's right: the wind ninja-type is subordinate to the questionably-clothed super-heroine.
  • Her first name was "Dolis" in earlier versions of the game, but was changed to the proper spelling later on.
  • The reason why she idolizes Shirach so much is that before the latter defected, she made the former her Fesselspirale.
  • Also, for those who missed it, her RKS number is not RKS-010 as you'd expect, but RKS-013. That leaves numbers RKS-010 through RKS-012 vacant for other members (presumably with Schirach once being one of those three).
Paragraph

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Willkommen im Wald der Tiefe. Es ist ein sehr tiefer Wald.“

Post by Paragraph »

Joseph Staleknight wrote: 5 years ago Trivia:
  • Also, for those who missed it, her RKS number is not RKS-010 as you'd expect, but RKS-013. That leaves numbers RKS-010 through RKS-012 vacant for other members (presumably with Schirach once being one of those three).
The actual deep lore reason is that Doris only has three toes.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Seeing the statue in the background of Doris's boss room made me nostalgic for Actraiser.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

There was a floor above the start of the stage with a tank.

It helps to remember that for some of these weapons you can use more than one shot at a time. I kept forgetting that with Frostklinge.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Today, on RKSF: Ys III.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Petition to name Strudel's Hund "Slush."
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Dieser Onkel Broadsword und seine verrückten Schnellreichwerden-Konzepte!“

my computer is dying and wants to take me with it guys

SK-001: Pamela Arwig (/[...] AHR-vik/)

The leader of the Schwarzkreuz and second only to the Pope himself, she is a noblewoman trained in secret to become a knight. Has a strong sense of morals and will not tolerate those who do not agree with them. Most of all, despite being a Dark Magus she considers her power a gift from God, and thus she refuses to consider herself a Magus. Wields the Weißsilber, an enchanted blade that can manipulate anything within a circle that it has drawn.

"I have been waiting for this! I will destroy you!"

GOOD POINT: Sensible
BAD POINT: Big ego
DISLIKES: Betrayal

Trivia:
  • As may be pretty obvious, she's based on Adol Christin from the Ys series.
  • Her designer, alphes, was also responsible for illustrating many of the fighting game spin-offs from the Touhou series, as well as MegaMari.
Also, on another topic, Kilgamayan missed Doris yesterday.

Was her game over screen really that boring?