(shouting)

[RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

And thus, the tyrannical reign of Iris Zeppelin has ended...for now, at least. Anyway, a bio of the recently deceased and/or frozen:

Iris Zeppelin (/EE-rees [...]/)

Once assumed to be an innocent child, she is actually a vicious enfant terrible who would do anything for her benefit alone, due to inheriting the intellect and raw power of Rosenkreuz but not his morals. Having tormented the RKS by placing them in a senseless war once, she had returned to do the same thing but with an actual witch hunt, much to the dismay of both the RKS and the Imperial citizenry. Along with the power granted to her as one half of Rosenkreuz's reincarnation, she also wields the lightning-based Blitzstrahl (/BLITS-shtrahl/) and can assume a more seraphic form with the Wings of Madness.

"Come on! Let's start dancing together!"

GOOD POINT: Incredibly talented
BAD POINT: Megalomaniacal
DISLIKES: Being denied godhood

Trivia:
  • She's inspired not only by Dr Wily from the classic Mega Man series, but also Lumine from MegaMan X8 due to her seraphic form and references to being a malevolent entity of light, though I'm not sure if Lumine ever claimed to be a goddess.
  • Despite being explicitly named after the Greek goddess of the rainbow, one could argue she functions more like a different namesake, Eris, Greek goddess of discord. It would certainly fit with her desire to cause grief and strife among people for her sole benefit.
  • Interestingly, in the original Japanese she spoke with distinct mannerisms (such as ending many of her lines with "desu wa," a phrase roughly meaning "Good heavens") even after she drops the innocent facade. This got changed into different manners of speaking in the English version depending on whether or not she revealed her true nature yet.
----
Chirei wrote:I have no idea if WOMI plans to do anything else with the RKS brand, but it's uncertain if Iris actually dies when Freudia seals her in ice. Eifer was 100% confirmed to have died fighting against Freu, though.
As much as I want to see, say, RKS Zornesbombe, I feel that for now the series is going to remain a duology. WOMI only managed to pull Freudenstachel together for release because he taught himself how to code just to fill in the void left by Isemiya. So I doubt he'd do another entry unless he either found another programmer or decided to take some serious crash courses in that field. Besides, I'm sure he and Darksquid are still busy working on Schwesternschaft, and even that's taking quite a while....
Last edited by Joseph Staleknight 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I'M MORE THAN A MAGI! DIE, IRIS!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm really interested in that one guy who was the brother of one of the main 8. He sounded pretty cool.

He was the 1st one to see that Iris for the sociopath she really is. And while he was captured for it in the first game, apparently in the 2nd game he kicked a lot of Swartches butt off screen. It's too bad he never appeared in person. This leaves Iris's dad as the only visible male character, and he's dead twice over now.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

Now we need a beat em up from the perspective of the fairies.
These games were fun to watch!
ImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago You found the biggest powerup in the game, the Max-Up. This is the true power of Rosenkreuz, that far exceeds even the 3-up moon. As it implies, your lives are set to the maximum amount if you get it.

I don't know what causes it, but sometimes there is a version that is Tia's head, but with Iris's face and red eyes. This fake is a Max-Down, setting your lives to 0 instantly.
I believe the former always appears when you're Freudia and the latter always appears when you're the other character. That has been my experience, at least.

---

It's funny you would single out Trick Master Mint as "it's all thanks to you", because honestly it kinda is. He was one of the major players in Darksquid Media, and struck up a friendship with WOMI after WOMI's character design contest that resulted in all those new folks you saw in this game. Without his presence and moral support, it's possible the game would have taken even longer to complete. (The reason he was listed in the Japanese portion of the credits in the Special Thanks section was because he also submitted a design for said character creation contest, and was in fact the only Western person to submit something. His character didn't make it into RKSF, but WOMI still liked her design and concept a lot, so it's possible we'd see her in a theoretical third game, particularly given Mint's involvement in the franchise since.)

If I may make a suggestion, I would suggest loading RKS:F one last time and entering that end-of-game code. I'm not saying/asking you to play the whole game again immediately (or even necessarily do this on-camera), I just think it's worth seeing what happens when you enter it. You might be surprised!

Thank you for playing through these two games, they mean a lot to me personally. I am glad you enjoyed them, and doubly glad that the viewership tolerated them, fighting over the Hero of Justice's design notwithstanding.

Zorne and Pam forever. o7

Iris 3's Game Over screen is a reference to Atlantis no Nazo, as was pointed out. (Gensokyo no Nazo is a Touhou version of that game that I've heard good things about and looked very interesting from what little I've seen of it. Might be worth your time LPing some time in the future, honestly, if it ever finds its way to the Patreon poll.) Here are the Iris 4 Game Over screens, whose source shall forever remain a mystery~ (I don't know why the localization added text, but they found and used the correct font, so hey, credit where it's due there.)

RKS34_JP.png
RKS34_JP.png (306.66 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
RKS34_EN.png
RKS34_EN.png (434.93 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Technically, the "max" life-up is actually a 7-up. (Functionally identical to a max life-up so long as you have 2 lives in reserve when you get it - like starting fresh off the password.) Instead of Freudia's head, it's Spiritia's.

As someone who knew nothing about these games before raocow's LP, I am glad I picked them up and greatly enjoyed playing along. I look forward to raocow's eventual return to play using the alternate characters. Thanks all!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I'm really interested in that one guy who was the brother of one of the main 8. He sounded pretty cool.

You see Kahl in the Pamela mode. She fights him in her stage and it's a pretty neat fight.

I think this might be the first time I've seen two Steam achievements unlocked at the same time. A few final things about the last video:

Sound balancing: You can adjust the volume of music/sounds/voices separately, and there are keyboard shortcuts for those too (I know because I keep accidentally pressing them while playing).
Giant Blitzstrahl attack: You dodge it by being on the sides. You need to get there ahead of time since the attack strikes pretty fast.
Strudel: Lilli didn't instant kill in the first game, either - rather, recall that she had exactly enough mana to defeat Iris on her own.

This playthrough of the duology was a treat to watch. It was fun playing them myself and I'm glad that others enjoyed it too and that the LP went smoothly.