(shouting)

Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Wario Land 3 - With input from Samus

Post by ano0maly »

how to spoiler

And this is from a few pages back: I am in agreement with Leet that a separate [hint] tag that does the same thing is just plain unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind a [hide] tag simply being there as a shorthand to the spoiler tag, instead of being designated for a different purpose.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

People are posting to fast. Where were all of you this morning. There's a 4 hour gap after the storytime post.
FPzero wrote: 5 years ago The only thing I'll say about the flowchart is that I don't think it's necessary for you to post the full thing outside of the first post. I know you mentioned wanting to do it at the top of this page, but it's a big enough image that I don't think you need to post the whole thing more than once. It's a lot of images to load all at once.
You may be right. But if I ever do manage that, I won't have to do the smaller 'update posts'. For a bit.
ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago how to spoiler

And this is from a few pages back: I am in agreement with Leet that a separate [hint] tag that does the same thing is just plain unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind a [hide] tag simply being there as a shorthand to the spoiler tag, instead of being designated for a different purpose.
In cased you missed it, my post before yours had me asking what happened to the button for regular spoiler button. It disappeared a long time ago.
Last edited by Sebby19 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago
bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years ago and I think that people (including you) could be much better in that thread about spoilering suggestions as well.
Wait, what? I haven't played the game, why would I need to spoiler? If I suggest something, it's because I'm requesting raocow to try something because I don't know whats going to happen.

But I've shared a similar, if opposite, opinion with you. Sometimes I think some people are overusing ispoiler. I click on them and pondered, why did you hide this? But I've never mentioned until now because that would be trying to change the mind of a whole community, if I tried. So I left people to do what they do.
Because raocow is playing a game BLIND and that should mean that he's allowed to do as he wishes without being told what to do? Because he should be allowed to make his own choices without being forced to read suggestions if he doesn't want to? Because just reading a suggestion, no matter how well intended, can shape what you want to do (consciously or not) and that's soiling a blind experience? Because people can choose to see an ispoiler but they have to avoid the thread completely to not see something that isn't spoiled? Because there's literally no harm in ispoilering except if it apparently upsets you aesthetically (which is a legitimately weird concern and shows you care more about yourself than your reader)?
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

People put spoilers on stuff just in case, it's just easier to put a spoiler on anything that hasn't happened yet. That's true for absolutely any form of media.

Sure you might not personally think something is worth keeping secret but someone else might. I'm sure there's people here who think nothing in a nintendo platformer is really worth hiding under spoiler tags.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Even if its a blind lets play, it is a LET'S play. I think I remember rao saying he doesn't mind suggestions, until they get to be too much. Ofcourse I know you'll argue it should never get to that point, but that's the tricky undefined line.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Even if its a blind lets play, it is a LET'S play. I think I remember rao saying he doesn't mind suggestions, until they get to be too much. Ofcourse I know you'll argue it should never get to that point, but that's the tricky undefined line.
Counterpoint 1) I'd very much like a source citation for something you "think you remember." That's not so important though.
Counterpoint 2) Just because someone is playing a game online doesn't mean they should be FORCED to read suggestions and such if they're checking the thread for whatever reason. And a person could CHOOSE to look an an ispoiler. Considering raocow has made statements suggesting he doesn't often play games other than LPing anymore (and now I look like a hypocrite for not having a source citation for this, but whatever), you're saying that he doesn't get to play games without suggestions period. And if anyone wanted to play along with the game, they don't have raocow's platform to say what they want one way or the other. This is something that's bothered me since my post in the HK thread. I noted that people playing along also shouldn't have to be subject to the spoilers and suggestions and whatnot, and there was no response to that portion.

My anxiety says I need to stop talking about this, because I can barely form posts I'm able to tolerate.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

Is it too much to ask to see an actual blind LP of this or any other game? Wouldn't it be for a much better experience for raocow and the audience when raocow goes "wow, i can do this now" than "alright, just as person x told me.
I just wanna see how the game works for someone who did not play it yet/has no idea of it.
If we get one or more frustrating episode, that's fine. If needed, one can always help him in retrospective, but as long any hints/spoilers/advice are unneeded, they should be hidden. How else will we get someone's genuine opinion on the game?
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

I just want to watch raocow play Wario Land 3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Even if its a blind lets play, it is a LET'S play. I think I remember rao saying he doesn't mind suggestions, until they get to be too much. Ofcourse I know you'll argue it should never get to that point, but that's the tricky undefined line.
here's a line

suggestions within spoiler tags: OK
suggestions outside of spoiler tags: too much

this is neither tricky nor undefined
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I would object to the notion of treating spoiler hints and nonspoiler feedback the same way. The distinction does make a difference. raocow's never been the person to just play the game himself while everyone just watches. Sebby and tirakai do have a point - that it's "let's play" because of viewer participation.

However, it doesn't look good to build a pattern of spilling details in advance of something that isn't dealt with yet, or of acting too bossy with the player and ordering him around. It has to do with the attitude of the users and not just the post content. We should avoid being control freaks or turning this into an AMA session as the know-it-all of the room.

(this is also a response to the Hollow Knight thread)
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

Since it's relevant to the dicussion as of late here's the tags for todays video:
I'm digging, the chart map, sebby19
fart.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I did see that! Wooh!

Hey raocow, since mentioned the musical coins in video, you can accept the challenge to see what happens.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

032. E1 The Stagnant Swamp - Red

Drying swamp ~
my sadness, leaving
turtle friend.

033. W2 The Volcano's Base - Blue

October ~
dracula's curse in
water drops.

034. S4 The Steep Canyon - Red

Sunny cliffs ~
swelling with springtime
allergies.

-------------------
ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago
FTFY:

The ending to the red treasure in "The Stagnant Swamp" always saddens me: that happy pink turtle does so much for you, & you reward it by causing it to spontaneously combust.

A problem I have with the blue treasure in "The Volcano's Base": ¿anyone recognize it? You swim past bubbles to a side area where you have to break cracked blocks with your noggin to get a key. It's such a copy o' "The Tidal Coast"'s red treasure. 'Cept I shouldn't say "The Volcano Base" is the problem, as it does it better: "The Tidal Coast"'s 2nd section is just "throw enemy @ blocks". They should've done something else with "The Tidal Coast"'s treasure.

In fact, "The Tidal Coast" is so all-o'er the place that they clearly didn't know what to do with it.

¿Who's excited for seeing raocow play "The Colossal Hole" & meeting a familiar friend?
Last edited by J. J. W. Mezun 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

raocow you uncorked the volcano, now you're gonna destroy the music box world and everything inside, dang it!!

I'm baffled why The Colossal Hole is E4 when it's the third level unlocked- the fourth one unlocked is E3, then you'll likely unlock E7 before E6! The East Side's progression order is so weird. It's 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 3 -> 6 -> 7 -> 5! AND you can unlock E7 before E6! It's like they just completely changed how the East Side was mid-development...

Yes, I, too, welcome the return of a beloved friend! Too bad raocow doesn't get to use him ;)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Planning out this whole treasure flowchart was quite a challenge, because I wanted to establish some 'hard rules' to make it look nice. One of those being how everything is spaced out. Another rule was how to organize the treasures left to right. Should I order them in the same order as the levels that sparkle in cutscenes? Or ordering by levels left to right? Or by level index? OR by treasure index? And I HAD to keep that last rule for Treasure Sets, for obvious reasons.

Each of the above rules would change the ordering of that 1st 4-way split in the chart. That could possibly put a treasure inbetween the Snowstorm Spell Book and it's related Freeze Cane. And ultimately that didn't look good, since that's the only time that happen (I think).
Anyways, did I succeed with my hard rules? No. No I didn't, and that's all because of what I dub The Mess, near the end of the game. I'll let you guys know when we're in the thick of it.

What I would be interested in, once everything is in finished, some try to do their own version of the graph, and make a version following one of the mentioned rules. I don't have the time, or the right Microsoft program, to bother.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Story time! With Wario Land 3.
The chains of deals...
Exploring each of the new areas the earthquake opened up, Wario find the Blue, Red, and Green of the Conch Artifact. When all three are put together, they radiate a magic power that causes the massive volcano in the middle to erupt! The large rocks that were clogging the top are released, spewing them everywhere! This frees up The West Crater to be explored, finally letting Wario explore the firey depths of the volcano. The largest of the boulders that were sent flying land in the East, making The Collasal Hole, a deep pit that reveals many hidden caves that were buried beneath.
I can't wait for the joy and subsequent sadness raocow is going to enjoy.

Hey J.J.W, who's that guy in the image that replaced Shakespeare?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoHey J.J.W, who's that guy in the image that replaced Shakespeare?
e. e. cummings
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 5 years ago ¿?
What is wrong with you?
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Still no

Owl Control

? I wonder how long until we finally see some. Can't wait! :3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Awoo wrote: 5 years ago Still no

Owl Control

Probably pretty soon. I don't remember all the stages that feature it, but one of them is

the Colossal Hole, which just unlocked today

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Count Mohawk wrote: 5 years ago
Awoo wrote: 5 years ago Still no

Owl Control

Probably pretty soon. I don't remember all the stages that feature it, but one of them is

the Colossal Hole, which just unlocked today

Except

the owls need to be unlocked first. I seem to remember that they fly out of reach, or something like that, until you get the right item.

I'm preparing for some serious disappointment, both from rao and the audience.

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

I do not know what Owl Control is, but i'm excited for the possibilities.

ImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

@pies did you see the wario land 2 LP? your answer is there
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Ometeotl wrote: 5 years ago
J. J. W. Mezun wrote: 5 years ago ¿?
What is wrong with you?
It's poetry. There's nothing wrong with that. Let them carry on.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Seeing the Warioland 3 site he made, and the other writing site someone else linked, this is just how he writes. A weird quirk, but ultimately harmless.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica